DoddleOddle / Dodie Clark 2

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DoddleOddle / Dodie Clark 2

Post by aaa123 »

Idk I kind of feel for dodie in elle’s video. that whole situation was super awkward, and if dodie had no idea what was happening then to me its understandable that she’d be acting uncomfortable.

Silent Q
Gossiper
Gossiper

DoddleOddle / Dodie Clark 2

Post by Silent Q »

Yeah, Dodie looked so uncomfortable but tried to play along. It definitely seemed like a joke at her expense - to make an elaborate proposal for "prom" to get her to expect something fun and then purposefully deliver something disappointing? What a mean spirited prank.

Some screen caps:
The reveal of the party.

"This picture of you really turns me on."
"What?"

Being shown the banner and sculpture thing.

Dodie agrees to dance with Elle.

"Are you all having a good time?!"
Only Dodie responds: "Yeah!...."

Waiting for the prom queen announcement. Once it's announced, Elle comments "people voted you know" and Dodie says "like who??"

"Sorry you didn't win."

Look how uncomfortable she looks! Her facial expressions, her body language, her posture all show just how much she doesn't want to be there. She starts out amused but once Elle's creepy comments start...

Elle referred numerous times to love and Dodie being her girlfriend and stuff, and I don't think Elle made it clear enough that it wasn't meant to be serious, given that some fans really do go that crazy over their idols. It looked like Dodie wasn't sure if Elle was kidding and I think that added to the awkwardness as well.

The whole thing made me feel bad for Dodie. She was promised a prom and got a mean prank instead. "Got dressed up for no reason it turned out" seems like a perfectly fair caption on her instagram pic.

Monster_Guru33
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Monster_Guru33 »

Yeah, I think it might be some sort of sketch/prank thing.

Look at it from Elle's perspective; it feels very scripted and stagey.

Rose57
Informer
Informer

Post by Rose57 »

Monster_Guru33 wrote:Yeah, I think it might be some sort of sketch/prank thing.

yeah i think dodie was definitely in on the joke from the start. none of her reactions seemed completely authentic.

2emma1
Talker
Talker

Post by 2emma1 »

I couldnt finish the prom video i was too incomfortable... i honestly wonder how much she knew in advance. the "awkward prom pictures" made me think they both wanted to do a fake awkward prom because itd be funny, but watching it i thought maybe Dodie expected to be taken to a party of some kind, and i understand how she didnt like being there, even if she knew Elle was kidding with all the flirty stuff Dodie is still stuck in that room alone with them for presumably a few hours until they got enough footage...

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

This thread is V full now so here is the new one I made :)

viewtopic.php?f=186&t=33182

Hope you all had a very merry christmas or happy holiday you lot :tu:

Silent Q
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silent Q »

Monster_Guru33 wrote:Yeah, I think it might be some sort of sketch/prank thing.

Elle definitely seemed fake but idk about Dodie, her reactions seemed genuine to me and she’s not a good enough actress to throw in all the body language. Look at the way she’s standing when she’s waiting for them to announce the prom queen, with her arm wrapped around her back awkwardly and sort of shuffling back and forth. That doesn’t look like something Dodie would come up with if she was acting, it looks almost subconsciously done.

The awkward prom pictures did look like it was a sketch that Dodie was a part of but damn, the video just really seems like a prank on her.

buzzybee83
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by buzzybee83 »

Hi, I'm new here.

Has anybody seen the post on her instagram story referring to depression as "comforting"???
I've watched her for maybe 5 years and have tried to ignore every problematic thing she's done, but as someone with MH issues, I feel she's gone too far. Glorifying depression to her younger viewers is ridiculous.
If her depression is the "source of her creativity" or comforting then I want the type she has :rofl:

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

^ ugh she drives me up a wall with that shit. and the selfie she posted before it saying “i woke up DEPRESSEEEED” or whatever :roll: it’s her “I’m depressed today” video all over again.

Edit: ignore this, thought it was the most recent thread

buzzybee83
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by buzzybee83 »

buzzybee83 wrote:Hi, I'm new here.

Has anybody seen the post on her instagram story referring to depression as "comforting"???
I've watched her for maybe 5 years and have tried to ignore every problematic thing she's done, but as someone with MH issues, I feel she's gone too far. Glorifying depression to her younger viewers is ridiculous.
If her depression is the "source of her creativity" or comforting then I want the type she has :rofl:
oops thought this was most recent

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Return to “DoddleOddle/ Dodie Clark”