:HK:

QueenKunta
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik / Vlog squad - Part 4

Post by QueenKunta »

For some reason, I’m deeply annoyed by the name “vlog squad”. It’s lame and irritating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

starlighttt
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by starlighttt »

QueenKunta wrote:For some reason, I’m deeply annoyed by the name “vlog squad”. It’s lame and irritating.

David doesn't like it either haha

starlighttt
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by starlighttt »

allycooper554 wrote:
tulipsssss wrote:I wish David would put more effort into the podcast. I hate listening to them argue over the same things every week. Also, it’s annoying how he doesn’t even listen to jason talk.. i know he’s trying to be funny but that’s literally the point of a podcast? I think they’re both interesting and could make the podcast way more entertaining if they tried!
I feel like this is a fan thread (nothing wrong with that) but don’t come for me. I feel like David lacks intelligence to discuss a lot of the topic Jason brings it, he’s always dismissing Jason when he brings up political or social issues, etc. or maybe Jason just has more years of knowledge and actually does more research but he’s always laughing it off or telling him to shut up like a 5 year old child. Again don’t come for me lol
(This is from the last thread).

I don't think David lacks intelligence, but I think he's immature and doesn't understand that if he wants to move out of the YouTube space in the next few years he needs to start talking about more interesting and serious topics. Agreed that he comes off like a 5 year old sometimes. Especially because Jason tries to give him genuine advice and he's very dismissive of that.

He's also very ill-informed politically and that won't serve him any good if he hopes to one day have a late night show. Even if he wants to do comedy, he needs to be somewhat politically savvy. It wouldn't hurt for him to start learning more and educating himself now.

pandry
Informer
Informer

Post by pandry »

starlighttt wrote:
QueenKunta wrote:For some reason, I’m deeply annoyed by the name “vlog squad”. It’s lame and irritating.

How was the name created

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

pandry wrote:
starlighttt wrote:

How was the name created
Fans just started calling them that and it stuck.

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnok »

I haven't been keeping up lately. But saw that someone mentioned in the last thread that they should put views on YouTube as a show. I'd like it better if they did it like Jenna and Julien. It doesn't need to be edited. Just them talking but video. I think they'd get more hits. I like Chris Delia's podcast that way also. I can watch it or just listen to it. It's funny to see people's mannerisms sometimes. Especially Jason because he's so squirrely.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

ohnok wrote:I haven't been keeping up lately. But saw that someone mentioned in the last thread that they should put views on YouTube as a show. I'd like it better if they did it like Jenna and Julien. It doesn't need to be edited. Just them talking but video. I think they'd get more hits. I like Chris Delia's podcast that way also. I can watch it or just listen to it. It's funny to see people's mannerisms sometimes. Especially Jason because he's so squirrely.

I would love seeing Jason's reactions when David makes dumb ass comments.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

eimsbaz
Learner
Learner

Post by eimsbaz »

The podcast is definitely going downhill. It used to be more interesting to listen to. I still like it but I agree that they need to put more effort in

Mirabellle
Debater
Debater

Post by Mirabellle »

Why are they in Boston? For the show they had? I thought they have one per weekend basically?

starlighttt
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by starlighttt »

Mirabellle wrote:Why are they in Boston? For the show they had? I thought they have one per weekend basically?
Jason went there last week for his sister's wedding and I guess he's staying there for a couple weeks as vacation. David just flew there to record their podcast. He left yesterday.

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

How is it not obvious to people that David fancies himself as the "puppet master"? That's how the whole thing works. When it goes off his script, he throws a hissy fit.

The dictatortot keeps his relationship super secretive, even from his friends, but he throws Jason under the bus publicly. He's calculated, manipulative, and likes to tightly control the whole squad.

And let's not talk about the train-wreck that Jason is... have you all seen Trisha's latest tweet:
[tweet][/tweet]

I mean, the two of them are geniuses for doing this to stay relevant and for the views... however, if this isn't a fake relationship, what in the heck type of repetitive disaster!?

pepesylvia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pepesylvia »

f <3

honeybaby
Talker
Talker

Post by honeybaby »

following!

and yikes @ jason and trish getting back together. what a mess this will be.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

primadonnafairy1 wrote:I don’t think David is dumb, but I think that he tries to be funny by ridiculing Jason. It sometimes works, but I hated the last podcast because David literally would not listen to a word Jason said and hardly contributed anything. He’s lazy in that respect and I think he should put more energy into the podcast. I mean, he always works hard for his vlogs and won’t let anything get in the way of them. He just needs to at least be more enthusiastic and motivated about the podcast and not constantly complain about how he wants it to be over. He was saying that he doesn’t talk much, but I’m sure if he thought about it beforehand he would have topics that interested him that he could discuss. They also complain a lot about getting sponsors, but I think that if they worked harder to make it more successful they would receive more advertisements.

I’ve heard him talk sometimes about politics, I wouldn’t consider him to be ignorant in terms of his perspective on social issues, but it is definitely Jason who is more passionate about politics and is aware of all of the latest stories and situations. He should keep up with the news more.

