RachTho05
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikkiedragtorials - The power of Cakeup - Part 3

Post by RachTho05 »

Hi guys! Newbie, longtime lurker.

I used to really like Nikki, but recently I've been getting fed up of the same cakeup looks, her laziness, her wannabe LA girl attitude etc. I think she'll announce next year she's moving to LA. Just watched her recent snapchat, she apparently received the new Kylie bundle within 3 days. Really?! Maybe takes 3 days in the US, but no way would it be that fast getting to the Netherlands. Stop bullshitting!!

Also grinds on my gears how every week there's an excuse for not filming or uploading, like literally what else do you do all day? She does two videos a week! She's not as busy as other gurus, her snaps are always her in her bed watching Netflix. I seriously think she's depressed.

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

cheesecakelover wrote:
betylistic wrote:Hello, I have been reading the forum for a long time but I decided to create an account to join you guys. <3

So, I have just seen the last video and realised how dark her foundation shade was for a person who claims to be very good with makeup. My problem with Nikkie is that she claims that she is whiter than paper in every video at least once. Stating out how white you are all the time when actually you are not, and it does not even matter if you are or not does not seem nice to me at all. Doesn't this bother you as well? :roll:
I hate how she uses that NARS white powder to "dust off her bake." It looks extra ridiculous because it is only under her eyes and not anywhere else.
So ridiculous when she acted like the only thing that could highlight her oh so pale skin tone was the kryolan white paint stick

And I think the amount of highlighters she uses is excessive... her nose highlight is always way too bright and distracting, doesn't suit her nose at all...

CordeliaChase
Learner
Learner

Post by CordeliaChase »

Yeah, it really does seem like she's depressed. I try not to criticize her too much for "laziness" since that's likely just a symptom.

I do hate, however, that she claims to be an expert on wearability and duration of her makeup application when she doesn't wear it outside at all. And if she doesn't ever wear makeup other than the videos, she really must not love it and her chosen career probably isn't her passion at all.

I honestly think that she would probe be a lot happier if she gave up on this YouTube thing and found another career. Problem is that her resume is definitely nonexistent other than being "YouTube personality" for a few years.

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bambiii »

RachTho05 wrote: Just watched her recent snapchat, she apparently received the new Kylie bundle within 3 days. Really?! Maybe takes 3 days in the US, but no way would it be that fast getting to the Netherlands. Stop bullshitting!!.
really?! i live in europe ant it would take AT LEAST a week! tbh i already side-eyed her when she showed her cart at the kylie shop (wasnt it like 200-300.-?) i believe kylie cosmetics already announced her what she will be getting soon and she pretended to buy it herself.

BuhByeee
Debater
Debater

Post by BuhByeee »

CordeliaChase wrote:Yeah, it really does seem like she's depressed. I try not to criticize her too much for "laziness" since that's likely just a symptom.

I do hate, however, that she claims to be an expert on wearability and duration of her makeup application when she doesn't wear it outside at all. And if she doesn't ever wear makeup other than the videos, she really must not love it and her chosen career probably isn't her passion at all.

I honestly think that she would probe be a lot happier if she gave up on this YouTube thing and found another career. Problem is that her resume is definitely nonexistent other than being "YouTube personality" for a few years.
I do think she's unhappy, but I do not think its because she wants to switch careers... too shallow and invested. She's been a guru since her HS days....

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Nikkiedragtorials - The power of Cakeup - Part 3

Post by bambiii »

BuhByeee wrote:
CordeliaChase wrote:Yeah, it really does seem like she's depressed. I try not to criticize her too much for "laziness" since that's likely just a symptom.

I do think she's unhappy, but I do not think its because she wants to switch careers... too shallow and invested. She's been a guru since her HS days....
yeah i dont think she wants to do anything else but i think shes unhappy cause shes not in desi/chrisspys league, also looks-wise...instead her guru bff is kim thai lmao

...i know-shallow, but so is the industry.

