Frey Life - OMG Mary puked again (Part 3)

PixieWithFangs
Learner
Learner

Re: Frey Life - OMG Mary puked again (Part 3)

Post by PixieWithFangs »

VickyIsAwesome wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:28 pm
@PixieWithFangs i totally agree with what you are saying
I've grown up with two disabled parents; except my dad was disabled once I was much older. Disability is extremely hard to get in my state, and the constant scrutiny of disabled people for not 'preforming' their disability to the acceptability of the public grates on me sometimes. My dad is terrified if he carries in groceries someone will call and say he isn't disabled, for example. Some busybody put in a review on my moms benefits and felt really stupid when she died like a week later.

My concern with the Frey's adopting is, they seem like really sweet people, but they also seem very very attached to their religious beliefs, and I don't know what will happen if the child they adopt comes out on the LGBTQ+ spectrum for example. It's something I always have a concern with in the back of my mind when people adopt children and make it a part of their religious calling.

StrawberrySwirl
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by StrawberrySwirl »

Punkyb wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:37 am
GBaker wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:05 pm
Exactly, Mary is going to have a headache or is not feeling well and it will be POS Peter who will do all the late night or 3am feedings. Mary just wants a doll to play with and not be a parent...I can not believe that their pig pen of a house passed inspection, The S.W. did a poor job of investigating, all she/he had to do was look at past videos and see how unsafe the house is, with all the medical supplies and medication strewn on the floor, NOT A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR A CHILD!
I was wondering how they passed the inspection as well. Not only the house but also their finances. I can’t seem to figure out how they get by because according to social blade they don’t make much I see their views going down. Also the fact they are on YouTube. I really feel like vloggers shouldn’t be allowed to adopt until they won’t show the child on camera.
I agree with both of you guys! I have no idea how they passed inspection, and from what I understand, adoption can be expensive. I don't know how they'll fund the adoption since their only sources of income are the online store and Youtube videos, and I don't know how they'll handle being parents. Taking care of a child is a lot of work! Parents don't really get "days off", especially when their kids are young. Babies might be cute, but toddlers can be a handful. Are Peter and Mary ready for that and all that comes after????

VickyIsAwesome
Lurker
Lurker

Post by VickyIsAwesome »

@PixieWithFangs Awww i'm so sorry to hear about your mom!! Just because you have a disability doesn't always show on a person and i'm sure its frustating when someone says you look fine when you dont! I think Mary and Peter are sweet people i wonder if they will continue to do vlogs everyday? It's true that they are very attached to their beliefs and there's nothing wrong with that but i agree with what you say about what if the child comes out on the LGBTQ.

Punkyb
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Punkyb »

StrawberrySwirl wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:23 pm
Punkyb wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:37 am

I was wondering how they passed the inspection as well. Not only the house but also their finances. I can’t seem to figure out how they get by because according to social blade they don’t make much I see their views going down. Also the fact they are on YouTube. I really feel like vloggers shouldn’t be allowed to adopt until they won’t show the child on camera.
They are fundraising to try and raise $25,000 towards the adoption. When I looked yesterday it was already at $9000 raised and I’m sure it’s higher today. They are basically asking their viewers to pay for the adoption.

I agree with both of you guys! I have no idea how they passed inspection, and from what I understand, adoption can be expensive. I don't know how they'll fund the adoption since their only sources of income are the online store and Youtube videos, and I don't know how they'll handle being parents. Taking care of a child is a lot of work! Parents don't really get "days off", especially when their kids are young. Babies might be cute, but toddlers can be a handful. Are Peter and Mary ready for that and all that comes after????

Punkyb
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Punkyb »

Just checked their fundraiser and they have surpassed their fundraising goal of $25,000. They are currently at $26,428.83. In just 2 days! 😳

PixieWithFangs
Learner
Learner

Post by PixieWithFangs »

VickyIsAwesome wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:30 pm
@PixieWithFangs Awww i'm so sorry to hear about your mom!! Just because you have a disability doesn't always show on a person and i'm sure its frustating when someone says you look fine when you dont! I think Mary and Peter are sweet people i wonder if they will continue to do vlogs everyday? It's true that they are very attached to their beliefs and there's nothing wrong with that but i agree with what you say about what if the child comes out on the LGBTQ.
Thank you for the kind words ^_^

There are just A LOT of things about adoption that are difficult; don't happen the way you expect and can get messy. I hope they do get an infant, and that Mary's sister has been open about the realities of it. These kids; just like bio kids are actual people not YouTube props. I think adoption is a wonderful thing but it's an extremely nuanced situation that I'm not sure these two are ready for. I also feel like this might be a PR stunt to go down the family vlog route due to the trikafta making Mary feel better and thus they have less medical content.

VickyIsAwesome
Lurker
Lurker

Post by VickyIsAwesome »

@PixieWithFangs You're welcome. I do hope that Mary's sister has been telling her about reality of raising kids.Also i was thinking what happens if Mary's health starts to decline?? She can't make Peter do all the work and look after the child. I wonder if they will not show the kids face when they adopt it? I'm happy for them to adopt but when they vlog they say we are exhausted especially when they went on 3 trips. All i say is good luck to them

StrawberrySwirl
Lurker
Lurker

Is it wrong that I am glad the Frey Life has been losing Facebook followers? 🤣 I started checking the #s Feb 22, 2021 they had 124,505. Today (Aug 6) they have 123,517.

