Frey Life- Did you know that Mary has CF? Part 2

lucky181
Talker
Talker

Re: Frey Life- Did you know that Mary has CF? Part 2

Post by lucky181 »

So we find out that they started looking for houses the first day of the transplant evaluation. I have a feeling this evaluation wasn't as shocking as they let on. How can they make the decision to actually buy a house on such short notice?

I agree that a rental would make more sense but maybe they need the excitement of buying their first house as a distraction from the major changes that are coming. I certainly hope that things are going to work out for her in NC. They really don't have any family ties to MA so a permanent move to NC would probably makes sense. Once she establishes a connection to a new CF team, she probably wouldn't go back to the old one in Boston.

People keep asking on youtube if Peter will be preaching at a new church. I think it's pretty obvious that he wouldn't be able to find a position that would allow him to be a full time caregiver for Mary. I think they said that she would need 2 full time caregivers after the transplant.

JEEv
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JEEv »

lucky181 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:42 pm
So we find out that they started looking for houses the first day of the transplant evaluation. I have a feeling this evaluation wasn't as shocking as they let on. How can they make the decision to actually buy a house on such short notice?
lucky181 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:42 pm

People keep asking on youtube if Peter will be preaching at a new church. I think it's pretty obvious that he wouldn't be able to find a position that would allow him to be a full time caregiver for Mary. I think they said that she would need 2 full time caregivers after the transplant.
]

I wonder if Mary's mother will move to NC to be the other full time caregiver? I suppose they could "employ" someone else to fulfill the role perhaps (I wouldn't care for the role of being Mary's paid skvvy!). Certainly does;t sound as if Peter has any plans to work.

FlappyBord
Stalker
Stalker

Post by FlappyBord »

Long time lurker but I had to make an account because I stayed in that tiny house last year when I interviewed at Duke for grad school (ended up going somewhere else).
It was so crazy to see him there. Here’s he link if anyone is curious. It’s a super cute spot!
https://abnb.me/qmnhyxKuxX

lucky181
Talker
Talker

Post by lucky181 »

So they've had an offer accepted on a house. I wonder if they will thank the viewers and merch buyers for allowing this to happen. Unless they've inherited a lot of money or been given a gift, they'll probably have a mortgage. Actually, if they haven't been paying rent for several years, they've probably been able to save a lot of money and the homes in Durham seem pretty reasonable.....but, again, due to income from YT views and merch.

Disabledgirl7
Learner
Learner

Post by Disabledgirl7 »

If they did save for a home, how does she still qualify for Medicaid? I'm on Medicaid, and have to submit paperwork to prove I dont make over a certain income. Between savings, Peter's pastor income, all the things they sponser and their vlog money, how on earth do they get around that income rule?

Seraphinianus
Talker
Talker

Post by Seraphinianus »

By not declaring the income from YouTube and merch probably. If I lived in the USA I'd totally get onto the authorities about it.

They could have also scattered their money around, given it to relatives who then returned it to them as a 'loan'.

lucky181
Talker
Talker

Post by lucky181 »

Disabledgirl7 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:15 pm
If they did save for a home, how does she still qualify for Medicaid? I'm on Medicaid, and have to submit paperwork to prove I dont make over a certain income. Between savings, Peter's pastor income, all the things they sponser and their vlog money, how on earth do they get around that income rule?
In today's vlog, Mary mentioned having to figure out insurance for the move. I think Medicaid is a state program so, if she's on Medicaid, moving to a different state would mean having to qualify in NC. Maybe just having cystic fibrosis qualifies her as a disability and it doesn't matter about income.

The youtube income is reported to the IRS so they have to pay taxes on it. I have no idea about the store.

