Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jess & Gabriel CONte - Part 3

Post by roseandgarden »

side_eye wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:22 am
Has anyone else noticed that Jess took Harper & Willow out of her bio? Now it's replaced with some "letter journal" project. Can't say I'm surprised... we all knew harper & willow was just another money grab for her
I saw that and wondered the same thing. She doesn't promote it as much anymore.

Brune
Informer
Informer

Post by Brune »

I would be so pissed if I had to make a video for my husband to cook for me. And even with a video, he can only """cook""" prepared meals and easy stuffs. I would feel just like a housewife if I was Jess. Awful feeling. My boyfriend is not the best cook but he often cooks for me when I have no time/worked all day/just wants to participate. I don't like this scheme of life, the woman at home washing and cooking and the man working (or doing whatever in Gabe's case).

Dancedancediva
Learner
Learner

Post by Dancedancediva »

How messed up is it... that Jess is going on and on about how she feels so spoilt that he's made her ONE breakfast in 2.5 years? That's just messed up. It was a simple breakfast too, just scrambled eggs on toast and beans - by no means is it difficult or much effort and he hasn't even done that except to make a video?

Post by Guest »

Dancedancediva wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:42 pm
How messed up is it... that Jess is going on and on about how she feels so spoilt that he's made her ONE breakfast in 2.5 years? That's just messed up. It was a simple breakfast too, just scrambled eggs on toast and beans - by no means is it difficult or much effort and he hasn't even done that except to make a video?
I guess she has low expectations. Once she has kids, which I can see Gabe pressuring her to have many, she'll be left to do all childcare and housework. Since the man is the head of the home apparently. I can't see her coping well with those responsibilities.

Post by Guest »

After watching their latest video, I have to say I'm kind of disappointed with the content they've been putting out during this trip. I guess I expected more fun and interesting travel vlogs, especially since Jess has talked about how excited she is to one day have the chance to travel around Australia. According to their Instagrams, they've been to the Australian Zoo, the Sydney Opera house, Madame Tussauds, visited beautiful beaches and national parks, and have spent time with several of their friends, such as Jacko... and all they've posted so far on their joint channel, save for one video, are Gabe-centric videos like "America husband driving," "American husband ranks snacks" and "Husband cooks for me." :roll:

side_eye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by side_eye »

oh look, yet another "American husband tries ___" video. What a waste...

Professional_eater
Learner
Learner

Post by Professional_eater »

Their tiktok vids make me CRINGEEE

Sammyjan06
Learner
Learner

Post by Sammyjan06 »

Dancedancediva wrote:How messed up is it... that Jess is going on and on about how she feels so spoilt that he's made her ONE breakfast in 2.5 years? That's just messed up. It was a simple breakfast too, just scrambled eggs on toast and beans - by no means is it difficult or much effort and he hasn't even done that except to make a video?
I get it, she didn’t have to go on about the breakfast but I mean he did buy them a house in LA and a condo in Boca Raton which are two very expensive places in the US, gave her free reign to remodel/redecorate, a huge ring, a dog, whatever expensive clothes she wants, Gucci purses. I would feel pretty spoiled and wouldn’t mind that he didn’t make breakfast lol. I’m also jaded Bc of all of my broke ex bfs Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrinkMyBathWater
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DrinkMyBathWater »

How boring are their Australia videos?? They're visiting all these exciting places and have the opportunity to make interesting travel vlogs, but instead they do the same rubbish they always make - videos of driving, tasting foods, etc.

abigail
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by abigail »

Sammyjan06 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:39 pm
Dancedancediva wrote:How messed up is it... that Jess is going on and on about how she feels so spoilt that he's made her ONE breakfast in 2.5 years? That's just messed up. It was a simple breakfast too, just scrambled eggs on toast and beans - by no means is it difficult or much effort and he hasn't even done that except to make a video?
I get it, she didn’t have to go on about the breakfast but I mean he did buy them a house in LA and a condo in Boca Raton which are two very expensive places in the US, gave her free reign to remodel/redecorate, a huge ring, a dog, whatever expensive clothes she wants, Gucci purses. I would feel pretty spoiled and wouldn’t mind that he didn’t make breakfast lol. I’m also jaded Bc of all of my broke ex bfs Image

to be fair, they make most of their money from the Jess + Gabriel channel. So they share that money. It's not like Gabe works while Jess does nothing

Dancedancediva
Learner
Learner

Post by Dancedancediva »

abigail wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:40 am
Sammyjan06 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:39 pm

to be fair, they make most of their money from the Jess + Gabriel channel. So they share that money. It's not like Gabe works while Jess does nothing
I completely agree? Why are we giving Gabe all the credit here that "he bought them the house and condo", it's not as if Jess is a stay at home wife and he's bringing home the bacon. Even though I still think Jess would be nothing if she didn't meet Gabe, she seems to be working harder than him and posts videos far more consistently than him. Given they're both equally working, I think it's nuts that in 2.5 years of marriage he is only making her breakfast for the first time for a video.

Post by Guest »

Another stupid video

heatherrrrz
Informer
Informer

Post by heatherrrrz »

God their videos are so boring. American husband tries this, American husband does that. You're in freaking Australia, can't you show the things you're doing or are you sitting there filming the world's most boring videos?

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

Why on earth would you assume Gabriel makes more than Jess? Pure sexism. They share the channel and she's - if anything - more of a drawcard for their fanbase.

Post by Guest »

Her style isn't all that great. Atleast not enough to be an influencer. And Gabe is really annoying and extra. Used to like them but not they just seem boring ans childish. Same repetitive video ideas.

dearactually
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dearactually »

It sounds like they’re getting serious about having kids in the near future. That’ll be interesting, for sure.

As long suspected, it does seem like where they will live is/will be a point of contention. That’s gotta suck.

No matter what they decide there will be one side of the family that will feel like they’re losing out, and naturally whichever persons family that is, there may be some resentment from having to move away from their home and be away from their family of origin. Not an easy position to be in.

side_eye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by side_eye »

I cannot stand how these people think they're legit celebrities or something. That last Q&A really rubbed me the wrong way for some reason, just their attitude about everything seems so entitled and condescending. Like a few videos ago when they were talking about getting "recognized" .... please. Outside of the 11-18 year old Youtube demographic, nobody knows or cares who you are

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

I agree, imagine being proud of some 15-year-olds trying to get a photo of you in public.

strawberryam0
Informer
Informer

Post by strawberryam0 »

dearactually wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:34 pm
It sounds like they’re getting serious about having kids in the near future. That’ll be interesting, for sure.

As long suspected, it does seem like where they will live is/will be a point of contention. That’s gotta suck.

No matter what they decide there will be one side of the family that will feel like they’re losing out, and naturally whichever persons family that is, there may be some resentment from having to move away from their home and be away from their family of origin. Not an easy position to be in.

they probably should have thought about that before getting married less than a year after they met!

dearactually
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dearactually »

strawberryam0 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:53 am
dearactually wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:34 pm

they probably should have thought about that before getting married less than a year after they met!
Yeah... I get it. They got married too soon, but even if they still decided to get married after dating for longer they'd still ultimately have the same decision to make. Kids change the game. Jess will naturally want to be near her family when she is pregnant and the kids are young. She's always said this. It's just a matter of whether Gabriel agrees with this and it doesn't sound like he gets it.

Return to “Jess and Gabriel”