Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 46)

Post by BrewingAyahuasca »

Teacup30 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:49 am
Don't know if anyone here has watched Taylor Swifts doco on netflix, its really good btw. I thought it was very insightful on what its really like to be that famous. I know youtube famous is different again but I think its still relevant. Some notable bits, Taylor says that people say when you become famous, you often get frozen at that age. So I guess David isn't so uncommon there. She also talks about how seeing photos of yourself and commentary constantly can really affect you in a bad way. Its enough to make me think anyone who is moderately famous needs a good therapist as standard. Its not a normal life and the negativity and hate people can get can really mess with them. Shes also in casual conversation in one part with Brendon Urie, and the way they talk about crazy stalker fans. They are so casual about it and just conclude 'yep, time to move'. Maybe David shouldn't put roots down too deeply anywhere. As much as it sucks, I think its just part and parcel of the job. Its not cool, but there also isn't a lot you can do about it.

I think most famous people tend to go one of two ways. They get famous, they get lost in it for a while, some become assholes and stay that way but others show a lot of growth and become truly amazing people with a lot to offer the world. It just takes some time to get there. I'm hoping in time David will be the latter.
Honestly, that frozen in age thing is so true. Now that I think about it, so many YouTubers and pop stars have been that way in plain sight. Kudos to Taylor for going through this much and still keep her sanity intact. I feel like Youtubers do need to take a break, not just from Youtube but from all the social media itself and still back and analyze their life; see a therapist if needed and look at the bigger picture in the long run.

unodon
Talker
Talker

Post by unodon »

^^ Unfiltered is going to outgrow David over time. Matt, Heath, Zane & Mariah are a good team together with direction. Liza pretty much skyrocketed her profile the moment she distanced herself from the squad. And the unfiltered team has more potential to live beyond youtube.

That is unless David successfully crosses over network telivision, he is after all this generation's Jay Leno / Jimmy Fallon.

GoingDownWinkyFace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GoingDownWinkyFace »

Teacup30 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:49 am
Don't know if anyone here has watched Taylor Swifts doco on netflix, its really good btw. I thought it was very insightful on what its really like to be that famous. I know youtube famous is different again but I think its still relevant. Some notable bits, Taylor says that people say when you become famous, you often get frozen at that age. So I guess David isn't so uncommon there. She also talks about how seeing photos of yourself and commentary constantly can really affect you in a bad way. Its enough to make me think anyone who is moderately famous needs a good therapist as standard. Its not a normal life and the negativity and hate people can get can really mess with them. Shes also in casual conversation in one part with Brendon Urie, and the way they talk about crazy stalker fans. They are so casual about it and just conclude 'yep, time to move'. Maybe David shouldn't put roots down too deeply anywhere. As much as it sucks, I think its just part and parcel of the job. Its not cool, but there also isn't a lot you can do about it.

I think most famous people tend to go one of two ways. They get famous, they get lost in it for a while, some become assholes and stay that way but others show a lot of growth and become truly amazing people with a lot to offer the world. It just takes some time to get there. I'm hoping in time David will be the latter.
Yeah, I really believe the stunted part and think fame has a lot of unhealthy aspects that a therapist could help with. The thing with these social media stars is that I think they’re more on the outside of the entertainment industry than traditional celebrities. The managers and agents don’t have the same amount of information to draw on, they struggle to integrate into the mainstream and they don’t have a bunch of older famous versions kicking around to give advice. The few who have sustained a high level of success are still relatively young and are only about a decade in. They’re arguably more isolated and therefor vulnerable than traditional celebrities, and I imagine they feel more dependent on keeping fans happy and connected. It’s a bad combination of things.

The house situation was inevitable and needs to be resolved. I’m sure people have told him at this point but I suppose it needed to happen when he first moved in. I think he could set down roots in the right house, but it’s going to be in a gated community where people can’t walk up to it.

