Lazy Moon / MeowItsLethargic(and allergic) - Part 3

Compellingly vapid
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lazy Moon / MeowItsLethargic(and allergic) - Part 3

Post by Compellingly vapid »

Honestly, I really do think the 'gluten free' and 'cruelty free' thing is just to label herself in some 'unique' way. The fact that she has both of these terms in her Instagram bio says it all.

She clearly just gets the shits sometimes so has decided she's gluten free. And as for cruelty free, she is sooooooo far from this. I understand people doing their bit but I agree with the person above who said she is cruelty free only when it comes to make-up to seem 'cool' and 'woke' to her followers.

She's a pathetic little girl who has a lot of growing up to do.

xperthunter
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by xperthunter »

Compellingly vapid wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:33 am
Her 168 hours was tragic. Cue Lucy complaining that she is 'creatively stifled' due to her environment and that's why she needs to move house. Honestly so ridiculous. There is always an excuse with her.

Also the video was from FEBRUARY and she's only just uploaded it at the end of March. She's so frigging Lazy. Lazy Moon.
My jaw just dropped when she said that. I can’t with this girl

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

I couldn't believe the creativity thing either. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that the same reason she gave for moving from her last place, too? Also she was acting like she's in some tiny shared basement apartment... she's in a pretty airy, and yes light-filled, highrise with a big bedroom of her own and even if you have trouble finding great light to film in, that shouldn't prohibit you from being "creative" or working. If your creativity is so contingent on just the right light in the perfect flat (she's acting like she's a painter or something) then you might not be that creative in the first place! Not only that, but her newest thing is that she is running a 'small business' (I'll come back to that)... well, how many small business owners put their work on hold because they just aren't liking their apartment much anymore?

The truth is obviously that (a) She just doesn't like her flat and probably isn't crazy about her roommates, and (b) as a separate issue, she has been floundering a bit again with her YouTube channel. But instead of it just being two separate things in her life, of course one is causing the other. Why? Because, as someone said, she can NEVER take responsibility for herself, everything has to be caused by something that is harming her. She doesn't even have to get down on herself, she could just admit 'damn my work ethic has been kind of shitty lately', and move on. But no, it's her flat's fault. When she was discussing how she hasn't done much work lately, it seemed like she was starting to say this but then she had to add that there were other factors causing it that she couldn't talk about. Right.

It's like, she obviously fucked up with her behaviour while over consuming alcohol which led to her getting dumped, and she spun it into 'I'm an alcoholic and it's out of my control'. She gets stomach cramps and poops too much sometimes (she kind of admitted once that it seems anxiety related), and it becomes "the gluten in this food is out to get me".

Anyway, yeah, I've seen her mention a lot lately that YouTubers are small business owners and that she runs a small business. I'd have to disagree on that one-- Lucy is a freelancer! If anything you could MAYBE say she has what is called a "micro business". But IMO that is being a bit cheeky. It's hilarious that she considers "Lucy Moon" some kind of up-and-coming brand. Is it because she sold those sweatshirts or something? Smh her arrogance is off the charts.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

She labelled broadway market as borough market in the new video. Small mistake but it annoyed me, especially as she called it the right name later on showing she didn’t actually think it was called that -and it was a sloppy mistake that she didn’t pick up. Classic.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

to hell with this "oh sorry with how sponsored my insta gram is this week sometimes all the contracts come at once" BOLLOCKS.

Before the last three #ADS the last upload is from the 22nd of March.

She only posts every day when she's making coin. So why bother apologising?

If it were me in the exact same situation i'd apologise for only now realising I'm only consistent when it's for paid work and try to be a bit better at consistency with non-paid work.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

I saw her in Euston station the other day and she was dressing pretty nice in that neutral white British posh woman way. As for her content, she’s even more boring. She literally has nothing to say or contribute and has turned into a walking ad.

Purple_dot
Learner
Learner

Post by Purple_dot »

Idk what it's like to be gluten free in the UK but damn, it's so hard especially when you're just starting out. Lots of people feel incredibly restricted about going out, being social (so many social situations revolve around food!), eating with friends (because friends mean well and bake a cake but just aren't aware of how literally a crumb can make someone with celiac sick (idk if Lucy is celiac)), etc. I know it's definitely possible to be vegetarian or vegan, but it's definitely an added challenge! If she's been through what I've been through, I understand why she'd wanna just get used to being gf before taking on another dietary challenge.

