Planet Peebles #2

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Planet Peebles #2

Post by eggo »

By "starting over", what REALLY does that mean????? I get she could be talking about not taking so many of her selfies, like so many YT's do.
"With being tied to Mark and friends, the reality is that that will always be my claim to fame, so to speak, and I want to give my professional work the proper respect it deserves". HUH? Her professional work? What "profession", other than her ceramics has she done?! Man...this girl makes my head spin!

springshowers
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by springshowers »

eggo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:27 am
By "starting over", what REALLY does that mean????? I get she could be talking about not taking so many of her selfies, like so many YT's do.
"With being tied to Mark and friends, the reality is that that will always be my claim to fame, so to speak, and I want to give my professional work the proper respect it deserves". HUH? Her professional work? What "profession", other than her ceramics has she done?! Man...this girl makes my head spin!
She had a full time job doing art for a marketing agency when she first started dating mark I think

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

I think Amy looks fine, though I envy those that look their age. I wish I looked older. I hate having a baby face. Grr.

That's cool if Amy wants to "start over". Wonder what she'll do next but I am guessing, she won't do pottery as much anymore and do a real job or? :O

springshowers
Learner
Learner

Post by springshowers »

AquarianHorse wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:33 am
I think Amy looks fine, though I envy those that look their age. I wish I looked older. I hate having a baby face. Grr.

That's cool if Amy wants to "start over". Wonder what she'll do next but I am guessing, she won't do pottery as much anymore and do a real job or? :O
It sounds like we won’t find out. I hope it works out for her. Anything she does publicly will always be suffocated by mark’s fans, maybe it’s best she goes her own way.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

She did mention a bit ago that she wasn't going to be as active while she was working on some offline projects, and now it really sounds like she did pick up some jobs. And if that is the case, hell good for her. :)
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
- guardians of the galaxy

Midnight_Rose
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Midnight_Rose »

Hello! I am a first timer as well even though I’ve been lurking for a bit and I just wanted to throw my two cents in. I got to say I don’t really buy this whole ‘starting over’ bit. Mainly because I’m an action speak louder than words person and her past has been filled with wishy-washy moments like this. This just feels like a repeat of what she’s been doing for the past few years. Where she’ll be ‘busy’ with ‘online projects’ while her previous work just gets abandoned. It seems like when anything starts to feel like REAL WORK, she moves on to something she thinks will be easier. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

I mean it’s super obvious she tries to avoid the “What do even do?” “When are you going to do this/that?” “What are you working on?” topics like the fucking plague. It doesn’t help that she never gives a straight answer when it comes to anything work related. Like I’ve seen people confused about what she even means in this update.

Calling herself a professional is a stretch. She had a full-time job for a few months that she up and quite to cling to her new boyfriend’s lifestyle. Apparently wanted to work on games…didn’t happen. Tried making videos…that died. Streamed a handful of times…now it’s a ghost town. Editing…only what she wants, which was anything short and easy. Studied graphic design, but the little snippets of her work we have seen have been unimaginative, awkward, blunders, plagiarized or wasn’t even hers but she took the credit until she got caught or people started criticizing it. Went to a pottery class and BAM! Now she’s a ceramics maker…although that’ll probably fade too. She just slaps all these different career titles to her name. It seems like she wants high reward for the smallest amount of effort. At this point I don’t know if it’s just her trying to find herself or she just flat out has commitment issues. She just seems to have poor work ethics and it rubs me the wrong way.

I’m always willing to give people a chance, but when they have such an obvious pattern…it makes me skeptical of how genuine they are each time. She can SAY whatever she wants, but I won’t believe it till her ACTIONS do the same for once.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Yeah, I'm skeptical too. That's why I say a big IF, although the fact that it involves stepping off and thus less attention overall gives me hope since one things people have said she comes off as is attention seeking. I just hope it lasts, that'll be the real test.
And damn, you listing them off really puts it all into perspective how little she sticks with things. And with the job, she said that when she quit they said she was always welcome back there, and she seems to want to distance herself a bit from the channel, so I wonder if she's still on Mark's payroll or not.
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".

Kamryn
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Kamryn »

Midnight_Rose wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:08 pm
Hello! I am a first timer as well even though I’ve been lurking for a bit and I just wanted to throw my two cents in. I got to say I don’t really buy this whole ‘starting over’ bit. Mainly because I’m an action speak louder than words person and her past has been filled with wishy-washy moments like this. This just feels like a repeat of what she’s been doing for the past few years. Where she’ll be ‘busy’ with ‘online projects’ while her previous work just gets abandoned. It seems like when anything starts to feel like REAL WORK, she moves on to something she thinks will be easier. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

I mean it’s super obvious she tries to avoid the “What do even do?” “When are you going to do this/that?” “What are you working on?” topics like the fucking plague. It doesn’t help that she never gives a straight answer when it comes to anything work related. Like I’ve seen people confused about what she even means in this update.

Calling herself a professional is a stretch. She had a full-time job for a few months that she up and quite to cling to her new boyfriend’s lifestyle. Apparently wanted to work on games…didn’t happen. Tried making videos…that died. Streamed a handful of times…now it’s a ghost town. Editing…only what she wants, which was anything short and easy. Studied graphic design, but the little snippets of her work we have seen have been unimaginative, awkward, blunders, plagiarized or wasn’t even hers but she took the credit until she got caught or people started criticizing it. Went to a pottery class and BAM! Now she’s a ceramics maker…although that’ll probably fade too. She just slaps all these different career titles to her name. It seems like she wants high reward for the smallest amount of effort. At this point I don’t know if it’s just her trying to find herself or she just flat out has commitment issues. She just seems to have poor work ethics and it rubs me the wrong way.

