Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Locked
bubblezzlovesvictor
Learner
Learner
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by bubblezzlovesvictor » Mon May 30, 2016 8:56 am

I'm always weary of youtubers who's main audience is a bunch of 11 year olds they tend to be shrieky, gimmick-y ,annoying people. She is no exception. Frankly I can't believe a huge brand like tart chose her to represent them

SugarSnap
Learner
Learner
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 4:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by SugarSnap » Mon May 30, 2016 9:16 am

bubblezzlovesvictor wrote:I'm always weary of youtubers who's main audience is a bunch of 11 year olds they tend to be shrieky, gimmick-y ,annoying people. She is no exception. Frankly I can't believe a huge brand like tart chose her to represent them
These companies will choose anything to represent them now, just take a look at what Z-Listers advertise products and that proves the point. In the UK we get it bad, any old non entity can get up and be "the face" of something and we get them endlessly shoved down our throats.
So the choice of Bunny does not surprise me at all - the company just looks at the size of her channel and works on that. The fact that the majority of her subscribers are school kids is probably a good thing for them as they will nag at parents until they buy them the product.

User avatar
takingouttrash
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1023
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:57 am
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 747 times

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by takingouttrash » Mon May 30, 2016 9:54 am

"believe in yourself, love yourself, embrace your individuality"

Bring out a boring as fuck palette to try and cater to the masses instead of trying to be different!

I had a big post written when her vid came out and pressed submit but I guess the site decided to be an ass and not post it, I ain't wasting my time with that shit again.

I did feel it was very arrogant to say they put a profile on the box "just in case" someone doesn't know who she is.

User avatar
takingouttrash
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1023
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:57 am
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 747 times

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by takingouttrash » Mon May 30, 2016 10:01 am

I'm watching the JS vid right now...

"gonna dip back into Dogman"

:rofl:

User avatar
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 20123
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:08 am
Has thanked: 430 times
Been thanked: 2414 times

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by LiddlePallid » Mon May 30, 2016 11:03 am

It's so funny because all her insane fans are trying to grasp at straws for reasons why "ohmygosh this palette is sewwwww her! You don't understand!" Mmkay, kids. None of them remember early Bunny videos because they obviously jumped on the bandwagon later when she started gaining popularity and now most of her old shit has been deleted to hide the fact that she loved Lady Gaga and wore heavy black eyeshadow ON THE DAILY. It's not even worth arguing with these people, because you can throw evidence right in front of them and they still say "nope you're wrong." :rofl:

realistic_dreamer2
Learner
Learner
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 4:59 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by realistic_dreamer2 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:27 am

LiddlePallid wrote:None of them remember early Bunny videos because they obviously jumped on the bandwagon later when she started gaining popularity and now most of her old shit has been deleted to hide the fact that she loved Lady Gaga and wore heavy black eyeshadow ON THE DAILY.
Yup, I expected few shades of green, black, lilac, red lipstic ofc (that other lipstick was sooo off)... ooor something crazy.. I mean, these people from Tarte, HAVE THEY SEEN HER BEFORE? That palete is way to light and shimmery for her..

And even she said it, she can't please everyone and made the most basic palette ever (that would be useful to most)... So this is just another basic tarte palette that has grav3yard girl written on it.

User avatar
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 20123
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:08 am
Has thanked: 430 times
Been thanked: 2414 times

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by LiddlePallid » Mon May 30, 2016 3:23 pm

Not to mention the bronzer is super dark and orangey. Definitely not one that would suit her skintone at all. If that was even the one that she had on her face in the video she did about it, she must have used the tiniest amount because there's just no way from all the pics I've seen that that bronzer isn't too dark for her lol

User avatar
takingouttrash
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1023
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:57 am
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 747 times

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by takingouttrash » Mon May 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Yeah, if she wanted one she could use, a dupe for NYX's taupe blush would have been perfect, but then "not everyone could wear it waaaaahhh!"

JS really did sell her palette better than she did. That's how you fucking sell a palette. You big up the shades as you're doing a look with them not just rant and rave for an hour about haters, how the Swamp Fam harassed Tarte to make it and how much you appreciate them but you'll never do a Swamp Family mail video and how you need to dispel the rumours about your fans only being a certain age group.

