Hobbie Stuart

ittybittykitty
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hobbie Stuart

Post by ittybittykitty »

B92R2 wrote:First post so forgive me if I break rules. I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. I don’t think this is a case of BPD. I was best friends with a girl who did this, but with cancer... and carried it on for almost a year. It was horrific. I dropped her off at chemo and donated to her go fund me page. I lived with the girl for Christ’s sake and she had us all going.
The therapy that I’ve had to do since then has revealed more of a sociopathy diagnosis. I guarantee Amy will carry on with this.. it’s all a means to an end.. but trying to understand why is futile because normal people could never get into the mind of someone who would lie to this extent.

I really hope Hobbie receives all the help he needs to recover from this. It is horrific to be duped like this and I still feel crazy years later thinking about it.
I'm so sorry you had to go through that. It's truly baffling, I can't even begin to imagine the shock and hurt when the truth comes out. How did you find out?

girl++
Learner
Learner

Post by girl++ »

'I understand mental illness like the back of my hand' I wonder if she'd still state that today, I hope not.

Also, this question and answer might be relevant to what's happening:

some of your photos seem to be inspired by "Rosie Hardy" have anyone told you that before? and how do you feel when someone compare your work to somebody Else's?
In my second year of college (where I studied art) we got to do a project on whatever media we liked. I chose photography. I didn't know a lot about photography then, I had just purchased my own camera and downloaded photoshop. I had to find photographers to do Artist Research on and re-create images of. Rosie Hardy was one of the Photographers I chose. I recreated about 5 of her photos and regrettably put them online for my friends to see and never deleted them after I started to get into photography seriously. After that someone (anonymously) decided to make a hate website about me saying I copy all of her work and also went to lengths of making up and putting together photos pretending that I also copy what she writes. It was a pretty hard time for me then. I think after that I didn't really look at her work much anymore.
Luckily, I haven't had any in quite a while (saying that I probably will now) as I don't seem to mesh well with hate comments. I often ask myself why I bother responding to these hateful comments. My answer is that I often feel the need to justify myself, which isn’t exactly great. I just hate knowing that there are people out there who have the wrong idea, I’m always trying to explain myself.
My point is, though, why should some (normally) anonymous coward who’s simply trying to annoy you/hurt you, deserve any attention or explanation whatsoever, when they can’t even show their face, as if they’re perfect themselves? If everyone stopped replying to these losers, there’d be a lot less negativity on the internet. Most of them would give up. Basically, by replying you’re giving them what they want. By not replying, you’re making the world a little bit of a better place. I’m so sick of the internet being so full of hateful remarks.
It’s just so sneaky, you know? Like, they could be anyone. It could be someone who you regularly see in real life, and they’re super nice when they see you and don’t say a thing. To be fair, it’s probably not, it’s probably just some creeper who stalks you over the internet and hasn’t met you before, but still.
I think a lot of Rosie's work (like so many other photographers) is inspired by other work too somewhere along the lines. Nothing these days seems to be fully original. Everything is a copy of a copy. I don't mind too much if people compare my work to others anymore. Sometimes we are even unintentionally inspired by something. It's a crazy world.

I'm assuming this is the same Rosie Hardy who's friends with Hobbie and who was contacted/put out an insta story?

louisexo
Debater
Debater

Post by louisexo »

girl++ wrote:'I don't seem to mesh well with hate comments. I often ask myself why I bother responding to these hateful comments. My answer is that I often feel the need to justify myself, which isn’t exactly great. I just hate knowing that there are people out there who have the wrong idea, I’m always trying to explain myself.'
Oh my the irony!

hereforthegoss
Learner
Learner

Post by hereforthegoss »

girl++ wrote:'I understand mental illness like the back of my hand' I wonder if she'd still state that today, I hope not.

Also, this question and answer might be relevant to what's happening:

some of your photos seem to be inspired by "Rosie Hardy" have anyone told you that before? and how do you feel when someone compare your work to somebody Else's?
In my second year of college (where I studied art) we got to do a project on whatever media we liked. I chose photography. I didn't know a lot about photography then, I had just purchased my own camera and downloaded photoshop. I had to find photographers to do Artist Research on and re-create images of. Rosie Hardy was one of the Photographers I chose. I recreated about 5 of her photos and regrettably put them online for my friends to see and never deleted them after I started to get into photography seriously. After that someone (anonymously) decided to make a hate website about me saying I copy all of her work and also went to lengths of making up and putting together photos pretending that I also copy what she writes. It was a pretty hard time for me then. I think after that I didn't really look at her work much anymore.
Luckily, I haven't had any in quite a while (saying that I probably will now) as I don't seem to mesh well with hate comments. I often ask myself why I bother responding to these hateful comments. My answer is that I often feel the need to justify myself, which isn’t exactly great. I just hate knowing that there are people out there who have the wrong idea, I’m always trying to explain myself.
My point is, though, why should some (normally) anonymous coward who’s simply trying to annoy you/hurt you, deserve any attention or explanation whatsoever, when they can’t even show their face, as if they’re perfect themselves? If everyone stopped replying to these losers, there’d be a lot less negativity on the internet. Most of them would give up. Basically, by replying you’re giving them what they want. By not replying, you’re making the world a little bit of a better place. I’m so sick of the internet being so full of hateful remarks.
It’s just so sneaky, you know? Like, they could be anyone. It could be someone who you regularly see in real life, and they’re super nice when they see you and don’t say a thing. To be fair, it’s probably not, it’s probably just some creeper who stalks you over the internet and hasn’t met you before, but still.
I think a lot of Rosie's work (like so many other photographers) is inspired by other work too somewhere along the lines. Nothing these days seems to be fully original. Everything is a copy of a copy. I don't mind too much if people compare my work to others anymore. Sometimes we are even unintentionally inspired by something. It's a crazy world.

I'm assuming this is the same Rosie Hardy who's friends with Hobbie and who was contacted/put out an insta story?
There’s an interview with Rosie Hardy from around the same time in the links on the right hand side and it’s the same girl.

m00dychickx
Learner
Learner

Post by m00dychickx »

Oohthedrama_ wrote:Why don’t we call the new thread

Hobbie Stuart part 2 (feat: Amy Spanos)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Because we all know he only reached the fab 40 because of her! and it’s what we’re all here for :rofl:
yep! and his video is almost at 2million views now :-o

EDIT** is now over 2million views oh my god
Last edited by m00dychickx on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ittybittykitty
Informer
Informer

Post by ittybittykitty »

girl++ wrote: I'm assuming this is the same Rosie Hardy who's friends with Hobbie and who was contacted/put out an insta story?
Yes. Rosie is quite well known for her abstract surrealistic portraits, so a lot of fine art photographers have been inspired by her work through out the years. Adam Birdy himself, for example. I don't think she actually minds, but Amy is straight up admitting to copying her work in the beginning so I'm not surprised she received some flack for that tbh. I don't know the extent of this copying and we're only hearing it from Amy's side, so I'm sure there's more to this story lmao. If some unknown girl with no following copied (probably badly, in the beginning) four or five portraits, would people bother with the kind of "witch hunt" that Amy describes here? I'm not sure they would.

louisexo
Debater
Debater

Post by louisexo »

m00dychickx wrote:

Because we all know he only reached the fab 40 because of her! and it’s what we’re all here for :rofl:

Blimey! It was at 900k just yesterday!

louisexo
Debater
Debater

Post by louisexo »

Oohthedrama_ wrote:
louisexo wrote:
m00dychickx wrote:

Blimey! It was at 900k just yesterday!
I watched it twice :roll:
I recon Amy is approximately 1.2 million of those views :bhd: :bhd:

EDIT** 1.4 million, she’s been busy :rofl:
Probs constantly watching it and analysing it for any tiny thing that Hobbie said in it that she can use against him and she's coming up short :?

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Oohthedrama_ wrote:He might need a few therapy sessions because of her cray cray but she’s definitely lined his pockets with the view count alone!! :rofl:
He mentioned the video isn't monetized.

artemist
Talker
Talker

Post by artemist »

I definitely believe that there is a video coming, when that'll be though, is anyone's guess.

From what she's said on her Flickr about how she falls in love with people who don't know she exists and how she grasps at any thread she can find to entwine them together, I really think that this girl had some kind of crush on Hobbie, either before meeting him or after, and when they slept together she became somewhat infatuated with him, but he didn't want anything serious. Her saying she was pregnant was her "grasping at any thread". I think she thought that it would make him step up and give a relationship with her a try for the sake of the child, with the view of faking a miscarriage fairly early on, but instead he firstly tried to push for an abortion and then wanted to raise the child as separate, platonic parents. I think from there it just spiralled, maybe she felt she had to up the ante and thought that "losing" the children would bind them together and they'd magically drive off into the sunset together, forever bonded by this awful experience, but then she saw his videos about becoming a father and saw how excited he was and the dark side in her truly came out and she decided to hurt him for essentially rejecting her. She cuts him out and makes up this fictional reality where she'd had a child and taken it away, knowing how excited he was to be a dad.

