EmilieClarke

SassyChance
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

EmilieClarke

Post by SassyChance » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:03 am

There was a topic about her on the old website, but didn't see one here. I also don't know how many subs she has...sorry. But if it's less than 50,000 could one of the mods please move this into the correct thread? Thanks!

Anyways, usually I like her and I think she's a very pretty girl, and I do admit, I like watching her hauls because she seems to have good taste, but what bothers me the most is her (seemingly) gold-digging and money hungry ways. She makes it seem that husbands and boyfriends are supposed to pay for everything (although she works). Case in point, I was reading her twitter earlier & BentleyBlonde apparently made a 19 minute haul and Emilie commented "Your poor husbands credit card!", so BentleyBlonde responded that she makes money too. Now I get that if you're married you may have joint accounts and what not, but it just seemed odd for her to say it like that. But there's been other times where I've read her twitter and her friends have mentioned poor Bill's (her hubby) credit card. There was even one time she made a comment along the lines of it was good that he paid it off, or something like that, I don't quite remember. Anyways, it just seems like she's proud to spend her hubbys money. Again, I get that you can have joint accounts, but it doesn't seem like that with her. And I''m not saying I know for sure.

Anyways, end rant. Haha. Bottom line, I do enjoy her videos & I don't think she spends anywhere NEAR bigger named gurus. I just wanted to add a topic about her since I didn't see one. :love2:

justanotherhater

Re: EmilieClarke

Post by justanotherhater » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:31 pm

Moved! She has less than 10,000 (about 9,500)

I used to be subbed to her, but she does seem money hungry. The minute I saw her LV collection video come up in my sub box, I unsubbed. She strikes me as one of those girls that has to mention she has designer brand items to fit in. I don't know why. Even when she buys more expensive stuff, she has to stress on how expensive it was. Who cares?

I never saw the tweets you speak of, but I really hate it when girls, who make money, make their boyfriends/husbands pay for everything. It works for some people, I guess, I'm not trying to judge. Some guys loving spoiling the girls they are with, and that's fine, but assuming your guy has to pay for your shopping habits isn't normal. With my boyfriend, he offers to pay for some of my stuff occasionally, but I don't ask him to, ever. Especially if she makes money on her own, she doesn't need it.

SassyChance
Informer
Informer

Post by SassyChance » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Thank you for moving it!! I actually never realized she didn't have that many subs. But everything you said I agree with 100%. I too was subscribed & although she didn't make many tutorials, I thought she had a cute bubbly personality, which truthfully I think she still does, but her money hungry ways have turned me off so much. I watched a recent video of hers and she mentioned that she had spent a few hundred dollars on a Burberry scarf. Now, there's nothing wrong with buying what you want, but it was the way she just happened to throw that in the video.

I also agree with you that if your hubby or boyfriend offers, that's one thing, but to just always expect him to pay for your shopping trips, that's crazy. And I think (not positive) she makes pretty good money doing her radio job, so I doubt she needs any help with paying for her shopping trips.

frigidbitch
Debater
Debater

Post by frigidbitch » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:19 am

I've only managed to watch two of her videos. She's just WAY too materialistic and focused on letting everyone know every label she has on her body. No thanks.

peroiddummy1
Learner
Learner

Post by peroiddummy1 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:21 pm

i made the old thread from gurugossip and loled when she posted "i cant breathe" on her twitter

fat ass kardashian wannabe married a fat guy so she could spend his money
quit saying hey dolls
so annoying
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lenny204
Debater
Debater

Post by lenny204 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Does anyone know what her husband looks like? I don't think I have ever seen him in a video

SassyChance
Informer
Informer

Post by SassyChance » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:11 pm

I don't think she's fat by any means. I actually think she looks healthy and very pretty, but I do agree that she idolizes the Kardashians, Kim in particular a little too much. It's slightly obsessive since she seems to buy everything (judging by her videos and tweets) the Kardashians come out with. And the 'Hey dolls" thing does annoy me at times as well.

As far as her husband, I think he is on the heavier & balding side, I think he's quite a bit older (hence why I think she has gold digger tendencies) from what I've gathered. I think they also met online. I remember her saying something in a video a while back. But I don't think he likes being her videos as I've never seen him. I've only seen little snippets of pictures.

stainlessheart
Learner
Learner

Post by stainlessheart » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 am

I watch her videos and I don't think she's nearly as bad as many other "gurus" but she does wear on my nerves. She's very materialistic and that bugs me. She always needs to point out that this item is Chanel or that item is from Coach or her bag is LV. Another thing that bothers me about her is that she's so trend oriented but a lot of the trends don't suit her body type. I do NOT think she's fat by any means, but I don't think she dresses her body well. She's got a heavier bottom half and she's always sporting skinny jeans or jeggings (the floral printed ones were the WORST) and it doesn't look good.

