Lurker2012
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Peter Not A Great Hu-Monn Part 8

Post by Lurker2012 »

facepainter wrote:
Lurker2012 wrote:And facepainter,
I just watched that video....he alleges in it adamantly that he hasn't worked with kids since 2008 when he left the treatment facility. He never uttered a word ab his private practice, did he? He can't even keep up with his lies. I guess he didn't think his Tweets would be discovered years later. His tweets state otherwise and have dates clearly date stamped showing that he was working with kids and had clients at his private practice. What a liar this man is.
He was a counselor at Fairbanks Treatment Center until 2008, but he's talked about having his own "private practice" after 2008 in a bunch of videos. I think Nun4GretchenWeiners timestamped one video where he broke down what his job is. He talked about doing corporate coaching and also referenced his private practice in there.
Yep, I've seen it. And then all the recently discovered tweets where he's talking ab his adult and teenage clients are time stamped from after 2008, all the way up to 2012 so that little performance where he said that JK should have done his homework because he hadnt worked w teenagers since 2008 was a lie. I've been in Peters YouNow just twice and he stated he didn't have a license and it was caught on the "moments" but now its not there. He must have deleted it.

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

He's really dumb for pretending to hold these titles that he is nowhere near qualified to claim to have. That makes him look so bad. I wonder if the clinic he worked at has contacted him yet.

swashbuckler
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by swashbuckler »

He put "pre-licensed professional" on the disciplines line in the receipt under the spoilers tag in the post at the top of page 12 in the 7 habits of highly defective people thread. He also put "psychoanalytic" on the same line. Later, in that same section, he calls his office a psychologist office.

At the time this was posted, people were on the subject of Griffin the dog. So, I think this receipt maybe wasn't looked at carefully. But, it everyone should read it. Carefully.

Also, later on page 12, Peter's expired acupuncture license (for in the realm of substance abuse) and Alex's expired bartender license are mentioned. This is contrasted to two active licenses for Dr. Larry Monn. Alex's is not a big deal since that is more of a job change where he no longer needs it. Peter proves that he is aware licenses are a thing he needs and that they are specific. Maybe he only used it at Fairbanks and then let it run out. But, it might have been enough to make them mistakenly believe he also got his MSW license. Although, I would think they were required by law to see the license.

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

^ Thanks for spotting where those receipts are, swashbuckler. I'm thinking he probably didn't need one while at Fairbanks, since he could say he was under supervision of other qualified professionals. I'm more curious about his licensure after he left that facility and was running his own private practice. I'm not totally sure of how laws work in Indiana, but I'm thinking he would need to have some sort of license. It's odd that nothing comes up for him other than that random acupuncture thing.

swashbuckler
Debater
Debater

Post by swashbuckler »

The ad where he mentions "pre-licensed" is for his own office.

I am just guessing he did the acupuncture thing at Fairbanks.

From things he has said, he did somewhat counsel people at Fairbanks. But, it kind of sounds like he did other things as well. But, maybe not after he got his MSW. I never thought of maybe he didn't need the license at Fairbanks as he was being supervised.

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

We do know he has a MSW. You can verify that via a website connected to the college he went to.

swashbuckler
Debater
Debater

Post by swashbuckler »

monak wrote:We do know he has a MSW. You can verify that via a website connected to the college he went to.
Yes. I know about the MSW.

However, it appears he's just a MSW rather than a licensed MSW which may mean he qualified to do certain things, but not other things.

Also, he did start working at Fairbanks with only a B.A. (creative writing or similar). Obviously, he wouldn't be a counselor with only a B.A. I am saying maybe when he tells stories about Fairbanks (and only Fairbanks), he pulls details from different time periods such as before he had a MSW and after he had a MSW. Fairbanks, however, knows specifically what he did during the time he worked there and if/when he held different positions within the facility.

Now, to his counseling office where he did "psychotherapy", from what someone posted, he should have been a licensed MSW rather than only a MSW during that time. But, idk anything about Indiana.

