Jess and Gabriel

EllieEllie
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jess and Gabriel

Post by EllieEllie »

They didn’t even bother to change the questions for that fan vs fan competition. Yesterday, one girl knew all the answers right away probably because she knew what questions they ask.

The funny thing is that even they have only 5 questions to remember, Jess still forgot one

Post by Guest »

EllieEllie wrote:They didn’t even bother to change the questions for that fan vs fan competition. Yesterday, one girl knew all the answers right away probably because she knew what questions they ask.
It's kind of lazy and unfair for them to not change the questions at all. I wouldn't be surprised if she did know the questions and answers beforehand. They have die hard fans who are obsessed with them, who probably watched their concert in full before they even went, and who are not opposed to using underhand tactics to get what they want. I remember seeing a post on Instagram where a girl confessed that her friend had lied to everyone about it being her birthday, just so that they would sing to her.

EllieEllie
Debater
Debater

Post by EllieEllie »

Seasidedreams wrote:
EllieEllie wrote:They didn’t even bother to change the questions for that fan vs fan competition. Yesterday, one girl knew all the answers right away probably because she knew what questions they ask.
It's kind of lazy and unfair for them to not change the questions at all. I wouldn't be surprised if she did know the questions and answers beforehand. They have die hard fans who are obsessed with them, who probably watched their concert in full before they even went, and who are not opposed to using underhand tactics to get what they want. I remember seeing a post on Instagram where a girl confessed that her friend had lied to everyone about it being her birthday, just so that they would sing to her.

That’s terrible :o I think I saw someone’s video of them singing a birthday song in NYC

Brookesie
Informer
Informer

Post by Brookesie »

verano wrote:We need new thread name ideas
I like the idea 'Jess and Gabriel "anything for views" Conte.'

Short and accurately straight to the point. ;)

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

Gabe when literally anyone else tries to talk: "ANYWAY"

Yogurl
Learner
Learner

Post by Yogurl »

Gabe is harmless you guys. He's just really, well, extraverted.Says on wiki that "Extraversion is the state of primarily obtaining gratification from outside oneself.Extraverts tend to enjoy human interaction and to be enthusiastic, talkative, assertive and gregarious. " Sounds about right. I think sometimes some of us viewers secretly wish he 'd just meet his match already, that someone smart and on a whole nother level with sarcasm will challenge his ways, will put him in his place, will shut him up without overtalking him. But with no ill intent tho. The idea is entertaining for some reason. :lol:

Post by Guest »

Gabe may seem harmless on the surface, but remember that they are more often than not on their "best behaviour" in the vlogs. They are well aware of what their audience wants to see, and their primary income and success is directly linked to how well their relationship is perceived.

So of course they are going to portray that they are happy and loved up, and the "harmful" parts to their image can easily be edited out. In the past, when they have left those bits in, they have received lots of negative feedback and even people saying that they are going to unsubscribe because they are no longer "relationship goals."

But things do slip through the cracks, and if you know what to look for, you can see that everything is not as rosy as it seems... The ways in which he often puts his needs first, interrupts her, makes fun of her and talks down to her... how he disrespects her feelings, her personal space, treats her like a child, etc...

A lot has already been said on the thread, as well as in comment sections - which have since been deleted or disabled - where it was pointed out how their relationship does not seem very healthy or happy. The only critiques you can really see of them now is on this thread, and so if you go back and read through it fully, you might just gain a new perspective about how "harmless" he really is and about whether their relationship is so great after all.

Brookesie
Informer
Informer

Post by Brookesie »

Yogurl wrote:Gabe is harmless you guys. He's just really, well, extraverted.Says on wiki that "Extraversion is the state of primarily obtaining gratification from outside oneself.Extraverts tend to enjoy human interaction and to be enthusiastic, talkative, assertive and gregarious. " Sounds about right. I think sometimes some of us viewers secretly wish he 'd just meet his match already, that someone smart and on a whole nother level with sarcasm will challenge his ways, will put him in his place, will shut him up without overtalking him. But with no ill intent tho. The idea is entertaining for some reason. :lol:
Harmless? So you think a boy talking over the top of a woman constantly is harmless and a coincidence, or..............?