SassyChance
Informer
Informer

Post by SassyChance » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:43 am

I haven't ranted about her in a while, and although I do like her videos I've noticed lately she's been trying to make contact with the 'bigger' gurus, such as DulceCandy and the luxyhair sisters (granted I don't think they're as popular as Dulce) but it just seems like she's really trying to be as big as Dulce, which just confirms my belief that she is truly money hungry & she wants more money from YouTube (I think she does get paid for her videos...although I'm not 100% sure so that's just my opinion).

diva6833
Learner
Learner

Post by diva6833 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:07 am

Ive actually met Emilie on numerous occasions, she's pretty down to earth and really sweet in person. however, I also am starting to get a little annoyed with her videos and how she comes off as a materialistic girl. I know that she works hard, and radio hosts make decent money so its not necessarily ALL her husband, which I believe he has a really good job (havent found out what it is yet, though im looking into it ;) ) but what I dont understand is why every thing has to be name branded? I remember her and this girl were tweeting back and forth about the Alexandre McQueen scarfs and Em was saying how she doesnt want to pay so much for them etc, the conversation was going great for a while until the chic said she found a knock off one for cheaper and asked if Emilie wanted to get one as well.. I followed the girl right away as I was interested in the knock offs, and I realized Emilie never replied back and quickly deleted all the tweets and blocked the girl !!!!! I dont get it?
Anyway, like Ive mentioned plenty of times on this site, every DECENT, genuine and normal YT Guru has become so fake and is trying SO HARD to blend in with the "cool kids" .. Im really starting to lose interest in Youtube and beauty channels lately, and thats coming from a huge YT fan whose been a member since 2005 !

SassyChance
Informer
Informer

Post by SassyChance » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:44 pm

^^ I think I remember something like that. I don't have twitter so I don't know who follows who or whatnot but I can see what's being said since it isn't private, but I think she did end up getting a scarf similar to the Alexander McQueen scarf, I'm not sure if it was an exact replica though.

All in all I really think she's a sweet person truthfully, but it's like all these YouTubers are turning into greedy, money hungry people. I can count on one hand how many I think still seem genuine and don't do it JUST for the money, but it my heart, I don't think Emilie is one anymore. I don't doubt she makes good money doing the radio, but I still think deep down she wishes she had the fanbase as some of the bigger gurus have. She's constantly tweeting to them and referring to them in her videos, I'm guessing for more views?

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:35 am

She had mentioned emilynoel quitting her broadcasting job for yt. I think Emilie likes her job but wouldn't mind having a much larger yt subscriber base so she could maybe transition to part time on the radio.

I pretty much subscribed to her because JuicyTuesday is gone. And because I knew her '12 for 2012' was never gonna stick :lol:

SassyChance
Informer
Informer

Post by SassyChance » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:31 pm

I really had high hopes for her 12 for 2012 because that's a big accomplishment for a woman that really likes makeup in my opinion. I don't think I could do it truthfully, nail polish is my weakness. But once the holiday collections started coming out, it pretty much went out the window. I don't think she's mentioned it now lately and I'm not sure if anyone has asked her about it.

Maybe she thinks if no one mentions it, it never happened. And yes I agree, I think Emilie loves her job to be honest, but yep I do think she wants a much bigger fan base. I think she sees what YouTubers like Dulce & TiffanyD have 'accomplished' and I think she wants that, the free things sent to her, the sponsorships, bigger YouTube paychecks.

diva6833
Learner
Learner

Post by diva6833 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:41 pm

The sad part is shes REALLY not a "Guru" .. i mean she definitely lacks talent in the makeup department, she doesnt have the nicest figure and I think she tries TOO hard to be hip & cool with the latest trends. I applaud those gurus who actually help people with hair, makeup and nail tips, but for Emily I feel like all she cares about is to BUY BUY BUY all the things everyone on YT talk about and show it off.. what is the point ? I guess people like that (clearly) but I dont watch her videos anymore as I find them boring and pointless..

SassyChance
Informer
Informer

Post by SassyChance » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:21 pm

I personally don't find anything wrong with her figure, she actually seems to be average to me. I think she's quite pretty as well, but I agree with her not being a 'guru'. She definitely likes to brag about what she buys (although there are YouTubers that are a lot worse than she is), but I do give her credit as far as really communicating with her viewers. Granted she doesn't have many subscribers so that makes it easier I assume, but judging by comments, she does seem to answer/reply back to anyone that comments to her.