Anyway, I think this all started with her sleeping with Hobbie and wanting more, and it gradually become more and more tangled as time went on. I'm not defending her, but I don't see this as an elaborate and deliberately thought out lie. It just got out of control in her pursuit of someone she was infatuated with for a time. She doesn't at all strike me as the type of girl who can sleep with someone with no strings attached. I feel awful for Hobbie because he has essentially very much just lost two children. Regardless of whether they truly existed or not, they existed to him and now they're gone. He bought clothes for them for Christ's sake. I think those who are anti-Hobbie in this thread aren't truly grasping how much of a mind fuck that must be.

That's just my two cents. I can't wait for the video. :D

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou »

ittybittykitty wrote:
girl++ wrote: I'm assuming this is the same Rosie Hardy who's friends with Hobbie and who was contacted/put out an insta story?
Yes. Rosie is quite well known for her abstract surrealistic portraits, so a lot of fine art photographers have been inspired by her work through out the years. Adam Birdy himself, for example. I don't think she actually minds, but Amy is straight up admitting to copying her work in the beginning so I'm not surprised she received some flack for that tbh. I don't know the extent of this copying and we're only hearing it from Amy's side, so I'm sure there's more to this story lmao. If some unknown girl with no following copied (probably badly, in the beginning) four or five portraits, would people bother with the kind of "witch hunt" that Amy describes here? I'm not sure they would.
She probably made the “hate” website herself for attention

Ellen Ripley
Talker
Talker

Post by Ellen Ripley »

I don't believe a word of her Rosie Hardy story.

I wonder if she had to hustle a lot for him to sleep with her or if he's the type to boink anything with a pulse. A good looking guy, YT famous at that, has tons of hot girls throwing themselves at him. I mean they're all over his social media. Does GG know of any gf/fling?
I find her ugly and generally unattractive, even her voice is off-putting. Hey Gabbie if you're reading this, maybe there's hope for you :tu:

xoxo_24689
Informer
Informer

Post by xoxo_24689 »

Oohthedrama_ wrote:
Ellen Ripley wrote:I don't believe a word of her Rosie Hardy story.

I wonder if she had to hustle a lot for him to sleep with her or if he's the type to boink anything with a pulse. A good looking guy, YT famous at that, has tons of hot girls throwing themselves at him. I mean they're all over his social media. Does GG know of any gf/fling?
I find her ugly and generally unattractive, even her voice is off-putting. Hey Gabbie if you're reading this, maybe there's hope for you :tu:
He’s made a mistake with one crazy woman!!!
If he hooks up with gabby he’s just asking for trouble :rofl:
“Fool me once shame on you,
Fool me twice......”
Gabby's probably just upset that she can't use the babies for views now that it turns out they don't exist. She was dropping hints about a friend having babies before he'd even announced it (and lets be real, she doesn't have many friends), then vlogged herself shopping for the babies after the announcement. She'd probs convinced herself that she could play the auntie or step-mom role :rofl:
i talk too much, sry

julyjulyjuly
Learner
Learner

Post by julyjulyjuly »

Ellen Ripley wrote:I don't believe a word of her Rosie Hardy story.

I actually have some insight on the "hate website" thing- I was super into the tumblr/flickr photography scene when we were all younger (like 2010-2014). I was pretty close with Rosie Hardy/her boyfriend at the time/ a few others with very similar portrait styles (Alex Stoddard, Karrah Kobus, etc). I wouldn't doubt if the website thing were true, as that kind of copycat call-out blog was pretty popular at the time. I doubt it was a website, though- I'd be surprised if it were anything more than a Tumblr post that made its rounds around the community for a week. Rosie herself is sweet as can be and has never (to my knowledge) been petty or rude to anyone. She has her own stuff going on and was pretty detached from the drama the rest of us got sucked into, haha.

Note: I haven't talked to any of those people in YEARS and have never interacted with Adam Bird/Amy/etc. Not coming here claiming to be BFF's with anyone involved!

sloth
Learner
Learner

Post by sloth »

Baeonce wrote:In 2012 she did an interview with some blog and look what I have found.

Here’s the link to the blog http://reemwrites.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0 ... w.html?m=1

God she is emo as fuck!! How old is she?!

