Casey Neistat

aquaelement
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Casey Neistat

Post by aquaelement »

I stopped watching him when his vlogs started to repeat themselves. Him being on plane, in hotel, on boosted board blah blah blah BOOORING :roll: Last drop that made me unsubscribe was his latest video about the protest.

I actually like Candice. I think Casey is not right for her because she is more adult than him.

I wish they stopped spoiling Francine and fed her proper food. She is too young to be constantly filled with sweets and junk.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

You don't like being called what you really are? Okay Casey. :roll:

[youtube][/youtube]

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Oh my god, how bad was that video? I still consider myself a fan in general... but wow.
The same old stories, the same but even lamer than usual visual aids...and what was the point?
He came across so pathetically butt-hurt and quite arrogant at the same time.

Post by Guest »

Av finally looked up this weirdo bastard after hearin aboot him for like a year in comments n other youtubers mentionin him aw the fuckin time n that. Ma initial thoughts when opening his channel wis wit an absolute fuckin munter...... but looks areny everything so a was lit that to masel "right naw, don't be a cow, watch at least one video". Put on his newest one, 'my addiction' and already I canny stand it. Pretentious, ostentatious, watered doon fucking shite. Was it an add for running or sumn? I don't understand. He seems like a pure fuckin roastin wee tottie who got bullied n school n wants to prove it to all the nasty boys from back then how absolutely dynamite his fuckin life is now. Fuck up man! I've no even heard him speak a sentence yet n am already pure slingin him tae fuck. Why are cunts pure obsessed wi this wee gremlin? Is there any vids I should watch to get into it properly? Like maybe a just chose a bad yin but a cba rifling through pure hunners, so if there's like a belter somecunt knows of, could you please tell us it here or message me or sumn :tu: ta! Coz rn a think he's an insufferable wee fucking reprobate that needs knocked doon a few pegs.

Aw aye fuckin ALSO!!!! A don't appreciate bein telt a should run tbh... maybe am addicted tae fuckin sitting on ma fat arse?! N fuckin wit??????? Tell me tae fuckin run ya mutant. Runnings for gimps. (No offence to any avid runners lol plz don't come roond ma gaff wi yer trainers n fuckin chase me). Maybe al make a whole video on being a lethargic wee fuckin tramp, awrite Casey ya fuckin dick?!

Bein a lazy bastard is;
A time for thinking
When ideas are born
When dreams are dreamt
When I plan my future
When I see the future

Don't be a lazy bastard because you have to.
Be a lazy bastard because you can.
Lazy bastard.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

Has anyone mentioned that Casey is Samsung BFFs with Karlie Kloss and her long-time boyfriend is related to the Trump family (his brother is Ivanka's husband). Seems a bit hypocritical, but that's just my opinion.

Today's video was complete crap. I didn't even watch the whole thing.

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

ewokfan11 wrote:Has anyone mentioned that Casey is Samsung BFFs with Karlie Kloss and her long-time boyfriend is related to the Trump family (his brother is Ivanka's husband). Seems a bit hypocritical, but that's just my opinion.

i didn't know about karlie's boyfriend. that's definitely weird because casey is mr. cnn now. maybe that's why she hasn't been on his channel in ages? are they even still friends??

YES OMG TODAY'S VIDEO "the oscars are coming up, and so we're making a commercial to say 'what about youtubers, people in an entirely different industry? why aren't we being celebrated?" it was so cringey

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

tctp wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:Has anyone mentioned that Casey is Samsung BFFs with Karlie Kloss and her long-time boyfriend is related to the Trump family (his brother is Ivanka's husband). Seems a bit hypocritical, but that's just my opinion.

i didn't know about karlie's boyfriend. that's definitely weird because casey is mr. cnn now. maybe that's why she hasn't been on his channel in ages? are they even still friends??

YES OMG TODAY'S VIDEO "the oscars are coming up, and so we're making a commercial to say 'what about youtubers, people in an entirely different industry? why aren't we being celebrated?" it was so cringey
Karlie was featured on ABC's Oscar red carpet show doing a 360 cam shot sponsored by Samsung. So they still both work for Samsung. :roll: :roll:

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Lol very interesting about Karlie's relationship w Trump family. I doubt Casey actually cut ties with her. Youtubers are all talk never really much action. They all preach and "condemn" the actions of others but how many of them actually work for change, progression or stand for what they supposedly believe? I get he's partnered with CNN and even though he says he has so much freedom, he still went with CNN to the inauguration whereas many politicians, congressmen etc stood their ground refusing to go. He seems more the "we can be friends and honor each other's differences" type :roll:

I havent really watched the guy in forever, but his Samsung Oscar ad popped up on my timeline. Major eye roll. I can't believe they really tried to pitch youtubers as if they're some revolutionary ground breaking rarities. News Flash-with the exception to how much money youtubers can make, they really aren't that special

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Saw his oscar ad, I don't know what youtubers are trying to push on everyone but it's getting really annoying. Yes they share something with actors and actresses which is using a camera but you really can't compare the two, AT ALL. One involves talent and a shit ton of work and teams of people making it happen.

wendy whaleiams
Debater
Debater

Post by wendy whaleiams »

Off Topic buuut Karlie's bf Josh is pretty anti trump he was even at the women's march! :) but yeah carry on

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Ugh. God damn.