MtgSM
Learner
Learner

Post by MtgSM »

Vet_Girl1025 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:36 pm
Hayley11188 wrote:From what I understand she has Medicaid, which is paid for by tax payers, also he lives in the house owned by the church, so they don't pay rent or property tax, but normally with that comes a lower income (some churches the donation basket is what the pastor gets), so I'm not sure how much he brings in. I'd say youtube and merch are their biggest income, and they've probably saved well. I would guess too that she collects disability and that's why he only works part time, some places won't let you collect if you're married and your spouse makes a certain amount of income.
That's how it is with me, I get Medicare and State Medicaid. My fiance and I can't get married unless I lose my benefits. Which is completely fair. But he doesn't make enough to even begin to cover my prescriptions and mountain high medications and hospital stays. So we don't get married and I was also recently told I can't work because I'll lose my benefits. I lost my job in March and was offered another vet tech position but I'm glad I reached out to the correct person who advised me that even if I wanted to work. It can't be more than 15 hours. Who in the hell is going to hire someone who can only work 20 hours A WEEK!? Needless to say, I cried all last night because of this news. I can't sit at home all day and do nothing. It drives me nuts!

I'm fairly sure her MediCARE comes from SSI, not SSDI - she doesn't have enough work hx to have paid into SSDI. Her marriage won't change her income or coverage from either. Her marriage and owning their home will absolutely change her MediCAID benefits, regardless of what State they reside. AND, whatever Medicaid she has in MA is irrelevant in another State - she'll have to apply all over again, and benefits differ. If her MediCARE IS through SSDI, she can get a different secondary, or a Medicare HMO that DUKE takes (and there are some). VetGirl, what State are you in? I only ask because I was in your situation for years, and finally got married a week ago (yay!) - I lose no SSDI benefits, but had to change my Medicare insurance choices, and, luckily, will be covered at no extra costs for meds, treatment, etc. It DOES suck to lose MediCAID (MediCAL for me, I'm in CA) because they picked up Medicare Disability pymt and almost all my meds. It took forever to find a reasonable replacement, and the fact we are moving out of State. I don't know about Texas, but in Cali I am allowed to work only 10 hours a week. That's really the worst, not being able to work. I cry about it, too, still. I hope you guys find a solution, too, because having to suck things up, sucks. Mary, clearly, needs to learn to suck it up.

lucky181
Talker
Talker

Post by lucky181 »

I don't think she qualifies for SSDI either. From what she says, she was a nanny for a short time and wouldn't have earned enough credits for SSDI. From reading about SSI, I think some of Peter's income can reduce her benefit. There seems to be some kind of formula used for spouse's income for SSI but I'm just reading that on the internet....I have no actual knowledge.

If they want to have Mary's income be as little as possible, probably the YT channel and store are in Peter's name or maybe a foundation/business.

I wonder if the NC hospitals will allow Ollie and Peter to stay with Mary if she is hospitalized. I imagine Boston's Children's Hosp it used to having parents stay. Maybe it would be discrimination or something to not allow a service dog to stay with the patient....but I think they're very used to a children's hospital so it'll be interesting to see how things are run at Duke.

Disabledgirl7
Learner
Learner

Post by Disabledgirl7 »

:tu: I am on disability, and was forced to get divorced in order to qualify for Medicaid, because I couldn't afford the surgeries I needed otherwise. If you are married, your husband's income is counted with yours. It's really tough to survive on a disability income. I can barely afford groceries, which is why it puzzles me how Peter and Mary are able to eat out so often, buy new stuff and clothes often, bought and maintain a boat, buy so many plants, horseback riding lessons, go on trips, etc...

Vet_Girl1025
Debater
Debater

Post by Vet_Girl1025 »

Disabledgirl7 wrote::tu: I am on disability, and was forced to get divorced in order to qualify for Medicaid, because I couldn't afford the surgeries I needed otherwise. If you are married, your husband's income is counted with yours. It's really tough to survive on a disability income. I can barely afford groceries, which is why it puzzles me how Peter and Mary are able to eat out so often, buy new stuff and clothes often, bought and maintain a boat, buy so many plants, horseback riding lessons, go on trips, etc...
You and I are in the same boat. My fiance and I won't get married because of that. Plus restricting a normal healthy person that wants/can work over 20 hours just so we can afford MY health care is not something I can demand. It's a death sentence for a marriage and could cause more harm than good. We love each other but telling him he can't work over a certain amount just so SS doesn't catch on isn't good. If I can't work then we are virtually screwed because like you said, living off disability income isn't a way of life.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

pisserpops
Learner
Learner

Post by pisserpops »

