Following.

wowwaz
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Casey Neistat, Part #2

Post by wowwaz »

following. He's such an arrogant asshole and nothing he's been doing is proving otherwise.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

What does Casey even do anymore? What even are his career goals? According to Casey, Beme is going to release short films/movies, internet content, etc. (he mentioned it all recently in a vlog, but I do not remember exactly what he said) but what's the point? Beme should have been axed when he realized it was dead and no one liked it. He makes vlogs but that is not a job or career builder.

It seems like Casey's current career boils down to two things:
- Beme (what does he even do for Beme?)
- Making vlogs

At least when Beme was an app and discussed on the vlog he was going to meetings for it and actually had quite a bit of work to do related to Beme. Now it's just speaking engagements and interviews. How do one million+ people still come back and watch every video he uploads? I have seen some comments on some recent videos and old ones about how they think the vlogs are boring and they prefer the older ones. I wish he would go back to making movies or even videos like his snowboarding videos (not another one of those specifically, but innovative content like it). It at least would show he is putting effort and time into his channel.

fantasy
Debater
Debater

Post by fantasy »

ItsAndrew wrote:What does Casey even do anymore? What even are his career goals? According to Casey, Beme is going to release short films/movies, internet content, etc. (he mentioned it all recently in a vlog, but I do not remember exactly what he said) but what's the point? Beme should have been axed when he realized it was dead and no one liked it. He makes vlogs but that is not a job or career builder.

It seems like Casey's current career boils down to two things:
- Beme (what does he even do for Beme?)
- Making vlogs

At least when Beme was an app and discussed on the vlog he was going to meetings for it and actually had quite a bit of work to do related to Beme. Now it's just speaking engagements and interviews. How do one million+ people still come back and watch every video he uploads? I have seen some comments on some recent videos and old ones about how they think the vlogs are boring and they prefer the older ones. I wish he would go back to making movies or even videos like his snowboarding videos (not another one of those specifically, but innovative content like it). It at least would show he is putting effort and time into his channel.
I agree that it seems nothing much is happening with Beme. I remember him stating several times since starting the vlogs again that he will share the details of what's going on with Beme very soon. Still waiting on that lol.
I still watch all of his videos but I don't know why honestly - it's all the same and I think he isn't having as much fun with it as he used to. He does the same things in every vlog: wake up, get a fresh juice, ride his boosted board to the studio, open some packages. It's not interesting to watch anymore.

lolomgstop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lolomgstop »

He looks like something straight out of Wrong Turn.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Hey everyone! It's been ages since anyone has posted on this thread, so I just wanted to give a reminder:

Never forget:

Casey HAD A SHOW ON HBO!

Casey WENT TO AFGHANISTAN as a JOURNALIST!

(Footnote to that last one: It's been years since he went and he still hasn't done anything with the footage he got.)

He has become a repetitive, insufferable bore.

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

Presence wrote:Hey everyone! It's been ages since anyone has posted on this thread, so I just wanted to give a reminder:

Never forget:

Casey HAD A SHOW ON HBO!

Casey WENT TO AFGHANISTAN as a JOURNALIST!

(Footnote to that last one: It's been years since he went and he still hasn't done anything with the footage he got.)

He has become a repetitive, insufferable bore.
yeah, it's really funny how he recycles the same 4 or 5 stories every 3 months or so and the majority of his viewers still think he's like, god's gift to youtube lmao

WitchPlease
Debater
Debater

Post by WitchPlease »

It's been said before, but Candice really seems to be constantly annoyed by Casey, and hates him vlogging her - always ignoring him talking to her when he has a camera. At least that's the way it comes across. Maybe that's just all the time! I want to love her "don't give a fuck" attitude, but she comes across really spoiled, petulant and bratty.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

WitchPlease wrote:It's been said before, but Candice really seems to be constantly annoyed by Casey, and hates him vlogging her - always ignoring him talking to her when he has a camera. At least that's the way it comes across. Maybe that's just all the time! I want to love her "don't give a fuck" attitude, but she comes across really spoiled, petulant and bratty.
"...really spoiled, petulant and bratty" which comes across as even more pathetic considering she'll be 40 in October. Also, this whole Billy! endeavor would be nothing if it hadn't been for the vlogs.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

So Casey said they couldn't drive the vintage car because he and Jesse don't have licenses!? Doesn't he drive Candice's car all the time?? I'm surprised Jesse doesn't have one, but he actually doesn't seem to drive in LA. Hmmm, could Jesse not have a license for a reason?? I wonder if got a DUI or something and just hid it from the Internet. Pretty much everyone in LA drives everywhere.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Even his fans are calling him out for this bad content. I wonder how Candice feels about this video?

