Learningtobeawalrus - Part 14

Alexandra Rodriguez
WCSaidSo

Re: Learningtobeawalrus - Part 14

Post by WCSaidSo »

[quote="Pass the garlic salt"]Image

I don’t normally criticize the body of another woman, especially publicly, and I know this is :horse: , however, I am feeling a little traumatized. I am not exaggerating. I feel like I saw something I shouldn’t have seen and, now, I can’t “unsee” it. :?

Again, I am old school. I would never ever post a picture of myself in lingerie. Lingerie is not supposed to be worn publicly. How can she not see how terrible she looks?! She could have at least stood in her obese-flamingo pose. Alex needs to learn that the internet is forever, and no man should see that much of you before he’s even met you. Blech!

Seriously!! Just looking at this makes me feel fatter! Like, it’s triggering because I used to look about half that bad in my lingerie...help! My eyes!! My soul!!

TedsMom
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TedsMom »

MeekNMild wrote:
TedsMom wrote:Regarding that lingerie photo - I think it’s pretty much agreed upon here that she looks like the epitome of desperate and insecure. Seriously, that photo could be a meme.

You know what I did after my last breakup? I quit my job, moved across the country alone and found a new career within 3 weeks of living in a state I’d never set foot in before and was making almost double what I made before. I adopted a kitten as a roommate, still found time to run 2 miles every day and made friends - and I’d never felt more confident in my life. And sure enough, as I was getting ready for a date my ex boyfriend sends me an “I miss you” text because he was aware that I’d moved forward with my life and bettered myself without him.
I ended up having to block his number because I met my current husband :love2:

I’d tell any woman who just went through a breakup to seize the opportunity to create a new, better life for yourself. Don’t sit around sad (although it’s perfectly fine to have your mourning period after a breakup, just don’t let it consume you) and go out and create healthy habits. Start a new exercise routine, do something new at work, make more friends. But do NOT try to get “revenge”, it looks pathetic and signals that you aren’t over him. I wish Alex had a friend who would explain this to her.
I essentially did the same thing. Put my shit in storage, packed up two suitcases and headed to Boston. It was the best thing I did for my self after my breakup. Alex is so immature about this whole breakup she doesn’t realize how ridiculous, desperate and needy she’s looking. Alan (although not my favorite) is living what seems like a normal life post breakup. He’s on not online dropping subliminal quotes or posting half naked with his bird chest. I’m sick of her and these posts honestly. And about her going to the gym to improve her health? Bitch, you know damn well that is not the case. Alex seems to be getting larger by the week. She needs to save her money and stop going to the gym and also fire her therapist.
Maybe I missed it but has Alex ever actually showed herself at the gym? It’s usually her saying she’s about to go and then the next scene is her back home from the gym. I don’t doubt she goes to one necessarily but I’m kind of curious to know what exercises she does there. If you’re regularly exercising and eating right you WILL lose weight. Alex only seems to be getting bigger. It’s almost like she just enjoys dressing in cute Nike gym activewear and saying she goes to the gym but how seriously is she taking her health at the end of the day?

disigney
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by disigney »

TedsMom wrote:
MeekNMild wrote:
TedsMom wrote:Regarding that lingerie photo - I think it’s pretty much agreed upon here that she looks like the epitome of desperate and insecure. Seriously, that photo could be a meme.

You know what I did after my last breakup? I quit my job, moved across the country alone and found a new career within 3 weeks of living in a state I’d never set foot in before and was making almost double what I made before. I adopted a kitten as a roommate, still found time to run 2 miles every day and made friends - and I’d never felt more confident in my life. And sure enough, as I was getting ready for a date my ex boyfriend sends me an “I miss you” text because he was aware that I’d moved forward with my life and bettered myself without him.