I wonder if, at one time, just having a MSW was good enough and then they changed the rules and said a person had to be licensed? Although, the 2010s seems kind of late for that.

Even with all that, it seems like he's subtly overstating his credentials in his ad. Maybe that is permissible in Indiana.idk...

Lurker2012
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lurker2012 »

swashbuckler wrote:d Peter proves that he is aware licenses are a thing he needs and that they are specific. Maybe he only used it at Fairbanks and then let it run out.

But, it might have been enough to make them mistakenly believe he also got his MSW license. Although, I would think they were required by law to see the license.
Yep, peter definitely knows all about licensing. He admitted it when he was called out on YouNow. His acupuncture license was used for Fairbanks only bec they utilize alternative therapies (acupuncture) there but he had to be licensed to perform it. Many companies will pay for their employees to complete the training. And I might be reading yiur last statement wrong.... but peter wasnt required to be licensed at fairbanks because he was doing his practicum/internship there, under clinical supervision. Suoervisors take legal responsibikity over the students they supervise over in case tbey get their asses sued for malpractice, which I'm surprised didn't happen with Peter under their watch.

Also, he had alot of positions there which didn't require an MSW in the beginning. As he moved up, he needed his MSW to continue if he was going to have face to face contact with patients. They knew he wasn't licensed.

I was just watching some old vlogs about it. I'll link a little later but he went off saying how he was written up all the time, didnt get along with people, women are basically bitches and that he had screaming outbursts during clinical meetings. And then he contradicted himself yet again on 3 different vlogs going from11 years to 13 years and again saying he's worked in the field for 20 years. It's amazing that he thinks people are so stupid and cant do the math to see he's a pathological liar.

swashbuckler
Debater
Debater

Post by swashbuckler »

Lurker2012, I forgot all about him possibly doing an internship.

But, from what people have said, some of his clients came from Fairbanks. Idk how that may have occurred. Did they have a list of counselors (outside of Fairbanks) they recommended? Or maybe he didn't get clients from there.

I just feel, looking at his ad, something is really off about it. But, maybe not.

Eta.. I didn't know he was screaming and calling women bitches at Fairbanks. Wow. Omg.

So, I wonder where did he get his clients?

Lurker2012
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lurker2012 »

Swash: I strongly believe he was recruiting patients himself at Fairbanks for his "private practice" before he was fired -cough - I mean quit and went into private practice. He had access to these vulnerable kids and their desperate parents to get them well. I'm sure those clients followed him to his office. And no, that wouldn't have been allowed, legal, or ethical whatsoever, if Fairbable knew about it. Because, yah, otherwise, how would he have had all these sudden clients?... come on, peter.

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

I personally don't believe Peter ever had any clients. At least not for the past several years. I've always suspected that his "practice" was just a thing he said to not sound unemployed. It's not easy to get clients, and we all know Peter isn't the type of person who perseveres when things are hard. He abandons almost all his projects, diets, reading challenges, videos series, etc. He goes back on basically every promise he makes on his channel. If he says he's not going to talk about a certain topic, you can expect at least three videos down the line about that very same thing. There's no way Peter ever had a thriving business as a private therapist. At most, I could seen him having one or two clients that he got through connections or through luck if they saw an ad of his.

He claims he uses the office as a place to write nowadays, and we all know he's not actually writing shit. If he was, you can bet we'd be getting updates every day of how many words he wrote and how far along he is in the project, and he'd constantly be talking about his ideas and characters and whatnot. He recently (like a month ago) mentioned four writing projects he wants to work on, but he says he can never decide which he wants to work on first.

I don't know if he's using his YouTube money to pay for the space now, but I get the feeling his dad probably took care of any rent that had to be paid. Who knows, maybe they even own the space and it's not rented.

This particular lie is either Peter making himself sound more qualified than he is to clients, or lying about having clients to his YouTube audience so that he wouldn't seem like a lazy waste of space who does nothing all day. I always felt like he was bullshitting whenever he talked about clients. And as far as the corporate coaching thing, I also always felt like that was the sort of thing he did maybe once every few months when he managed to get a gig.