[youtube][/youtube]

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

ewokfan11 wrote:So Casey said they couldn't drive the vintage car because he and Jesse don't have licenses!? Doesn't he drive Candice's car all the time?? I'm surprised Jesse doesn't have one, but he actually doesn't seem to drive in LA. Hmmm, could Jesse not have a license for a reason?? I wonder if got a DUI or something and just hid it from the Internet. Pretty much everyone in LA drives everywhere.
I have a feeling they might have needed special licenses. They were in France. Maybe having an American license didn't qualify them to drive that kind of car.

On another note...

Whoah! He is getting SLAMMED for that video. I'm surprised to see so many people concerned about Candice and her feelings (as you did ItsAndrew). With Candice and her "zero fucks" attitude, I can't imagine her getting upset about a couple of women being in her husband's "film". You know, it's all for the sake of art...and that sweet Samsung sponsorship money!

Is it horrible for me to take pleasure in seeing all the comments about what a disappointment Casey has become? Looks like people are growing tired of his shtick and him putting in so little effort into his videos.

The voiceover, the sunglasses in the shower (for the millionth time), the slurping of the coffee, Jesse, and on and on...total cringefest.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Whoa. Casey is going to have his own talk show on CNN titled "Beme" that will air 4 days a week. Interesting. https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-bid-for ... 1497887202

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

ItsAndrew wrote:Whoa. Casey is going to have his own talk show on CNN titled "Beme" that will air 4 days a week. Interesting. https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-bid-for ... 1497887202
While we all knew that already, the bigger question has become: When is going to start producing content?

From that article:

At one point, Mr. Zucker expressed his frustration that Beme had not yet rolled out its new content, but he also acknowledged the importance of letting Mr. Neistat handle things his way.

“I’d like you to launch last week,” said Mr. Zucker. “A thing we’ve learned in this process is we can’t rush that. At CNN, that level of patience is not something we have in long supply, but we acknowledge that we’re going to go down this road with you.”

Someone is going to be extremely pissed if they paid all that money and waited all that time for the great genius Casey Neistat to launch this thing only to have it flop.

We'll see...

fantasy
Debater
Debater

Post by fantasy »

ItsAndrew wrote:Even his fans are calling him out for this bad content. I wonder how Candice feels about this video?

[youtube][/youtube]
I also thought about Candice when watching that, of course she has tht attitude as if she doesn't care about anything, but personally I would've been upset seeing my husband fooling around with two young, beautiful women in France :? However, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, it seems like Candice is always irritated around Casey so maybe she really doesn't care.
Tbh the video was so cringey to watch and ridiculous - this man is in his late 30s (I believe) and he is acting like a teenager. The whole idea was stupid and unrelatable to most of his audience, I know as a teenager my "summer fantasy" or whatever wasn't being on a fancy yacht with two models or driving an expensive car. I just didn't get the point of the video

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

All the Samsung sponsored Cannes videos have been cringey and 100% fake. Those women were models who were hired for the video. You can tell from Jesse's BTS video about it. They had stylists and wardrobe people. It's all fake, so I'm sure Candice doesn't care.

As for the license thing, in France all you need is your US drivers license and a passport/ID. Just seemed odd to me.

AND, as for the CNN thing, it's only DIGITAL. It's not going to air/broadcast on CNN. It already sounds like just another Phil DeFranco show or SourceFed or Young Turks, etc. I'm sure it will TANK! Casey's popularity is already waning as he becomes more and more of a douchebag!

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

I keep going back to the video just to read the comments.

It's not like people were agitated with him already, now he's deleting comments and pissing off everyone even more.

WitchPlease
Debater
Debater

Post by WitchPlease »

I don't think women should be used as props, it's gross and sexist. :(

likefrylikefry
Gossiper
Gossiper