NikkieCopy&PasteLazytorials - Part 4

Gizmo2323
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NikkieCopy&PasteLazytorials - Part 4

Post by Gizmo2323 »

God idk what YT has done to me , but I actually got goosebumps watching Nikkie do those eyes in the latest video. Her aesthetic is a complete 180 to my minimalist schtick but damn I love to watch that shit I really do.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

UsedToLoveThem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by UsedToLoveThem »

the eyes are wonderful but the lips... gosh! Looks like the 90s are really making a come back because the lipliner is way too dark and sticks out like a sore thumb. Not pretty!

bellatrixxx
Talker
Talker

Post by bellatrixxx »

I just can't watch those youtubers applying yellow toned foundations when their undertone is obviously pink... what is with that, i really don't understand. Another thing I don't understand is the amount of foundation she puts on her sausage lips, it is grossing me out. But I agree she changed since that fallout with Joffree and became more likeable, also in my opinion she is quite responsable with money she gets from youtube, sponsorships and collabs, I mean Jaclyn Hill just bought a 2 million dollars home and spent at least another milion on decorating it. Nikkie seems professional and smart about youtube and all the dramas and I still like her because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LadyofLothlorien
Learner
Learner

Post by LadyofLothlorien »

...so she was waiting to do a collab with maybelline to use drugstore products? She almost never uses low budget stuff either way, so I'm not buying the whole thing, like, everyone remembers about that 200 dollar primer. One last thing, it is interesting how she is still drawn to the US beauty guru lifestyle, I understand that most major companies have their headquarters there, but she almost always seems to forget that she is in Europe and she has a large fan base across the EU. I am pointing that out bc a lot of people seemed to complain in the comments section about the contest being in the US exclusively or wanting her to use products that can be found easily in EU.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

LadyofLothlorien wrote:...so she was waiting to do a collab with maybelline to use drugstore products? She almost never uses low budget stuff either way, so I'm not buying the whole thing, like, everyone remembers about that 200 dollar primer. One last thing, it is interesting how she is still drawn to the US beauty guru lifestyle, I understand that most major companies have their headquarters there, but she almost always seems to forget that she is in Europe and she has a large fan base across the EU. I am pointing that out bc a lot of people seemed to complain in the comments section about the contest being in the US exclusively or wanting her to use products that can be found easily in EU.
Yeah, I don't buy the whole "Maybelline is one of my favorite drugstore brands." Uh huh...since when? Since they took you on a trip? :roll: And yes, the "open to US only" is ridiculous.
Blending is my cardio.

karmatica
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by karmatica »

I'm cross-posting this from Jeffree Star's thread because he's coming for Nikkie yet again.

Move on, dude! By the way, Joffree said that he blocked Nikkie... yet he always brings her up and keeps tabs on her! Sure, Jan!

I just got the screenshots in case this jackass tries to tweet & delete again.

When Joffree's boyfriend's brother moved back to Michigan, Joffree made some cryptic tweets about family taking advantage and treating you like shit. Someone asked J* if he was talking about Nikkie. Joffree said no and that she's not his family. JFC, was that really necessary to say it like that? J* deleted his tweet/answer about Nikkie shortly thereafter.

Let's not forget that Joffree went on another Snapchat rant about how someone said that he copied Nikkie's video title not too long ago. At the end of the rant, J* made a threat about how Nikkie won't say anything because he has ~*dirt on everyone*~... and he quickly deleted that snap. Lucky that Here For The Tea got that receipt!

Joffree can't bear to have anyone, especially a former friend, doing better than him. You also know J* is mad that Nikkie got to collab with KKW.

TBH, Joffree probably won't get the opportunity to collab after his drama with KKW. Kim originally defended and then quickly backpedaled & apologized for supporting Joffree. The mainstream media ran with this story and exposed more people to J*'s racist past & non-apology. :rofl:

Grow up and stay pressed, Jigsaw! :FU: :roll:

I'm proud of Nikkie for always staying above the pettiness and being professional.

I side eyed that new video for the reasons you guys mentioned though. I also don't understand why Nikkie was OK with making the giveaway open to the US Only when she is in EU.

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

I'm extremely confused why Jeffree has a hate on for Nikkie. His vendetta against Kat Von D is fathomable since she exposed him and in his eyes drew first blood. I also have my own theory about him...he hates hates hates Jared and Too Faced and I, personally, just my opinion, suspect it has more to it than Jared simply being BFF with his former BFF &/or fucking over Nikkie. I think Jeffree went for or was competing in the Lauder acquisition, and they went with Too Faced for $$$$.

Back to Nikkie he is one petty mf to expose her confidential business dealings and play it off like he was defending her and then shading her success. While he's so petty and pressed she stays blessed. I think she learned a valuable lesson from him though.

karmatica
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by karmatica »

^ That's exactly why Joffree hates Jerrod.

Jerrod sided with Kat when she publicly denounced Joffree. Jerrod was also seen liking comments that were anti-Joffree. So J* used what Jerrod did to Tarte as an excuse to come for Jerrod.

Joffree and Nikkie also became distant around the same time. Therefore, J* was killing three birds with one stone in his eyes: get lots of publicity, try to bring down Jerrod by exposing his alleged shady dealings towards Nikkie and try to jeopardize Nikkie's future business deals at the same time.