I’m always willing to give people a chance, but when they have such an obvious pattern…it makes me skeptical of how genuine they are each time. She can SAY whatever she wants, but I won’t believe it till her ACTIONS do the same for once.
I agree with this. Amy has a habit of always saying that she'll do something but never doing it. It won't be long before she completely abandons the pottery. And as for "being more than Markiplier's girlfriend" I'm sorry Amy sweetie but unless you actually prove yourself and do something that's all you're ever gonna be. But who knows maybe she will stick to it

kawaiinutzz
Informer
Informer

Post by kawaiinutzz »

I hope she ain’t getting tired of pottery now. Cause if so. Well I guess you better clean the house or some shit. Honey. Cause you can’t just sit there and be pretty.
LETS BE HONEST HERET

Kamryn
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Kamryn »

kawaiinutzz wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:55 pm
I hope she ain’t getting tired of pottery now. Cause if so. Well I guess you better clean the house or some shit. Honey. Cause you can’t just sit there and be pretty.
That's all she's probably ever gonna do :rofl:

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

Someone already asked her what she meant by her instastory, they thought she was fully going off of social media, but she says...
" Oh no I'm not off socials. I've got irl work that keeps me offline a bit more now. That and a general want to not stare passively at my phone as much"

Ok so..your "irl work" does it include a "real"job? Or what? Can't be muching off of mark forever.

Midnight_Rose
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Midnight_Rose »

eggo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:06 am
Someone already asked her what she meant by her instastory, they thought she was fully going off of social media, but she says...
" Oh no I'm not off socials. I've got irl work that keeps me offline a bit more now. That and a general want to not stare passively at my phone as much"

Ok so..your "irl work" does it include a "real"job? Or what? Can't be muching off of mark forever.
See again, never a straight answer. What does "irl work" even consist of considering she bounces from one thing to the other. Her amateur pottery? Her questionable design skills? Being an occasional camera girl? Something new again!?

Like you don't have to give out every little detail but just saying "Oh yeah I just have so much work! Swamped by all this work! You wouldn't belive how busy I am with all this work!" Is just, I don't...

Kamryn
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Kamryn »

Because she's being so vague about it it kinda makes it hard for me to believe that she actually HAS a job

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

I mean to be fair, from what she's said it sounds like she's picked up freelance work, so not a steady job but still work. But also I'm willing to accept the vagueness on this one because I know right after they went public people tracked down her place of work and were harassing coworkers and such and it really freaked her our (which is obviously fair). So I'm willing to bet that the ultra vagueness is her trying to stop that from happening again. She can't talk details because crazy fans will track down the people who hired her. So I'll definitely cut some slack on that, it's a totally different situation than being vague on what she does when it comes to working for Mark.

Kamryn
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Kamryn »

Yeah that's fair.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Wait, fans went to her work place, co workers? Damn! Ugh we need to do something about the crazy we have in this world ;_; I hope she enjoys her new free lance job.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

I don't know if they went in person, but they did track down co-workers and harass them on social media and stuff. So I totally get why she would be extremely careful with details, or even outright saying that she picked up a job honestly. It's like with the story of how they met. I get why it's kind of a secret because then fans might try to emulate it to get with Mark and blah blah, and I prefer just not sharing details as opposed to the whole how they met story where people are telling different stories and so on.
Honestly she's said she had a good relationship with the company she used to work with (and they said that if she ever wanted to come back she'd be more than welcome), and clearly that's true if they would welcome her back after the hassle of dealing with crazy fans tracking people down. That actually makes me kinda wish she would go back to work for them because that's not something you find all THAT often and it seems like a real positive thing to have in your life. I'm a bit jealous actually. But I hope she has equally good experience with freelancing. That was what she originally said she wanted to do when she quit her job anyways. But I hope she doesn't deal with too many crazies. Not only because it's inevitable with freelance work but also it would suck if a fan tried to hire her with ulterior motives or some shit like that. I wouldn't put it past people if they're willing to harass coworkers for information or connections to her. If I've dealt with crappy peeps doing it I can assure you she will as well, hopefully it doesn't deter her too much. I'm happy she's getting back into the workforce and trying to keep it separate from her social media presence.
Basically tl;dr, being a youtube girlfriend is never going to be something I envy, it sounds like it sucks big time. At least in my opinion, the cons outweigh the pros considerably.

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

Are we talking about her previous job that she quit right? What kind of freelancing job do you think she's in right now?

springshowers
Learner
Learner

Post by springshowers »

I bet the novelty of getting attention online wears off considerably over time. Her and Mark have been together for years, at this point its not new and exciting. She's a lot quieter on social media lately, I hope thats a good sign that she's keeping busy. She rarely tweets or posts on her story anymore.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

I'd imagine she's doing interactive media stuff for the freelance jobs (what she majored in and worked in before), especially since around the time she started getting quieter, she added it to her twitter bio along with ceramics. Plus I doubt she's getting freelance ceramics jobs, not even because she's bad at it because she really isn't, I still use my mug and it's become one of my favorites. It's just hard to get freelance ceramics jobs.

And I'd imagine the attention is something you get bored of, it just becomes more of the same every day.

Return to “Planet Peebles”