:good1:

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

Brookesie wrote:
Yogurl wrote:Gabe is harmless you guys. He's just really, well, extraverted.Says on wiki that "Extraversion is the state of primarily obtaining gratification from outside oneself.Extraverts tend to enjoy human interaction and to be enthusiastic, talkative, assertive and gregarious. " Sounds about right. I think sometimes some of us viewers secretly wish he 'd just meet his match already, that someone smart and on a whole nother level with sarcasm will challenge his ways, will put him in his place, will shut him up without overtalking him. But with no ill intent tho. The idea is entertaining for some reason. :lol:
Harmless? So you think a boy talking over the top of a woman constantly is harmless and a coincidence, or..............?

:good1:
Yeah that's absolute crap. He's on the track to being abusive- sorry it might sound extreme, but this is how every abuser starts: "extroversion".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

Sorry for the double post but just to clarify - I don't think Gabriel is just an extrovert. He's a self-centred bully who thinks women's voices are decidedly less valuable than men's.

Post by Guest »

I recently watched a video by Anna Akana called "Take Your Birth Control," (definitely worth a watch), and later got to thinking about Jess and how forgetful she is... and I wondered, did they ever explain what she was sick with, that justified her going to see a doctor? I mean, it was serious enough that they had to cancel a show and lots of people asked about it on Twitter, so if she didn't say, why would she keep it a mysterious thing?

Also, her sickness happened about a week ago and about six weeks before then (early Sept), they released the video where they took a pregnancy test because Jess felt "weird." I just did a quick search online, and apparently six weeks is around the time that morning sickness usually kicks in. Lol, what are the odds of the timelines matching...

She also randomly tweeted a couple of days ago saying how it's such a blessing to be with Gabe and how life with him is "so so happy." That seems a little strange and out of the blue to me. I could be completely wrong with this theory, but if anyone has any thoughts or info to add or subract to this slightly crazy theory lol, feel free to share.

Yogurl
Learner
Learner

Post by Yogurl »

Idk you guys.They kinda had me fooled about the happy relationship. The thing is gabe does seemingly loving things for her too, he 's not just clowning around and making fun. I feel like he goes into that impatient state of mind mostly when their vlog cam is on and he just might be a lil more chill and cooperative when its just the two of them. I meant harmless as in easy to manage if you're a smart girl that doesn't take his lame teases seriously knowing when he's doin it FTV ( for the vlog, actually that 'd be a good thread name jess and gabe ftv :lol: ) . I think jess handles him ok. She might not take leadership over the camera very often cause maybe she finds it easier when someone else is making the calls most of the time so she can do the minimum of effort of gracing the viewers with the presence mostly ( she 's a leo after all so she might feel thats enough lol, they're also known to tend to assign tasks they don't feel worthy of to whoevers volunteering :lol: ) and put more energy into other activities off camera that she's more into ,like taking pictures or reorganising her to do list or ..beats me. So she lets gabe do his thing as long as he doesnt completely overstep couple goals boundaries and gets done with the vlog asap so she can do her own thing. :lol:
It's a perspective. He doesn't struck me as abusive but.. as with all things in life, you never know until you know right? Let's hope not tho.

Yogurl
Learner
Learner

Post by Yogurl »

Seasidedreams wrote:I recently watched a video by Anna Akana called "Take Your Birth Control," (definitely worth a watch), and later got to thinking about Jess and how forgetful she is... and I wondered, did they ever explain what she was sick with, that justified her going to see a doctor? I mean, it was serious enough that they had to cancel a show and lots of people asked about it on Twitter, so if she didn't say, why would she keep it a mysterious thing?

Also, her sickness happened about a week ago and about six weeks before then (early Sept), they released the video where they took a pregnancy test because Jess felt "weird." I just did a quick search online, and apparently six weeks is around the time that morning sickness usually kicks in. Lol, what are the odds of the timelines matching...

