DoddleOddle / Dodie Clark 2

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DoddleOddle / Dodie Clark 2

Post by aaa123 »

I’m glad she’s starting to go to therapy regularly, but there’s no need to post about it every damn time you have an appointment. it just seems like a way for her to reinforce her mental illness branding in a way that she’s less likely to be called out for.

also, why was she encouraging one of her followers to overexaggerate their symptoms and cry for dramatic effect when they go to the doctor? is dodie really still that annoyed that she didn’t have gallstones? :roll: no wonder her antidepressant dose was so high when she had them. I kind of figured it was because she overexaggerated and begged for a higher dose, and seeing those tweets makes me believe it even more.

Silent Q
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silent Q »

aaa123 wrote:also, why was she encouraging one of her followers to overexaggerate their symptoms and cry for dramatic effect when they go to the doctor? is dodie really still that annoyed that she didn’t have gallstones? :roll: no wonder her antidepressant dose was so high when she had them. I kind of figured it was because she overexaggerated and begged for a higher dose, and seeing those tweets makes me believe it even more.

Yeah, this made me so angry. This is one of the reasons people in actual severe pain don’t get taken seriously. This is something that drug addicts do to get narcotics. This is what doctors think women are doing when they actually have severe period cramps and are told they’re overreacting/being dramatic and need to suck it up. Ughhhh

sayingRAD247
Learner
Learner

Post by sayingRAD247 »

God she's stupid

/pointless post

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

This child needs to get away from social media (and I say child because she is not an adult, nothing in her says adult)
-english is not my first language-

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

so she’s spending all of january in LA, I can’t wait for an entire month of overdramatic “I love america so much!!1” posts :roll: and I highly doubt she’ll actually stick to posting a video every day that month but we’ll see I guess, maybe she’ll actually follow through this time

clarbrook
Learner
Learner

Post by clarbrook »

I find it ridiculous how she thinks shes capable of posting everyday for month when for the only activity she's had in the past 3 months was posting 3 videos on her vlog channel and nothing on her main channel

Rose57
Informer
Informer

Post by Rose57 »

Silent Q wrote:
aaa123 wrote:also, why was she encouraging one of her followers to overexaggerate their symptoms and cry for dramatic effect when they go to the doctor? is dodie really still that annoyed that she didn’t have gallstones? :roll: no wonder her antidepressant dose was so high when she had them. I kind of figured it was because she overexaggerated and begged for a higher dose, and seeing those tweets makes me believe it even more.

Yeah, this made me so angry. This is one of the reasons people in actual severe pain don’t get taken seriously. This is something that drug addicts do to get narcotics. This is what doctors think women are doing when they actually have severe period cramps and are told they’re overreacting/being dramatic and need to suck it up. Ughhhh
that is the kind of behavior you see regular at a hospital when someone is addicted to painkillers.... no one should exaggerate their symptoms. doctors are really good at asking the RIGHT questions in order to fully understand what a patient needs. encouraging this type of behavior is DEPLORABLE i'm very disappointed that she is soliciting any medical advice let alone such bad habits :(

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

shoshana89 wrote:
Silent Q wrote:

Yeah, and if you have to lie to get a dignosis .. guess what .. maybe you aren't that ill? She is so stupid. I hardly ever call someone that but she is so harmfully-stupid.

that is the kind of behavior you see regular at a hospital when someone is addicted to painkillers.... no one should exaggerate their symptoms. doctors are really good at asking the RIGHT questions in order to fully understand what a patient needs. encouraging this type of behavior is DEPLORABLE i'm very disappointed that she is soliciting any medical advice let alone such bad habits :(

thejoker999
Debater
Debater

Post by thejoker999 »

I just find her so repetitive. I've stopped following her on snapchat as it's the same posts everyday. either her crying, zooming into things or saying how tired she is. It's getting really boring really fast. And she's hardly posted on youtube! I get if shes working on her music or whatever, but yeah, thats my two cents!

ello101
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ello101 »

thejoker999 wrote:I just find her so repetitive. I've stopped following her on snapchat as it's the same posts everyday. either her crying, zooming into things or saying how tired she is. It's getting really boring really fast. And she's hardly posted on youtube! I get if shes working on her music or whatever, but yeah, thats my two cents!
Don’t forget the high pitched squealing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YellowLadybird
Informer
Informer

Post by YellowLadybird »

thejoker999 wrote:I just find her so repetitive. I've stopped following her on snapchat as it's the same posts everyday. either her crying, zooming into things or saying how tired she is. It's getting really boring really fast. And she's hardly posted on youtube! I get if shes working on her music or whatever, but yeah, thats my two cents!
I feel so much better having unfollowed her on SM. I'm sorry but I don't need to see someone romanticising their MH issues and doing 300 ugly low face shots for no reason.

