Nikkiedragtorials - The power of Cakeup - Part 3

Oohshit1
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikkiedragtorials - The power of Cakeup - Part 3

Post by Oohshit1 »

I discovered this site 2 days ago and this site so fucking awesome. I enjoyed reading the comments so I decided to register.

Youtube is so toxic now that most of them look like clones. The only thread I have read is Carli, Desi and Nikkie's. Desi and Carli's thread are mostly about being a typical mean girl, but Nikkie's thread is something else.

After reading every comment in this forum, I realized that I never really liked her style. I subscribed to her years ago because she's different and happy. Now oh god I don't know where to start, I stopped watching her videos for weeks since all of her looks are the same. So many discount codes and I love all the brands.
The last tutorial I watched is the Shout Out To My Ex makeup look, I saw Shannon's version and she did a pretty good job. Her hair color is similar to Perrie's so the makeup looks identical. She did try to know what color used on Perrie.

When I watched Nikkie's version, wtf it looks like her normal videos with a star stud. I didn't know she was a MUA cause most of her videos are drag. I didn't watch all of her old videos, but I remember the time I subscribed to her she looks good and her tips, style, the way she presents herself stands out from others. Now I think she went to makeup school just to be a guru in Youtube. It is pretty obvious now that she's a wannabe and she doesn't belong with US "makeup" guru group. :|

I read that Nikkie reads her so....

Nikkie you don't have to try so hard to be like them. Seriously girl, people subscribed because you gave a fresh idea and style. Just because there are a lot of well known U.S based guru, you have to change everything.
You have a pretty face and skin and you destroyed it by fillers and not taking care of yourself. If you really want to be like them then go outside, eat the right food, buy clothes, and get your hair done. Not wasting it all on makeup, this will sound mean but get a life outside Youtube! Maybe try taking a break from YT and social media.

No matter how hard you try, you'll never be like them. Especially the L.A group, you don't even need their approval. The only person you can fool with all of the photoshop and fake ass personality is YOURSELF. Most of them are insecure too and doesn't even try to understand the art of make-up.

Acting like a sloth with your job and working with brands that you don't even care, is an insult to REAL MAKEUP-ARTISTS. I miss the old days in Youtube where videos about make-up are sharing skills and ideas. That is the main reason why I joined. Now most of the videos now are a fucking joke and all clown looks.

If you don't like doing tutorials anymore and it is too much work for you then leave. Get a normal job like everyone else or whatever. If you really want to be an artist, go and do professional work. Hangout with other people, stop trying to fit in with people that obviously doesn't like you.

You still have a chance to be better than this mess. If you keep up with this fake persona, in a few years people will remember you as a wannabe drag that shares commercials on Youtube.

If you REALLY want to be a professional artist, you are wasting most of your time on and everything you learned from school on the toxic side on youtube.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

NernerCat wrote:
trickylinguist wrote:My favourite pale-skinned Youtuber is Arna Alayne :) She's very beautiful and down-to-earth, and doesn't do ridiculous, over-the-top makeup.
Thank you for suggesting her; I have been binge watching her videos all evening. She is so beautiful and classy!
No problem! I'm glad you enjoy her videos. Yeah, she's very classy. It's so refreshing when so many Youtubers are loud and obnoxious.
Blending is my cardio.

betylistic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by betylistic »

Nikkie has gone through puberty on YouTube, and after trying to fit in so many years she found a group of friends, a fake fame and blind admirers. She could not manage this lifestyle and she will not end up higher than she were before if this laziness and need for conformity doesn't go away. I don't know when was the last time I've seen a constructive feedback on her comment sections. Either no-one is writing anything or someone is deleting any comments that are not about "blinding highlight".

I really wonder why doesn't anyone in her family or Rick give her some advice to stay true to herself.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I'm kind of wondering why she hasn't just packed up and moved to the US. She's been trying to fit in with American YouTubers from the start, she's never been interested in doing anything with the Dutch YouTube community, and she gears all her videos towards an American audience (Thanksgiving tutorials, etc). She's clearly a bit obsessed and it would make sense if she tried to move.

Her terrible choice in foundation colour is exactly why I don't wear foundation - because I'm tonedeaf when it comes to shades and matching. I would expect a MUA to know better, though...

OK, OT for just a sec here...
CordeliaChase wrote: Hmmm. Maybe you guys are right. But there's just something so off about someone who has 6 million subs not wanting to wear makeup other than on camera. I just can't believe she has any passion for makeup anymore if that's how she acts.
YOUR USERNAME GIVES ME LIFE

Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

BuhByeee
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by BuhByeee »

scar.png
Did anyone else noticed that scar on her forehead? :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “NikkieTutorials”