I am so sick of seeing him make yet another video in which he blathers on about how his life was so disadvantaged but yet he was able to prevail. By now, it's such a cleverly constructed marketing tool that is part of his brand. He never mentions the people (like brother) who helped him. He always brings up the failed HBO show. At this point, he's drifting into becoming a total cliche.

And did anyone notice most of those clips he used in that montage were all his buddies? Like he couldn't take the time to do some research and find people whom he's not friends with who are doing extraordinary things?

The guy knows how to craft a good video, but I just don't see him as being a motivational role model.

Bugman22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bugman22 »

Presence wrote:Ugh. God damn.

I am so sick of seeing him make yet another video in which he blathers on about how his life was so disadvantaged but yet he was able to prevail. By now, it's such a cleverly constructed marketing tool that is part of his brand. He never mentions the people (like brother) who helped him. He always brings up the failed HBO show. At this point, he's drifting into becoming a total cliche.

And did anyone notice most of those clips he used in that montage were all his buddies? Like he couldn't take the time to do some research and find people whom he's not friends with who are doing extraordinary things?

The guy knows how to craft a good video, but I just don't see him as being a motivational role model.

Not sure if you've seen it. But his video reminds me a lot about that " wear sunscreen" video. Someone narrating facts to video clips with a final statement at the end.

takenkraken
Learner
Learner

Post by takenkraken »

A very well edited Samsung ad :roll:

astormtalking
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by astormtalking »

The editing was good, as usual, but his whole schtick has become to talk nonstop about "haters." It used to be bearable when there was also different content to his videos, but now? :roll:

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

What annoys me about how he always brings up his HBO show- like in his GQ man of the year acceptance speech as well as this recent cringe fest - is that its always contextualised by how much better new media is. But its like, why keep bringing up the HBO show? It makes it seem like he really still values old media higher but is trying to justify why he doesn't do it any more, in a 'I never liked you anyway' kind of way.

At least this new video didn't mention how he washed dishes and lived in a basement. I'm so sick of his life story.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

I am so tired of hearing Casey's sob life story which is only a sob story bc of the choices HE made in life. Shit happens to everyone but Casey made the decisions to "not agree with authority" in school, knock up his girlfriend, drop out instead of finishing school, etc. casey's sob story is not a rags to riches story bc life happened to him and he overcame it. it's a "I fucked up a lot but then I decided to just stop fucking up and it was ok again" story. It's not like he grew up poverty stricken, in an abusive household, with a disability, etc. Had Casey not made a lot of the decisions he made in life he still would very likely be in the same position he is in today in terms of being successful and having a stable life. Maybe not a millionaire but still well off enough to not struggle (also his wife comes from money). So no Casey, I don't feel bad for the "hard life" you had. Casey should also acknowledge the a large reason he's where he is with filmmaking is bc of networking. Almost all of his gigs, especially in the beginning were due to networking and already having connections and not necessarily bc he makes the most unique and captivating films. Networking is Casey's biggest asset. it's a skill not many possess or feel comfortable doing but he excels at that and has used it to his benefit, I wonder why he never offers that little tid bit of advice in his videos...

Buckwell
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Buckwell »

On twitter he ordered some Snowmobiles.... here comes the lame casey being towed behind something 2017 video!!!!!

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

Buckwell wrote:On twitter he ordered some Snowmobiles.... here comes the lame casey being towed behind something 2017 video!!!!!
where in the world does he plan to store them? snowmobiles aren't a thing in nyc. did he sell the connecticut house, or took it off the market?

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Yikes. spent all that money on snow mobiles and the east coast barely experienced any major snow. I didn't even notice that Casey had a snowboard video back in 2014, the guy literally just keeps recycling the same videos/ideas but somehow considers himself some revolutionary filmmaker because 13 year olds are obsessed with him :rofl: at least he's finally realized his videos are repetitive now

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Anyone have a theory as to why he's daily vlogging again?

Does he have some big event coming up? Does he need to warm up his audience first before he makes some announcement or encourages them to go watch this or go support that or whatever?

Did his ego miss all the attention he got while vlogging?

Is he bored?

I just find it so strange that when he quit daily vlogging there was so much attention given to the fact that it was ruining his life--his marriage was in trouble, he was tired all the time, he was burnt out, etc. Yet, here we are again. Did you guys see the last part of today's vlog? Casey's filming him and Candice trying to be a normal married couple. He's talking to a camera and she's on the phone.

The other thing: After not watching him for quite awhile, and then seeing his recent vlogs, made me realize how redundant he is. It's only a few days in and we get the usual:

-running
-time lapses
-Casey wearing sunglasses in the shower
-mail time
-Candice being her (almost) usual self (but not as bitchy for some reason)
-Marlen
-gear talk
-Casey on his Boosted board

...so many things we've seen, literally, dozens and dozens of times.

With other daily vloggers, I could forgive the repetitiveness, but this is the great Casey Neistat. Being the, supposed, innovative film maker he is, wouldn't you think, if he coming back to daily vlogging and putting his marriage and lifestyle at risk, he'd do better?

Return to “Casey Neistat”