The only thing I will say about JS's look is I felt the line between the sassy bun shade and the darker colour towards the outer corner wasn't blended enough so it looked like just a line instead of a nice blend, and it was bothering me since I know JS is great at applying makeup.

kisincda
Learner
Learner
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:34 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by kisincda » Tue May 31, 2016 3:44 am

Along with the fact that there's no green at all in her palette, I'm surprised she didn't insist on some crazy kind of blue. You know, to rep those oh-so-blue-and-so-real baby blues of hers.

:roll:

User avatar
beautyblenderhohoho
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 12:21 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 475 times

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by beautyblenderhohoho » Tue May 31, 2016 1:06 pm

people are reselling her palette guys!!!! just like they do every other palette!!!! how dare someone other than bunny profit off her minions!!!!

SugarSnap
Learner
Learner
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 4:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by SugarSnap » Tue May 31, 2016 1:45 pm

beautyblenderhohoho wrote:people are reselling her palette guys!!!! just like they do every other palette!!!! how dare someone other than bunny profit off her minions!!!!
OMG! Quickly someone inform the minions so they can post up some badly spelled insults on the sellers page!! ;)

meh_heh
Learner
Learner
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:25 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by meh_heh » Tue May 31, 2016 5:08 pm

What fresh hell is this?
Image
What is this makeup? Blush all the way up around her temples. The horrid Orange something used as, I'm guessing, contour. Not even blended. Looks like a hot mess.
This is the girl that gets a major makeup brand to create an eyeshadow palette with her name on it?
This is a beauty guru that makes 6 figures a year? This is the person influencing our future generation?
Why. How. Why??

User avatar
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 20123
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:08 am
Has thanked: 430 times
Been thanked: 2414 times

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by LiddlePallid » Tue May 31, 2016 8:32 pm

She's got blush going all the way up to her temples and bronzer coming all the way to the corner of her mouth. I'm sure Jeffree Star makes fun of her makeup application behind her back because there's just no way ... As soon as I turned the video on I was like "Girl, no..." That is not the way to advertise her palette lmao. "Let me just smear the face products all over so everyone can see how pigmented they are!"

User avatar
Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 566
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:03 pm
Location: Lime Tree Arbour
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by Mayhemisphere » Tue May 31, 2016 10:26 pm

meh_heh wrote:What fresh hell is this?
Image
What is this makeup? Blush all the way up around her temples. The horrid Orange something used as, I'm guessing, contour. Not even blended. Looks like a hot mess.
This is the girl that gets a major makeup brand to create an eyeshadow palette with her name on it?
This is a beauty guru that makes 6 figures a year? This is the person influencing our future generation?
Why. How. Why??

I weep for the future.

User avatar
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 20123
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:08 am
Has thanked: 430 times
Been thanked: 2414 times

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by LiddlePallid » Tue May 31, 2016 10:33 pm

I'm finding it so funny that she had to make a video about people selling it on eBay like hers is the only palette that that has ever happened with. Give me a break! She's so ridiculous. She may as well just say "don't give other people your money, pay attention to me me me!"

Also, I love how her hair is straightened and she made sure to try and mess it up and throw it up for the video. What the hell? Why does she feel the need to look a mess in every video?

User avatar
Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 566
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:03 pm
Location: Lime Tree Arbour
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by Mayhemisphere » Tue May 31, 2016 11:09 pm

I actually appreciated her saying that - she does have a lot more rabid tweens following her than most "beauty gurus" do and they're typically just not smart or experienced enough to know how pre-releases, releases or limited releases work. They hear "limited" and panic and before you know it, BINGO - they've just bought one on Ebay with Mom's Paypal account.

Of course, that doesn't discount the likelihood (or possibility, depending on how you look at it) of her saying that because her agent has told her to say it.