Anyway, I just stumbled on this thread, I don't miss Lucy's content lol, sounds like she's bland and boring as ever. Can someone explain the rose thing??

Sent from my brain via lasers

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

I’m reluctant to criticize her for not being GF and vegan/vegetarian because it is restrictive and it’s been hinted she has suffered from disordered eating in the past. Besides it’s not like everyone saying these things is a level five vegan themselves and reducatarianism is much better long term than being a vegan for a short while and then crashing and going back to red meat like so many ex-vegans

That being said I do think her reasons for being gluten free are faulty and she needs to stop using it to blame all her problems

peony
Talker
Talker

Post by peony »

Being vegetarian isn’t as hard as people here make it out to be, especially if you have the resources financially. I know people who are celiac and vegan, have IBS and are vegan etc.
Honestly, it’s not as restrictive as people think. I also think that it shouldn’t be thought of as ”restrictive” but a moral choice. After a while, it won’t feel like you’re ”not allowed to” eat some things, but that you’re choosing not to because of your morals.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

My gripe with her diet thing is that she uses these labels on her videos and other content. She effectively profits off of using them. And it's all a lie? because she never actually was veggie and she's often complaining about being "glutened" so she's either not being GF or gluten isn't the issue so the label doesn't apply to her.

It's the whole "i'm an alcoholic" bs all over again.

She's someone that loves boxes though so she'll never stop. Thats why she loves all those personality type quizzes because it saves her from actually having to have a personality of her own.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Purple_dot wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:25 pm
Idk what it's like to be gluten free in the UK but damn, it's so hard especially when you're just starting out. Lots of people feel incredibly restricted about going out, being social (so many social situations revolve around food!), eating with friends (because friends mean well and bake a cake but just aren't aware of how literally a crumb can make someone with celiac sick (idk if Lucy is celiac)), etc. I know it's definitely possible to be vegetarian or vegan, but it's definitely an added challenge! If she's been through what I've been through, I understand why she'd wanna just get used to being gf before taking on another dietary challenge.

Anyway, I just stumbled on this thread, I don't miss Lucy's content lol, sounds like she's bland and boring as ever. Can someone explain the rose thing??

She is not celiac, she got tested and it came back negative... she has no allergy to gluten. She's just convinced herself she has an "intolerance" which isn't a thing... her difficulty now in day-to-day and socializing and trying to get by in a world of gluten conveniently mirrors her difficulty two years ago with her supposed alcoholism and trying to go out when everyone was drinking and dealing with having accidentally had a drink or two when she shouldn't have, etc. She also started up the whole gluten/IBS issues thing at the same time Hannah Whitton got legit sick and was in the hospital.
Being vegetarian isn’t as hard as people here make it out to be, especially if you have the resources financially. I know people who are celiac and vegan, have IBS and are vegan etc.
Honestly, it’s not as restrictive as people think. I also think that it shouldn’t be thought of as ”restrictive” but a moral choice. After a while, it won’t feel like you’re ”not allowed to” eat some things, but that you’re choosing not to because of your morals.
Definitely see what you're saying, but I also think witchpaws has a point... I've had an ED before and I find that trying vegan or veg diets is (forgive the incoming cliche word) "triggering" for the patterns of restriction that are always begging to be let back in. Someday maybe, but it is difficult for those whose minds would love to restrict and be unhealthy to be given a socially 'acceptable' diet to follow. I do think Lucy is weird with food but idk how bad it is, anyway.

peony
Talker
Talker

Post by peony »

I get it. I’ve also had my share of the ED world and am now in recovery. Being vegan was never the issue for me so it might just hit a nerve with me that someone who supposedly cares about the environment doesn’t contribute to their best ability ”because it’s difficult”.

If it was due to an ED, maybe she should say so. I understand disordered eating is a very personal thing surrounded by a mix of shame and other nasty feelings, but it would also free her from a lot of unnecessary criticism if that truly is her challenge in life.