HearMeRoar
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HearMeRoar »

2 million views... my god. This has definitely become a whole Dr. Phil/Jeremy Kyle show. We should put them on there and get them both to take a lie detector test, only way we'll really know what happened.

I am started to wonder if all of Hobbie's things add up a little too well but when you think of it, that's how major lies work - everything just fits together once you find the truth.

Keep waking up in the morning, checking for a video. She's just trying to bait us.

Nice to see Hobbie post an instagram.

snowsparkles
Learner
Learner

Post by snowsparkles »

artemist wrote:I definitely believe that there is a video coming, when that'll be though, is anyone's guess.

From what she's said on her Flickr about how she falls in love with people who don't know she exists and how she grasps at any thread she can find to entwine them together, I really think that this girl had some kind of crush on Hobbie, either before meeting him or after, and when they slept together she became somewhat infatuated with him, but he didn't want anything serious. Her saying she was pregnant was her "grasping at any thread". I think she thought that it would make him step up and give a relationship with her a try for the sake of the child, with the view of faking a miscarriage fairly early on, but instead he firstly tried to push for an abortion and then wanted to raise the child as separate, platonic parents. I think from there it just spiralled, maybe she felt she had to up the ante and thought that "losing" the children would bind them together and they'd magically drive off into the sunset together, forever bonded by this awful experience, but then she saw his videos about becoming a father and saw how excited he was and the dark side in her truly came out and she decided to hurt him for essentially rejecting her. She cuts him out and makes up this fictional reality where she'd had a child and taken it away, knowing how excited he was to be a dad.

Anyway, I think this all started with her sleeping with Hobbie and wanting more, and it gradually become more and more tangled as time went on. I'm not defending her, but I don't see this as an elaborate and deliberately thought out lie. It just got out of control in her pursuit of someone she was infatuated with for a time. She doesn't at all strike me as the type of girl who can sleep with someone with no strings attached. I feel awful for Hobbie because he has essentially very much just lost two children. Regardless of whether they truly existed or not, they existed to him and now they're gone. He bought clothes for them for Christ's sake. I think those who are anti-Hobbie in this thread aren't truly grasping how much of a mind fuck that must be.

I think there is some truth in this, and that Hobie now suspects the same. He said something in his video that stood out to me, when he said "I believed the decision to keep our relationship platonic and friendly was a mutual one" . It says to me that she mentioned something to him about not wanting it to be platonic, or it would be an odd thing for him to say.
25+++++++++++ and proud.

Secretadmirer
Informer
Informer

Post by Secretadmirer »

Totally agree, she didn’t go out looking for someone to fake a pregnancy with. She obviously really liked Hobbie and was maybe hurt that he didn’t see her as anything more than a one night stand so to kinda keep him interested this whole lie started and it just got out of control. She obviously didn’t know when to stop and let go.

Just to edit and add - that kinda sounds like I’m making excuses for her, I’m not but I’m trying to make sense of it all cause it’s still all so crazy to me!

Wombat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wombat »

artemist wrote:I definitely believe that there is a video coming, when that'll be though, is anyone's guess.

This would be my suspicion. I can imagine someone desperate for affection and attention waking up the morning after, full of dreams of happily ever after, realising that their sexual partner is mostly after a taxi home. Says she's pregnant, gets a reaction she didn't expect, retreats to lick her wounds. Tries again, thinking they'll bond over the pregnancy and get together, then she can fake a miscarriage and they'll bond even more over the loss. As time goes on and she's got no relationship or sign of returned affection, desperation sinks in and she's run out of time to miscarry without going through stillbirth, her lies are unraveling around her and she's still got no relationship to boast from the experience.

I'd imagine right now she'll be feeling a hideous mixture of emotions - anger at being exposed, crippling sadness at whatever life she imagined resulting being "taken" from her, and rage that needs somewhere to project upon. We may well see her release a video as a means of projecting her anger onto Hobbie, as he may currently be the point of the storm she can focus on - he ruined everything, if he'd just gone with her plans none of this would have happened, it's all his fault.

Tonya
Learner
Learner

Post by Tonya »

Well i don't think that theories make very sense to be honest. He said in the video she contacted him 6 weeks after they were together so :? And they did not meet too much during time she was to be pregnant because she was not coming or not answering him. She could have more chances if she was more engaged with him but she was not from what he says. It sounds stupid but I think if that was her plan she could get pregnant with even dfferent guy if she was not pregnant with Hobbie at all and just tell him it's his child. But why twins :? it really does not make sense, it just makes a whole lie more difficult.

Return to “Hobbie Stuart”