:tu:

User avatar
CrystallineKitty
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:58 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 151 times

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by CrystallineKitty » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:32 am

She seemed genuine to me about not wanting people to be ripped off. Like I am sure she doesn't want to see her fans ripped off of one HER products. Plus, no random dickhead should be allowed to be making massive profit off her expense. That isn't fair either. Well, she doesn't exactly LOSE a lot of money when people do that but I think she is genuinely concerned for her young fans spending $100 plus money over her merch. She seems like she is very concerned what her younger fans think of her. Like the way she acts and does her video, she seems invested in her much younger audience. That is probably where the money is but she seems to enjoy it as well. I think there was a lot of confusion and she wanted to clear it out. It is good for her to be responsible for them here and there even if it isn't all the time. More than some other YouTubers.
Image :love2: :love2:

MissParadox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:31 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by MissParadox » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:04 am

Image
Dirty, crappy, creepy... this doll has better makeup than her ha.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

MissParadox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:31 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by MissParadox » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:17 am

CrystallineKitty wrote:She seemed genuine to me about not wanting people to be ripped off. Like I am sure she doesn't want to see her fans ripped off of one HER products. Plus, no random dickhead should be allowed to be making massive profit off her expense. That isn't fair either. Well, she doesn't exactly LOSE a lot of money when people do that but I think she is genuinely concerned for her young fans spending $100 plus money over her merch. She seems like she is very concerned what her younger fans think of her. Like the way she acts and does her video, she seems invested in her much younger audience. That is probably where the money is but she seems to enjoy it as well. I think there was a lot of confusion and she wanted to clear it out. It is good for her to be responsible for them here and there even if it isn't all the time. More than some other YouTubers.
I think it was all for the "spend your money on me not them" and no offence but when I was 15 I knew the difference, she needs to stop pandering to them. Her eyes are dead in half of the videos she puts out there now. I feel even though she may enjoy filming some of them, there's the this larger part of her you can see that she's hiding. I wouldn't spend any money on something that isn't her, that she put out there for profit. This isn't anything other than cash signs to her, so complaining about other people selling her pallete for ridiculous amounts of money (granted) is one thing but all I head was "Buy mine! Meeee! I get profit on my, how dare someone sell it without my authority, it's miiineee." To be fair her and Trasha Potaytas aren't that far off from each other, both delusional, both clutching at straws for ideas, both are absolutely no way beauty gurus, both are selfish, both only care for the green... the only difference is rachel is currently more low key. Both in my eyes are sellouts and hilarious to watch for being someone they're not. Pathetic really.


ImageImage
Also, girl was your tops, enough is enough... genuinely homeless people probably smell and dress better than you. No doubt they're laughing at you too.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

justausername
Informer
Informer
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:42 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by justausername » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:36 am

CrystallineKitty wrote:She seemed genuine to me about not wanting people to be ripped off. Like I am sure she doesn't want to see her fans ripped off of one HER products. Plus, no random dickhead should be allowed to be making massive profit off her expense. That isn't fair either. Well, she doesn't exactly LOSE a lot of money when people do that but I think she is genuinely concerned for her young fans spending $100 plus money over her merch. She seems like she is very concerned what her younger fans think of her. Like the way she acts and does her video, she seems invested in her much younger audience. That is probably where the money is but she seems to enjoy it as well. I think there was a lot of confusion and she wanted to clear it out. It is good for her to be responsible for them here and there even if it isn't all the time. More than some other YouTubers.
$50 is still a lot to expect from kids and teens to pay. and she doesnt mind her fans sending her mail that she never intends to open on camera. her fans sends her some expensive stuff.

User avatar
CrystallineKitty
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:58 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 151 times

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by CrystallineKitty » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:54 am

justausername wrote:
CrystallineKitty wrote:She seemed genuine to me about not wanting people to be ripped off. Like I am sure she doesn't want to see her fans ripped off of one HER products. Plus, no random dickhead should be allowed to be making massive profit off her expense. That isn't fair either. Well, she doesn't exactly LOSE a lot of money when people do that but I think she is genuinely concerned for her young fans spending $100 plus money over her merch. She seems like she is very concerned what her younger fans think of her. Like the way she acts and does her video, she seems invested in her much younger audience. That is probably where the money is but she seems to enjoy it as well. I think there was a lot of confusion and she wanted to clear it out. It is good for her to be responsible for them here and there even if it isn't all the time. More than some other YouTubers.
$50 is still a lot to expect from kids and teens to pay. and she doesnt mind her fans sending her mail that she never intends to open on camera. her fans sends her some expensive stuff.
Hopefully parents aren't allowing their young kids buying high end eyeshadow as I don't know what young kids and young teenagers under the age of 17 should be wearing full face make-up like eyeshadow especially expensive make-up.


