Frey Life- Did you know that Mary has CF? Part 2

ktwrecks
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Frey Life- Did you know that Mary has CF? Part 2

Post by ktwrecks »

I wonder how "romantic" they ever are, with her throwing up in bed and working to maintain an undernourished and sexless body. Peter sure stuck marriage gold here....

Melissa26
Learner
Learner

Post by Melissa26 »

Why do you tubers think we want to watch/listen to them while they are singing and driving? Also, the eating while filming is annoying.

Seraphinianus
Talker
Talker

Post by Seraphinianus »

ktwrecks wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:23 pm
I wonder how "romantic" they ever are, with her throwing up in bed and working to maintain an undernourished and sexless body. Peter sure stuck marriage gold here....
He's just as bad as she is, they're both riding the meal-ticket-fleecing-people-out-of-money-sell-their-motivational-quote-tat-on-the-pretence-of-paying-Mary's-medical-bills-train.

THAT'S the marriage gold for him. If they aren't declaring their income and paying tax it's a massive ker-ching!

so cringey
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by so cringey »

Approaching page 40 so I had an idea for the new thread name Frey Life - "In the midst" of Mary's CF, if there was a drinking game for how many times they've said that cringe worthy phrase....

Also anyone notice she's having more headaches during her lung function decline? Why is she so quick to blame it on her sinuses? She was borderline with her pulse ox while doing the sleep test so it makes sense that she keeps having headaches in the morning from lack of oxygen.

I also can't help but chuckle when I see her downing cans of Dr. Pepper and then an hour later is struggling to keep her blood sugar up, does she even know how the pancreas works? Ugh! Keep eating those oreos girl.

Hayley11188
Debater
Debater

Post by Hayley11188 »

Well they are moving to be closer to Duke now, still hoping/waiting on the new medication, but moving close for "treatment", why can't they just admit she's on the list? She said they told her "you've been accepted for FUTURE transplant with Duke" and they want to follow and treat her until she's ready for the transplant.... they are moving now when it's easier than waiting until her health is too bad to easily move.

lucky181
Talker
Talker

Post by lucky181 »

I believe them when she says she isn't on the list now. She already has follow up appts at Duke and I would think that she's going to be monitored carefully to make sure she still qualifies for the transplant which makes sense to live nearby and not have to travel for appts.

They are lucky in that Peter doesn't have a job that he's tied down to. The youtube and online store money must be enough to support them. They mentioned finding a church to attend but nothing about Peter finding a new pastor's job. I wonder if she's on Social Sec disability. Do most people think the govt is paying for her medical insurance? I don't know how that works.

He also put a bid on a house (not accepted) so they must have enough money to qualify for a mortgage.

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

They also probably haven't had to pay rent for a few years which could of saved them a lot of money. North Carolina I believe is cheaper than MA so they will have a much lower cost of living so they can probably easily work off of one income. I think Peter plans to become Mary's full time caretaker just based off of the vibes they gave in the video.

I also don't think she's on the list. She seems to be grasping to the idea that it could be years before she is listed. They also have the pre transplant boot camp I believe and it would be easier to live there because it is probably going to be a long haul.

It wouldn't surprise me because they talk about having primary and secondary insurance for Mary and they were on different plans.

lucky181
Talker
Talker

Post by lucky181 »

I'm pretty sure Mary qualifies for Social Security benefits due to her IV antibiotics several times a year....at least from what I read. Also transplant patients get SSDI for 3 yrs after the transplant.

I've been watching them for about 2 yrs so I went back to July 2016 to watch videos where they discuss the fact that Peter searched for a job for over a year! He finally got his current job Aug 2016.....it's only part time so that he can care for Mary. (no wonder he's always at home) Also they had decided years before 2016 that Mary was too sick to work.

They said that youtube income allowed them to have that much time unemployed while he job searched. They only had about 75,000 subscribers then. I guess youtube is now allowing him to not work at all since he's leaving a part time job.

While he was looking for the job, they lived for 1 1/2 yrs with a family since God directed the family to let them live there. It was probably rent free. Then they moved into the home they are in now. ( I wonder if the church owns it or a church member who is allowing them to live rent free)

devilishtenshi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by devilishtenshi »

I also believe she isn’t on the list yet but I DO suspect she may be on it before the end of the year (which was what I thought during the evaluation as well). It makes sense to move down now if they know it’s coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vet_Girl1025
Debater
Debater

Post by Vet_Girl1025 »

If any one is wondering just how quick she may be listed. Check out their Instagram post.they are moving!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hayley11188
Debater
Debater

Post by Hayley11188 »

From what I understand she has Medicaid, which is paid for by tax payers, also he lives in the house owned by the church, so they don't pay rent or property tax, but normally with that comes a lower income (some churches the donation basket is what the pastor gets), so I'm not sure how much he brings in. I'd say youtube and merch are their biggest income, and they've probably saved well. I would guess too that she collects disability and that's why he only works part time, some places won't let you collect if you're married and your spouse makes a certain amount of income.

