DoddleOddle/ Dodie Clark pt. 3

dippydoo
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Re: DoddleOddle/ Dodie Clark pt. 3

Post by dippydoo »

aaa123 wrote:
Mleeps wrote:Haha did anyone see her now-deleted instastories where she bitched about a negative comment on her party video? Didn't manage to take a screenshot but basically the commenter said something about her not being an introvert because she is always filming herself out with friends and going to parties, and Dodie was all 'I'm going to delete this comment and ffs people don't understand that what YoU ShArE IsnT AcTuaLlY rEaL LiFe' but like so rude about it :rofl: The thing is, people are gonna comment about what they see, and if they see Dodie out partying and with friends and then she comes out and makes a vid like this, of course they are gonna question it??? How are they supposed to know about the shit she does when she isn't sharing?
forreal though, she’s always posting about going to parties/events/drinking with friends. wasn’t she just tweeting about how she’s having a new years party or something? I don’t get why she tries to make people think she’s this shy socially anxious fragile flower when she pretty clearly isn’t. and she shares literally everything, even stupid trivial stuff, so...yeah, people do actually have a pretty good idea of what she’s like in real life.
I thought Party was refreshing! While video was about as lazy as Dodie is with every other video, she actually acknowledged how lazy, fragile, and pathetic she is. :)

ihatetheinternet
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by ihatetheinternet »

[youtube][/youtube]

what's everyone's thoughts on this?

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

ihatetheinternet wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

what's everyone's thoughts on this?
Honestly, I think it's a very good video and I believe Karim. It's a situation where you can see it's hard for things to be misconstrued and I could see why it would be uncomfortable for Dodie even if Karim was asleep. I think she didn't really think before posting the video, especially mentioning "rape" and then on Twitter yelling at people who hung out with Karim for spending time with "rapists". I was reading the comments of the interview and apparently she's deleted the video which I think is sketchy to do without mentioning it seeing as she's the one who introduced the word rape into the situation.

I think a lot of the things that came out in 2014 regarding Youtubers and sexual offences were very serious and important - like with Jason, Sam Pepper, EddPlant, Tom Milsom but even Alex Day cheating, as manipulative and egotistical as it is, isn't on the same level as that. Since he did it so many times and didn't change with him I understand why so many people did cut ties with Alex, but at the same time there were a lot of videos about people who yeah, didn't behave well but it shouldn't have warranted a response where they're completely shunned. If it was a friend of mine who did something "manipulative", I think telling them they're behaving badly and seeing if they respond to that and change would be the first step, you shouldn't totally cut them off until they're aware of what they're doing and don't care. It's a tough situation.

pugsypugs
Learner
Learner

Post by pugsypugs »

She's gotta talk about it. You should always hear both sides of the story.

Post by Guest »

Evan has responded to the video on tumblr. He dragged Karim for making Dodie relive this situation and once again called Karim an abuser. Still no word from Dodie who is off to a party right now. I predict no further response from their side.

PocketPLocket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocketPLocket »

This is undoubtably a nasty and knotty situation...I believe Karim but i also don't think he is a saint. There are screenshots of him asking for nudes- apparently from underage girls but there's nothing on the screenshots to suggest any ages.

What I find believable though, is the notion of Dodie and Evan as nasty bullies defending their patch. I don't like Evan's attitude and it seems like he was jealous of Karim and jumped at the chance to turn on him.

aaaaaaaaaah
Informer
Informer

Post by aaaaaaaaaah »

I would post this on Evan's thread but it's pretty empty and it still does include Dodie:

His tumblr post makes me think that Karim is telling (at least partially) the truth. Evan completely glosses over the accusations against him (of sexual assault, the same thing Karim is accused of) and just plays up the whole 'hoW CouLd he HuRT mY fRienD'. Like, no. Dodie is an adult, she's the one who accused Karim and, according to Karim, silenced him. She needs to be the one to reply. It's one thing to play innocent fairy fragile girl when it's not hurting anyone, but to continue along like your accusations haven't ruined a guy's life is horrible.

Karim might want to do damage control now that the whole thing has blown over a bit. That's absolutely possible. It's also true that the video failed to mention other accusations against him, only it never said it would. It's a response to Dodie and apparently the guy who made it is going to make another about the pressuring for nudes accusations. That doesn't mean that Dodie wasn't in the wrong to shout 'rape' at the beginning of her video when what she described was absolutely not rape.

Also, in Evan's tumblr post, he never actively denies the accusations. He says that Karim 'has the audacity to make something up about me to deflect from his own actions', but that's not a 'I did not do this', it's a 'I'm going to make this accusation sound crazy and then go on to talk about anything but'. Imo, Evan probably did it as a joke and doesn't understand when a joke goes too far. There's so much stuff about him upsetting fans by taking jokes too far on his forum and just on twitter.

It's a weird situation where pretty much everyone seems to be in the wrong one way or another. Dodie called someone a rapist who wasn't one and then went on to smear their name online. Evan seems like he did actually do something to Karim and is deflecting. Karim has been proven to ask for nudes and might have known what he was doing in that bed.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

I have no idea what is going on but lmfao @ these children acting like they're sitting down for a 20/20 interview, it looks like kids doing some sort of sketch for a school project.

Again, I don't know what this is about and Dodie is an idiot, but from the bit I saw there, that guy comes off shady as hell. He launched into the longest ever monologue when asked a straight yes/no question, started rambling about the days leading up to the incident in an obvious effort to paint himself in a certain light, from feeling pressured by others to eating an edible, to feeling lonely on the trip, to being in a bad headspace, etc., etc., etc. By the time it got to the actual incident (and btw he didn't want to share a bed with that dude but he wanted to climb into bed between Dodie and Evan? Okay.....?), I turned it off because he was so boring and weird. Which is why I still don't know what this is even about. All that said, Evan is sketchy af himself and I'm pretty sure others have alluded to him being abusive too.

Anyway, this back and forth and 'I'm gonna make another video about it!' stuff is so stupid. Get a lawyer if this is that important to you and take action. Idiots.

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

Return to “DoddleOddle/ Dodie Clark”