good call. :tu:

HearMeRoar
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hobbie Stuart Part 3

Post by HearMeRoar »

Thanks all - wild4thenight was right to suggest taking out her name. It will still appear in google searches but it won't be as easy anymore.

thisismyorange
Learner
Learner

Post by thisismyorange »

Which tweet by Hobbie do people keep referring to?

HearMeRoar
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HearMeRoar »

thisismyorange wrote:Which tweet by Hobbie do people keep referring to?
This one:

[tweet][/tweet]

newtoyou
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by newtoyou »

Quoting your post from the last thread @hearmeroar
Double post (again - sorrry!) Also I understand people probably think I have nothing better to do but I am currently at my 2nd job which is an unpaid internship which I HATE... so this is my form of escape to talk to other people, etc.

I just finished watching the video and I have a number of thoughts! If the video is by one of you guys, who posts here then that's fine :) But if it was a lurker or someone just trying to get fame from this issue ... I dunno.

So my first thought is why did she even make this video...She complains about the situation being played by the media circus and all the nasty gossip sites talking about it but then makes a half hour video about it - doesn't exactly add up there. Her first part of the video is taking the moral high road etc but then later in the video, she uploads footage of Amy stating it was a suicide video to show in her own video.

She said that the scan and instagram stories were all from the same girl and that Hobbie found that out himself - or his friend did. No, his friend read here and the scans were from flickr, the stories were from instagram. She has clearly followed here closely but misinterpreted some stuff.

She did have a good point about the 'text me if you didn't get this' even though in the video she wouldn't be here anymore - again though, said by someone here!

She mentions the hospital reports were probably crisis intervention reports, which a member also suggested here. She also keeps posting and mentioning about gossip sites.

She then discusses the copyright claim and extremely recent events that we have been talking about.

Also discusses Hobbie's tweet and says how wrong it was of him yet she used some of Amy's footage to get her own views and what not.
Yeh it was a bit of an odd one because she was saying she thinks the whole issue should be kept offline, saying Hobbie was wrong with the condom tweet but then used a portion of Amy's video (which she's well aware has been taken down twice), and keeps the story going by posting a whole video about the issue.

Also she kept saying gossip sites (plural), but is any other site talking about it???

I guess she saw an opportunity to make a video detailing everything since hobbie's video, which no one has done yet, and ran with it.

Red Lips
Informer
Informer

Post by Red Lips »

As tinfoil-y as it sounds I am inclined to believe Amy has read and/or posted on here and has momentarily publicly released her video for this very audience (which is actually her most fateful one) because of the unusual amount of posters who have come forward indicating they were linked to the story, the cryptic posts pointing at "clues" (which reminded me of her instagram post about the making of her video: "the truth will come out"), the sheer timing of everything (some new facts/material coming out every time the thread is dying or stalling) and Amy doing exactly what most posters wrote about (not making her video public when she clearly was going to leading to the fact, saying it was the trauma from losing a -multiple?- child that made her act this way, etc.)

And I've not discussed it yet, but for me the fact she did not send the video to Hobby and Adam is very telling of the truthfulness of her version of the story.
Lamour88 wrote:
(3) Elisa and Mikka have "both" randomly been offline all day today.
I don't find it likely they are the same person, as they have posted different opinions on certain aspects. And while you didn't mention her, some people have speculated on Tonya being the same person as well but considering she has a very different writing style, I don't think so either.

(sorry for bringing up old subjects I seem to always fall behind on the discussion)

Countmysins
Talker
Talker

Post by Countmysins »

Every single time the forums starts to die down, a ‘family member or friend’ appears with information to get us talking again. Is no one else finding this suspicious?
"Maybe I am a total bitch, ever think about that?"

HearMeRoar
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HearMeRoar »

newtoyou wrote:Quoting your post from the last thread @hearmeroar
Double post (again - sorrry!) Also I understand people probably think I have nothing better to do but I am currently at my 2nd job which is an unpaid internship which I HATE... so this is my form of escape to talk to other people, etc.

