Charles Gross - Part 2

Lorelei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Charles Gross - Part 2

Post by Lorelei »

If y'all have a clever title for this thread I will change the title for you guys!
Other thread had way too many posts :)

Continue here!
Kalel's Spread
SO KAWAII!!!!

eriklee95
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Charles Gross - Part 2

Post by eriklee95 »

Newbie to the Charles Gross thread :)

I have so many conflicting thoughts on Charles. On one hand, he is genuinely witty, self-deprecating, and amusing. On the other, he's insanely spoiled and lazy (blame is all on his parents). Hearing him rant about how tired he is from shopping all day is simultaneously rage-inducing and oddly relaxing, because he lives in a reality so far from anyone else.

He's also clearly lonely and bored, so he obsesses over his appearance, perfumes, and bags. I fell like he would gain a lot from traveling and volunteering. There's a good personality under all that selfishness.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

He's so jealous it's unbelievable. He WISHES he had the kind of money he talks about. The money his parents are saving by NOT sending him to school and by him living at home, gives him the opportunity to shop and put it back on his channel and write it off on taxes.

thinker16
Learner
Learner

Post by thinker16 »

Charles is obviously so bothered by people who have more money and a better lifestyle. He's that insecure and bitter kid that has to put down the things he can't have. Oh and let's not forget that time he just had to mention carrying $20k+ in cash to go buy a Birkin that he displays like a trophy. We see you Charlie.

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

He's such a diva, I love it. Although I do enjoy his content because I like to see how the other half lives, he sometimes gets on my nerves with his petty complaints.

lillemy01
Informer
Informer

Post by lillemy01 »

Yeay new tread :))))

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

i mostly watch him to laugh at him

thinker16
Learner
Learner

Post by thinker16 »

Tom Ford wouldn't be caught dead with an emaciated twink with busted lips, unkempt hair, and an overall bad aesthetic who reeks of stale perfume.

Post by Guest »

thinker16 wrote:Tom Ford wouldn't be caught dead with an emaciated twink with busted lips, unkempt hair, and an overall bad aesthetic who reeks of stale perfume.
haha i cant even see tom ford and charles together in theory

i find it so funny how charles tries so hard to seem rich. like he always says "country house" instead of "vacation home" because it sounds bougier lmfao

honest_girl_23
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by honest_girl_23 »

Ever since he started doing his daily vlogs, and stopped doing his more formal videos I stopped watching him. Can he please go back to being a fashion channel, there's so many collections going on at louis vuitton that'll be intresting to hear his opinion about. Because I could give two shits about all the guys he sleeps with
Any spelling errors are due to auto correct

thinker16
Learner
Learner

Post by thinker16 »

The vlogs are redundant. He talks about the same three things: skin, shopping, and sex. His life is so banal.

Customize this
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Customize this »

I've watched a few of his vids on yt and honestly I can only manage to get through a minute or two at best. I've read a few of the pages in this thread and in the first one and i have to largely agree with most everyones take on this seemingly vapid waste of time and oxygen.
Being gay myself and of an older generation I have the luxury of looking back on my youth in the gay world of the time (late 1980s) and I can relate on at least some level to him. Not in a way some might think, I was never into the "look at how oh so fabulous I am" mentality but I did have a few gay friends who truly could be clones of this guy. If history is to be a guide this lil narcissist will end up in one of two possible scenarios. He'll peak at some point and be outed as a complete fake and end up in some brilliant flame out which will haunt him the rest of his days. OR He'll have a "come to jesus" moment and develope some sort of humble nature that will turn off most of his viewership. Based on his video track record i'm thinking option one will most likely be the case. The web is filled with folks just like him and let's face it he's not doing anything new here. Been there, done that time to move on.
His constant complaining is annoying at best. His high maintainence lifestyle will someday hopefully prove too much for his adopted parents to oblige any further and ties will be cut leaving poor Chas. to dangle in the wind. If he had any true friends they tell him just how shallow and hollow his life truly is. Unfortunately though it seems they are much the same if not worse.
Ultimately the thing that bothers me the most other than the fact he seems to hook up at an alarming rate is the fact that people seem to actually look up to this guy as some sort of fashion icon or gay celebrity both of which couldn't be further from the truth. The fact that he proclaims himself to be a top is laughable at best but does lead me to wonder "If it's true how desperate are people to want to get shagged by some skinny twink whose hips might possible cut them". Meh, there's a fetish for everyone I guess.

** On a personal note ** I watched his "staycation" vid and as someone who worked in the hospitality industry for years I would've made him drag the mattress he doused with perfume home with him. People are sensitive to smells some to the point of life threatening reaction. Who the hell would want to check into a fine establishment like the viceroy only to find their mattress and room smelled worse than a Portuguese whore house on pay day?