As is, David is the famous person who has a breakdown and leaves the spotlight. I think he’s done before 30 at this rate, and he probably doesn’t get that close to it.

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

unodon wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:28 am
^^ Unfiltered is going to outgrow David over time. Matt, Heath, Zane & Mariah are a good team together with direction. Liza pretty much skyrocketed her profile the moment she distanced herself from the squad. And the unfiltered team has more potential to live beyond youtube.

That is unless David successfully crosses over network telivision, he is after all this generation's Jay Leno / Jimmy Fallon.
Im sorry but the stories that gain the most views on that podcast are all VS related. What are they gonna do when no one is left in the Squad. They depend on Davids success not to the point that they couldnt do it on their own but they will never reach the peak that David is at.

They are on episode 14 or what? Yeah this stuff is gonna go stale sooner or later as well. There are only so many drunk stories they can tell.
Put your gun down or your daughter gets it

- David Dobrik 2020

https://cureouscat.me/Paschdav

You have the questions. I have the answers

FilofaxK
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FilofaxK »

What do we think to the rumours Scott and Kristen have broken up?
Sentiment is a chemical defect found on the losing side.

https://curiouscat.me/filofaxkfromgg

Kittenqueefs
Learner
Learner

Post by Kittenqueefs »

the_tiktak_channel wrote:I don't think he wants to talk about DACA and he seems to actually care about the other DACA kids in his situation, he just doesn't want to be the spokesperson for it, which I get it's not his thing to talk about or involve himself in politics, but is it because he thinks his ignorance will make him sound bad or is he scared of being made an example for speaking up too much.
I’ve wondered the same, but if that is the case, I wonder why he doesn’t just take the time to educate himself on the topic so that he can be confident when speaking about it. I understand not diving fully into politics, but I don’t understand why people with such a huge platform that could really make a difference in the future of DACA, why not learn and spread what you’ve learned at least?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

FilofaxK wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:22 am
time to party

- David Dobrik 2020

muppjay
Debater
Debater

Post by muppjay »

Paschdav wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:34 am
FilofaxK wrote:
time to party

Oooh, do tell!
Where did you read about it?

FilofaxK
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FilofaxK »

muppjay wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:37 am
Paschdav wrote:
FilofaxK wrote:
time to party

Oooh, do tell!
I could be off, so please guys tell me your thoughts. 5 days ago Scott tweeted 'Today is a very sad day'. Now if you go to Kristen's twitter likes they are a bit shady and talk about breaking up. Its also quite rare for Scott to go out of town 'with the boys'.

GoingDownWinkyFace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GoingDownWinkyFace »

FilofaxK wrote:
I’d be surprised but also not surprised. They seemed to have some real problems like his drinking, she can’t keep bad reactions to herself and not being on the same page regarding kids. Plus the financial stress after his tour. They seemed pretty ride or die in spite of that. If they have broken up, they need to keep an eye on Scott.

If Scott being around the VS more is the reason for the rumours, I think that’s just him being desperate to solve his main source of income dying.

philodendron
Debater
Debater

Post by philodendron »

did todd really take lele pons virginity or was that a joke? lol. i can't tell w jeff

Post by Guest »

FilofaxK wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:40 am
muppjay wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:37 am
Paschdav wrote:
FilofaxK wrote:
time to party

Oooh, do tell!
I could be off, so please guys tell me your thoughts. 5 days ago Scott tweeted 'Today is a very sad day'. Now if you go to Kristen's twitter likes they are a bit shady and talk about breaking up. Its also quite rare for Scott to go out of town 'with the boys'.
I think Scott was tweeting abojt kobe Bryant, that was the day he died

lilaclove19
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lilaclove19 »

unodon wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:28 am

Did she though? lol

Sure, unfiltered has better production than Views and they’re putting their all into it as of now, but there are a lot of people (including myself) that find David far more interesting even when he has nothing going on. He’s behind the camera 70% of the time on his own channel yet his star outshined them all lol. And he didn’t have to pickup a bottle of booze to do it.