I just finished watching the video and I have a number of thoughts! If the video is by one of you guys, who posts here then that's fine :) But if it was a lurker or someone just trying to get fame from this issue ... I dunno.

So my first thought is why did she even make this video...She complains about the situation being played by the media circus and all the nasty gossip sites talking about it but then makes a half hour video about it - doesn't exactly add up there. Her first part of the video is taking the moral high road etc but then later in the video, she uploads footage of Amy stating it was a suicide video to show in her own video.

She said that the scan and instagram stories were all from the same girl and that Hobbie found that out himself - or his friend did. No, his friend read here and the scans were from flickr, the stories were from instagram. She has clearly followed here closely but misinterpreted some stuff.

She did have a good point about the 'text me if you didn't get this' even though in the video she wouldn't be here anymore - again though, said by someone here!

She mentions the hospital reports were probably crisis intervention reports, which a member also suggested here. She also keeps posting and mentioning about gossip sites.

She then discusses the copyright claim and extremely recent events that we have been talking about.

Also discusses Hobbie's tweet and says how wrong it was of him yet she used some of Amy's footage to get her own views and what not.
Yeh it was a bit of an odd one because she was saying she thinks the whole issue should be kept offline, saying Hobbie was wrong with the condom tweet but then used a portion of Amy's video (which she's well aware has been taken down twice), and keeps the story going by posting a whole video about the issue.

Also she kept saying gossip sites (plural), but is any other site talking about it???

I guess she saw an opportunity to make a video detailing everything since hobbie's video, which no one has done yet, and ran with it.
Exactly - she seemed to be very back and forth with her own morals - if you believe it should be kept offline then why make a speculative video of it basically stealing all of the gossipers' here theories? Hobbie is getting millions of views so I think she just wanted to be included in this.

She kept saying gossip sites plural..true but I think she just was trying to not point one out in particular (us) to seem moral.
Oohthedrama_ wrote:
HearMeRoar wrote:Thanks all - wild4thenight was right to suggest taking out her name. It will still appear in google searches but it won't be as easy anymore.
If people want to read it they will and it’s there for us all. All threads are linked which is a good thing, I know if I was New I’d want all the information too!
Oh absolutely, people can still find it, it would just be great if it wasn't the first thing when you type her name in Google - maybe it won't change anything but it turns the attention off slightly on lurkers searching for something to snap up hahaha
Oohthedrama_ wrote: Really shocked she felt she had the right to use that in her own video..... I didn’t like her :rofl:
But I don’t like many people tbf :roll:
I also didn't like her at all. Seemed like one of those 'drama' channels like John Kuckian and all of those. Hope she is reading here :mock: She had a copyright thing up too for the video but I am sure it will get taken down since she is using Amy's suicide video which is down on all platforms now.

Ellen Ripley
Talker
Talker

Post by Ellen Ripley »

At first I thought the woman was a man in drag or a transexual and was going to ask which one of you 'fab' avatar owners made the video :rofl:

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Can we please stop referring to that video as a "suicide video"? :roll:

HearMeRoar
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HearMeRoar »

Lamour88 wrote:Can we please stop referring to that video as a "suicide video"? :roll:
I don't know if this is referring to everyone or my recent post where I said: "she uploads footage of Amy stating it was a suicide video to show in her own video." - I was stating what she calls it, not calling it myself.

Unsure on other posts but yeah. What else would you call the video? She calls it a suicide video herself - even if she didn't commit suicide, it was still her attempt at putting a video like that out there. An 'admission video' maybe?

conspiracy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by conspiracy »

I x2 my way through the video. The girl says something like 'some things are better kept off the internet' in reference to the whole of this situation. And yet she's making a vid about it? Like you said, she tried taking the moral high ground. Why did she make a video (which included screenshots and clips) if she thought it should be kept off the internet? Bit hypocritical. She's obvs been lurking and following the developments.

She focuses on Hobbie's new tweet in a real negative way but personally, I think the tweet is a very british response to what's happened. Better to laugh than cry lol.