I think they are very savvy when it comes to making money. Subscribers (subs) are led to believe that Peter has to be her caregiver and cannot work full time. Thus they found a way to make money (a very good amount of money) by getting more and more subs to subscribe and to buy lots of 'merch'. Mary is quite able to function at home without Peter to wipe up after her. The more he does for her and more he can do. She will not fend for herself. It's a choice she has made and everyone around her has allowed it to happen.
Also, it appears that a date was given for the house closing. I wonder if they are paying cash for it. If they are getting a mortgage I have two observations: 1. They got approved for a mortgage very, very quickly and 2. To qualify for a lets say $200,000 mortgage you have to have an income at the 'middle income' level. I guess it all fits together with the spending money on lots of electronics, eating out all the time, trips several times a year, owning a boat, etc.

Seraphinianus
Talker
Talker

Post by Seraphinianus »

pisserpops wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:38 pm
I think they are very savvy when it comes to making money. Subscribers (subs) are led to believe that Peter has to be her caregiver and cannot work full time. Thus they found a way to make money (a very good amount of money) by getting more and more subs to subscribe and to buy lots of 'merch'. Mary is quite able to function at home without Peter to wipe up after her. The more he does for her and more he can do. She will not fend for herself. It's a choice she has made and everyone around her has allowed it to happen.
Also, it appears that a date was given for the house closing. I wonder if they are paying cash for it. If they are getting a mortgage I have two observations: 1. They got approved for a mortgage very, very quickly and 2. To qualify for a lets say $200,000 mortgage you have to have an income at the 'middle income' level. I guess it all fits together with the spending money on lots of electronics, eating out all the time, trips several times a year, owning a boat, etc.
Exactly. I've said this all along as well. They have been leading people to believe that by buying the merch they're paying Mary's medical bills as well, so people are spending a LOT of money. I remember back to one video they were packing things up, and there was at least $500 worth of merch we could actually see. But there is a fair bit of stuff that goes directly from the manufacturer.

I think it's likely they paid cash for the house, but if questioned would probably make out that family members had given them loans .etc

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all untaxed undeclared income, and cash in hand, so they are able to splash it about. I also think there is a facade of living poorly and penny pinching they put out whereas in reality it's very different, they seem to live quite a good lifestyle while laughing at the public who gave them the money and made it possible. The drama, victim and fake crying really seems to get the gullible on board and feeding them money like it's nothing. I think it's what they DON'T tell their audience that would be quite telling, it seems to be half truths and leaving out the crucial bits with them. If you're going to share your life with the public via the internet then at least tell a story that makes sense.

Seraphinianus
Talker
Talker

Post by Seraphinianus »

What REALLY bothers me and makes me angry is how gullible people are with these two con merchants, and how shameless THEY are in taking money from their fans, money that the people giving them worked hard for, or it's been a disabled person on a low income giving what little they have to someone they perceive worse off than they are. It's the smirks from the pair of them, the stories, the faux emotions, the mountains out of molehills, AND the fact they feed people snippets on their videos and choose which information they put forward and then attempt to justify it in such a narcissistic manner, and the gullible sheep just nod and clap and go along with it. I wonder how much of what they pick and choose for a video is actually true, or a distorted version of the truth, which they obviously can't back up so they say 'we don't tell people everything' But then I do wonder if the type of people who DO support them and lap it up are drama junkies themselves? I know most of us here watched them and were taken in by them and then saw things for what they were, so there is hope for us and others, but there seems to be the hardcore sheep who stick up for them, argue with people and come out supporting them and licking their boots.

I'm quite interested now in watching videos again to see what they do to their new house and how much new stuff is bought for it, especially given the fact that both Peter and Mary struggle so much to pay Mary's medical bills, they have to eat free food from food box companies, they have no money and have to shop at Dollar Tree and Primark....

