DoddleOddle / Dodie Clark - Part 4

bcfc999
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Re: DoddleOddle / Dodie Clark - Part 4

Post by bcfc999 »

I lurk here but don't think I've ever actually posted, and I just wanted to thank you guys because I found Hannah through here. She's such a breath of fresh air with the videos she creates and her online presence is really honest and yet still positive. Maybe dodie should've been taking notes.

PocketPLocket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by PocketPLocket »

drwatson wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:06 pm
PocketPLocket wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:18 am
Imagine if she could write a song that wasn't about her being a victim.
yes notice how she hasn't written a song about cheating on someone yet...
Even if she did it would probably be along the lines of "I'm so fucked up, I'm so beautifully crazy and I ruin everything because I'm so passionate and care so much about love"

Post by Guest »

SummerRunaway wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:18 pm
(First time poster! Hello!!!)
I was already so iffy on liking Dodie after the incident with drunk Elle Mills, but her (most likely) cheating on Hannah did it for me. I rolled my eyes when I saw her posts with Adam because I immediately had a feeling she was already dating him. I can never look at a cheater the same, so I don't really feel sympathetic towards her anymore, especially with her "I'm sO qUiRky anD sAd" posts. I used to make posts like that way back then (oh wow, coincidentally when I was really into Dodie haha) and I cringe anytime I remember it. But when I saw her Just Fine videvideo on my yt feed, I groaned. I immediately thought "They broke up, huh".

Part of me feels bad for feeling apathetic towards Dodie, but another part honestly feels like she needs to just not date (for a while), doubly so if she thinks her cheating was okay or something she can just do and sweep under the rug with no regard to who she cheated on (Hannah). If she can't do long distance, find someone where you live who doesn't go across the world often. I think long distance CAN work, but there's still a lot of effort and patience that's needed from both parties. While I detest Dodie's "quirky sadness", I can understand her difficulty with long distance since I know I can't handle it (mainly because of cheaters + what dodie did), but she knowingly cheated and swept it under the rug and never addressed anything about it apart from her vague insta story posts about long distance. I really wish I could just enjoy her content like I used to but she just makes it hard for me to not flip flop between liking her and tolerating her.

Also I meant to post this earlier but got really busy so by the time I continued typing, Dodie posted her "shadow nudes". It didnt register with me who it was when I only glimpsed at the picture but not the user and I still thought "this is dodie isn't it". I sighed when I was right, and if I hadn't unfollowed Hazel a long time ago I would've assumed it was her. I don't know, it just caught me offguard since dodie has a young-ish audience (I'm all for the freedom to post what you like but it's still something to consider with some things she posts).

Sorry but what drunk incident I am also new

Oh my sea
Learner
Learner

Post by Oh my sea »

BlueGiraffe wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:01 pm
Illogic_ally wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:50 am
coffelatte wrote:Is she currently living with Hazel? Or is she leaving her place to visit her that breaks the whole point of isolation?
I’m pretty sure she lives with Dan now, I’m assuming Hazel and Jack moved in together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hazel is actually living with Stevie Boebi, who used to date Dodie...
I don't know how true this is as I can't see to find anything online that explicitly confirms it but I don't think Hazel and jack are together any more as they no longer live together. Hazel mentioned as well in a recent video when talking about her sexuality that she had been in three long term relationships all with men, so going by the phrasing used I'm assuming she is single. Also, Stevie was planning to use the room at Hazel's as a base for her travels around Europe but is currently isolating with Josie. So Dodie is most likely staying in Stevie's room at Hazel's and with Dan having the flat to himself.

Rosie-posie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Rosie-posie »

R_ming wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:45 am
SummerRunaway wrote: (First time poster! Hello!!!)
I was already so iffy on liking Dodie after the incident with drunk Elle Mills, but her (most likely) cheating on Hannah did it for me. I rolled my eyes when I saw her posts with Adam because I immediately had a feeling she was already dating him. I can never look at a cheater the same, so I don't really feel sympathetic towards her anymore, especially with her "I'm sO qUiRky anD sAd" posts. I used to make posts like that way back then (oh wow, coincidentally when I was really into Dodie haha) and I cringe anytime I remember it. But when I saw her Just Fine videvideo on my yt feed, I groaned. I immediately thought "They broke up, huh".

Part of me feels bad for feeling apathetic towards Dodie, but another part honestly feels like she needs to just not date (for a while), doubly so if she thinks her cheating was okay or something she can just do and sweep under the rug with no regard to who she cheated on (Hannah). If she can't do long distance, find someone where you live who doesn't go across the world often. I think long distance CAN work, but there's still a lot of effort and patience that's needed from both parties. While I detest Dodie's "quirky sadness", I can understand her difficulty with long distance since I know I can't handle it (mainly because of cheaters + what dodie did), but she knowingly cheated and swept it under the rug and never addressed anything about it apart from her vague insta story posts about long distance. I really wish I could just enjoy her content like I used to but she just makes it hard for me to not flip flop between liking her and tolerating her.

Also I meant to post this earlier but got really busy so by the time I continued typing, Dodie posted her "shadow nudes". It didnt register with me who it was when I only glimpsed at the picture but not the user and I still thought "this is dodie isn't it". I sighed when I was right, and if I hadn't unfollowed Hazel a long time ago I would've assumed it was her. I don't know, it just caught me offguard since dodie has a young-ish audience (I'm all for the freedom to post what you like but it's still something to consider with some things she posts).