Lurker2012
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lurker2012 »

Facepainter: I've actually thought the exact same thing a dozen times too and agree with you! don't believe it whatsoever that he had "7 back to back clients" like how he said in that tweet or how he said he had "referrals coming out of his ass" like he said on his vlog. I don't believe any of that because, like you said, itt's very difficult to obtain clients. Even for extremely competent and well qualified psychologists with alot of experience have to build their caseload, slowly, over the span of many, many years and get approved for insurance panels for reimbursement.

Theres nothing about Peter that sets him apart from other qualified substance abuse counselors, life coaches, aocial workers, or mental health counselors, so for Peter to have alllllll these patients...that's a joke. :roll: :roll: Like I said, either way peter is garbage because he ls either a flaming liar about all of this and or or hes engaged in fraudulent/unethical behavior

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

The only way I could see Peter having any clients is if he kept in touch with people from Fairbanks, told them he was leaving, and told them that they could continue seeing him privately... which would be unethical and I'm pretty sure he'd have a lawsuit on his hands if the facility found out.

But most of the time when he referenced a "client" it just sounded like he was bullshitting.

Peter is into self-aggrandizement and makes himself sound way more important than he is. It's like when he would talk about talk about his "publisher." Saying things like, "I was just talking on the phone with my publisher... I had lunch with my publisher today.... I had a meeting with my publisher." Just the way he would say it sounded so self-important. Then I found out that his "publisher" was actually just an old friend of his who had just started her own publishing company and asked him and another friend to be her first authors. From the way he talked about "my publisher" you'd think he was on the phone with Random House. :roll: And you can tell from the way he talks that this is the impression he wants people to get.

He does this with so many things. Like when he mentions having been a blogger for the Huffington Post. I feel like he wants people to think he was some kind of freelancer or employee who got to paid to write for them, when that's not the case at all. He was not paid to write for the Huffington Post, period. He was a guest blogger and guest bloggers DO NOT get paid and never have been paid by the Huffington Post. That program ended this year. Peter hasn't posted anything on the site since June 2017, and with the program being over, I doubt he has access to it anymore.

Sure, Peter never claimed to have been a paid writer for the Huffington Post, but the reason he constantly name-dropped the site is because most people would get this idea that the gig was more significant than it was. If you're not someone who works in media and who is interested in writing articles, you wouldn't know that HuffPost had thousands and thousands and thousands of writers who blogged for free. At one point, literally anyone could get a blog on their site.

Same thing with Raannt. It's just a crappy blog that's rarely ever updated. Yes, it's an LLC, but it makes them no money. Their "interviews" with celebrities have probably all been email or phone interviews. Most of the artists they've talked to are little-known acts who probably take every interview they're offered. Go to their site. I don't recognize any of the people they've talked to.

Or when he talks about that documentary he and Alex were a part of. Doesn't mention the fact that it was for RT News, AKA Russia's official state news. To be fair, Peter's dumb ass probably didn't know what the hell RT News was at the time and just jumped at any chance to be in front of a camera.

He goes back and forth in his videos from trying to sound "real" (like in one video he admitted that if it hadn't been for a friend of his, he probably wouldn't be a published author) to purposely leading people to think that things in his life are bigger or more exciting than they actually are.

I also sometimes suspected that he was meeting up with people from AA when he referred to his "clients." In a couple of videos he's said that his clients watched his videos and claimed that they told him he acted exactly the way he does in real life, which I just found reeeeeeaaaaaallllllyyy hard to believe. And again, the ethics of that seem dodgy. I can't remember what video it was in, but he said something like, "People are always asking me, 'Peter, what do your clients think about your videos?' And they tell me that I'm exactly the way I am with them." Like.... really, tho? Something about that seems off.

