David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 2)

julez
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 2)

Post by julez »

ohnok wrote:I wonder how long it'll take for a YouTuber to get busted with tax evasion.
Didn´t Onision get busted?

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnok »

julez wrote:
ohnok wrote:I wonder how long it'll take for a YouTuber to get busted with tax evasion.
Yeah, but I don't count him because he's garbage. I mean a real relevant one. Hahaha. Like something that would be surprising. Image

luluguava
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luluguava »

Haitian101+ wrote:I think A LOT of you guys underestimate how well off the Vlog Squad is financially. I don't know if it's jealousy or genuine ignorance, but you guys seem so confused.

David, Liza, and Gabbie are multimillionaires. They could all stop making videos right now and still be better off than most people in America. David paid $400,000 in TAXES last year. You know how much money you have to be making to have to PAY BACK the government THAT much?!?

Zane, Heath, Scott, Toddy, Kristen, Corinna, Big Nik, Carly, and Erin all have their own channels where they upload consistently. They all should be making at least 6 figures based on how much YouTube pays per thousand views. That's not even counting their followers on Twitter and Instagram, which help them get brand deals. Jason should be making a good amount of money too, but I'm not sure what his networth is since he has 2 kids to support. However, since he's able to take Trisha on vacations and he's always talking about spoiling his kids, I'm sure he's doing fine as well.

The only people that don't upload regularly are Matt King and Alex Ernst, but that's because they chose not to. Obviously if they're not worried about YouTube, it's because they have other things going on. If they were strapped for cash, they would start making videos.

I seriously don't know what some of you guys are thinking, but every main member in the vlog squad is rich by American standards, or at the very least higher middle class. Could that change one day? Sure. Could people stop watching them one day? Sure. Could they lose all their subscribers one day? Sure. BUT TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY. You're ridiculous if you think these extremely wealthy people "need" college or a degree in order to be successful. They're probably making more than your parents, because they're certainly making more than mine. Stop denying the truth because you wish you were them. College isn't the only path to a lot of money anymore. Welcome to the future.
lol ok i think YOU are underestimating how long this gravy train is going to last for. no one is saying they're not making good money now, but the vlog squad is not at a stage where they never have to work for the rest of their lives. we ACKNOWLEDGE that they make good money and even say they've done well for themselves. also, only like one or two people said they should go to college, which plenty of people didn't agree with so you don't have to come in all patronising like we're bumbling idiots that live in some false reality where we think rich people are poor and that they should pointlessly go to university.

literally everything you've said has already been said (i personally said a lot of it myself) but like... calm down dude

modernrenaissance
Talker
Talker

Post by modernrenaissance »

To the seemingly constant passive aggressiveness in this thread - why tho lol

Hem848484
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hem848484 »

I imagine David has to pay a shit ton of money to management, publicist, lawyers, accountants, etc. Not saying he isn’t raking it in, but his expenses have to be pretty big.

Irishgaga
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Irishgaga »

Hem848484 wrote:I imagine David has to pay a shit ton of money to management, publicist, lawyers, accountants, etc. Not saying he isn’t raking it in, but his expenses have to be pretty big.
This and I would guess he has an LLC he gets paid through (and everyone else in the group.) This way, he can use the company for business write offs, which btw, means you still pay and are out the money for whatever it is - especially when it’s your own company. You just get a small-ish percentage in tax breaks. With the money he is making, he can’t go overboard with these bc he would be on the govt radar.

lifestyledecor
Talker
Talker

Post by lifestyledecor »

Olivia Jade did a mukbang with Trisha (and David in the background). A comment was made about Jason not being in the 420 friends intro and it sounds like he chose not to be in it because he felt bad for not inviting Trisha. They talk about it after the 14 min mark.

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

ohnok wrote:
julez wrote:
Yeah, but I don't count him because he's garbage. I mean a real relevant one. Hahaha. Like something that would be surprising. Image
Yeah Onision was a complete idiot with it. He tried to write off bedrooms that were used to house youtubers during sleepovers as a business expense. He also tried to write off some portion of their house (some kind of hallway area) as a business expense because "he films there sometimes". That's not how it works lol.

