David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 9)

sooboob
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 9)

Post by sooboob »

trish was actually really great in that clip of jason pushing david and liza at his show... props to trish.

i_am_person
Learner
Learner

Post by i_am_person »

meepmeep29 wrote:
Brokentoken wrote:Hey do you guys actually like /enjoy Joe's segment on the podcast?
Tbh I don't think his segment is long enough for me to have any real opinion LOL. But he seems like a really nice, genuine dude.
I like it because Joe is funny and prepared and seems to actually want to be there. But maybe I'm just over the views podcast, like Jason and David seem to be.

clementinex
Learner
Learner

Post by clementinex »

Yikes, so, people are trying to get some of the huge drama channels to do a video on Dom and uncover all the shitty things he has done and let's be honest, there is a lot out there that could be said. They're also bringing David into it and using some old (2014) tweets against him because he was joking about Dom and sexual assault.

Literallywhy
Learner
Learner

Post by Literallywhy »

Any thoughts on Corinna being at the Lakers game with Logan Paul?

meepmeep29
Lurker
Lurker

Post by meepmeep29 »

Literallywhy wrote:Any thoughts on Corinna being at the Lakers game with Logan Paul?
okay this is an EXTREMELY unpopular opinion so please dont drag me. but...... up until before the whole "going gay for a month" thing happened, logan paul was surprisingly growing on me. i listened to a few episodes of impaulsive and he really seemed to have matured. for example, he did an episode w/ ricegum and brought up how rice was super disrespectful when he visited hong kong. logan basically explained to ricegum why his actions were so culturally insensitive. that + his general conduct and self-awareness during the podcasts made me re-evaluate my opinion of him.

and then he said he would be "going gay for a month." so now i'm back to wanting corinna to RUN lol

itsamario
Talker
Talker

Post by itsamario »

Corinna is a lost soul. I think she deserves so much better than Toddy and Logan, but she sells herself short and ends up with these sorts of losers. Maybe one day she'll snap out of it.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

Its a bad idea. Anyone can see that a mile off. But hey, I'm here for the drama.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

Literallywhy
Learner
Learner

Post by Literallywhy »

meepmeep29 wrote:
Literallywhy wrote:Any thoughts on Corinna being at the Lakers game with Logan Paul?
okay this is an EXTREMELY unpopular opinion so please dont drag me. but...... up until before the whole "going gay for a month" thing happened, logan paul was surprisingly growing on me. i listened to a few episodes of impaulsive and he really seemed to have matured. for example, he did an episode w/ ricegum and brought up how rice was super disrespectful when he visited hong kong. logan basically explained to ricegum why his actions were so culturally insensitive. that + his general conduct and self-awareness during the podcasts made me re-evaluate my opinion of him.

and then he said he would be "going gay for a month." so now i'm back to wanting corinna to RUN lol
I remember David talking about what happened with Logan and basically how he thought maybe Logan was just trying to crank out so much content every day and the whole suicide forrest situation just got overlooked. Like as soon as they filmed, it was off to the editor and on to the next thing. It’s interesting to think about.

Clearly I don’t support what happened in the slightest, I just lost my father in September to suicide. I think it was just a foolish video made under not the best circumstances.

But that’s an old subject that’s been beaten to the ground.

3wc
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 3wc »

Oh, Corinna.

I am here for the drama though :rofl:

zmidobrik
Talker
Talker

Post by zmidobrik »

i agree with corinna selling herself short... shes so insecure that she doesnt realize she could do better than all these losers, she just falls for anyone whos tall and gives her enough attention and its super sad to see good women settle for such garbage men... theres always better out there.

Pixboo
Learner
Learner

Post by Pixboo »

I think she just wants clout tbh I don't think it's as deep as it's made out lol

oliiiiivia
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by oliiiiivia »

I think Corinna just want to be able to say "yeah, I fucked Logan Paul". Kinda like a let's see what famous people I can hook with sort of thing.

Literallywhy
Learner
Learner

Post by Literallywhy »

oliiiiivia wrote:I think Corinna just want to be able to say "yeah, I fucked Logan Paul". Kinda like a let's see what famous people I can hook with sort of thing.
Trisha is wearing off on the group :rofl:

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

I think what Jason did to David today was really disgusting. Its one thing to bring up his break up and then another again to start going on about how he thinks they should get back together and even asking the crowd. Its obvious he's just using David's relationship break up for attention and to liven up his show.

Anybody who actually cares about David would be telling him to distance himself from her. It has been a year and if she had any intention of getting back with him, it would have happened by now. Shes just been stringing him on all year and he really deserves someone that actually wants him. I did have hope that they both knew what they were doing but not anymore.

