Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lazy Moon / MeowItsLethargic(and allergic) - Part 3

Post by holly golightly »

Oh my sea wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:25 pm
the one time she turns up to a meeting early she moans about how she prefers to be late. Shes really living up to this thread title.
Maybe do something with that time you're early, Lucy. Read a book. Edit a video. You could literally do anything with half an hour before a meeting, if you're bored it's because you're a boring person. :roll:

liz72
Talker
Talker

Post by liz72 »

Wait just realized how old is she. I honestly thought she has 26+? This isn't gossip but does anyone else feel that way?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

To be honest, no. Sure, she hangs out with Leena, Hannah etc who are in their late 20s but there's always been a noticeable gap in maturity between them and her. To clarify, I'm not saying that 23 is immature, I'm the same age as Lucy, I actually think her maturity level is similar to some of the 18-21 undergraduates I know, which is probably a result of her spending her entire life alternating between her own personalised internet bubble and going out to clubs and never having spent a single day in an entirely adult working environment. Leena has worked a traditional full-time job her whole adult life alongside doing youtube, Hannah has not but has the inner discipline to get what needs doing done without allowing herself to get distracted, Lucy has neither of these advantages and that's why she comes off as immature. She procrastinates her work till last minute and then rushes to get things done so what comes out, if anything, is mediocre, she allows herself every excuse in the book to justify why she hasn't done work (anyone who is familiar with getting calls to cover shifts because the person meant to be working is hungover can understand why this is annoying, though in Lucy's case she has no one to cover her). She never takes the initiative to go above and beyond what is expected of her, she stays in the easiest lane imaginable and thus she never grows and improves, if anything she's regressing. She likes to give off the impression that she's this amazing, living-it-up-in-London influencer/entrepreneur but you can see through the cracks really easily- it's all visible through her work ethic.

liz72
Talker
Talker

Post by liz72 »

holly golightly wrote:To be honest, no. Sure, she hangs out with Leena, Hannah etc who are in their late 20s but there's always been a noticeable gap in maturity between them and her. To clarify, I'm not saying that 23 is immature, I'm the same age as Lucy, I actually think her maturity level is similar to some of the 18-21 undergraduates I know, which is probably a result of her spending her entire life alternating between her own personalised internet bubble and going out to clubs and never having spent a single day in an entirely adult working environment. Leena has worked a traditional full-time job her whole adult life alongside doing youtube, Hannah has not but has the inner discipline to get what needs doing done without allowing herself to get distracted, Lucy has neither of these advantages and that's why she comes off as immature. She procrastinates her work till last minute and then rushes to get things done so what comes out, if anything, is mediocre, she allows herself every excuse in the book to justify why she hasn't done work (anyone who is familiar with getting calls to cover shifts because the person meant to be working is hungover can understand why this is annoying, though in Lucy's case she has no one to cover her). She never takes the initiative to go above and beyond what is expected of her, she stays in the easiest lane imaginable and thus she never grows and improves, if anything she's regressing. She likes to give off the impression that she's this amazing, living-it-up-in-London influencer/entrepreneur but you can see through the cracks really easily- it's all visible through her work ethic.
That's true. I guess I meant more along the lines that she seems kind of tired/desperately trying to appear young and hip when she's already quite young? I always took her to be an immature 26 year old not an immature 23 year old lol.

Paulie_walnuts
Learner
Learner

Post by Paulie_walnuts »

Did anyone listen to the last episode of banging book club? Lucy said something patronising about when we use WhatsApp we’ll know we’re old and i had to roll my eyes so hard. She is so insistent that she has her finger on the pulse and is just so effortlessly cool and hip but it’s not coming across like that at all.. loved that podcast (purely for Hannah and Leena) but I had to stop listening eventually because the vast majority of things Lucy had to say were just irritating.

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

Did they explain why the podcast was finishing?

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

holly golightly wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:45 pm
Oh my sea wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:25 pm
the one time she turns up to a meeting early she moans about how she prefers to be late. Shes really living up to this thread title.
Maybe do something with that time you're early, Lucy. Read a book. Edit a video. You could literally do anything with half an hour before a meeting, if you're bored it's because you're a boring person. :roll:
Sooooi professional of her :roll: girl really has got no talents

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

I loved how during the podcast they explained why Leena and Hannah's lives were getting too hectic and busy for the podcast with various projects and completely skipped over Lucy :rofl:

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

holly golightly wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:31 pm
I loved how during the podcast they explained why Leena and Hannah's lives were getting too hectic and busy for the podcast with various projects and completely skipped over Lucy :rofl:
Sounds about right

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

liz72 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:42 am
holly golightly wrote:To be honest, no. Sure, she hangs out with Leena, Hannah etc who are in their late 20s but there's always been a noticeable gap in maturity between them and her. To clarify, I'm not saying that 23 is immature, I'm the same age as Lucy, I actually think her maturity level is similar to some of the 18-21 undergraduates I know, which is probably a result of her spending her entire life alternating between her own personalised internet bubble and going out to clubs and never having spent a single day in an entirely adult working environment. Leena has worked a traditional full-time job her whole adult life alongside doing youtube, Hannah has not but has the inner discipline to get what needs doing done without allowing herself to get distracted, Lucy has neither of these advantages and that's why she comes off as immature. She procrastinates her work till last minute and then rushes to get things done so what comes out, if anything, is mediocre, she allows herself every excuse in the book to justify why she hasn't done work (anyone who is familiar with getting calls to cover shifts because the person meant to be working is hungover can understand why this is annoying, though in Lucy's case she has no one to cover her). She never takes the initiative to go above and beyond what is expected of her, she stays in the easiest lane imaginable and thus she never grows and improves, if anything she's regressing. She likes to give off the impression that she's this amazing, living-it-up-in-London influencer/entrepreneur but you can see through the cracks really easily- it's all visible through her work ethic.
That's true. I guess I meant more along the lines that she seems kind of tired/desperately trying to appear young and hip when she's already quite young? I always took her to be an immature 26 year old not an immature 23 year old lol.