I’d tell any woman who just went through a breakup to seize the opportunity to create a new, better life for yourself. Don’t sit around sad (although it’s perfectly fine to have your mourning period after a breakup, just don’t let it consume you) and go out and create healthy habits. Start a new exercise routine, do something new at work, make more friends. But do NOT try to get “revenge”, it looks pathetic and signals that you aren’t over him. I wish Alex had a friend who would explain this to her.
I essentially did the same thing. Put my shit in storage, packed up two suitcases and headed to Boston. It was the best thing I did for my self after my breakup. Alex is so immature about this whole breakup she doesn’t realize how ridiculous, desperate and needy she’s looking. Alan (although not my favorite) is living what seems like a normal life post breakup. He’s on not online dropping subliminal quotes or posting half naked with his bird chest. I’m sick of her and these posts honestly. And about her going to the gym to improve her health? Bitch, you know damn well that is not the case. Alex seems to be getting larger by the week. She needs to save her money and stop going to the gym and also fire her therapist.
Maybe I missed it but has Alex ever actually showed herself at the gym? It’s usually her saying she’s about to go and then the next scene is her back home from the gym. I don’t doubt she goes to one necessarily but I’m kind of curious to know what exercises she does there. If you’re regularly exercising and eating right you WILL lose weight. Alex only seems to be getting bigger. It’s almost like she just enjoys dressing in cute Nike gym activewear and saying she goes to the gym but how seriously is she taking her health at the end of the day?
She’s not taking it seriously. You could go to the gym 7 days a week but if you’re not adjusting your diet, you’re working out for no reason. She eats out every single day and never is it anything remotely healthy. Easily 2,000+ calories (not even counting the obscene amount of carbs and sugar she takes in daily), especially at her restaurant of choice The Cheesecake Factory. She doesn’t give a shit about her health and she can act like going to the gym once in a while cancels out her shitty diet but it doesn’t. We all have eyes and we can see it’s not doing shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhatsTheTeaSis
Informer
Informer

Post by WhatsTheTeaSis »

TedsMom wrote:
MeekNMild wrote:

She showed herself at the gym ONCE, not even for 5 minutes.

TedsMom
Talker
Talker

Post by TedsMom »

WhatsTheTeaSis wrote:
TedsMom wrote:
MeekNMild wrote:

You’d think that she would be showing her subscribers her fitness routine since she’s an alleged “influencer”. Why does she cut out what is arguably the most productive thing she does and instead subjects the internet to her mukbangs and Target trips? She does nothing that any sensible girl would ever aspire to.

WhatsTheTeaSis
Informer
Informer

Post by WhatsTheTeaSis »

TedsMom wrote:
WhatsTheTeaSis wrote:
TedsMom wrote:
MeekNMild wrote:

You’d think that she would be showing her subscribers her fitness routine since she’s an alleged “influencer”. Why does she cut out what is arguably the most productive thing she does and instead subjects the internet to her mukbangs and Target trips? She does nothing that any sensible girl would ever aspire to.
Exactly! I think she just cuts it out because she’s not actually going. But you’d think at this point she’d at least record herself their once even if it’s just to shut us up. There’s no way she’s going to the gym to do more than just sit and play on her phone or something. I mean, she still gets winded just walking around Target.

Also, I think she gave up on weight watchers. Again.

Elizabeth537
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Elizabeth537 »

disigney wrote:
TedsMom wrote:
MeekNMild wrote:

She’s not taking it seriously. You could go to the gym 7 days a week but if you’re not adjusting your diet, you’re working out for no reason. She eats out every single day and never is it anything remotely healthy. Easily 2,000+ calories (not even counting the obscene amount of carbs and sugar she takes in daily), especially at her restaurant of choice The Cheesecake Factory. She doesn’t give a shit about her health and she can act like going to the gym once in a while cancels out her shitty diet but it doesn’t. We all have eyes and we can see it’s not doing shit.

I guarantee she's eating much much more than 2000 calories.
During vlogmas she would have (just for dinner) an appetizer a full meal drinks dessert....
I'm sure her breakfast and lunch was crap too.
Some days she eat at restaurants for both lunch and dinnerImage
Restaurants have soo many hidden calories. If she doesn't start cooking at home she's going to balloon up like crazy.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

TedsMom
Talker
Talker

Post by TedsMom »

I don’t get people who don’t cook at home. It’s healthier than eating out, less expensive and it’s a basic life skill that (at least I) associate with someone who is independent and grown up.
If she ever expects to land a man that meets her standards, you can bet he’ll expect her to at least know how to cook for him when he comes home from working so hard to earn all of that money she is entitled to.

MissXmasBaby
Learner
Learner

Post by MissXmasBaby »

I often think of her real life friends and family who see these obscene pictures of her. Mark, for example, I feel like his fiancé wouldn’t be a huge fan of her posting these pictures then hanging out with him. SO AWKWARD.

