DoddleOddle/ Dodie Clark pt. 3

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

DoddleOddle/ Dodie Clark pt. 3

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

The other thread is well over 1000 posts now so lets start afresh :)

Silent Q
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: DoddleOddle/ Dodie Clark pt. 3

Post by Silent Q »

“Half a joke” is an interesting way to describe it but I guess we’ll hear soon about what the video was like from Dodie’s perspective.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

v interesting tweets. the thing is maybe at first Dodie found it super awkward or like a joke at her own expense and then in hindsight has learnt to laugh at it?

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

thanks for making a new thread!

it’ll be interesting to see her video about it, although if she felt uncomfortable she’ll probably end up lying and say it was just acting

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

aaa123 wrote:it’ll be interesting to see her video about it, although if she felt uncomfortable she’ll probably end up lying and say it was just acting
Yeah that's my bet too. She can't really go off saying how she felt uncomfortable blahblahblah when Elle will more than likely watch the video. I'm more surprised Dodie even went to the prom. Elle isn't super popular is she? I hadn't heard of her till she came out as Bi.

archived
Informer
Informer

Post by archived »

kayuhsee wrote:
aaa123 wrote:it’ll be interesting to see her video about it, although if she felt uncomfortable she’ll probably end up lying and say it was just acting
Yeah that's my bet too. She can't really go off saying how she felt uncomfortable blahblahblah when Elle will more than likely watch the video. I'm more surprised Dodie even went to the prom. Elle isn't super popular is she? I hadn't heard of her till she came out as Bi.
Elle is one of those 'desperately tries to be different' people. I've seen a few of her video things and they scream 'find me funny'. She has been on dodie's snapchat a few time. Her humour seems to be making other people seem awkward and I think dodie was kind of the butt of this joke.
yeehaw partner

onetruetrash

Post by onetruetrash »

I've literally never heard of elle before this

sayingRAD247
Learner
Learner

Post by sayingRAD247 »

People are saying the crush Elle described in her coming out as bi video sounded like Dodie. All I can remember is "brown hair" but I definitely didn't put two and two together at the time, I didn't know if they even knew each other then (though Dodie liked her video on Twitter, which is how I found out about it).

This video started off really cute ( even though I can't stand big dramatic reveals/announcements, I get so much second hand embarrassment) and Dodie looked absolutely gorgeous in her prom outfit. The second half though... oh. Oh no. Oh God please no.

If Elle genuinely had a crush on Dodie I don't see how she thought this would be a good idea :| I don't know what to think. Even if Dodie was in on the joke I found it unbearable to watch. I couldn't help but think of her constant mentions of living in the past and wonder if she thought this was going to be a genuinely thoughtful, sweet gesture to let her relive her teenage years/ experience an American-style prom if she hadn't already. Instead she got an awkward empty room filled with pictures of her face and watched her date become prom king and dance with someone else. I would have reacted the exact same way. It felt like Elle only had herself in mind.

BerryStrawberry
Talker
Talker

Post by BerryStrawberry »

Everything about that prom is cringeworthy.

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

That whole thing is just not funny. Youtubers need to stop thinking they are funny, most of them are not.
-english is not my first language-

PocketPLocket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocketPLocket »

The video was horrible..You guys are so right, to being "acting" that genuinely uncomfortable, confused and disappointed then Dodie should think about a career change.

ColourlessGreenIdeas
Informer
Informer

Post by ColourlessGreenIdeas »

I agree, the prom thing was really awkward and it was clear from the start of the video that Elle was only thinking about herself.

sayingRAD247
Learner
Learner

Post by sayingRAD247 »

The 'half a joke' thing got me thinking that maybe this video was a dramatization of real events. Maybe Elle asked Dodie out in private (or still tried to do a big public display of it to be 'romantic') and Dodie politely rejected her, but they stayed friends and Elle got the idea to recreate it but in a way that she could say she still got to go to prom with her crush and also update her followers on what happened with her crush, riding off her viral coming out video. And then the part where she disappoints Dodie was consensual and it was her way of moving on, trying to get her 'funny revenge' somehow? (Without context I didn't find it at all funny though, more mean-spirited and even humiliating.)