Okay I don’t know all of it off the top of my head, but a few years ago at playlist(2018 I think) dodie, Elle and Evan maybe a couple others were drinking. It wouldn’t have been a problem but Elle was 19 at the time and wasn’t legally able to drink in Florida. They were like right drunk and ended up having a meet and great by the pool of the hotel, and dodie and Elle ended up kissing each other. It was a dangerous situation for everyone to be in, and to put their fans in because it was late at night and they were running around a pool. None of them seemed to see why it was an issue or that it wasn’t something to document online, I think a bit more happened, it was talked about in the third thread around page 16.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

Rosie-posie wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:04 pm
Okay I don’t know all of it off the top of my head, but a few years ago at playlist(2018 I think) dodie, Elle and Evan maybe a couple others were drinking. It wouldn’t have been a problem but Elle was 19 at the time and wasn’t legally able to drink in Florida. They were like right drunk and ended up having a meet and great by the pool of the hotel, and dodie and Elle ended up kissing each other. It was a dangerous situation for everyone to be in, and to put their fans in because it was late at night and they were running around a pool. None of them seemed to see why it was an issue or that it wasn’t something to document online, I think a bit more happened, it was talked about in the third thread around page 16.
Elle also peed her pants that night, and Dodie posted it all over her IG laughing at her about it. Also at this time Elle had a pretty big crush on Dodie and made a whole video about it.

ephemeral_ardor
Learner
Learner

Post by ephemeral_ardor »

it's quite ironic that dodie made a video about social isolating in someone else's house lol
with love, bitch :love2:

Post by Guest »

Rosie-posie wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:04 pm
R_ming wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:45 am
SummerRunaway wrote: (First time poster! Hello!!!)

Thanks for explaining

drwatson
Lurker
Lurker

Post by drwatson »

PocketPLocket wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:35 am
drwatson wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:06 pm
PocketPLocket wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:18 am
Imagine if she could write a song that wasn't about her being a victim.
yes notice how she hasn't written a song about cheating on someone yet...
Even if she did it would probably be along the lines of "I'm so fucked up, I'm so beautifully crazy and I ruin everything because I'm so passionate and care so much about love"
genuinely *lolled* at this

hhqlaq
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hhqlaq »

Does she feel the need to document everything going on in her life? Yesterday she posted an instagram story showing Hazel cutting her nails 🙄

lizzzziiiiieeeee
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lizzzziiiiieeeee »

just clicked onto her new video, does she know how to brush her own hair?

Ness
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ness »

Copypasted from her video description:

this is a demo for ALOSIAAAA y'all are going to get about 5 - 10 unfinished songs this month! for no reason other than boredom lol

There is absolutely no way we are going to get 10 demos this month. There is nothing that could change my mind on that, other than Dodie actually releasing 10 demos.

Post by Guest »

dodie for the love of god please do your hair it does not cute. it's just super messy. also, the dancing (??) she was doing in that video was just... awkward. it felt like she was going for the super exaggerated dramatic movements in a kinda campy way, but it just reminded me of when i would lipsync in front of the mirror as a kid and thought i was the next britney spears...

Post by Guest »

Long time lurker, I'm not sure if I embedded these images right as this is my first time posting but anyway here's Dodie going off at her fans for being curious about who she was living with.

Divoka
Learner
Learner

Post by Divoka »

uglyrat wrote: Image

Long time lurker, I'm not sure if I embedded these images right as this is my first time posting but anyway here's Dodie going off at her fans for being curious about who she was living with.
It didnt work but I'd love to see those screenshots.

bcfc999
Learner
Learner

Post by bcfc999 »

I actually cringed at her reaction to Rose and Rose's announcement of their miscarriage. "agh </3 sending all my love" why the text broken heart as if she's 13? This isn't your best friend at secondary school telling you theyre staying off school sick, it's serious and horrible. Her words are fine (I mean I have some thoughts about 'agh' but I suppose it's only marginally worse than 'omg') but I can't get past the little broken heart. It screams 'teenage emo don't take me seriously.'

awkward_human_being
Learner
Learner

Post by awkward_human_being »

Divoka wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:04 am
uglyrat wrote: Image

It didnt work but I'd love to see those screenshots.
https://imgur.com/a/Hg8YjER

https://imgur.com/a/dYemja4

https://imgur.com/a/qXEdfyr
So many typos I'M SORRY

Post by Guest »

Holy shit her answer to that innocent comment is so c*nty !!!!
what's going on with her.. you can just tell people that you don't necessarily need to clarify everything about your life without being a dick about it
she's so far up her own ass...
how dare her fans be worried about her ??? no one was even gossiping !
we're in the middle of a global pandemic and that's what she's getting mad at ?

forgetourmothers
Stalker
Stalker

Post by forgetourmothers »

another long time lurker here, but has anyone seen the video on twitter of her duetting with matt lucas? i honestly dont know how much longer she’s going to be able to hide behind the whole cutesy-quirky-quiet thing. when are people going to start realising she really.. does not have any power behind her voice at all? the only “singing” she ever does is whisper quiet and requires straining to actually hear it. it gets so tiring.

Post by Guest »

Volumnia wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:17 pm
Holy shit her answer to that innocent comment is so c*nty !!!!
what's going on with her.. you can just tell people that you don't necessarily need to clarify everything about your life without being a dick about it
she's so far up her own ass...
how dare her fans be worried about her ??? no one was even gossiping !
we're in the middle of a global pandemic and that's what she's getting mad at ?
Sorry, I've never tried quoting before and made a real mess of it!!

But yeah, I can't believe she'd be so rude to her and Hazel's fans like. Are you trying to alienate yourself from your following as much as possible?

Return to “DoddleOddle/ Dodie Clark”