target audience???????????????

mswill
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

target audience???????????????

Post by mswill »

I wonder who her target audience is? She buys makeup no average teen or preteen can afford, but she acts like she is 11. I use to be a big fan but over the last year she has become unbearable.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: target audience???????????????

Post by Pastel »

A lot of the time I feel like she's aiming for mothers. Testing out toys in Does This Thing Really Work and talking about how things would be fun for "young children", I always think about mothers. Possibly mothers who are also having a hard time with their age.

Pinkie1205
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkie1205 »

I don't think she has a target audience, she is who she is. She posts videos that are requested and for her, she has a big audience as opposed to a target audience.
Also FWIW, my 13 year old niece uses her birthday money to buy high end makeup because she likes it.

Sent By Owl

cubedsquared
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cubedsquared »

Actually, I think she does target 12- to 13-year-olds in a more "wish-fulfillment" way. She portrays a life they wish they could have, but she's "so down-to-earth and normal" that they feel like they can insert themselves into her life by proxy.

(She's relate-able in the sense that, like most 12- and 13-year-olds, she has almost no work ethic.)

I only say this because she and I were born in the same year and our birthdays are like two weeks apart and there is NO WAY Bunny is marketing to your typical 30 year old. I mean, 29. She's 29, guys.

Pinkie1205
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkie1205 »

I get what you mean.
I do prefer her over most "gurus" (I don't even really consider bunny a guru). I think her personality is a major act but honestly she seems more real to me than other you tubers.

I like her. Some of her videos are irritating but I like her more than most gurus.

Sent By Owl

Shiittaco
Debater
Debater

Post by Shiittaco »

I've always found it really annoying when she addresses us in videos like we're all children. I think that's what makes her not as entertaining to watch anymore. I think she feels like she has to be this "Bunny" character, like Barney or something, and she feels pressured to never break character because there are all these kids who look up to her. She's always been pretty G rated, but her videos just keep feeling more and more aimed towards 10 year olds.
I wouldn't be surprised if in the future she got her own PBS kids show, she'd actually be pretty good at it.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

Shiittaco wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if in the future she got her own PBS kids show, she'd actually be pretty good at it.
I can totally see that working for her. I'd even be tempted to watch it. And she'd probably have other people doing her makeup and probably look less like a mess. Everyone wins.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

Pinkie1205 wrote: I think her personality is a major act but honestly she seems more real to me than other you tubers.
Sent By Owl
I know this is an older post but I wanted to chime in. In her videos with her friends (be it Dogmans or Leanne etc etc) you can tell she acts differently. Like she's more herself and less the character for the camera.

Return to “grav3yardgirl”