Also Natalie, that girl is amazing. She kept her calm with Jonah despite him not listening to her suggestions at all. Absolutely loved her firmly telling him that he would be staying until the house was clean. :rofl:
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

crepe991
Learner
Learner

Post by crepe991 »

I don't think they're getting back together. Liza seems like she's moved on. She's focusing on herself, exercising and reading self-help books, while David is out partying with insta models. Even though she "found the mayo", they just seem like two people from different worlds now. It must be hard enough for David, because he was expecting that once she sorts her feelings out, she will go back to him, but in the process, she moved on from that relationship. His friends should stop bringing her up and let him move on.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

Todd and Jeff have probably been the best support for David. They understand what he's going through and hang out with him a lot without expecting anything in return. And Todd is always around for a hug :love2:

dulce_treche
Learner
Learner

Post by dulce_treche »

Teacup30 wrote:I think what Jason did to David today was really disgusting. Its one thing to bring up his break up and then another again to start going on about how he thinks they should get back together and even asking the crowd. Its obvious he's just using David's relationship break up for attention and to liven up his show.
That is all they do in the vlogs, drag each other's relationships. Almost spill their personal secrets (oops)

It's all for the views. David films jason-trisha realationship torture drama/ todd-corrina drama(I bet David is regretting the "content" he is missing out since they broke up) AND VICE VERSA on whomever is dating whomever. They drink, fuck, gossip and say these one liners and apparently people are like wow... "Kwality". Yay to no jobs and youtube gravy train I guess.

laurens_nobody
Learner
Learner

Post by laurens_nobody »

dulce_treche wrote:
Teacup30 wrote:I think what Jason did to David today was really disgusting. Its one thing to bring up his break up and then another again to start going on about how he thinks they should get back together and even asking the crowd. Its obvious he's just using David's relationship break up for attention and to liven up his show.
That is all they do in the vlogs, drag each other's relationships. Almost spill their personal secrets (oops)

It's all for the views. David films jason-trisha realationship torture drama/ todd-corrina drama(I bet David is regretting the "content" he is missing out since they broke up) AND VICE VERSA on whomever is dating whomever. They drink, fuck, gossip and say these one liners and apparently people are like wow... "Kwality". Yay to no jobs and youtube gravy train I guess.
Eh... David puts a lot more effort than just that into his vlogs. If it were just about relationships I would've unsubscribed by now.

winter_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by winter_ »

whyareyoulikethis wrote:
whyareyoulikethis wrote:i have $40, a good amount of curiosity, and a couple hours to kill this sunday, so i said fuck it and bought tickets to jason's show in phoenix lol. i'll report back if i observe anything interesting but not holding my breath.
back with my thoughts and HOLY FUCKING CRINGE kids

so truthfully i only went bc my gut told me david would be there, and thankfully he was. as pathetic as this is, david dobrik is my GOD and when i saw him irl my heart actually stopped. i have not felt this way about a person since nick jonas in 2007, but this is so much more intense for me honestly.

unfortunately, the rest was a hot ass mess (but are we surprised?? no)...

-jason comes out as carmelita (felt like watching a vlog in real life so cool, but got awkward fast)
-after 3 minutes he leaves, and then comes back on stage as jason
-talks for a few minutes, makes it very clear he did not prepare at all and has no more than five minutes of material (why hype up a show, fully knowing you weren't prepared for it?? makes no sense)
-makes the normal jokes about david/being old/being a loser, it's all very phoned in and brings no added insight or comedic commentary
-asks assistant how long he's been on stage, and expresses concern over his ability to fill out the entire hour (yikes)

-brings out trisha (pros: she was actually very charasmatic and entertaining, made things less awkward for a bit; cons: kept asking what they were doing/what his plan for the segment was, had MAJOR cameltoe; neutral: they started arguing like they do in the vlogs)
-trisha and jason poll the audience and ask who supports their relationship and who thinks they should break up... LOL (got semi-offended when some people cheered for breaking up)

-surprise: scott, todd, jeff came out (SOOO AWKWARD bc jason had no plan for them whatsoever and they seemed so uncomfortable
-i'm no stan for them but they all looked pretty fkn hot actually
-scott reluctantly rapped and i felt nervous the whole time

-THE KING HIMSELF CAME OUT and i realized that my life is meaningless since i'll never get to be friends with him (joking but only kind of - also, stop reading here if intense david thirst bothers you, v sorry but can't resist)
-pros: everythinggg (so charismatic, 150% the same irl as in the vlogs, saved the awkward ass 'show' with his natural energy)
-neutral/other: gave a kid his shoes (they were both size 12 so he agreed to trade shoes with him?), looks smaller in person
-and yes, a size 12 ;)
-said he had THREE WHOLE BEERS yesterday, and jeff had to drive him home
-said he double-texted Liza the other day... oof

-david, trisha, and jason spent the remaining minutes doing a Q&A, and then dissecting trisha and jason's relationship problems (david served as moderator... said that jason actually causes most of their fights, which, AGREED)
-i wanted to ask them to finally let us know which friend is subscribed to trisha's patreon but didn't get the chance
-david said they were gonna miss their flight so he, todd, scott, and jeff dipped out as fast as possible and then everyone who paid $95 for a meet and greet (WHY) stayed behind to do whatever the fuck
Haha I love this summary! That clip of Jason bringing up David & Liza getting back together is so awkward and uncomfortable, and then to have the nerve to say the fans need to move on?? What? He's the one that just brought it up?

aidil
Talker
Talker

Post by aidil »

O/T and old news but I listened to the ADHD podcast with David this morning and found it really odd when he said he didn’t understand how people listen to podcasts when he runs one himself? He said that he doesn’t listen to any cos he doesn’t have the time/patience and that him and Jason just record odd bits rather than a whole session cos they run out of material.

I don’t understand how somebody can run a podcast when they’re not a fan of the medium itself. No wonder it’s turned into such dead air! You don’t have to have your fingers in all the pies David just for the sake of it!

(This isn’t me dragging David btw, I’m a fan but just found it interesting)

Return to “David Dobrik”