The Frey’s are adopting a baby😳

Billybob76
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Frey’s are adopting a baby😳

Post by Billybob76 »

I just clicked on their newest vlog from today. They are adopting a fricken baby. Mary can barely take care of herself beyond her CF treatment and they honestly think they can care for a helpless infant.

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Re: The Frey’s are adopting a baby😳

Post by ceasg1 »

I saw the insta post. They need to be very careful of the child exploitation stuff. I get that this is probably partially to help the channel, but I really hope they don't capitalize on the child

cassiiie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cassiiie »

they'll most definitely capitalize on the child. I already feel so sorry for the baby.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

Aw man, I was wondering if anyone was going to post about it. I feel like a jerk, but I couldn't help but cringe so hard. It's great that the meds have been working, but are they really ready for the responsibility that is raising a child? I mean... I do wish them all the best. So many babies, and children need homes. I just hope they get as prepared as possible.
.......meow.......

SWISSMISS
Informer
Informer

Post by SWISSMISS »

Literally asking for money, for their adoption project. No shame, always a money grab. They make me sick. If she is well enough for this, great.....but asking your followers on youtube to pay for it is so vulgar. She is so mentally unstable, she can't even be home by herself...how in the hell is this going to work? I hope they take their channel down and go do this in private so the baby can have some dignity. What happens when she has a migraine or wants to stand on her head in Lowes? More shit for peter to do, and the guy is already so exhausted. This is going to be a shit show.

Punkyb
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Punkyb »

I was shocked when I saw the video. The first thing I thought was “is this for real?” So I watched it and while I’m happy for them, I’m also stumped. How is this going to work? On social blade it doesn’t look like they make much on YT and Peter no longer works right? It’s been months since I have watched them but I’m assuming he doesn’t work? How will they afford this and also manage this with her illness?

I also couldn’t believe when I learned that they took out a PPD loan and now to see them fundraising to adopt by asking their viewers to donate? I’m disgusted. Their views don’t seem to be too high these days so part of me wonders if they decided to adopt to make money off the kid. If they don’t show their kid then much respect to them but I somehow highly doubt they won’t show the baby. They are headed down the family vlogger route of exploiting a child. 😞

Did any of you go see their fundraising page? They have already raised a big amount of money. There is also a sit down podcast style video on there that is unlisted on their YouTube channel. It’s an hour and a half but I recommend listening to it in the background or what not because they talk about how they reached this decision and it was very interesting and also somewhat telling.

Punkyb
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Punkyb »

They’re unlisted video is public now. It’s a long video but I recommend watching it. I’m dying to know what other people think of the things they said and about how they reached this decision to adopt.

SWISSMISS
Informer
Informer

Post by SWISSMISS »

There is no way I can watch an hour or more of their nonsense. What was their motivating factor for deciding to do this?

Punkyb
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Punkyb »

Apparently years ago they went through the process to be foster parents but then Mary’s health started to decline and as it got worse they decided kids weren’t in the cards for them.

But apparently 6 months ago Mary started to notice Peter having grief over it but Mary was surprised she was no longer grieving it. She apparently attended the birth of a friend’s baby and was able to hold the baby without crying and she felt at peace but on Father’s Day Peter was having a hard time grieving they won’t have a child.

Mary talked about how they started to talk about it and while it wasn’t super clear, it seems Peter was the one who brought up possibly adopting. Mary apparently says the logical side of her brain was saying no because she wasn’t sure she wants to bring a child into their life because they don’t know what will happen with her health. Apparently Mary is traumatized by seeing sister decline when she was in high school and didn’t want her child seeing Mary decline and suffer from it. But oh they prayed about it and realized no matter what family a child is in, they will eventually experience some type of pain and suffering in life as that’s just life. Then suddenly Mary started to have strong primal feelings about adopting and no matter how hard she tried to “close that door” she couldn’t and so they decided they were going to adopt and they will raise said child to know Jesus and know that they can come through any suffering with Jesus in their life. 🙄

They went on and on about how great with kids they were and how one day after they started to consider adoption, they were out with their friend’s kid and the kid was walking between them holding both their hands and they said to Mary “you’re a great Mommy!” And that was Mary’s “sign” that God is telling them it’s time for them to adopt. Or something to that effect. And they thank God for giving them peace of not having children for the past 10 years while they walked their journey.

Return to “Frey Life”