She also randomly tweeted a couple of days ago saying how it's such a blessing to be with Gabe and how life with him is "so so happy." That seems a little strange and out of the blue to me. I could be completely wrong with this theory, but if anyone has any thoughts or info to add or subract to this slightly crazy theory lol, feel free to share.
I think she had a simple cold/ sore throat. Her voice sounded that way in the last vlogs. As someone else said in the thread, they've been exposed all of a sudden to all of these different people and she also seems to value fashion more than her health sometimes ( in the last NY vlog for example she didn't dress according to the weather and she got cold, again in the SF vlog when they went to see the bridge and it was windy .. :) ).

You don't need much to catch a cold when your immune system is not trained do deal with high temperature variation and you can't help wearing thin fabrics while cold outside. A windbreaker over a turtleneck sweater and a pair of boots would've helped. But she wears these at 95 ⚪F only. :bhd:

Brookesie
Informer
Informer

Post by Brookesie »

kellyba34 wrote:Sorry for the double post but just to clarify - I don't think Gabriel is just an extrovert. He's a self-centred bully who thinks women's voices are decidedly less valuable than men's.

I feel the same on that issue. Jess is the *perfect* wifey for him - because she'd be pretty submissive and would take a lot of his shit. She wouldn't make a big deal when he continuously talks over the top of her.

I noticed when fans picked that up a few months ago and they ended up doing a response video literally LECTURING the fans as to why they shouldn't have said that.

Laaame.

:rofl:

What are they? Kindergarteners?

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

Brookesie wrote:
kellyba34 wrote:Sorry for the double post but just to clarify - I don't think Gabriel is just an extrovert. He's a self-centred bully who thinks women's voices are decidedly less valuable than men's.

I feel the same on that issue. Jess is the *perfect* wifey for him - because she'd be pretty submissive and would take a lot of his shit. She wouldn't make a big deal when he continuously talks over the top of her.

I noticed when fans picked that up a few months ago and they ended up doing a response video literally LECTURING the fans as to why they shouldn't have said that.

<a class="vglnk" href="" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>youtube</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>watch</span><span>?</span><span>v</span><span>=</span><span>9AxqUZHtDrw</span></a>

Laaame.

:rofl:

What are they? Kindergarteners?
That reminded me of in kindergarten when the teachers tell you "if someone is bullying you, put your hand up and say STOP!"

It's like they think they're our parents or something. They've got it completely backwards - we are their income stream.

Yogurl
Learner
Learner

Post by Yogurl »

kellyba34 wrote: It's like they think they're our parents or something. They've got it completely backwards - we are their income stream.

True dat but mesmerized fangirls feel the weird need to call them parents in the comment section so... thats where their sense of authority stems from i think.

Yogurl
Learner
Learner

Post by Yogurl »

And I didn't want to bring this up too but I've always thought at least some people raised into charismatic church attending fams will grow up admiring and looking up to the pastors, will be wanting to be "sprwading tha lit Word" in an effective way and end up applying that persuasively-authoritative tone to other personal truth sharing aswell.
When they had their preaching moments on twitter and yt I was surprised but then I learned they were part of hillsong and it made sense.
Ofc, I'm only assuming.
And any other assumptions would not be nice or kind , you guys. Dont be negative! You have to be nice and kind. Always. You just have to. Just because. :|
Kidding :lol:

Yogurl
Learner
Learner

Post by Yogurl »

So jess wants one more pup.
Like kristin. Is this a competition or something?

EllieEllie
Debater
Debater

Post by EllieEllie »

Jess has been wanting another dog for a while now, they mentioned it in one of their vlogs or Instagram live videos. I think it was before Kristin and Marcus got another puppy

Yogurl
Learner
Learner

Post by Yogurl »

Oh, k then. Wasn't aware of that.
Could the reason for wanting another be that maybe she got a little bored with milo?
That can happen, right?
( he's not a tiny pup anymore )

Return to “Jess and Gabriel”