Actually I kind of get what you mean. Her attitude is very much kind of 'whew I'm a world-weary 28/29 year old', like she's about to make a video about her crazy 20s and what she wants from her 30s, etc. Not at all that she's actually mature in that way, but rather it's the attitude she gives of knowing and having done it all. She's actually extremely young and yeah, compound that with the fact that she hasn't yet had much real life experience...

jewelkitty
Talker
Talker

Post by jewelkitty »

About her insta story looking at flats, does her budget actually allow her to fork out £1300 on rent? My bf and I pay that between us on rent in London.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

There are some studios in zones 2 and 3 for around 600–800 a month, but they’re pretty small and idk if Lucy would be looking into anything like that

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

it's honestly insane how often this girl is sick and she's saying it's because she's just completed a massive project so she expects it now... moonuary wasn't even a huge project? she was even late on some of the uploads and when they did get uploaded they were either completely mediocre videos or only 3 mins long??

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

jewelkitty wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:27 am
About her insta story looking at flats, does her budget actually allow her to fork out £1300 on rent? My bf and I pay that between us on rent in London.
My guess is she's moving in with the bf

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

HaveSomeMilk wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:33 am
it's honestly insane how often this girl is sick and she's saying it's because she's just completed a massive project so she expects it now... moonuary wasn't even a huge project? she was even late on some of the uploads and when they did get uploaded they were either completely mediocre videos or only 3 mins long??
She seems to have the immune system of a Jane Austen heroine. I'll bet If she spends two minutes outside in the rain she has to spend a week recovering. :rofl:

jewelkitty
Talker
Talker

Post by jewelkitty »

witchpaws wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:04 pm
jewelkitty wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:27 am
My guess is she's moving in with the bf
Yeah I thought someone here said she was moving out on her own but maybe it is with her boyfriend. I was wondering why she was moving again so soon and whether it was because she isn't getting on with her housemates. I imagine she would be pretty insufferable to live with!

Post by Guest »

Following to see just how much more "woke" Lucy is in 2019...

sootsprite
Talker
Talker

Post by sootsprite »

the slight dig she made about marie kondo in her january faves video irked me, especially after she's made that bathroom video. she was saying the book she liked didn't expect her to throw everything away, be minimalist, what sparks joy, etc, and i know the konmari method isn't for everyone (i don't even completely follow it) but she completely missed the point if she thinks the konmari method is about being minimalist. it's just decluttering and using space more effectively. a lot of people having been complaining about marie kondo since the netflix show and i know the whole spiritual aspect of her method is a bit out there for many people but it seems like people are deliberately misinterpreting her to justify why they don't want to declutter the same way. i'm kind of not surprised since lucy couldn't even declutter her bathroom, but it felt unneccesary to be like 'this book is so much better because it's not minimalist' when that's a) not what the konmari method is, and b) she's used marie kondo for a bit of clickbait anyway

peony
Talker
Talker

Post by peony »

sootsprite wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:47 am
the slight dig she made about marie kondo in her january faves video irked me, especially after she's made that bathroom video. she was saying the book she liked didn't expect her to throw everything away, be minimalist, what sparks joy, etc, and i know the konmari method isn't for everyone (i don't even completely follow it) but she completely missed the point if she thinks the konmari method is about being minimalist. it's just decluttering and using space more effectively. a lot of people having been complaining about marie kondo since the netflix show and i know the whole spiritual aspect of her method is a bit out there for many people but it seems like people are deliberately misinterpreting her to justify why they don't want to declutter the same way. i'm kind of not surprised since lucy couldn't even declutter her bathroom, but it felt unneccesary to be like 'this book is so much better because it's not minimalist' when that's a) not what the konmari method is, and b) she's used marie kondo for a bit of clickbait anyway
The thing that bugs me here is the same that bugged me with her podcast (what happened to sunday social podcast anyway? Did she ever announce a hiatus?), she doesn’t do ANY RESEARCH. She wouldn’t have to google a lot to find out that Konmari isn’t about being a minimalist. In fact, if she bothered to read the book, she’d find that Kondo actually encourages you to keep everything that serves you and brings you joy. Which means: if every single designer cream you own sparks joy, keep it!

She never puts any effort into anything. I’m baffled that she’s managed to graduate from a university.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

peony wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:08 pm
sootsprite wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:47 am
The thing that bugs me here is the same that bugged me with her podcast (what happened to sunday social podcast anyway? Did she ever announce a hiatus?), she doesn’t do ANY RESEARCH. She wouldn’t have to google a lot to find out that Konmari isn’t about being a minimalist. In fact, if she bothered to read the book, she’d find that Kondo actually encourages you to keep everything that serves you and brings you joy. Which means: if every single designer cream you own sparks joy, keep it!

She never puts any effort into anything. I’m baffled that she’s managed to graduate from a university.
Go off sis! :clap:

Return to “Lucy Moon”