Taylor Nicole Dean #3

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Taylor Nicole Dean #3

Post by Merpedy »

From what I'm hearing the whole video was basically a big fuck you to lolcown and other gossip sites

CocoaPrincess
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by CocoaPrincess »

^
I totally see it and it's weird and sad when 32 living things are thrown into the mix. People on gossip sites do talk shit but it doesn't come from thin air, most times people would benefit from sitting back and actually reading the stuff we say because a lot of it makes sense and would actually help.

She needs to deal with her own problems without involving critters. I guess therapy is really underrated. YT is creating insecure, attention whoring monsters !
She reminds me of Brian Barczyk who is a snake breeder or something and he has like hundreds of plastic drawers with snakes in it, I'm sure they're just delighted by their existence.
She's gonna end up like a cross from him and the crazy cat lady from the simpsons.

especiallyfuckyou
Lurker
Lurker

Post by especiallyfuckyou »

CocoaPrincess wrote:^
I totally see it and it's weird and sad when 32 living things are thrown into the mix. People on gossip sites do talk shit but it doesn't come from thin air, most times people would benefit from sitting back and actually reading the stuff we say because a lot of it makes sense and would actually help.

She needs to deal with her own problems without involving critters. I guess therapy is really underrated. YT is creating insecure, attention whoring monsters !
She reminds me of Brian Barczyk who is a snake breeder or something and he has like hundreds of plastic drawers with snakes in it, I'm sure they're just delighted by their existence.
She's gonna end up like a cross from him and the crazy cat lady from the simpsons.
!!! She actually reminds me of Brian in a lot of ways, collecting and collecting animals. I know Brian's a breeder, but that doesn't excuse him treating his animals like he does, just like her lying and manipulating doesn't excuse her poor care either.

catnip
Talker
Talker

Post by catnip »

A few fish things from her latest video:

- the angelfish in the bow front are new, that tank used to be her betta sorority with some rainbow fish and her bushfish. Hopefully she's rehomed he betta fish and they didn't kill each other because I don't buy her 'they don't fight they just chase each other' line
- apparently she ran out of frozen food for her biocube which is.... sloppy imo. if you have pets you should have backup food just in case you run out and can't get out to get more for whatever reason. yes, fish can last longer than cats/dogs/etc without food but that's still not fair to them!
- maybe I'm reaching but it was a bit suspicious that we didn't see Zazu. yes, fish are amazing at hiding, but in my experience when they come to associate you with food they'll come out to see what you're doing when you're fiddling with the lid to see if they can get anything (I have no saltwater experience though so again, maybe reaching)
- I didn't buy her mantis shrimp story. why even get him and bring him home if you don't have his tank ready?
- she clearly only cares about the 150 reef with cheese in because she 'found' some brineshrimp even though she was out of frozen food and focused on that tank

Res Judicata
Informer
Informer

Post by Res Judicata »

The only reason she cares about Cheese is because he was her meal ticket there for a while. People still ask to see him. If nobody was that interested in him, she wouldn't give a fuck about his welfare. But if that fish dies of anything but old age, she's going to lose a lot of subs.

CocoaPrincess
Debater
Debater

Post by CocoaPrincess »

^
She can always replace it or use old footage, we'll never know if it happens !

Res Judicata
Informer
Informer

Post by Res Judicata »

True. She might be doing that with that green tree boa/python/whatever species that snake is or was. Apologies -- I've only had a corn snake as a pet, so my snake species knowledge is lacking.

Kale Contour
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kale Contour »

She got Cheese in December 2016 and he's almost exactly the same size. #CheeseTruthersLiveOn

catnip
Talker
Talker

Post by catnip »

Kale Contour wrote:She got Cheese in December 2016 and he's almost exactly the same size. #CheeseTruthersLiveOn
Honestly though, it's more likely to be because she keeps him in inappropriately sized tanks, doesn't offer a variety of foods, and keeps him with Irwin who seems to be very assertive when feeding. A quick google has informed me that longhorns require a mix of different meaty foods and veggies, and shouldn't be kept with aggressive eaters as they're slow. :roll: But I do love a good conspiracy hahaha ;)

Res Judicata
Informer
Informer

Post by Res Judicata »

catnip wrote:
Kale Contour wrote:She got Cheese in December 2016 and he's almost exactly the same size. #CheeseTruthersLiveOn
Honestly though, it's more likely to be because she keeps him in inappropriately sized tanks, doesn't offer a variety of foods, and keeps him with Irwin who seems to be very assertive when feeding. A quick google has informed me that longhorns require a mix of different meaty foods and veggies, and shouldn't be kept with aggressive eaters as they're slow. :roll: But I do love a good conspiracy hahaha ;)
I've only watched a sampling of her videos because I very quickly got sick of her shit. Has she ever filmed herself feeding Cheese anything other than those stupid algae sheets?

dawnofaquarius
Learner
Learner

Post by dawnofaquarius »

Just watched her most recent "feeding all my animals" video. And at the very end she introduces Twisty as HER bearded dragon. UUUGGGGHHH.

At first when I found out that she had a bearded dragon I found it concerning that she RARELY mentions it and if she does it's always a throwaway afterthought. It was very obviously that she has negative 5% passion for the animal. Then I found out that it's her creepy boyfriend's and that gave me some hope that MAYBE someone is paying that animal some attention. But now I guess that's out the window.