Vet_Girl1025
Debater
Debater

Post by Vet_Girl1025 »

Hayley11188 wrote:From what I understand she has Medicaid, which is paid for by tax payers, also he lives in the house owned by the church, so they don't pay rent or property tax, but normally with that comes a lower income (some churches the donation basket is what the pastor gets), so I'm not sure how much he brings in. I'd say youtube and merch are their biggest income, and they've probably saved well. I would guess too that she collects disability and that's why he only works part time, some places won't let you collect if you're married and your spouse makes a certain amount of income.
That's how it is with me, I get Medicare and State Medicaid. My fiance and I can't get married unless I lose my benefits. Which is completely fair. But he doesn't make enough to even begin to cover my prescriptions and mountain high medications and hospital stays. So we don't get married and I was also recently told I can't work because I'll lose my benefits. I lost my job in March and was offered another vet tech position but I'm glad I reached out to the correct person who advised me that even if I wanted to work. It can't be more than 15 hours. Who in the hell is going to hire someone who can only work 20 hours A WEEK!? Needless to say, I cried all last night because of this news. I can't sit at home all day and do nothing. It drives me nuts!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

SWISSMISS
Informer
Informer

Post by SWISSMISS »

Seems a bit strange to purchase a home near Duke, they have no other affiliation to that part of the country that they have shown. Seems like a rental would be prudent. I get that a home investment is almost always a good thing....just odd.

Teauhvana
Informer
Informer

Post by Teauhvana »

SWISSMISS wrote:Seems a bit strange to purchase a home near Duke, they have no other affiliation to that part of the country that they have shown. Seems like a rental would be prudent. I get that a home investment is almost always a good thing....just odd.
I agree. Even get a rental while you get to know the area, then buy.

Hayley11188
Debater
Debater

Post by Hayley11188 »

Wow it's crazy to say this, but she's actually not as thin as she used to be. I got an old video from May 2017 in my recommended and she looked just plain emaciated. She must be prepping for the transplant and finally trying to eat

lucky181
Talker
Talker

Post by lucky181 »

So we find out that they started looking for houses the first day of the transplant evaluation. I have a feeling this evaluation wasn't as shocking as they let on. How can they make the decision to actually buy a house on such short notice?

I agree that a rental would make more sense but maybe they need the excitement of buying their first house as a distraction from the major changes that are coming. I certainly hope that things are going to work out for her in NC. They really don't have any family ties to MA so a permanent move to NC would probably makes sense. Once she establishes a connection to a new CF team, she probably wouldn't go back to the old one in Boston.

People keep asking on youtube if Peter will be preaching at a new church. I think it's pretty obvious that he wouldn't be able to find a position that would allow him to be a full time caregiver for Mary. I think they said that she would need 2 full time caregivers after the transplant.

JEEv
Learner
Learner

Post by JEEv »

lucky181 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:42 pm
So we find out that they started looking for houses the first day of the transplant evaluation. I have a feeling this evaluation wasn't as shocking as they let on. How can they make the decision to actually buy a house on such short notice?
lucky181 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:42 pm

People keep asking on youtube if Peter will be preaching at a new church. I think it's pretty obvious that he wouldn't be able to find a position that would allow him to be a full time caregiver for Mary. I think they said that she would need 2 full time caregivers after the transplant.
]

I wonder if Mary's mother will move to NC to be the other full time caregiver? I suppose they could "employ" someone else to fulfill the role perhaps (I wouldn't care for the role of being Mary's paid skvvy!). Certainly does;t sound as if Peter has any plans to work.

FlappyBord
Stalker
Stalker

Post by FlappyBord »

Long time lurker but I had to make an account because I stayed in that tiny house last year when I interviewed at Duke for grad school (ended up going somewhere else).
It was so crazy to see him there. Here’s he link if anyone is curious. It’s a super cute spot!
https://abnb.me/qmnhyxKuxX

lucky181
Talker
Talker

Post by lucky181 »

So they've had an offer accepted on a house. I wonder if they will thank the viewers and merch buyers for allowing this to happen. Unless they've inherited a lot of money or been given a gift, they'll probably have a mortgage. Actually, if they haven't been paying rent for several years, they've probably been able to save a lot of money and the homes in Durham seem pretty reasonable.....but, again, due to income from YT views and merch.

Disabledgirl7
Learner
Learner

Post by Disabledgirl7 »

If they did save for a home, how does she still qualify for Medicaid? I'm on Medicaid, and have to submit paperwork to prove I dont make over a certain income. Between savings, Peter's pastor income, all the things they sponser and their vlog money, how on earth do they get around that income rule?

Return to “Frey Life”