My problem with her, and it's been my only 'real' issue with her and I've said it over & over, she just seems MONEY HUNGRY. I think (one of the biggest reasons) that's why she's with her hubby, I think he does pretty well, although I don't know what he does for a living, but she does seem to take advantage of credit cards. I watch her videos still sometimes, not as much as I used to because you're right diva6833, they've become boring and she doesn't do much in terms of tutorials, it's mostly hauls with her, and the occasional OOTD.

gossipgirl77
Learner
Learner

Post by gossipgirl77 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:08 pm

Sorry but I really can't stand this woman. She is not pretty. She is a label whore. She follows all the more popular youtube gurus like a sheep. No one would even know who she was if it wasn't for JuicyTuesday (who has almost vanished from youtube).

Gosh, she is such a snore. ZZZZzzzz Really. I can't imagine what her radio show is like. Painful.

Also, she sounds like a man.

That is all.

SassyChance
Informer
Informer

Post by SassyChance » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:26 pm

gossipgirl77 wrote:Sorry but I really can't stand this woman. She is not pretty. She is a label whore. She follows all the more popular youtube gurus like a sheep. No one would even know who she was if it wasn't for JuicyTuesday (who has almost vanished from youtube).

Gosh, she is such a snore. ZZZZzzzz Really. I can't imagine what her radio show is like. Painful.

Also, she sounds like a man.

That is all.
YES!! She talks to them on twitter and I don't think many respond. If any. She's starting to remind me of a thirsty male wanting a girls attention unfortunately. And I don't know why. I think she's a pretty girl and I think she'd be just fine without following these bigger YouTubers around like a little puppy.

I'm very surprised she didn't go to IMATS. I'm figuring the brands there weren't high end enough for her?

stainlessheart
Learner
Learner

Post by stainlessheart » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:56 am

She seems to be contacting/tweeting the bigger known gurus lately. I saw her tweeting Tanya Burr the other night with no response. Her desperation is reaching an all time high and is really comical to watch.

CPF
Stalker
Stalker

Post by CPF » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:07 pm

If anyone wants to check out pictures of Emilie's wedding (including pictures of her husband) here is the link.

http://damaramoeblog.com/weddings/bill- ... r-wedding/

SassyChance
Informer
Informer

Post by SassyChance » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:24 pm

stainlessheart wrote:She seems to be contacting/tweeting the bigger known gurus lately. I saw her tweeting Tanya Burr the other night with no response. Her desperation is reaching an all time high and is really comical to watch.
YES. No one has replied to her that I know if. The only bigger YouTuber that I would say responded once was Nicole Guerriero. I think that's it. Just please stop Emilie. It's getting pathetic now.

About her wedding, I think she looked gorgeous and her wedding was small but tasteful. I will say I think she married her hubby for money though.

gossipgirl77
Learner
Learner

Post by gossipgirl77 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:37 am

CPF wrote:If anyone wants to check out pictures of Emilie's wedding (including pictures of her husband) here is the link.

Sorry but she is so gross. Yuck.

yesitsme
Debater
Debater

Post by yesitsme » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:51 am

gossipgirl77 wrote:
CPF wrote:If anyone wants to check out pictures of Emilie's wedding (including pictures of her husband) here is the link.

Sorry but she is so gross. Yuck.
I don't think she is gross, but I don't like that she didn't do anything with her hair for her wedding.

SassyChance
Informer
Informer

Post by SassyChance » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:10 pm

I think she's actually quite pretty. But I agree, a nice up-do, even half an up-do would've been very pretty. Her hair just seems undone in a sense although it's curled.

UGH her new video about the MAC/Sigma comparison annoyed me. She stated that she watched MakeupbyTiffayD's video on the Sigma bases and of course for Tiffany they worked better than the MAC's paintpots (why wouldn't they if she's getting paid from them?) anyways, in the comments people are saying basically that Tiffany is being paid by Sigma/she works for them. So pretty much every response Emilie has posted has been that she doesn't think Tiffany lied, she's one of more honest 'guru's out there, she trusts her, she's just defending her and so on and so forth.

She just keeps trying to kiss the bigger YouTubers asses and she comes off looking pathetic. I think she'd be just fine without acting like a little lost puppy.

peroiddummy1
Learner
Learner

Post by peroiddummy1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Her ootd today was ridiculous

she has NO fashion sense
her hair was a mess like why does she think its cute to wear a ponytail and have all her baby hairs sticking up like she's got her hand on one of those electricity balls

so back to the outfit
a pink cable knit sweater, skinny jeans that hug her fat thighs and fake mint toms, sorry but a thick sweater and toms does not go together and that color palette is atrocious

hey DOLL you look retarded, and fat.

Return to “EmilieClarke”