David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 7)

shadefordays
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 7)

Post by shadefordays »

Does David get a cut of Jason's profits? He literally just uploads longer versions of David's vlogs with some relationship torture sprinkled throughout. David's a really good friend if he just gives him content (that usually costs David a good amount of money) for free.

As soon as a new opportunity comes up for David, Jason is cancelled.

starlighttt
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by starlighttt »

shadefordays wrote:Does David get a cut of Jason's profits? He literally just uploads longer versions of David's vlogs with some relationship torture sprinkled throughout. David's a really good friend if he just gives him content (that usually costs David a good amount of money) for free.

As soon as a new opportunity comes up for David, Jason is cancelled.
I think they all just use each other for content so it evens out. You're totally right that most of Jason's videos come from David's ideas but at the same time David films Jason (and all their friends) and puts that footage in his vlogs w/o Jason charging him. And same with everyone else. So it works out.

Kitty10114
Informer
Informer

Post by Kitty10114 »

I think David's friend Dima is super cute! Also I really like Heath and Mariah and Heath and Zane together. Scotty is also super cute and I like his Dissmass videos but I don't like Kristen at all so I'm not sure I'll keep watching him.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

I only watch David, Liza, Carly & Erin for themselves. I only watch the others to stalk David. ;)
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

starlighttt
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by starlighttt »

Teacup30 wrote:I only watch David, Liza, Carly & Erin for themselves. I only watch the others to stalk David. ;)
We are the same. Lol

Cultural_Gossiper
Talker
Talker

Post by Cultural_Gossiper »

BiTheWay wrote:
Cultural_Gossiper wrote:
starlighttt wrote:Anyone watched Brandon's new video with Corinna? I've liked Corinna more and more over the past few weeks. She's so sweet. She also mentions in it that she was having a panic attack at 1am one night and Liza was the only person who answered her calls, and she invited Corinna over to spend the night. I love both of them <3
This may be a little off topic but it’s stuff like this that makes me feel like they are colleagues with “benefits” (I don’t mean sexual benefits) opposed to best friends. When the Gabbie and Ricegum thing happened they were all silent. In the video where James Charles does Liza’s makeup she mentioned that James was the only person that offered to help with her videos. Maybe nobody was up at 1am, though I find that a bit unlikely, but for no one to answer your calls when you are having a panic attack is a little weird. Glad someone did answer though.
I don't think that's a fair assumption to make. 1am is a perfectly acceptable time to be asleep. Erin in multiple vlogs has mentioned that she doesn't like going to a lot of parties anymore because she'd rather stay home and go to bed early, and Carly is also rarely seen out partying with the rest of the VS. Arguably Carly and Erin are likely the only people in the vlog squad that Corinna is close enough to call during a panic attack. Possibly Kristen, but she also doesn't party much. However, if you watch Liza's instagram stories, she frequently posts all throughout the night so I think she's just usually awake and was therefore the most likely person to be awake at 1am when most people are sleeping to help Corinna during her panic attack.
I said it was unlikely that they all would be asleep at 1 am because they stay up late partying or working on their vlogs. Carly wakes ups at 10 or 11 because she is a night owl and doesn’t like early mornings. Corinna has known David since high school and we all know he is up late working. I would think nothing of it but, this wasn’t a one time thing. Instead it’s another example.

mariamay9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mariamay9 »

nikkibella17 wrote:
lifestyledecor wrote:On the podcast David started going in to how he doesn't understand why tax rates increases the more you make and thought a flat tax rate would be a good idea. Sometimes I feel like if he just did the slightest big of research or put some thought behind things maybe he would think before saying something? Jason started to explain to him why it was a bad idea but then ultimately seemed to give up and agree.

Also I think it was last week he made mention to someone having a job in a place like a grocery store they whole life doesn't work hard. What?! Some of those people especially managers routinely put in 70+ hour weeks and don't make money like David. I kind of ignored it as his initial comment about everyone working hard started our well but after todays flat tax comment it annoys me more.

Overall David seems like a great guy I just feel as though he can be incredibly naive at times. Occasionally he seems to realize how lucky he got but other times he acts completely privileged. I guess it's part of having your whole life on social media.

I very much understand what you're saying but in the same vein, I can see his struggle. I'm someone that lives in California that is right over the border in making a certain income to where I pay over 50% in taxes. It's extremely frustrating. I also take it on myself because I choose to live here, but if I was making the same paycheck as I do now at 22...I'd lose my mind seeing over half of it disappear.