It’s too early to tell if he’s going to make the jump to television. He was smart to switch up his schedule and shake things up a bit. In regards to being a talk show host, I think he’s going to change his mind in like, 2 years. He is after all 23. ;)

FilofaxK
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FilofaxK »

I think Zane should carry on the escape room series. Its an idea and those videos were great, you have plenty of friends to choose from.

asuscorsair
Learner
Learner

Post by asuscorsair »

FilofaxK wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:08 am
I think Zane should carry on the escape room series. Its an idea and those videos were great, you have plenty of friends to choose from.
You think?! To me it seems Zane is less motivated then ever, especially now that his podcast is making a lot of money.

FilofaxK
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FilofaxK »

asuscorsair wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:13 am
FilofaxK wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:08 am
You think?! To me it seems Zane is less motivated then ever, especially now that his podcast is making a lot of money.
Oh I think he has no motivation. But if he claims he wants to post more videos and has no ideas, then this is one.

davids-tesla
Talker
Talker

Post by davids-tesla »

Are any of these guys on David's payroll?
Jason and Corrina are doing well for themselves, Natalie's the assistant getting paid and living with him, Erin's fiance makes decent money apparently, Suzy does Uber, Matt King has a side job and possibly family money I've heard. Jonah lives with his parents so that takes care of rent at least.

I know he would pay Dom's rent and Zane is/was borrowing money, but what about everyone elses? Like how are they affording LA?

Heath had to ask David for money for Mariah but he drives a Lambo, which I know was gifted but probably has crazy insurance,
Carly drives the Tesla David gave her and lives in her own apartment, do her videos do well enough for her to do this or is she getting $ from Dave?
Todd? Scott and Kristen?

Post by Guest »

davids-tesla wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:29 am
Jason and Corrina are doing well for themselves, Natalie's the assistant getting paid and living with him, Erin's fiance makes decent money apparently, Suzy does Uber, Matt King has a side job and possibly family money I've heard. Jonah lives with his parents so that takes care of rent at least.

I know he would pay Dom's rent and Zane is/was borrowing money, but what about everyone elses? Like how are they affording LA?

Heath had to ask David for money for Mariah but he drives a Lambo, which I know was gifted but probably has crazy insurance,
Carly drives the Tesla David gave her and lives in her own apartment, do her videos do well enough for her to do this or is she getting $ from Dave?
Todd? Scott and Kristen?
I don’t think he pays anyone in the conventional “salary” sense except for natalie.

Buuut he does bribe them with $$ to do shit/bits him for him. Recently on Unfiltered, Heath told a story of how David got him to jump into a fountain at the Grove for $1,000. Which lol is kinda lowkey paying off your friends I guess.

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

rshadewinslet wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:38 am
davids-tesla wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:29 am

Todd? Scott and Kristen?
I don’t think he pays anyone in the conventional “salary” sense except for natalie.

Buuut he does bribe them with $$ to do shit/bits him for him. Recently on Unfiltered, Heath told a story of how David got him to jump into a fountain at the Grove for $1,000. Which lol is kinda lowkey paying off your friends I guess.
heath has been doing that for a while. Drinking Zane's sweat or his own piss. David just loves to pay people for content.

- David Dobrik 2020

the_tiktak_channel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by the_tiktak_channel »

Dobrica wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:37 am
the_tiktak_channel wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:32 pm
never mind the breakdowns, hair loss, OCD tendencies that have clearly interfered with my work routine
His hair loss isn't from stress or depression or anxiety. It's normal male pattern baldness, some guys start getting it at 16 if they're unlucky. Logan and Jake also have it, Zane as well, and many others.

Other people, like Josh, Jeff and Jason, are just lucky to keep all of that hair in their 30s and 40s. It's just genes though, it's a lottery, and David is just unlucky to have a receding hairline in his early 20s.
...ok, so I don't remember saying this...this is trippy

Return to “David Dobrik”