DoddleOddle / Dodie Clark

clarbrook
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DoddleOddle / Dodie Clark

Post by clarbrook »

she must be really fuckin desperate if she's begging a gossip form for forgiveness lmao. I can't with this girl

ColourlessGreenIdeas
Informer
Informer

Post by ColourlessGreenIdeas »

That's why I put "apology" in scare quotes in my last post, lol. If she really meant it, she wouldn't be coming here to defend herself. She should just accept that she messed up, and try to move on.

Basically, if she moves on, then I will too.

polarbearninja
Informer
Informer

Post by polarbearninja »

I don't know if Dodie would really have time to be coming on here. Not around sitc time anyway. Lucy maybe.

ColourlessGreenIdeas
Informer
Informer

polarbearninja wrote:I don't know if Dodie would really have time to be coming on here. Not around sitc time anyway. Lucy maybe.
True, but sitc started on August 4th - those accounts posted here on August 3rd.

I get that she probably had to do sound checks and set stuff up before sitc officially started, but it wouldn't have taken very long for her to just pull out her phone or her laptop and quickly write those two posts on here. 5-10 minutes to write them, maybe. Possibly a bit longer to set up an account, but I couldn't imagine it taking longer than an hour. She probably wouldn't have been as busy on the day before sitc started than she was during August 4th - 6th; so it could still be possible, I think.

polarbearninja
Informer
Informer

Post by polarbearninja »

ColourlessGreenIdeas wrote:
polarbearninja wrote:I don't know if Dodie would really have time to be coming on here. Not around sitc time anyway. Lucy maybe.
True, but sitc started on August 4th - those accounts posted here on August 3rd.

I get that she probably had to do sound checks and set stuff up before sitc officially started, but it wouldn't have taken very long for her to just pull out her phone or her laptop and quickly write those two posts on here. 5-10 minutes to write them, maybe. Possibly a bit longer to set up an account, but I couldn't imagine it taking longer than an hour. She probably wouldn't have been as busy on the day before sitc started than she was during August 4th - 6th; so it could still be possible, I think.
Not saying it's not possible I just don't really think it's something that would be on her mind to do at that time. If I knew she had not much else on then I'd think maybe.. because it is the kind of thing you'd check when you're not doing much else. I don't see her taking the time to post when she was busy prepping for sitc when she could have done so at any other time.

There are a lot of die hard dodie fans it could easily just be one of them. Or one of dodies friends.

Monster_Guru33
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Monster_Guru33 »

Has anyone considered going to SITC? I've often thought about it, but watching Dodie's vlog about it, it seems too squeaky clean happy for my taste.

tarian
Learner
Learner

Post by tarian »

I think that many smaller YouTubers, more specifically British YouTubers tend love SITC more than Vidcon or Playlist because they get the attention or adoring fans they would not get at Vidcon since they do not have as many fans in the States. There is a stark difference in how Dodie and Lucy talk about SITC compared to Vidcon, almost as if they are finally being recognized for the amazing content creators they are. At Vidcon they constantly complain about how no one takes them seriously or how YouTube is not about views and subscribers but about 'art', or whatever else they can come up to justify their frustration with the lack of attention. Over the years Vidcon has tried to level the playing field for all content creators but it does not seem like it is enough for YouTubers. Dodie and her crew of friends are the biggest complainers about how badly the industry is treating them without realizing how little the requirement is for them to be successful on YouTube but are just disillusioned by the whole process. I just see it as laziness tbh.