Oh boo hoo the California state tax rate for 1 million+ is 13%

zmidobrik
Talker
Talker

Post by zmidobrik »

i think Olivia already is back with Todd which i dont get ... it makes me so sad because it happens to so many young girls (including me) and Todd tend to go for younger girls because they let him get away with shit that a woman his age would never. I also just dont understand whats so good about him that women cant let him go, is it just because hes good at chasing? good in bed? Ive never gotten the appeal haha

zmidobrik
Talker
Talker

Post by zmidobrik »

i cant tell if David genuinely believes his argument or hes just extremely uneducated... i mean he admitted he doesnt know shit about shit but maybe he should do some more research on things because he really just sounded dumb with that argument, and i know hes not dumb... just so painful to listen to

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

The Liza Diss track was so cringy in every way possible, especially the video. The way it was shot and edited was just off, everything was off. I have nothing against Scotty but damn, that was pretty horrible.

peacelovexanax
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peacelovexanax »

Soooo my friend just moved and she now lives literally 5min down the street from David. I'm suddenly feeling an urge to visit her...

And just in case you haven't seen this clip of Fetus Dobrik, here you go. You're welcome. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp_BAaNH4o7
#TEAMMOSIE

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz »

pious wrote:Who would you still subscribe to if they weren't part of the vlogsquad anymore?

For me, it would just be David, Alex, Liza, and Trisha. I would've added Heath and Zane a couple months ago, but they've been annoying me lately.

Carly and Erin seem like nice people, but there is just nothing entertaining about their lives other than them having a funny friend group.

For me it's,

David
Jason
Corrina
Carly & Erin

I already unsubbed to Heath, Zane, Scotty & Toddy. & I'm not subscribed to the rest. Idk, something about them just isn't interesting anymore for me.
(Oh & I'd stay subbed to Trisha but I've been watching her for almost a decade so I forget she's technically now part of the vlog squad)
:horny: :halo:

wishes
Informer
Informer

Post by wishes »

I’m only subscribed to a David and Joe because they interest me. Same as Teacup though, I’ll watch others if David makes an appearance. I really do love BTS of David from Jason’s vlogs mostly.
I judge you on your grammatical errors.

lifestyledecor
Talker
Talker

Post by lifestyledecor »

Betty_Rage wrote:I really believe that David would make an amazing guest star on ' Ridiculousness '. He's got a good stage presence about him and has a lot of interesting stories to tell so would be far from boring when talking to Rob. Not to mention that his video of Jason ripping his chest hair off with the drill has already been on the show, he's basically already in haha.
Yes!!! I’ve wondered why he hasn’t been on the show yet. He’d do great and I think it films in LA so it shouldn’t be a ton of work for him.

OT: Steve O was on yesterday with the street dog he adopted. He has a video of first meeting a dog on his YouTube and it’s the sweetest story

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

I am not here to body shame Stassi, but it is crazy to me how different instagram "models" look in real life..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

darcyking4192 wrote:I am not here to body shame Stassi, but it is crazy to me how different instagram "models" look in real life..
wow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shadefordays
Talker
Talker

Post by shadefordays »

darcyking4192 wrote:I am not here to body shame Stassi, but it is crazy to me how different instagram "models" look in real life..
omg. lol.
it's like they don't realize that we will see them without the photoshop.

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

shadefordays wrote:
omg. lol.
it's like they don't realize that we will see them without the photoshop.
it is crazy! I'm not body shaming anyone but it crazy to me the difference.

sotragic
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sotragic »

pious wrote:Who would you still subscribe to if they weren't part of the vlogsquad anymore?

For me, it would just be David, Alex, Liza, and Trisha. I would've added Heath and Zane a couple months ago, but they've been annoying me lately.

Carly and Erin seem like nice people, but there is just nothing entertaining about their lives other than them having a funny friend group.
I would still follow David, Jason, Carly, Erin, Scott, Zane, and Heath! They're kind of the only people I watch lately. Even though Zane and Heath randomly post whenever they feel like it. :roll:

lazydiana
Learner
Learner

Post by lazydiana »

For me just David, right now I am only subscribed to him and Carly and Erin for the gossip videos (which are getting boring cz they are devoid of any TEA). I was subscribed to Alex before but I find him extremely annoying now. For one thing he posts and deletes a lot, secondly his vlogs aren't that entertaining to me.

Return to “David Dobrik”