RachTho05
Lurker
Lurker

Post by RachTho05 »

bambiii wrote:
RachTho05 wrote: Just watched her recent snapchat, she apparently received the new Kylie bundle within 3 days. Really?! Maybe takes 3 days in the US, but no way would it be that fast getting to the Netherlands. Stop bullshitting!!.
really?! i live in europe ant it would take AT LEAST a week! tbh i already side-eyed her when she showed her cart at the kylie shop (wasnt it like 200-300.-?) i believe kylie cosmetics already announced her what she will be getting soon and she pretended to buy it herself.
Yep, I live in Scotland and when I've ordered for Kylie or Jeffree Star it's taken at least a week (which is quick!) Yeah I believe that too, if she got sent the last palette for free she would get this for free. Jeffree got it as a PR package.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

betylistic wrote:Hello, I have been reading the forum for a long time but I decided to create an account to join you guys. <3

So, I have just seen the last video and realised how dark her foundation shade was for a person who claims to be very good with makeup. My problem with Nikkie is that she claims that she is whiter than paper in every video at least once. Stating out how white you are all the time when actually you are not, and it does not even matter if you are or not does not seem nice to me at all. Doesn't this bother you as well? :roll:
I made a similar post when I first signed up awhile back. I don't understand why she mentions her "pale pastiness" in every single video, like she's bragging about it and proud of it. Meanwhile, she proceeds to use makeup that's not the palest shade in the range, and uses the paler shades to highlight her undereyes.

Honestly, yes, this does bother me. I am several shades lighter than her. The light shades that she highlights with are sometimes even too dark for me. It's genuinely difficult to find things that work, and when I do, I often have to pay a lot more. I don't know why anyone would brag about being pale, or being any skintone for that matter! It's just skin, but she somehow thinks she's the palest creature to walk the earth and that she has special snowflake status. Like girl, get real.
Blending is my cardio.

cheesecakelover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheesecakelover »

trickylinguist wrote:

I made a similar post when I first signed up awhile back. I don't understand why she mentions her "pale pastiness" in every single video, like she's bragging about it and proud of it. Meanwhile, she proceeds to use makeup that's not the palest shade in the range, and uses the paler shades to highlight her undereyes.

Honestly, yes, this does bother me. I am several shades lighter than her. The light shades that she highlights with are sometimes even too dark for me. It's genuinely difficult to find things that work, and when I do, I often have to pay a lot more. I don't know why anyone would brag about being pale, or being any skintone for that matter! It's just skin, but she somehow thinks she's the palest creature to walk the earth and that she has special snowflake status. Like girl, get real.
Omg yes. The shade she uses to highlight under her eyes, I use for brow bone highlight and I have to really blend it out so that it doesn't look ridiculously harsh. And I'm paler than her. Maybe not by a lot, but I am paler. (No one is trying to look like Nikkie here, lol.)

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bambiii »

^she probably doesnt want to use the palest stuff bc she cant sell it to the majority? maybe she also feels like it makes her fatter?! maybe she thinks she can 'transform' her face more when she can paint in the pale parts as highlights only if you get what i mean.

i originally also found nikkie when she showed a contour for pale ppl (if youre looking for another pale skin youtuber i recommend kayla hagey)

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

My favourite pale-skinned Youtuber is Arna Alayne :) She's very beautiful and down-to-earth, and doesn't do ridiculous, over-the-top makeup.
Blending is my cardio.

NernerCat
Learner
Learner

Post by NernerCat »

trickylinguist wrote:My favourite pale-skinned Youtuber is Arna Alayne :) She's very beautiful and down-to-earth, and doesn't do ridiculous, over-the-top makeup.
Thank you for suggesting her; I have been binge watching her videos all evening. She is so beautiful and classy!

CordeliaChase
Learner
Learner

Post by CordeliaChase »

bambiii wrote:
BuhByeee wrote:

yeah i dont think she wants to do anything else but i think shes unhappy cause shes not in desi/chrisspys league, also looks-wise...instead her guru bff is kim thai lmao

...i know-shallow, but so is the industry.
Hmmm. Maybe you guys are right. But there's just something so off about someone who has 6 million subs not wanting to wear makeup other than on camera. I just can't believe she has any passion for makeup anymore if that's how she acts.

pandachan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pandachan »

When you take in to account, that her lights wash her out, she must look so yellow in real life:

RachTho05
Lurker
Lurker

Post by RachTho05 »

She had a 5 hour nap today. Yep, far too busy to go to the gym. :roll:

Oohshit1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Oohshit1 »

I discovered this site 2 days ago and this site so fucking awesome. I enjoyed reading the comments so I decided to register.