TedsMom
Talker
Talker

Post by TedsMom »

MissXmasBaby wrote:I often think of her real life friends and family who see these obscene pictures of her. Mark, for example, I feel like his fiancé wouldn’t be a huge fan of her posting these pictures then hanging out with him. SO AWKWARD.
Speaking of this Mark guy, what the heck is up with him hanging around Alex so much? Isn’t he engaged or something? My husband would be pissed if I hung out with a dude who posts half naked pictures all day for just anyone.

Glittergirl19
Talker
Talker

Post by Glittergirl19 »

According to social blade she could be earning $228-$3.7K per month. https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/le ... befearless

Post by Guest »

In the lingerie pic....the border to the door is no where near parallel to the crease where walls adjoin on the other side= photoshop fo sho

paperboats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paperboats »

i bet alex doesn't film her workouts because they are pathetic. i'd say she doesn't burn more than 300 calories with them. and then she goes and eats an average of 4-5k calories a day. her weight gain really isn't mysterious :D

that lingerie pic is awful. girls like her are ruining the body positivity movement.
it is kind of sad, whatever happens, she will look back at her twenties and THIS is what she looked like. damn.

Post by Guest »

Did you listen to the new podcast? She says she doesn’t set New Years resolutions. And her mom is like “what about eating healthy, is that a goal you set for yourself?” (Or some wording like that) and Alex goes”...no” and then comes up with an excuse how she just wants to keep doing what she’s doing “I go to the gym 3 times a week and I eat.. I try to eat healthy”
At this point it’s not about trying. Either you’re in or you’re out. I get that you don’t want to put yourself on a diet- and you shouldn’t! Change your lifestyle!

green_eyez19
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by green_eyez19 »

I'm sorry but let's be real for a second. The average American woman is a size 16 so Alex is like what 2 or 3 sizes bigger that's hardly "bearded woman" territory and very common. Every time I come to the States I'm shocked at the amount of fat women. So let's not act holier than thou. She isn't the only girl failing at weight loss there are millions in the states and I'm sure there are millions lying to themselves about their size because they hate themselves so Alex isn't much different. The only difference is that she is a YouTuber living a public life and I would like her to be a role model but it is what it is.
I don't like Alex that much. She has an unpleasant personality, is very obnoxious and I wouldn't wanna be around her in real life but I'm not gonna fault her for being fat.
I just think she would be better off getting off YouTube living her life outside the public eye. She's just too greedy and delusional to do so and so I'm gonna keep watching because her bullsh*t is entertaining

lolwhataf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lolwhataf »

disigney wrote:
TedsMom wrote:
MeekNMild wrote:

I think Alex is just afraid of her minion's reaction when she announces that she wants to lose some weight.
Obese women are really sensible when it comes to weight issues. And she also wouldn't be body positive in their eyes anymore. Which is nonsense, you can love your body at any size or shape and still want to improve your health and diet.
The issue with her is she doesn't want to come off as if other people's opinions bother her, but they sure do because she depends on recognition and acceptance from other people.

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk

Lucy_123
Learner
Learner

Post by Lucy_123 »

Even though I can’t watch Alex’ videos anymore. I still hang around to see when she becomes the next Amberlynn Reid :rofl: Instead of eating out at restaurants she’ll go to MC drive through for a huge binge fest everyday. Although she will only show us that she just bought a diet coke. After het binge fest she cries her eyes out because she is so fat and there are no men interesting in her. After her childish crying she will put on the sluttiest lingerie and takes a picture that she will post online to feel better about herself. Her minions wil see she is beautiful and wish they were as confident as she is. Alex needs to see these comment to feel secure again. That only lasts for a day because she can’t stop her binge eating :FU:

geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by geekinthepink »

paperboats wrote:i bet alex doesn't film her workouts because they are pathetic. i'd say she doesn't burn more than 300 calories with them. and then she goes and eats an average of 4-5k calories a day. her weight gain really isn't mysterious :D

that lingerie pic is awful. girls like her are ruining the body positivity movement.
it is kind of sad, whatever happens, she will look back at her twenties and THIS is what she looked like. damn.
probably. it wouldn't be too much hard work for her to burn around 300 kcal as shes so fat anyway. you burn a lot at that weight if you move a little bit. but trying to squeeze into skimpy fupa showing underwear doesn't count as a workout.