Sorry if I’m going a bit off topic

Purple_dot
Learner
Learner

Post by Purple_dot »

Gluten hides so many places, especially if you're going out to eat and the restaurant isn't 100% gluten free. Like I said, just a crumb can make people sick ("glutened"). I'm 100% gf and still get glutened sometimes because it's exhausting to constantly ask people what's in something, make them wash utensils again, or just insist on not eating the thing they've painstakingly made to be considerate and loving towards you. Also so many people say "oh there's no gluten in this" and then they serve it with the same knife as they just used to cut regular cake/bread and it's like... Well maybe there's no gluten *inside* but there's gluten all over it now and that'll make me sick

I have celiac but I totally support people with sensitivities or intolerances or whatever. If gluten makes you sick, I believe that (and you shouldn't consume it if it makes you feel bad). "Cheating" (ie "oh just a little bite won't hurt once in a while"" annoys idk if she does that.

Edit: I can totally see gluten being a tool for disordered eating, though. As i mentioned, it takes a lot of effort to make sure it's safe to eat, and that may give someone the control to say "oh oops I guess I can't eat that because there could be hidden gluten in it" as an excuse to just not eat at all in s social setting.

Anyway sorry for the ramble, it may be slightly off topic.

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

I do get that being restricted in your diet can be really hard, even more so if you are really affected by gluten being in food that should be gluten free.

What I don't get is her constant whining about finding nothing to eat. What about a salad, a freaking banana, rice, beans, any milk product? She complains because she can't get crossaints at Pret and claims that this makes it impossible for her to eat. If you are really restricted like that: Meal prep. Order gluten free bread and make yourself a sandwich.

eliastel
Lurker
Lurker

Post by eliastel »

did any of you take her survey? i hope she can process suggestions / critique more graciously than she has in the past.

Yesilikepie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Yesilikepie »

I am so bored with her. I followed her for a long time and was excited when she went full time in YouTube. But her content got worse and more sparse. There was a video like a year ago when she was talking with a guy at a party and he let slip that he was excited that she was going to be able to go a star wars movie premier and she shushed him. I was excited to see that vid coming up since Im a big star wars nerd, but she never posted a video about it. If she wasn't going to make a video, why shush the guy? If you get invited to all these cool things why do you never make videos about them? It really seems like she is in it for the lifestyle, but not the fans, or the content or doing any of the work.

justreading55555
Lurker
Lurker

Post by justreading55555 »

Seconded that GF and veg or vegan friendly are often paired together. She doesn't NEED to be veggie or vegan, but calling herself cruelty-free and eating animals is just... entirely incompatible imo and her excuse should just be "I don't want to" because that's what it comes down to. She wants to eat meat because it's easy. Also... why do brands work with her? I bet all of two people have ever bought a glossier product because of her. She doesn't speak with authority on any of the things she says her channel is about, doesn't post regularly enough, and what she does post are the same videos over and over saying things are nice while holding a cup of tea. I watch an aussie youtuber Rachel Catherine who is 20, works part time and goes to uni full time but still puts out at least one video a week, sometimes two. It's very different content (I love watching people clean/study/meal prep because I'm weird) but that sort of work ethic puts some people to shame...

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Has she ever said what the issue is with her mother? She made a kind of weird Mother's Day post to her.

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

Lamour88 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:20 am
Has she ever said what the issue is with her mother? She made a kind of weird Mother's Day post to her.
She probably got into a few fights with her mum like an normal teenager and is just being dramatic about it
Some influencers were making inclusive mothers posts about how mothers day is tough for a lot of people because they've lost their mother or had an abusive mother. I figured she was trying to bandwagon that while also making it about herself.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

witchpaws wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:49 am
Lamour88 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:20 am
She probably got into a few fights with her mum like an normal teenager and is just being dramatic about it
Some influencers were making inclusive mothers posts about how mothers day is tough for a lot of people because they've lost their mother or had an abusive mother. I figured she was trying to bandwagon that while also making it about herself.
Lol that sounds like her. I was like 'damn why do you have to put your own mom on blast like that' when she was like "My mother is in a better place now so we can have a good relationship". Um...

Return to “Lucy Moon”