Youtube is so toxic now that most of them look like clones. The only thread I have read is Carli, Desi and Nikkie's. Desi and Carli's thread are mostly about being a typical mean girl, but Nikkie's thread is something else.

After reading every comment in this forum, I realized that I never really liked her style. I subscribed to her years ago because she's different and happy. Now oh god I don't know where to start, I stopped watching her videos for weeks since all of her looks are the same. So many discount codes and I love all the brands.
The last tutorial I watched is the Shout Out To My Ex makeup look, I saw Shannon's version and she did a pretty good job. Her hair color is similar to Perrie's so the makeup looks identical. She did try to know what color used on Perrie.

When I watched Nikkie's version, wtf it looks like her normal videos with a star stud. I didn't know she was a MUA cause most of her videos are drag. I didn't watch all of her old videos, but I remember the time I subscribed to her she looks good and her tips, style, the way she presents herself stands out from others. Now I think she went to makeup school just to be a guru in Youtube. It is pretty obvious now that she's a wannabe and she doesn't belong with US "makeup" guru group. :|

I read that Nikkie reads her so....

Nikkie you don't have to try so hard to be like them. Seriously girl, people subscribed because you gave a fresh idea and style. Just because there are a lot of well known U.S based guru, you have to change everything.
You have a pretty face and skin and you destroyed it by fillers and not taking care of yourself. If you really want to be like them then go outside, eat the right food, buy clothes, and get your hair done. Not wasting it all on makeup, this will sound mean but get a life outside Youtube! Maybe try taking a break from YT and social media.

No matter how hard you try, you'll never be like them. Especially the L.A group, you don't even need their approval. The only person you can fool with all of the photoshop and fake ass personality is YOURSELF. Most of them are insecure too and doesn't even try to understand the art of make-up.

Acting like a sloth with your job and working with brands that you don't even care, is an insult to REAL MAKEUP-ARTISTS. I miss the old days in Youtube where videos about make-up are sharing skills and ideas. That is the main reason why I joined. Now most of the videos now are a fucking joke and all clown looks.

If you don't like doing tutorials anymore and it is too much work for you then leave. Get a normal job like everyone else or whatever. If you really want to be an artist, go and do professional work. Hangout with other people, stop trying to fit in with people that obviously doesn't like you.

You still have a chance to be better than this mess. If you keep up with this fake persona, in a few years people will remember you as a wannabe drag that shares commercials on Youtube.

If you REALLY want to be a professional artist, you are wasting most of your time on and everything you learned from school on the toxic side on youtube.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

NernerCat wrote:
trickylinguist wrote:My favourite pale-skinned Youtuber is Arna Alayne :) She's very beautiful and down-to-earth, and doesn't do ridiculous, over-the-top makeup.
Thank you for suggesting her; I have been binge watching her videos all evening. She is so beautiful and classy!
No problem! I'm glad you enjoy her videos. Yeah, she's very classy. It's so refreshing when so many Youtubers are loud and obnoxious.
Blending is my cardio.

betylistic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by betylistic »

Nikkie has gone through puberty on YouTube, and after trying to fit in so many years she found a group of friends, a fake fame and blind admirers. She could not manage this lifestyle and she will not end up higher than she were before if this laziness and need for conformity doesn't go away. I don't know when was the last time I've seen a constructive feedback on her comment sections. Either no-one is writing anything or someone is deleting any comments that are not about "blinding highlight".

I really wonder why doesn't anyone in her family or Rick give her some advice to stay true to herself.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I'm kind of wondering why she hasn't just packed up and moved to the US. She's been trying to fit in with American YouTubers from the start, she's never been interested in doing anything with the Dutch YouTube community, and she gears all her videos towards an American audience (Thanksgiving tutorials, etc). She's clearly a bit obsessed and it would make sense if she tried to move.

Her terrible choice in foundation colour is exactly why I don't wear foundation - because I'm tonedeaf when it comes to shades and matching. I would expect a MUA to know better, though...

OK, OT for just a sec here...
CordeliaChase wrote: Hmmm. Maybe you guys are right. But there's just something so off about someone who has 6 million subs not wanting to wear makeup other than on camera. I just can't believe she has any passion for makeup anymore if that's how she acts.
YOUR USERNAME GIVES ME LIFE

Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

Return to “NikkieTutorials”