Those kinds of comments, combined with his tendency to dress things up to seem bigger than they are, always made me doubt this private practice of his was real. I always assumed he either had no meetings at all and was lying about it or he HAD met up with someone, but that person wasn't actually a client.

tea_licious
Learner
Learner

Post by tea_licious »

Lurker2012 wrote: I was just watching some old vlogs about it. I'll link a little later but he went off saying how he was written up all the time, didnt get along with people, women are basically bitches and that he had screaming outbursts during clinical meetings. And then he contradicted himself yet again on 3 different vlogs going from11 years to 13 years and again saying he's worked in the field for 20 years. It's amazing that he thinks people are so stupid and cant do the math to see he's a pathological liar.
Really?! Please link these! I really hope that PP saw these because talking about clients like that and hearing him express how difficult he is to get along with could really benefit her video

swashbuckler
Debater
Debater

Post by swashbuckler »

Earlier, someone said some of his clients were receiving court ordered counseling.

And if he scheduled all his appointments for the week for the same day, yes, I can imagine he once (literally one time) had a day with 7 back to back clients. Even though most people would not try to do anything like that, we all know Peter might be one who would if it meant he could goof off the rest of the week.

But, while he has been on YT, I think he rarely saw anyone/did anything as a counselor. I would even believe he was referencing stuff he did a year or so back.

But, if he had just one client, that is one too many. Yes, that one woman says he helped her (hrm... ). But, well.

Lurker2012
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lurker2012 »

FacePainter: Your post is spot-on and it reminds me of something that I haven't shared on here. Do you guys remember along time ago when Peter said he and Alex wrote an article on bullying and the Spanish news station picked up Alex's video and aired it on TeleMundo? Well, I tweeted Alex to send me the video link that "Telemundo aired" quoting Peters own words because I wanted to see his level of Spanish proficiency. Alex sent it to me but it wasn't without him putting a "LoL" and correcting me by saying it was never TeleMundo who picked it up and that it was just some random video he did; no news channel aired it. This is just one of the many other hundred of examples of how Peter embellishes and lies.

Any video that peter vlogs with Alex, Alex is always calling Peter out, correcting him, and putting him on the spot every time he straight up makes lies like this on camera. And you can see the boiling anger behind Peters eyes when he does this while he tries to laugh it off. You can also tell that Alex knows exactly how Peter is but he doesn't allow him to get away with it when and if he's in the video. Their, "Why we went to counseling" video was especially cringe worthy because the entire time Peter was monopolizing the camera and telling Alex what he was feeling or what Alex was thinking. Alex would become silent and give this facial expression. Peter would then say, "What? It wasn't? You weren't? Yes, you did" Alex would bluntly correct him showing that they aren't on the same page, whatsoever. Peters expressions....I can't explain it, you just gotta see it. Peter wants to give off this very specific perception/narrative of their relationship through these stories and when Alex doesn't agree peter gets so upset and badgers Alex until he says what he wants him to say all for us and its appearances. It's awkward and uncomfortable to watch.

Lurker2012
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lurker2012 »

tea_licious wrote:
Lurker2012 wrote: I was just watching some old vlogs about it. I'll link a little later but he went off saying how he was written up all the time, didnt get along with people, women are basically bitches and that he had screaming outbursts during clinical meetings. And then he contradicted himself yet again on 3 different vlogs going from11 years to 13 years and again saying he's worked in the field for 20 years. It's amazing that he thinks people are so stupid and cant do the math to see he's a pathological liar.
Really?! Please link these! I really hope that PP saw these because talking about clients like that and hearing him express how difficult he is to get along with could really benefit her video
here you go. all are valid

Lurker2012
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lurker2012 »

swashbuckler wrote:Earlier, someone said some of his clients were receiving court ordered counseling.

And if he scheduled all his appointments for the week for the same day, yes, I can imagine he once (literally one time) had a day with 7 back to back clients. Even though most people would not try to do anything like that, we all know Peter might be one who would if it meant he could goof off the rest of the week.

But, while he has been on YT, I think he rarely saw anyone/did anything as a counselor. I would even believe he was referencing stuff he did a year or so back.