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnok »

modernrenaissance wrote:To the seemingly constant passive aggressiveness in this thread - why tho lol
Right??? This thread is so sensitive.

mdlovesgg
Learner
Learner

Post by mdlovesgg »

Just saw Scotty's new vlog. I find it interesting, but not unexpected, that he and Kristen are looking for a place fast as they said. Also what do you all think about them wanting to keep a room at any future vloghouse? That seems like an idea that may not work out, but I guess when you have that much money it doesn't matter.

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

Also these YouTubers are get more first-hand experience in marketing than any bachelor's will get them. Even if their popularity dies, having amassed a million+ followers on any social network is much more attractive on a resume than a formal education. Unless any of them are looking to switch gears and go into a STEM field, they don't need college, ever.

xxhobo
Informer
Informer

Post by xxhobo »

I fucking can’t stand Liza. She’s too “on” all the time, gets tiring and old fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keyraeee
Debater
Debater

Post by keyraeee »

xxhobo wrote:I fucking can’t stand Liza. She’s too “on” all the time, gets tiring and old fast.

yeah she is definitely way over hyped. i really dont get the obsession that everyone has over her?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pandry
Informer
Informer

Post by pandry »

keyraeee wrote:
xxhobo wrote:I fucking can’t stand Liza. She’s too “on” all the time, gets tiring and old fast.

yeah she is definitely way over hyped. i really dont get the obsession that everyone has over her?

Agreed. She is quite pretty and I like her ig. Her videos and sense of humour, not so much

Bugman22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bugman22 »

mdlovesgg wrote:Just saw Scotty's new vlog. I find it interesting, but not unexpected, that he and Kristen are looking for a place fast as they said. Also what do you all think about them wanting to keep a room at any future vloghouse? That seems like an idea that may not work out, but I guess when you have that much money it doesn't matter.
I think it makes total sense. It’ll kind of be their “studio” for all their videos. That way atleast they can keep some sort of privacy too. If they strictly choose to only shoot at that vlog house. And I’m sure if they use it to film maybe that’s a tax write off for them?

And on the topic of Liza. I mean I get it. She can get a little overboard. Seeing her on kind of reminds me of robin Williams. Now I’m not comparing their comedy or acting in any way. But robin Williams was ALWAYS ON. Everyone always said robin would always try to make everyone in the room laugh and after he died it wasn’t till later people realized maybe he was masking his sadness with the humor. Maybe Liza does the same hence why she’s always on? No idea.

Hem848484
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hem848484 »

lifestyledecor wrote:Olivia Jade did a mukbang with Trisha (and David in the background). A comment was made about Jason not being in the 420 friends intro and it sounds like he chose not to be in it because he felt bad for not inviting Trisha. They talk about it after the 14 min mark.
Are you freaking kidding me?? That annoys the shit out of me. She is going to ruin him.

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnok »

Hem848484 wrote:
lifestyledecor wrote:Olivia Jade did a mukbang with Trisha (and David in the background). A comment was made about Jason not being in the 420 friends intro and it sounds like he chose not to be in it because he felt bad for not inviting Trisha. They talk about it after the 14 min mark.
Are you freaking kidding me?? That annoys the shit out of me. She is going to ruin him.
Going to? Haha

Djanaka
Learner
Learner

Post by Djanaka »

I watched Scotty's performance at Playlist (on YouTube cause I'm broke lolol) and I found it really sweet how Heath was a hype man !!

pepesylvia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pepesylvia »

Djanaka wrote:I watched Scotty's performance at Playlist (on YouTube cause I'm broke lolol) and I found it really sweet how Heath was a hype man !!
ugh heath seems like such a good sweet caring guy with a hidden bad boy side that sometimes comes out

i wish i was mariah :tu:

justgeek
Informer
Informer

Post by justgeek »

I loved Scotty’s performance! I think he did so well for it being his first time and his songs are actually kind of catchy. Especially love that David was on the sidelines recording and looking so proud. I honestly thought David just uses these guys for footage but he seems to actually care for and support them!

On the other hand, I love how David isn’t afraid to talk shit to Trish :rofl:

Return to “David Dobrik”