Also, doctors and nurses have plenty of ways to tell if someone is faking it for attention. It doesn't tend to endear you to anyone when there are lots of genuinely sick people there too.

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

YellowLadybird wrote:
I feel so much better having unfollowed her on SM. I'm sorry but I don't need to see someone romanticising their MH issues and doing 300 ugly low face shots for no reason.

Also, doctors and nurses have plenty of ways to tell if someone is faking it for attention. It doesn't tend to endear you to anyone when there are lots of genuinely sick people there too.
I'm a med student, almost doctor and I have rotated in the ER, one of the first questions we have to ask when someone gets in is "from one to ten, one being almost nothing and ten being the worst pain in the world how are you feeling?" We made jokes about the number of people who say 10 when they literally have no signs of pain, Dodie making a big deal of a little pain is something we hate, we truly working with people like that because they are also the ones that lash at us for not "doing" our job, I'm super curious to know what the doctors say from her.
-english is not my first language-

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

coffelatte wrote:
YellowLadybird wrote:

I'm a med student, almost doctor and I have rotated in the ER, one of the first questions we have to ask when someone gets in is "from one to ten, one being almost nothing and ten being the worst pain in the world how are you feeling?" We made jokes about the number of people who say 10 when they literally have no signs of pain, Dodie making a big deal of a little pain is something we hate, we truly working with people like that because they are also the ones that lash at us for not "doing" our job, I'm super curious to know what the doctors say from her.
she posted on snapchat last week or so that her therapist said he “liked her better when she was in a good mood” because she “was so much nicer”. that’s obviously a bit different from a doctor, but for a therapist to say that makes me think she’s probably pretty rude to doctors/psychiatrists/etc., probably because they never tell her what she wants to hear.

PocketPLocket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocketPLocket »

She posted a new song. What do we think?

[youtube][/youtube]

wuki
Lurker
Lurker

Post by wuki »

I actually really like her new song, it's soo nice to see her actually singing and not whispering.
Not a native English speaker, sorry !

archived
Informer
Informer

Post by archived »

I loved the song, it is one of the best songs I think she has written actually. But at the same time I absolutely hate it. I hate it because I know a song like that could only come from the bottom of her heart and it hurts for me to hear her sing those words when I know she means every word she says. It isn't just a song, it is a way for her to communicate how she feels and it breaks my heart.
yeehaw partner

Alabamalightningbang
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Alabamalightningbang »

I really liked thats shes singing in her lower register and belting in this song. It felt very raw.

acceber26
Lurker
Lurker

Post by acceber26 »

For anyone that wants to get a little bit annoyed: https://www.bigissue.com/interviews/dod ... on-people/

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

acceber26 wrote:For anyone that wants to get a little bit annoyed: https://www.bigissue.com/interviews/dod ... on-people/
this article really proves she knows nothing about actually taking care of her mental health (as if there wasn’t tons of proof already)
“she’s tried a number of treatments, but nothing has had any impact yet, and she is wary of anti-depressants. “All those chemicals to stop me feeling things – not great if you’re a writer. So I look for ways to really take in and process even the most unhappy experiences. I want to feel the bad stuff, even when it really hurts, because it proves to me I’m still here.””
:roll: god I can’t fucking stand this shit from her. “oh no! the ChEMicAlS! but getting shitfaced all the time is completely fine even though I know it makes me feel terrible! teehee I’m just a quirky writer who needs attention and refuses to get treatment because I love getting sympathy from teenagers too much!! I’m SUCH a great role model!”

onetruetrash

Post by onetruetrash »

acceber26 wrote:For anyone that wants to get a little bit annoyed: https://www.bigissue.com/interviews/dod ... on-people/
Did she really make them not capitalize her name? Dodie Clark, breaking the laws of the English language for the sake of an aesthetic since 2017.

Return to “DoddleOddle/ Dodie Clark”