Devon the coattail rider.

Anonymous2123
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Devon the coattail rider.

Post by Anonymous2123 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:47 am

What on earth was that banana bread video?! - it was so slow, boring and awkward.

hamiltrash
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by hamiltrash » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:07 pm

She was acting really weird in that banana bread video, especially in the intro. It was quite uncomfortable to watch her trying to be funny and unique- it just came off really forced and awkward. Also she kind of acted quite childish in the part with Matt, kind of like she was trying to be cute, and she kept staring at him like a love-stricken pre-teen.

Someone in the comments hinted at her being pregnant (which Devon denied). Let's hope for all our sakes she never gets pregnant by Matt or else Darcy'll never get rid of her.

hamiltrash
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hamiltrash » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:09 pm

She was acting really weird in that banana bread video, especially in the intro. It was quite uncomfortable to watch her trying to be funny and unique- it just came off really forced and awkward. Also she kind of acted quite childish in the part with Matt, kind of like she was trying to be cute, and she kept staring at him like a love-stricken pre-teen.

Someone in the comments hinted at her being pregnant (which Devon denied). Let's hope for all our sakes she never gets pregnant by Matt or else Darcy'll never get rid of her.

videostar
Debater
Debater

Post by videostar » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:51 pm

She never seems natural in her videos, and it always feel like she's impersonating some of Louise's eccentricities to me.

Doughnutdemon12
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Doughnutdemon12 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:32 pm

I wish someone would tell her to stop the vidoes and acting like she's cute and funny! Can't she get her own life instead of trying to steal someone else's?

She's just waiting to be proposed to now, she's got the guy, the house, steals the poor child now just needs a ring on her finger.

There is no chemistry between them in vidoes or photos. Nothing! It's all so awkward and uncomfortable. From what I see I honestly don't see it lasting more than a few years at least. Just get a vibe that she's a rebound and not going to be around for a long long time. Even if they did get engaged I bet it would last years and years!

Louise and Liam on the other hand do look like they care about each other. And from tiny bits he's shown in vidoes actually cares and looks after Louise and Darcy.

Doughnutdemon12
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Doughnutdemon12 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:35 pm

Also, what is with the rush? Why did they rush to buy a house and move in together after only a year? How desperate are they trying to prove to people that they "love" each other? Screams fake!

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:12 pm

I just skimmed the banana bread video and Christ she has the personality of a crouton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:30 am

I just feel like Devon is jumping into commitments that she probably cannot handle in the long-run. Taking on responsibilities such as buying a house and looking after a child are very long-term agreements, that can be difficult to deal with especially since she suffers from anxiety.

I agree with other posters that said how there is no chemistry between Matt and Devon. It's
very awkward between them both and she looks more of an occasional babysitter than anything else. She does in fact look to be a rebound as somebody else said which is probably why they don't seem very close and affectionate. Matt probably needed somebody to stroke his ego and help him through his break-up with Louise temporarily. I don't think rebound relationships last long, it depends as some people just settle but from their interaction it's pretentious and they possibly look way more uncomfortable in real life.

Is it me or does anybody get the vibe that Devon seems to be snappy? She looks as though if she doesn't get what she wants she will fly into rage becoming violent and aggressive almost like a ticking time bomb. It sounds weird but she comes across as quite unstable and I honestly don't think she thought anything through because, she's also quite vulnerable and anxious just wanting to be accepted by everybody.

tinks-sx
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tinks-sx » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:13 am

personality of a crouton....

:rofl: :rofl:

Doughnutdemon12
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Doughnutdemon12 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:23 pm

Oh god she's gone and got a new twitter! :rofl:

Probably to keep an eye on Matt as he does reply to a lot of woman on there! :rofl:

Doughnutdemon12
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Doughnutdemon12 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Oh god she's gone and got a new twitter! :rofl:

Probably to keep an eye on matt as he does reply to a lot of woman on there! :rofl:

allIwantedwascake
Talker
Talker

Post by allIwantedwascake » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Ugh, I had to watch (only parts) of the video to come to my own conclusion and yeah, I agree with you all.
Doesn't she realise how boring and awkward it is that she speaks so low and so slow??? She speaks as if she was constantly asking for permission. I hope she is not doing it on purpose because it is "cute".

She makes videos and seems like she doesn't have anything to say about anything. She's just like "This video of me making a banana bread is about me making banana bread... hehe... so... let's make banana bread!" ugh stop it already.

I also agree with the zero chemistry at the end of the video. Matt didn't have much to say about the bread either.
English is my second language, sorry if I have mistakes <3

meowelseh
Informer
Informer

Post by meowelseh » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:05 am

I'm laughing at the fact she's followed quite a few YouTube events etc on twitter, like SITC and the Youtube Space London. Does she really think she's ever gonna make it on youtube and be invited to these places??? Even after piggy backing Louise's success.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:28 am

I was just googling Devon to try and see if there's any evidence supporting the fangirl theory and I came across the vimeo page for her film company and it seems like a complete joke. If you're going to be part of a film production company and have a degree in the same area, surely your videos are meant to be of better quality than that? (If you guys haven't seen: https://vimeo.com/harlequinrosefilms - the wedding ones make me feel so bad for whosever wedding it was). I've seen 12 year olds make better quality videos and construct very realistic fake wedding videos for their OTP. Considering her film skills are crap, and so are her writing abilities, it really goes to show that she's barely got any skills and is using Matt and the very little fame he has to try and make something out of herself. I just cannot understand how she takes herself seriously and creates these job titles for herself whilst putting out content like that... honestly it must be illegal ripping off her clients like that.