But, if he had just one client, that is one too many. Yes, that one woman says he helped her (hrm... ). But, well.
At the treatment facility he would have had back to back court mandated patients but not at his private practice. I would have to go back and look at what year that tweet was written.

Lurker2012
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lurker2012 »

Jesus, I'm re-watching his workplace rant.... :? Wow, peter is one nasty human being. All those tweets relived in this video -- plus some. This asshole wants us to believe that he "quit". Bullshit. He repeats all of this in nicer way on the other 2 links, I attached above.

withmylittleeye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by withmylittleeye »

facepainter wrote:The only way I could see Peter having any clients is if he kept in touch with people from Fairbanks, told them he was leaving, and told them that they could continue seeing him privately... which would be unethical and I'm pretty sure he'd have a lawsuit on his hands if the facility found out.

But most of the time when he referenced a "client" it just sounded like he was bullshitting.

Peter is into self-aggrandizement and makes himself sound way more important than he is. It's like when he would talk about talk about his "publisher." Saying things like, "I was just talking on the phone with my publisher... I had lunch with my publisher today.... I had a meeting with my publisher." Just the way he would say it sounded so self-important. Then I found out that his "publisher" was actually just an old friend of his who had just started her own publishing company and asked him and another friend to be her first authors. From the way he talked about "my publisher" you'd think he was on the phone with Random House. :roll: And you can tell from the way he talks that this is the impression he wants people to get.

He does this with so many things. Like when he mentions having been a blogger for the Huffington Post. I feel like he wants people to think he was some kind of freelancer or employee who got to paid to write for them, when that's not the case at all. He was not paid to write for the Huffington Post, period. He was a guest blogger and guest bloggers DO NOT get paid and never have been paid by the Huffington Post. That program ended this year. Peter hasn't posted anything on the site since June 2017, and with the program being over, I doubt he has access to it anymore.

Sure, Peter never claimed to have been a paid writer for the Huffington Post, but the reason he constantly name-dropped the site is because most people would get this idea that the gig was more significant than it was. If you're not someone who works in media and who is interested in writing articles, you wouldn't know that HuffPost had thousands and thousands and thousands of writers who blogged for free. At one point, literally anyone could get a blog on their site.

Same thing with Raannt. It's just a crappy blog that's rarely ever updated. Yes, it's an LLC, but it makes them no money. Their "interviews" with celebrities have probably all been email or phone interviews. Most of the artists they've talked to are little-known acts who probably take every interview they're offered. Go to their site. I don't recognize any of the people they've talked to.

Or when he talks about that documentary he and Alex were a part of. Doesn't mention the fact that it was for RT News, AKA Russia's official state news. To be fair, Peter's dumb ass probably didn't know what the hell RT News was at the time and just jumped at any chance to be in front of a camera.

He goes back and forth in his videos from trying to sound "real" (like in one video he admitted that if it hadn't been for a friend of his, he probably wouldn't be a published author) to purposely leading people to think that things in his life are bigger or more exciting than they actually are.

I also sometimes suspected that he was meeting up with people from AA when he referred to his "clients." In a couple of videos he's said that his clients watched his videos and claimed that they told him he acted exactly the way he does in real life, which I just found reeeeeeaaaaaallllllyyy hard to believe. And again, the ethics of that seem dodgy. I can't remember what video it was in, but he said something like, "People are always asking me, 'Peter, what do your clients think about your videos?' And they tell me that I'm exactly the way I am with them." Like.... really, tho? Something about that seems off.

Those kinds of comments, combined with his tendency to dress things up to seem bigger than they are, always made me doubt this private practice of his was real. I always assumed he either had no meetings at all and was lying about it or he HAD met up with someone, but that person wasn't actually a client.
He confirms that the Raannt interviews with celebrities were mainly emails, which he also said he preferred as he could just copy and paste their answers, in the podcast he did for his friend:

Find it here:
http://rambleredhead.com/2015/02/02/epi ... eter-monn/

Return to “Peter Monn”