TedsMom
Talker
Talker

Post by TedsMom »

green_eyez19 wrote:I'm sorry but let's be real for a second. The average American woman is a size 16 so Alex is like what 2 or 3 sizes bigger that's hardly "bearded woman" territory and very common. Every time I come to the States I'm shocked at the amount of fat women. So let's not act holier than thou. She isn't the only girl failing at weight loss there are millions in the states and I'm sure there are millions lying to themselves about their size because they hate themselves so Alex isn't much different. The only difference is that she is a YouTuber living a public life and I would like her to be a role model but it is what it is.
I don't like Alex that much. She has an unpleasant personality, is very obnoxious and I wouldn't wanna be around her in real life but I'm not gonna fault her for being fat.
I just think she would be better off getting off YouTube living her life outside the public eye. She's just too greedy and delusional to do so and so I'm gonna keep watching because her bullsh*t is entertaining
I’m not typically one to judge someone for being fat, but I do get bothered by people who whine and moan about it but refuse to work on becoming healthier. It’s even worse when she exploits her obesity for financial gain among naive, weight-sensitive subscribers.

I never started watching her because she inspired me or anything. I am a size 0 (also on the overall petite side, standing barely over 5 feet) but I keep an overall active lifestyle to maintain it by running every day and cooking. I didn’t let my pregnancy keep me from working out as I ran up until my 8th month when I gained 25lbs and just couldn’t run with that extra weight. But I chose to walk instead. I also worked through my pregnancy and remember being the only person taking 3 flights of stairs 9 months pregnant, huffing and puffing while everyone else was on the escalater next to me. Ultimately this lifestyle choice led me to get back to my pre pregnancy weight within the first month post partum.

My point is that you choose what you want to be. Yes, everyone is dealt a different life card and our own genetics, but you can consciously choose to be active or not. I’m the kind of person who doesn’t let my own weight gain excuse me from choosing to be healthy. Alex is the kind of person who makes a “Things Fat Girls Shouldn’t Do” video to make herself feel justified for not being healthy.

And she’s someone thousands of women look up to?

green_eyez19
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by green_eyez19 »

TedsMom wrote:
green_eyez19 wrote:I'm sorry but let's be real for a second. The average American woman is a size 16 so Alex is like what 2 or 3 sizes bigger that's hardly "bearded woman" territory and very common. Every time I come to the States I'm shocked at the amount of fat women. So let's not act holier than thou. She isn't the only girl failing at weight loss there are millions in the states and I'm sure there are millions lying to themselves about their size because they hate themselves so Alex isn't much different. The only difference is that she is a YouTuber living a public life and I would like her to be a role model but it is what it is.
I’m not typically one to judge someone for being fat, but I do get bothered by people who whine and moan about it but refuse to work on becoming healthier. It’s even worse when she exploits her obesity for financial gain among naive, weight-sensitive subscribers.

I never started watching her because she inspired me or anything. I am a size 0 (also on the overall petite side, standing barely over 5 feet) but I keep an overall active lifestyle to maintain it by running every day and cooking. I didn’t let my pregnancy keep me from working out as I ran up until my 8th month when I gained 25lbs and just couldn’t run with that extra weight. But I chose to walk instead. I also worked through my pregnancy and remember being the only person taking 3 flights of stairs 9 months pregnant, huffing and puffing while everyone else was on the escalater next to me. Ultimately this lifestyle choice led me to get back to my pre pregnancy weight within the first month post partum.

My point is that you choose what you want to be. Yes, everyone is dealt a different life card and our own genetics, but you can consciously choose to be active or not. I’m the kind of person who doesn’t let my own weight gain excuse me from choosing to be healthy. Alex is the kind of person who makes a “Things Fat Girls Shouldn’t Do” video to make herself feel justified for not being healthy.

And she’s someone thousands of women look up to?
I agree with I'm just saying Alex isn't the only one moaning and whining about her weight under the "I love myself" disguise. She's just one of many and pretty much an accurate depiction of the average fat girl. I think most fat chicks are delusional and a lot of women thrive watching her telling themselves "thank God I'm not like her" and I can admit that I'm one of them.
I, personally, believe that 95% of fat chicks wanna lose weight for optical reasons and not for health reasons and the shallowness of it is why they fail at weight loss. Most people only start losing weight once they had a serious health scare. I mean Alex is the best example after the fit she threw when her then dermatologist tried to suggest, in a very sensitive manner I might add, that her PP could also help with weight loss. Like how dare s/he?
I'm just trying to say that I don't get triggered by someone else's laziness because at the end of the day. I do think that it's sad that she has so much influence on younger girls that are searching for someone to look up to.

Return to “Learningtobefearless”