Post by Guest »

Something that's frustrated me quite a bit is that Dodie did apologise over the whole mental health thing, but she did it over two videos. Was it really necessary? Probably not.

bigdaddycates
Learner
Learner

Post by bigdaddycates »

hi! i'm new to this thread and never thought to check dodie's gg. but has anyone noticed that her and Jon Cozart don't follow each other on instagram or twitter anymore? i'm kinda surprised tbh

thejoker999
Debater
Debater

Post by thejoker999 »

Monster_Guru33 wrote:Has anyone considered going to SITC? I've often thought about it, but watching Dodie's vlog about it, it seems too squeaky clean happy for my taste.
I personally would not because it feels very much an "us and them" feel. Plus all the tweens would make me feel very out of place, since I am a creative person who wants to hear very specific advice from the successful YouTubers one on one, not a panel where generic questions are asked. I also despise how the meet and greets are done, I know for a fact the creators want more from their meet and greets than a hug, quick signing and a selfie.
Who remembers ages ago when Zoe did that "meet and greet" where she went around groups of people on tables and sat and chatted with everyone for a good amount of time? I WISH it was more like that.

wolfgutscharlie

Post by wolfgutscharlie »

Monster_Guru33 wrote:Has anyone considered going to SITC? I've often thought about it, but watching Dodie's vlog about it, it seems too squeaky clean happy for my taste.
I went to SITC and it was for the most part, awful. I only went on one day (Saturday) and I'm glad I didn't go any other days. The only good part of it was meeting my friends/Savannah Brown (which the meet and greets are awful- I met her at her merch stall). I had a panic attack halfway through a meet and greet line because there was at LEAST 1000 people in that room alone (and the 'panic attack helpers' didn't bother helping).

Some people, the ones who were queuing in Dodie's queue who were basically at the front waited 2 AND A HALF HOURS to meet her. And because she felt bad, she spent like 5 minutes with each person. :roll:

It gets boring a lot of the time as you're mostly queuing for things and if you miss a panel by 2 minutes, they don't let you in.

Let's not even get into to youtubers who were banned (Dan and Phil) from going there, it wasn't just them but other people that the creator (Tom Burns- who I met) doesn't like personally.

I bought some unofficial merch but apart from that- no. If you can see straight through Youtube and it's bullshit don't bother going- you're not guaranteed to meet anyone and you'll have a bunch of tweens being extremely embarrassing in front of youtubers.

It's not squeaky clean, it's just really unorganised and hot and boring and if you aren't a brainwashed fan you won't enjoy it.

archived
Informer
Informer

Post by archived »

Should we make a part 2 now, this topic is getting quite long...
yeehaw partner

kotori
Talker
Talker

Post by kotori »

bigdaddycates wrote:hi! i'm new to this thread and never thought to check dodie's gg. but has anyone noticed that her and Jon Cozart don't follow each other on instagram or twitter anymore? i'm kinda surprised tbh
i mean they broke up, its not that surprising tbh. i dont follow my exes either

stan loona

ColourlessGreenIdeas
Informer
Informer

bigdaddycates wrote:hi! i'm new to this thread and never thought to check dodie's gg. but has anyone noticed that her and Jon Cozart don't follow each other on instagram or twitter anymore? i'm kinda surprised tbh
Yeah, they unfollowed each other a few months back. Dodie kind of talked about it in a video on doddlevloggle back in May (it's titled "ow", just in case you don't know which video I'm talking about), but never specifically said that it was Jon, so basically nobody knows what's going on haha (but most people seem to think she was talking about Jon, because she spent a lot of time hanging out with him before that, and since uploading the video they haven't done any collabs or mentioned each other or anything).
archived wrote:Should we make a part 2 now, this topic is getting quite long...
I agree, we're on page 50 already. Do we need to speak to a mod or something? Because other people mentioned making a part 2 a few pages back, and nothing happened...

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

Did she put blush on her nose? She is literally a tumblr caricature.

wolfgutscharlie

Post by wolfgutscharlie »

HippoFriend wrote:Did she put blush on her nose? She is literally a tumblr caricature.
Doesn't simply_kenna do that? Dodie needs to keep herself AWAY from her.

popscene
Learner
Learner

Post by popscene »

i made a new thread!!
continue here viewtopic.php?f=186&t=32705
sorry if i make any mistakes, english is not my first language :^)

Return to “DoddleOddle/ Dodie Clark”