HearMeRoar
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HearMeRoar »

conspiracy wrote:

I x2 my way through the video. The girl says something like 'some things are better kept off the internet' in reference to the whole of this situation. And yet she's making a vid about it? Like you said, she tried taking the moral high ground. Why did she make a video (which included screenshots and clips) if she thought it should be kept off the internet? Bit hypocritical. She's obvs been lurking and following the developments.

She focuses on Hobbie's new tweet in a real negative way but personally, I think the tweet is a very british response to what's happened. Better to laugh than cry lol.
Exactly, she also promoted it on Twitter which is what you do if you want traffic to your channel or blog. (I have a blog so I know..). Promoting it is worse. She definitely just wanted to cash in...I was kind of annoyed that she claimed some of the findings of our members as her own!

Also I agree - very british response! It was a typical 'lad' joke. It wasn't poking fun at her - I doubt he even watched the video!

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

I'm baffled by anyone who would take issue with that tweet, like... if anyone is allowed to laugh at the situation, it's Hobbie. Who is it supposed to be offensive to... Amy?! Lmao!

I mean it's not like it was referring to 'crazy people' or anything like that, if anything it was just about himself as his last tweets had been all about he was going to be a father. People are stupid.
Sometime in life you just have to laugh at things and it's good if he's at that stage.

clessidrae
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by clessidrae »

good call on leaving her name out of the new thread name btw

Inviato dal mio PRA-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

HearMeRoar
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HearMeRoar »

Lamour88 wrote:
I'm baffled by anyone who would take issue with that tweet, like... if anyone is allowed to laugh at the situation, it's Hobbie. Who is it supposed to be offensive to... Amy?! Lmao!

I mean it's not like it was referring to 'crazy people' or anything like that, if anything it was just about himself as his last tweets had been all about he was going to be a father. People are stupid.
Sometime in life you just have to laugh at things and it's good if he's at that stage.
I absolutely agree. I mean he probably knows more than anybody about this situation - including about her welfare. If he wants to lighten it up, he can lighten it up. A lot of people deal with situations with humour so let him be.

No offence to any of our US visitors here but I do think it was quite a snowflake, sensitive US person not getting British humour. (NOT CLAIMING ALL ARE LIKE THIS - I know a number of people who have issues with Brit humour simply from cultural differences - just to make that clear)

conspiracy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by conspiracy »

HearMeRoar wrote:Exactly, she also promoted it on Twitter which is what you do if you want traffic to your channel or blog. (I have a blog so I know..). Promoting it is worse. She definitely just wanted to cash in...I was kind of annoyed that she claimed some of the findings of our members as her own!

Also I agree - very british response! It was a typical 'lad' joke. It wasn't poking fun at her - I doubt he even watched the video!
I agree, I mean she's reading the "gossip sites" that she complains about and taking information from them to use in a video. If you are interested in the story and the gossip, then own it. It's what we are here on this site for.

Secretadmirer
Informer
Informer

Post by Secretadmirer »

I don't follow Hobbie on social media so that's the first I've seen of that tweet or whatever it was but I don't think he meant it nastily or anything, I think it's just a joke and like he's kinda making fun of himself. It definitely seems like proper 'guy humour' and the kind of thing a friend would give him as a joke or something he'd see and think was funny.

HearMeRoar
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HearMeRoar »

conspiracy wrote:
HearMeRoar wrote:Exactly, she also promoted it on Twitter which is what you do if you want traffic to your channel or blog. (I have a blog so I know..). Promoting it is worse. She definitely just wanted to cash in...I was kind of annoyed that she claimed some of the findings of our members as her own!

I agree, I mean she's reading the "gossip sites" that she complains about and taking information from them to use in a video. If you are interested in the story and the gossip, then own it. It's what we are here on this site for.
Yeah, it seems she wants to discredit us so nobody comes here s the information is all 'hers'. If she wanted to gossip, join us but don't make a video, trying get fame. Ugh.

Return to “Hobbie Stuart”