Also I didn't actually watch the vlog (just saw the thumbnail) and it looks like they're having their home study done next week. Or maybe this week, I am not sure. Wonder if they will pass the inspection?

Ali8
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Ali8 »

They’re already making money off this child before adoption process is even finalised! Tens of thousands of dollars(at Peters request) has me deeply concerned this baby is their next cash cow.
Their primary source of income is from a dwindling online presence, thereby they need to boost views as neither of them will get a ‘nine to five’ job.
Peter would know that a sure fire way to get in the dollars is to have a baby: Myka Stauffer anyone?
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it’s a duck. And this pair are quacking this kid all the way to the bank.

StrawberrySwirl
Lurker
Lurker

If they don't end up adopting, what happens to the >$25,000 they fundraised (in like 2 days)?! It's sickening how easily they were able to raise the funds. While I am all for adopting because there are so many children who need a home, I have doubts about the Freys as parents. They can't handle normal "adult" responsibilities, so how can they be entrusted with a baby? While this could be a turning point for them and a wake-up to adulting moment, I am not overly optimistic. I can see them exploiting the child for the sake of their vlog, and all they want the baby for is to increase viewership $$$. I hope I am wrong.

lucky181
Talker
Talker

Post by lucky181 »

Today's (Aug 6) video was filmed July 29. I can't bring myself to watch their adoption series videos every day. Mary's laughing and squealing is just so irritating. They sent the information for their profile book and he says they will probably be a waiting family by the end of August.

If I was picking a family for my child that I was putting up for adoption, I don't see how I could pick them knowing that my baby would be blasted all over social media.

I haven't known anyone who is adopting but Peter and Mary make it seem like it's so easy. If so, then why have people had to go out of the country to find a child? It will be interesting to see how long they have to wait to be chosen.

Punkyb
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Punkyb »

They are milking this adoption for all it’s worth! They have reached a whole new level and their views have really jumped up with all the videos. Unreal! And the title of their new video has me rolling my eyes. Trading the wheelchair for a stroller that cost almost $1000! Insane!

Zetaenu
Learner
Learner

Post by Zetaenu »

Punkyb wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:09 pm
Just checked their fundraiser and they have surpassed their fundraising goal of $25,000. They are currently at $26,428.83. In just 2 days! 😳
Insanity that they want to adopt a child and have there viewers help pay for it.

Punkyb
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Punkyb »

Zetaenu wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:45 pm
Punkyb wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:09 pm
Insanity that they want to adopt a child and have there viewers help pay for it.
Yep. First a $16,000 ppp loan they didn’t need now asking others to pay the adoption fees. Whole new low! They have now raised over $31,000

StrawberrySwirl
Lurker
Lurker

Apparently they sold their boat. I didn't watch the vlog, but a comment said selling it was for their adoption fund. I am major eyerolling because they looked so fake-sad on the video thumbnail. 🙄 The next vlog posted is about putting together their adoption book or something, and so many Facebook commenters say they would choose Peter and Mary as parents in a heartbeat. Umm...have we been watching the same vlogs?! Lol

lucky181
Talker
Talker

Post by lucky181 »

I watched the boat video. Apparently used boats are selling like hotcakes because they had many people interested. They seemed to use the boat a lot more in MA. He said they could make a quick decision and be in the water watching the sunset in 30 min in MA, They rarely showed any videos using it in NC so it made sense to sell it. Of course they aren't going to admit they could use the money.

I can't wait for the Frey Life onesies, bibs etc. :roll:

Punkyb
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Punkyb »

So apparently someone on the Facebook page for the dad challenge podcast says Mary and Peter has said they won’t be showing their adopted baby on their YouTube channel. I haven’t watched a the videos. I only got through the 1.5 hr one and even zoned out on that a few times. Has anyone heard them say this in any of their videos? I will give them credit if they don’t show the baby at all. That would be huge but I have a hard time believing it when they have to be seeing the money rolling in since they announced adopting.

PixieWithFangs
Learner
Learner

Post by PixieWithFangs »

Punkyb wrote:So apparently someone on the Facebook page for the dad challenge podcast says Mary and Peter has said they won’t be showing their adopted baby on their YouTube channel. I haven’t watched a the videos. I only got through the 1.5 hr one and even zoned out on that a few times. Has anyone heard them say this in any of their videos? I will give them credit if they don’t show the baby at all. That would be huge but I have a hard time believing it when they have to be seeing the money rolling in since they announced adopting.
I can't see that happening with all the hype they've been generating plus this is their job. I'd be impressed if they did it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sent from my SM-T517P using Tapatalk

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

If its similar to her sisters adoption, there's a certain period where they cannot show the child online for privacy reasons. It won't stop them from sharing everything about the kid though which I can see a storytime theme coming with what the kid does or do a Tom Daley type way of showing the kid so they're a bit more anon

lucky181
Talker
Talker

Post by lucky181 »

I guess they could film a lot in the car since the car seat will be rear facing for quite awhile. I'm sure they'll make all baby food from scratch for content so Mary in the kitchen smashing bananas, boiling sweet potatoes, mixing formula. The possibilities are endless....

I hope that everything turns out well but a big question...would they ever give up the vlog if it gets too hard to maintain privacy while making content that a lot of people want to watch?

Return to “Frey Life”