Spicy_dreams
Talker
Talker

Post by Spicy_dreams »

"shocking medication delivery" Peter is going back into the house to grab a zofran for Mary.. decides to change his shirt but instead of putting the new shirt on before going back out, he runs outside shirtless and then goes back in to put on his shirt. So ridiculous! How much you wanna bet he was just doing it to appear ~so random and funny~ for the vlog. But it just looked so dumb.

And on the "we'll miss this when we move" vlog they had the MOST awkward kiss. When Peter got home. I feel like every kiss they film is incredibly awkward but seriously this one was extra hard to watch.

lucky181
Talker
Talker

Post by lucky181 »

Spicy_dreams wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:35 pm
"shocking medication delivery" Peter is going back into the house to grab a zofran for Mary.. decides to change his shirt but instead of putting the new shirt on before going back out, he runs outside shirtless and then goes back in to put on his shirt. So ridiculous! How much you wanna bet he was just doing it to appear ~so random and funny~ for the vlog. But it just looked so dumb.

And on the "we'll miss this when we move" vlog they had the MOST awkward kiss. When Peter got home. I feel like every kiss they film is incredibly awkward but seriously this one was extra hard to watch.
When I got to the end of the medication delivery video, I thought I must have missed the delivery, expecting it to be from the pharmacy. Then I realized she meant Peter giving her the zofran. That was silly.

At least they are caught up with the videos. Today's was yesterday's hail storm.

SWISSMISS
Informer
Informer

Post by SWISSMISS »

What is so shocking about a hail storm that a thirty-year-old woman needs to sit on the dirty floor shrieking as though she's just gotten the Golden Buzzer or something? Imagine ANY thirty-year-old in your life doing that. Bizarre.

Melissa26
Learner
Learner

Post by Melissa26 »

I wonder how they will decorate and furnish their new home? Will they use a tiny, children's table for eating at? Will they put their dining room table upstairs and never use it? Will they use 3 different bedrooms and shuffle from one to the next? Will they still constantly sit on the floor - for grocery hauls or eating or folding clothes?

lucky181
Talker
Talker

Post by lucky181 »

So now we know that Peter will not be getting an actual pastor's job but will be expanding his preaching youtube channel.....how surprising....not...plus writing, speaking and guest preaching. YT is an easy way to make money so why not grow his channel. At least they did say the YT and online store are allowing him to not have an actual paying job. They really should be thanking people for allowing them to buy a house....which should close in several weeks. No house previews until they've closed.

I thought there would be some mention of Mary preparing for the transplant but no. It's all about the "season" of their life and Peter spreading his message. I wouldn't be surprised if they will be writing a book about God, disease and whatever.

Apparently people have asked if they have a new home registry (did anyone watch chronically Jaquie? She had an amazon list for the new house because subscribers insisted on it. Sadly she died before moving) but they don't. They did say that buying merch will be the way to help them. I imagine orders will jump because their subscribers will want to feel a connection to the move.

pisserpops
Learner
Learner

Post by pisserpops »

Well everyone get ready for this new 'season' as they begin this latest 'journey'. We'll see hyped up - not so subtle - plugs for the never-ending Frey merch until we puke!
I don't know why subs feel like the Freys need gifts for their new house, they probably have more money than most of us. Plus little Miss Mary is so damn picky, well so is Peter now that I think about it. When they want something they go out and buy it. Just think about that. How many vaca's have they taken in the last couple of years. A lot!! Look how fast this house purchase was done. Really fast. Money wasn't an issue at all.
We're getting the reall skinny on just how their financial situation is. The decisions they have made are very telling. They are putting all bets on their ability to increase the volume of subs and sell, sell, sell that merch. How many damn 'We Love the Freys" pieces of clothing do they think people want?
If something happened to Peter and he was out of commission what in the world would she do. How is Peter going to take care of everything when they move. Their house is constantly a total mess. It's straightened up for at best one day and then it's a mess for weeks.

Return to “Frey Life”