I almost forgot to post these tweets about how the majority of Nikkie's subscribers are supposedly inactive and/or don't watch her. I feel like this is reaching TBH:

Plus, a lot of people hate watch Joffree and don't necessarily subscribe to his channel. Not to mention that people only watch J* because of all of good & bad publicity he has recently received.

Joffree and his businesses would be irrelevant again if he didn't have a constant cycle of drama and controversy.

Anyway, Nikkie completely washed her hands clean of Joffree. Nikkie has never responded to his repeated baiting and I hope that she never does.

I think that Nikkie has changed for the better and she deserves a lot of respect for keeping it professional.

Nikkie is currently embodying this George Herbert quote: "Living well is the best revenge."

Nazzababy13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nazzababy13 »

UsedToLoveThem wrote:
Delet This wrote:How long is Kim gonna be editing her video with Nikkie? They taped it like 3 weeks ago or something.

I was gonna make a joke about fatass or Big Booty but it probably would have read as shade on Nikkie instead of Kim.
Looks like the video didn't get approved by Kim and her team.
Wait what so the video is not going up at all??

bellatrixxx
Talker
Talker

Post by bellatrixxx »

Nazzababy13 wrote:
UsedToLoveThem wrote:
Delet This wrote:How long is Kim gonna be editing her video with Nikkie? They taped it like 3 weeks ago or something.

I was gonna make a joke about fatass or Big Booty but it probably would have read as shade on Nikkie instead of Kim.
Looks like the video didn't get approved by Kim and her team.
Wait what so the video is not going up at all??

Last what I saw about it is that it is going up on Friday.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

he must be simply jealous!
and it should teach Nikkie a lesson to choose her public friends wisely

UsedToLoveThem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by UsedToLoveThem »

bellatrixxx wrote:
Last what I saw about it is that it is going up on Friday.

yup, it will be up today but some people on twitter said she had to change some parts because Kim didn't approve that's why it took so long

J* is just an ass. Even when Nikkie isn't number one beauty guru, there's always Michelle Phan or Zoella with 11 million. True, Zoella rarely makes tutorials now and has more a vlog channel than anything else but he still wouldn't be number one!

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

Her KKW video was meh.

fantasy
Debater
Debater

Post by fantasy »

Delet This wrote:Her KKW video was meh.
I liked that she did her the power of makeup thing - one of her most popular videos. She seemed very comfortable in the video, overall I enjoyed it. It was fun seeing Kim in more dramatic makeup than normally, she is so minimal nowadays (which isn't bad!). Sorry I know this is a trash thread lol, I just like Nikkie these days. I will say this though: she looked absolutely huge compared to Kim! Not shaming Nikkie though, she is looking better these days and Kim is small anyway

bellatrixxx
Talker
Talker

Post by bellatrixxx »

So I kinda liked her video with Kim, they both seemed really comfortable and overall it was kinda cute but I don't like the look she created on her, she copied look she does on herself and that doesn't work that well on Kim. They have completely different eye shapes, Nikkie can pull off that cut crease thing she always does because her eyelids are hooded and she doesn't have defined crease so she has to "create" one in order to pull off that look, in the other hand Kim has very exotic, beautiful eyes (not a Kardashian fan at all just saying it is a fact from my make up artist point of view) and her eyes simply are not adequate for that look. Her crease is well defined and she has put that gold shadow above her crease which just looks weird when light hits it. That is a basic mistake people do as a make up artists- if something works for you it doesn't mean it will look good on everybody, you have to be able to understand different eye/face shapes in order to be good at it. Nikkie has a lot of potential, she just needs to step back from that cakeface, cutcrease look, nothing wrong with it, just saying it doesn't work for everybody and your mission as a make up artist is to make somebody best version of themselves while they still look like themselves.

UsedToLoveThem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by UsedToLoveThem »

The fun thing is: There was still more chemistry in the room between her and Kim than during most of her collabs like the one with Desi. Still, Kim didn't look that impressed, she crossed her arms most of the times and looked like she'd rather be somewhere else.

All in all, I didn't like the video much. I mean... what was the purpose of that video other than Nikkie doing someones make up on camera? It was kinda boring.

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

Yes I thought Patrick and Kim's went best. It was very natural and like 2 friends chatting. The conversation felt very organic and there was warmthz

There were moments when Nikkie was speaking that felt she went on a bit too long or Kim wasn't as invested in her reply. I found her makeup look on Kim lacking. The eye was too heavy. I'm not really a fan of that tutorial style by the way. Yes a bare greasy face on one side and 20 products caked are gonna have a contrast, no shit.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

I wasn't crazy about the finished "one side of Kim's face" that Nikkie did. It was very Nikkie and no, didn't translate on Kim well, at least the way Kim's makeup normally looks when Mario does it.

I didn't realize just how petite Kim is until I saw her next to Nikkie, either!
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

I feel like if she wanted to do a Nikkie type look on Kim maybe do a colorful wild colored eye and bold pout. Kim mentioned she loved blue as teen and actually a blue eye look would be pretty on her if some well.

And like more highlighter since Nikkie is practically C3PO. I do think Nikkie did a better job than Jaclyn. Did it meet my expectations nope.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

You gotta realize that Nikkie is like 30 cm taller than Kim (I don't know imperial measures, never will and refuse to! :P )
So, by all measures, they are both extremes for a woman - one is too tall, the other one is too short.
However, Nikkie is giant, no photoshop there.

Did you notice how the lower part of Nikkie's earlobe is covered in foundation whereas the upper part is pink? :D

Return to “NikkieTutorials”