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:48 am

Those videos are awful! They look lie something that would be filmed for a bad reality TV show. She's a big fan of panning and moving shots clearly but she doesn't appear to have a tripod so they're all shaky and poorly done, plus she clearly doesn't understand her camera settings because all her shots look poorly lit.

Doughnutdemon12
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Doughnutdemon12 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:43 am

She can not film/take photos for sh*t! She honestly thinks she can and has made a 'business' out of it. Weddings of all things! Someone obsessed much! :rofl:

She also thinks her and Matt are Jack and Sally from a nightmare before Christmas! She's hinted it and her last Instagram post had a hashtag #wecanlivelikejackandsallyifwewantto :rofl:

I also feel like she tries to force Darcy into liking the same things as her like comics and batgirl. Darcy has always loved pink and fairies and is very much like her mother. Of course people do change what they like over time but it really does feel like Devon forces things on Darcy so she can go on about how 'alike' they are. She also does things she use to do with her parents with Darcy, like looking after a hamster. Why can't she save it for her own kid? She isn't a stepmum yet! Girl need to chill and stop being so obsessed. It doesn't come off as careing, it's creepy!

I also see Matt has Darcy for New Year just like he had her for most of Christmas. I feel like that is very unfair to Louise and she should have had her for New Year because she missed out on most of Christmas with her. He's such a utter twat! How can he let someone like Devon near his child! It's so obvious that Darcy dislikes going there. She always seems so much happier with her mum.

Tapestry
Debater
Debater

Post by Tapestry » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:26 am

meowelseh wrote:I'm laughing at the fact she's followed quite a few YouTube events etc on twitter, like SITC and the Youtube Space London. Does she really think she's ever gonna make it on youtube and be invited to these places??? Even after piggy backing Louise's success.
Wow. I think this pretty much confirms she's trying to be Louise/used to be a fan. How else would she know of these things if she was only doing YT for the fun/"art" of it as she's claimed? She wouldn't. The only way you know of those conventions is through YTers promoting them.

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:40 pm

She seems really lost and is not very confident with a low self-esteem. Although she's manipulative and cunning I do think it's sad that Matt is exploiting her and is using her since she's vulnerable and has no backbone. She will probably end up like many women in empty, distressing co-dependant relationships.

At the same time she wants fame and fortune so getting involved with the ex of a popular YouTuber, she took full advantage of the opportunities that may follow. I also think that her recent Banana Bread video was a debut, to market herself as a credible YouTuber with a boyfriend that also does videos so people can fangirl over them and they can build a solid audience like other YouTube couples. It's all very calculated.

Sadly, I don't think that Devon has adequate camera skills and she's far too awkward, tense and unnatural in front of the camera. Unfortunately, she will always be known as 'The Other Woman' that most people will not take seriously because, they see her as a home wrecker and somebody who is an opportunist trying to steal Louise's shine.

Devon is also still young so it baffles me how she just jumped into a big commitment, without living her life more and exploring going on a journey of self-discovery. She barely even knows Matt. Particularly since she's mentioned a lot in videos that she suffers from anxiety and depression. I just thought that somebody in her situation would want to figure things out first and work on themselves more, before getting into anything long-term that could possibly exacerbate their health?

Her videos are not engaging and she doesn't seem interesting as a person.

Doughnutdemon12
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Doughnutdemon12 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:36 pm

She's uploaded a new vidoe about her experience with ghost...I mean...what? I don't believe in stuff like that, I'm of the mind that if I can see it and I can touch it then it's real (mummy movie quote there) I mean each to thier own but why would Matt what someone like that around his 5 year old! Someone who believes in ghosts and thinks they follow her? Darcy would be terrified if she heard any of the stories that she told in this new video. She's a child and If Devon thinks ghosts are real poor Darcy will have nightmares. It's all so messed up!

Her last Instagram post! :rofl: Way too much make up and looks like a ghost herself! She looks scary! Have fun waking up that Matt! :rofl:

I also see Matt has attempted a cooking vidoe. My god these two are so desperate to build up a audience! It's sad. They make vidoes that are pointless and so badly done. They would not have half the views if it wasn't for Louise and they know that but will never admit it.

disney+cake
Learner
Learner

Post by disney+cake » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:30 am

What i find funny is that her twitter has less than 100 followers just goes to show how many people who follow her on instagram are just there for Darcy

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:22 am

She just looks dead inside.

Doughnutdemon12
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Doughnutdemon12 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:31 am

ifucsam wrote:She just looks dead inside.

Hahahaha So true! :rofl:

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Hahaha I just saw this comment on her instagram. Who was it?!

Doughnutdemon12
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Doughnutdemon12 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:09 am

Hahaha! That is amazing! :rofl:
I bet she's deleted it! So glad that someone has just told her that she is so boring and is SO cashing in on someone else's leftovers! If she wants to prove us all wrong then she should private her twitter and Instagram and STOP making terrible YouTube vidoes! She and Matt will never be goals. If anyone wanted to be like them, then thier idea of a relationship is messed up. No chemistry what so ever!

Doughnutdemon12
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Doughnutdemon12 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:14 am

I also think Matt is only staying with her because he wants to prove everyone wrong because of all the negative comments. She honestly is just a babysitter and till something better comes along. They never do anything really just the two of them. From reading Louise's blog and her vidoes, it's clear that she has handled everything so much better.

Return to “Devon Louise”