NicoleThePickle
Debater
Debater

Post by NicoleThePickle »

Post by Guest »

CHARLES, if you are reading this, which you def are lmao, PLEASE make more fashion/style opinion videos. These vlogs are fun occasionally, but are getting really old...

alicia101
Talker
Talker

Post by alicia101 »

I love watching Charles's videos and I actually enjoy his humor and when he talks about fashion and perfumes. Though I do think that he's got some mental problems which he probably can not see himself. It has started to go out over his channel lately and I think that his YouTube channel would be a great opportunity for him to take better care of himself! He could start visiting different places in New York and take us with him, he could start working out to get more energy and enjoy staycations everyday except for the hotel part! He could get to know himself better, visit parks alone with a smoothie (not the expensive green ones that the hip moms drink, haha) as the company and just live outside of his family's apartment filled with antique stuff and Doritos! I think that would do both him and his followers good.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

eriklee95 wrote:Newbie to the Charles Gross thread :)

I have so many conflicting thoughts on Charles. On one hand, he is genuinely witty, self-deprecating, and amusing. On the other, he's insanely spoiled and lazy (blame is all on his parents). Hearing him rant about how tired he is from shopping all day is simultaneously rage-inducing and oddly relaxing, because he lives in a reality so far from anyone else.

He's also clearly lonely and bored, so he obsesses over his appearance, perfumes, and bags. I fell like he would gain a lot from traveling and volunteering. There's a good personality under all that selfishness.
Totally and completely agree with all of this.

The other gift Charles has is for conjuring up very detailed scenes to help describe what he's feeling. I loved the video he did when he was describing the kind of men that would wear the various scents he had. Seriously, he should be writing fiction...or writing anything. I think he'd be great at it.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

alicia101 wrote:I love watching Charles's videos and I actually enjoy his humor and when he talks about fashion and perfumes. Though I do think that he's got some mental problems which he probably can not see himself. It has started to go out over his channel lately and I think that his YouTube channel would be a great opportunity for him to take better care of himself! He could start visiting different places in New York and take us with him, he could start working out to get more energy and enjoy staycations everyday except for the hotel part! He could get to know himself better, visit parks alone with a smoothie (not the expensive green ones that the hip moms drink, haha) as the company and just live outside of his family's apartment filled with antique stuff and Doritos! I think that would do both him and his followers good.
I agree with all of this as well. I'm hoping his YT channel will inspire him to broaden his life.

It's such a shame he, obviously, feels weird about filming in public. How many times have we seen footage from a cab window? It's always disappointing when he says, "I'm of to (wherever)," and you, think, cool he's going to film it, only to then have him cut to him back in his room saying, "I'm back from (wherever)."

alicia101
Talker
Talker

Post by alicia101 »

Presence wrote:
alicia101 wrote:I love watching Charles's videos and I actually enjoy his humor and when he talks about fashion and perfumes. Though I do think that he's got some mental problems which he probably can not see himself. It has started to go out over his channel lately and I think that his YouTube channel would be a great opportunity for him to take better care of himself! He could start visiting different places in New York and take us with him, he could start working out to get more energy and enjoy staycations everyday except for the hotel part! He could get to know himself better, visit parks alone with a smoothie (not the expensive green ones that the hip moms drink, haha) as the company and just live outside of his family's apartment filled with antique stuff and Doritos! I think that would do both him and his followers good.
I agree with all of this as well. I'm hoping his YT channel will inspire him to broaden his life.

It's such a shame he, obviously, feels weird about filming in public. How many times have we seen footage from a cab window? It's always disappointing when he says, "I'm of to (wherever)," and you, think, cool he's going to film it, only to then have him cut to him back in his room saying, "I'm back from (wherever)."
You are absolutely right. If he could overcome the fear of filming in public, his produced content would be extraordinary and something that you don't see on every YouTuber's channel. It is so much about products everywhere, which is fine, but I agree with what you wrote in another post above that he's got a talent for describing feelings and senses in such an amusing and exciting way! If only he could use that talent and at the same time work on his own wellbeing, he could go far in life and in his content production.

thinker16
Learner
Learner

Post by thinker16 »

I don't think he's scared to film in public, he's just too arrogant to do it. He'd rather be switchin down the street with resting bitch face while carrying his overrated bags. He's so delusional that he believes everyone drops what they're doing just to stare at him. What would the bougie socialites, he wishes he was like, think of someone filming themselves in public. Gasp!

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

thinker16 wrote:I don't think he's scared to film in public, he's just too arrogant to do it. He'd rather be switchin down the street with resting bitch face while carrying his overrated bags. He's so delusional that he believes everyone drops what they're doing just to stare at him. What would the bougie socialites, he wishes he was like, think of someone filming themselves in public. Gasp!
I would say there is an element of that--afraid of not looking sophisticated. But I think, as his channel grows, he does have a desire to offer more interesting footage but is too afraid to be seen, by anyone, talking to himself into a camera. You can't blame him. It seems to take most vloggers awhile to get used to that.

I watch this flight attendant vlogger, Fly With Stella, and that chick is fearless when it comes to filming anywhere, any time, no matter what's going on around her. I hope, one day, Charles will be the same and can adopt more of a "I'm approaching this like a journalist would" kind of mentality and bring us some good footage.

thinker16: I don't blame you for having disdain for Charles. But I have to say, I don't think he's as vapid as you think he is.

Please, Charles, prove me right on that one.

Return to “Charles Gross”