@MissParadox- I get what you are saying but at the end of the day, it's her product. I don't think anyone would like to see their product being sold by someone else for a huge amount of profit. Maybe all she cares about the money but in my view she has the right to be advertising her products and encouraging fan to buy it officially- especially since it is WAY more expensive the other way. Her eyeshadow collaboration is a business venture and I think Tarte was very limiting. She definitely sold out in the sense that she must have preferred to be making and selling her own palette regardless how much creative input she had in it and with who. I mean, if she is telling the truth I don't get why fans were e-mailing Tarte considering they have a specific aesthetic that doesn't match her.

I think we could both agree though that Trisha Paytas is way fucking worse. LOOL.
Image :love2: :love2:

bettycrocker
Learner
Learner
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:16 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by bettycrocker » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:30 am

meh_heh wrote:What fresh hell is this?
Image
What is this makeup? Blush all the way up around her temples. The horrid Orange something used as, I'm guessing, contour. Not even blended. Looks like a hot mess.
This is the girl that gets a major makeup brand to create an eyeshadow palette with her name on it?
This is a beauty guru that makes 6 figures a year? This is the person influencing our future generation?
Why. How. Why??
Yeah that's the first thing I noticed in that video lmao. She's very heavy handed.... watching her apply makeup is like watching a 5 year old apply makeup. She just kind of smears it all over. I wonder if she used her hideous palette for the blush/highlight/contour

SugarSnap
Learner
Learner
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 4:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by SugarSnap » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:22 am

I have to be honest and say that Bunny kinda reminds me of these puppets called The Riddlers which were on British tv years ago. This is one of them
Image

And I don't mean to be nasty about it but that's just what she reminds me of!

User avatar
LiddlePallid
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 20123
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:08 am
Has thanked: 430 times
Been thanked: 2414 times

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by LiddlePallid » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:57 am

Oh I don't think it's fair that people buy shit and resell it to make a profit like that either, but then again when people want something bad enough, they know what they're spending and end up buying it anyway. Take Mac collections for example - whenever there's one that's super hyped, there's always those assholes that buy it all up and then you see it on eBay for triple the price. My point was that she seems to think it's all going to come to a stop on her palette because she's Bunny and she made a video about it, so no one will resell it anymore because she said so :rofl:

User avatar
Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 566
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:03 pm
Location: Lime Tree Arbour
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by Mayhemisphere » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:43 pm

MissParadox wrote:
LiddlePallid wrote:Oh I don't think it's fair that people buy shit and resell it to make a profit like that either, but then again when people want something bad enough, they know what they're spending and end up buying it anyway. Take Mac collections for example - whenever there's one that's super hyped, there's always those assholes that buy it all up and then you see it on eBay for triple the price. My point was that she seems to think it's all going to come to a stop on her palette because she's Bunny and she made a video about it, so no one will resell it anymore because she said so :rofl:
I understand your point, don't get me wrong. She's still - at best - skeeve-inducing and shady as feck. In fact, I think she crossed the line of decency when she started pandering to a tween audience; these are impressionable kids and despite what people think she's actually sending a ... I can't think of the word. I've already used "shady" so I can't use that.

<brain fart occurring. Please stay on the line>

Okay. It's almost like we're watching a very clever (note I did not say "intelligent" - I said "clever" for a reason) queen bee sending a message to her drones that seems very positive on the surface but is quietly malevolent underneath the fluff.

(Dirty fluff, naturally. Probably Dogman's dirty belly-button fluff)

(Oh God I think I need to vomit)

Locked

Return to “grav3yardgirl”