I don’t think this is a fan thread. I like this thread because people are pretty logical, they compliment when it is necessary and criticise when it’s necessary, it’s a nice environment. I feel scared to say anything on other threads, because if you don’t say that the YouTuber is ‘Satan’s spawn’ or go on a hateful rant about them you will be criticised, ‘Oh my god this isn’t a rave thread!!!!!!! Let us gossip!!!!!!!!’

Finally, I saw this:
A video where YouTubers are being asked by Clevver at Vidcon who their favourite YouTuber is and who they would turn notifications on for and David immediately said Liza. Which I think is sweet, but it just makes me feel bad for him. Fair enough, say that you still miss her and wish you could get back together but to constantly mention her at every opportunity as if she was your girlfriend is a little pathetic to me. He needs to at least to try to move on or distract himself.

I agree with you, a lot of the threads are pure poison. We give kudos when needed and criticize when warranted here. Last year Trisha's thread was unbearable! That is why I wanted to keep a normal name instead of the normal 'Davis is a Warlord over the Vlog Squad' type forum name, that puts people in the mindset to only look at the bad and none of the possible good. If the previous forum(#3) had such a name, people wouldn't have been inclined to express how sweet Jason giving his mom a car was. It would have been 'Jason is only doing it for the views, Jason doesn't even really like his mom' type comments. BTW, I bawled my eyes out watching both of their reactions.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

allycooper554
Talker
Talker

Post by allycooper554 »

honeybaby wrote:following!

and yikes @ jason and trish getting back together. what a mess this will be.
Imagine the jokes in Jason vlogs

mariamay9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mariamay9 »

Lol wow I was going to say I guess they'll get back together before the months over and looks like they have. I know they seem crazy online but I liked their videos together.
Is todays Views podcast out yet? Don't they come out on Fridays?

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

Hey so a bit off-topic, but I have a question, since I'm sort of new here and not active in many other threads... Why is there a need for a new topic every 40-something pages? It seems arbitrary too, someone just decides it's time for a new thread and everyone goes along with it. Why?

Surely threads could at least get up to 100 pages or so before making a new one.

TakingaSip
Debater
Debater

Post by TakingaSip »

Mosie926 wrote:
primadonnafairy1 wrote:I don’t think David is dumb, but I think that he tries to be funny by ridiculing Jason. It sometimes works, but I hated the last podcast because David literally would not listen to a word Jason said and hardly contributed anything. He’s lazy in that respect and I think he should put more energy into the podcast. I mean, he always works hard for his vlogs and won’t let anything get in the way of them. He just needs to at least be more enthusiastic and motivated about the podcast and not constantly complain about how he wants it to be over. He was saying that he doesn’t talk much, but I’m sure if he thought about it beforehand he would have topics that interested him that he could discuss. They also complain a lot about getting sponsors, but I think that if they worked harder to make it more successful they would receive more advertisements.

I’ve heard him talk sometimes about politics, I wouldn’t consider him to be ignorant in terms of his perspective on social issues, but it is definitely Jason who is more passionate about politics and is aware of all of the latest stories and situations. He should keep up with the news more.

I don’t think this is a fan thread. I like this thread because people are pretty logical, they compliment when it is necessary and criticise when it’s necessary, it’s a nice environment. I feel scared to say anything on other threads, because if you don’t say that the YouTuber is ‘Satan’s spawn’ or go on a hateful rant about them you will be criticised, ‘Oh my god this isn’t a rave thread!!!!!!! Let us gossip!!!!!!!!’

Finally, I saw this:
A video where YouTubers are being asked by Clevver at Vidcon who their favourite YouTuber is and who they would turn notifications on for and David immediately said Liza. Which I think is sweet, but it just makes me feel bad for him. Fair enough, say that you still miss her and wish you could get back together but to constantly mention her at every opportunity as if she was your girlfriend is a little pathetic to me. He needs to at least to try to move on or distract himself.

I agree with you, a lot of the threads are pure poison. We give kudos when needed and criticize when warranted here. Last year Trisha's thread was unbearable! That is why I wanted to keep a normal name instead of the normal 'Davis is a Warlord over the Vlog Squad' type forum name, that puts people in the mindset to only look at the bad and none of the possible good. If the previous forum(#3) had such a name, people wouldn't have been inclined to express how sweet Jason giving his mom a car was. It would have been 'Jason is only doing it for the views, Jason doesn't even really like his mom' type comments. BTW, I bawled my eyes out watching both of their reactions.
I acompletely agree I don't think David is dumb I think it just plays this slightly obnoxious character for us or exaggerates himself more just as any other youtuber lol. I think he doesn't take this podcast seriously because it doesn't give that much back. The last podcast literally had no ads or sponsors lol. but yea if they worked harder on it they would become more appealing to companies. And if David really wants to become the host of something he should focus more on podcast type of environments.
Also I hate how in other threads they say it's "gossip" but it's literally just spewing hate and insulting someone.

Return to “David Dobrik”