Bearded dragons are so freaking cool and they really appreciate interaction. Poor Twisty, I wish I could save you. I love bearded dragons and this has been bothering me for so long.

catnip
Talker
Talker

Post by catnip »

Res Judicata wrote:
catnip wrote:
I've only watched a sampling of her videos because I very quickly got sick of her shit. Has she ever filmed herself feeding Cheese anything other than those stupid algae sheets?
Yeah she gives that tank brine shrimp, and when he was in the biocube I think I remember him stealing Zazu’s food, which seems to be some kind of fish. But of course, Taylor was just like ‘don’t steal each other’s food it’s not for you’ trying to be funny, not realising that... maybe, if her pets are eating other food, they need that in their diet?

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

can’t watch her new video at the moment but please tell me she didn’t just upload a video encouraging her impressionable followers to get a pet to magically cure their mental illness. because that’s what it seems like from the title and thumbnail, and I can’t think of a worse message to send to her fans who are already impulse buying pets they have no clue how to take care of.

CocoaPrincess
Debater
Debater

Post by CocoaPrincess »

I stopped watching when I realized it was an ad for betterhelp. :roll:

Catcatcatcatcat
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Catcatcatcatcat »

aaa123 wrote:can’t watch her new video at the moment but please tell me she didn’t just upload a video encouraging her impressionable followers to get a pet to magically cure their mental illness. because that’s what it seems like from the title and thumbnail, and I can’t think of a worse message to send to her fans who are already impulse buying pets they have no clue how to take care of.
That’s exactly what she did. It was all stupid stuff too. Like how crested geckos are relaxing because they’re soft (if anything they’re the least relaxing to handle because it takes a second for them to jump and run off and get stuck somewhere), a monitor lizard can be a companion, and that a snake squeezing your arm can prevent you from self-harming.

I feel like an animal can definitely improve your mental health, but it could also not improve it and then you end up neglecting the animal because you don’t have energy/motivation to care for it.

It also definitely seems like the whole video was made only because of the betterhelp sponsorship. Doesn’t seem like she put much effort into thinking of ways exotic pets can improve mental health.

Moira90
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Moira90 »

What wonders me is that there are so many people, in the comment section of her new video, who act as if she was a saint for taking care of so many animals.

I mean having animals is something we/you do for ourselves. When I would get a cat, I would do it for myself because I like cats. I would try to adopt one from the shelter, which would give an unwanted cat a new life, but It´s still something I do for myself as I like this cute creatures.

I guess many people buy animals and think they are doing the best job in the world because they feed them.
But many people don´t want to be owned, especially not by people who are so depressed they can´t clean their cages (I had depression in the past and guilt forced me to do everything for the animals, more care than for myself, but I don´t think every depressed person has the motivation to do so.. If someone suffers extremely an animal could be a burden especially If these people need to go to the hospital...
But otherwise I still think animals can help depressed people as long as they are very responsible).

especiallyfuckyou
Lurker
Lurker

Post by especiallyfuckyou »

Personally, I have a lot of animals because focusing on them instead of myself DOES help my mental illness, yet I would NEVER EVER recommend this to anybody else the way she did. I recognize that while I'm for sure not alone, there are also people on the opposite side of things, where it would not help them at all, and the cages would go uncleaned, and the animals would go without water, etc. Plus, what was that thing about crested geckos I read above? I love geckos, but I don't have any, for the sole reason that it spikes my anxiety to handle them, the way that they jump etc. I have a few snakes, a rabbit, dogs, a bearded dragon, among some others, which is obviously very calm animals. I don't at all understand how a crested gecko would help your anxiety attacks, or anything else for that matter. UGH. She has such impressionable viewers too, I'm so angry.

Kale Contour
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kale Contour »

If you wanna watch without giving her clicks/ad revenue, here's a mirror: https://hooktube.com/watch?v=ZhnrE-0DQ0M

WTF is she on about in this mental health video?? She looks like Joanne the scammer making up shit on the spot.

It's so irresponsible to tell your teeny bopper audience that exotic pets are the solution to depression, self harm, and anxiety. I hate the idea of pets (except dogs that can be well trained) having a "job". Animals are just themselves. You're their caretaker, not the other way around!

So what if they're not this soothing relaxing thing in your life? If they get sick, or act aggressive, do you rehome / neglect them because they're not doing their "job"?

To be honest, many mental illnesses wouldn't benefit from extra animal care because it's a RESPONSIBILITY. You may benefit from interaction, but when you're not functioning well, adding another life that you're responsible for can be detrimental. Why not advocate volunteering with animals, learning more about them, or getting in touch with therapy animal groups.

Nope. Hoarding is the answer.

CocoaPrincess
Debater
Debater

Post by CocoaPrincess »

Kale Contour wrote: Why not advocate volunteering with animals, learning more about them, or getting in touch with therapy animal groups.
Because she wouldn't gain money from doing that the way she does by being sponsored to ramble on about some bullshit.
She obviously doesn't care

Res Judicata
Informer
Informer

Post by Res Judicata »

Nor can she use her mental state to justify owning a shit ton of exotics if she does videos on legitimate therapy animals.

Return to “Taylor Nicole Dean”