It'd still be little selfish on Elle's part and by no means without its problems but I prefer this potential explanation far more than the possibility of it being genuine, for Dodie's sake. Nonetheless I think this was a misstep if Elle thought this would be funny. (The like to dislike ratio says otherwise though.)

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

sayingRAD247 wrote:The 'half a joke' thing got me thinking that maybe this video was a dramatization of real events. Maybe Elle asked Dodie out in private (or still tried to do a big public display of it to be 'romantic') and Dodie politely rejected her, but they stayed friends and Elle got the idea to recreate it but in a way that she could say she still got to go to prom with her crush and also update her followers on what happened with her crush, riding off her viral coming out video. And then the part where she disappoints Dodie was consensual and it was her way of moving on, trying to get her 'funny revenge' somehow? (Without context I didn't find it at all funny though, more mean-spirited and even humiliating.)

It'd still be little selfish on Elle's part and by no means without its problems but I prefer this potential explanation far more than the possibility of it being genuine, for Dodie's sake. Nonetheless I think this was a misstep if Elle thought this would be funny. (The like to dislike ratio says otherwise though.)
I think you're giving Elle too much credit haha. This is the girl who legally married her sister's boyfriend "for the lulz".

sayingRAD247
Learner
Learner

Post by sayingRAD247 »

kayuhsee wrote:
sayingRAD247 wrote:The 'half a joke' thing got me thinking that maybe this video was a dramatization of real events. Maybe Elle asked Dodie out in private (or still tried to do a big public display of it to be 'romantic') and Dodie politely rejected her, but they stayed friends and Elle got the idea to recreate it but in a way that she could say she still got to go to prom with her crush and also update her followers on what happened with her crush, riding off her viral coming out video. And then the part where she disappoints Dodie was consensual and it was her way of moving on, trying to get her 'funny revenge' somehow? (Without context I didn't find it at all funny though, more mean-spirited and even humiliating.)

I think you're giving Elle too much credit haha. This is the girl who legally married her sister's boyfriend "for the lulz".
Wow, I... did not know that. I'm speechless.

Monster_Guru33
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Monster_Guru33 »

I can't believe she's on a third thread. Says it all really.

Rose57
Informer
Informer

Post by Rose57 »

kayuhsee wrote:I think you're giving Elle too much credit haha. This is the girl who legally married her sister's boyfriend "for the lulz".
it just feel like the whole event was staged to get them both more followers and possible create drama for dodie to be more interesting or cement her more in the LGBTQA+ community. she "married" her sisters boyfriend for the views not the lols.

rosaamclellan
Stalker
Stalker

Post by rosaamclellan »

Im about 90% sure Elles entire video is a scripted sketch and Dodie knew everything about it. Id never heard of Elle before but from the video of her saying Im Dodies Bodyguard in her video and the different pictures of them two on the slideshow at the prom im guessing there actually friends in real life and not strangers. If you look on Elles instagram Jack Howard, Dodie, and Jon Cozart are friends with Elle. Her latest post of her and Dodie at the prom has comments from Jack and Evan, Jack saying "I love this and I want more" and Evan saying "Im here for Adrian" who if you didnt already know was the dj microphone guy in Elles video and is a friend of Dodies, Hazel, Jack and a lot of there mutual friends and he is most likely Elles friend too seeming he agreed to be in Elles sketch. Now im not saying Elles sketch video is hilarious or anything like that but it was very well put together and had its moments, but overall it was most definetly in my opnion fake and i think Dodie knew what was going on. I hate that just because people are misunderstanding what she said on twitter everyones acting like shes this poor little soul whos been tricked by some horrible girl shes a grown ass woman.

Good_Bake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Good_Bake »

Most youtubers aren't funny at all... elle seems all about the views and making dollar. Is it just me or is YouTube dying massively

onetruetrash

Post by onetruetrash »

clover123 wrote:Most youtubers aren't funny at all... elle seems all about the views and making dollar. Is it just me or is YouTube dying massively
Nope, not just you. The adpocalypse plus the declining views for Youtubers is taking its toll.

Return to “DoddleOddle/ Dodie Clark”