Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: HoeHoe Mongeau: 20 Going On 12 | Part 14

Post by StasiaPrincess0 »

AllAmericanTrash wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:40 am
faketits wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:34 am
I know I shouldn’t be surprised, but how fucking shady is she for requesting a makeup artist to work for her on an ongoing basis FOR FREE?

She doesn’t even respect other peoples’ time when they’re paying her, I can’t imagine how she’d treat someone she views as her personal servant.

She is at a point in her career where she can and should be paying people for their services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL "Available a lot and flexible" aka "Must devote hours of your life waiting on me to cancel on you at 3am"? Sounds like job postings where "self-starting rockstar" is just code for "must be able to do the job of three people yourself with no help." Tana, we KNOW you. She's poison though so shady free exposure probably won't help the victim out anyway.
I had to come here when I saw that shit. “Don’t make money and pay your rent. Be at my beck and call!” Tana, take your broke ass somewhere else. PAY people for their time. Even Trisha Paytas does that.

Also, why is a weed shop sending her weed? They made a blend with her NAME ON IT. Anyone could put them out of business with a phone call.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

faketits wrote:
Unfortunately A LOT of people feel this way about artists, so this doesn't surprise me. She probably thought one of her fans who can do makeup would hop into her DMs eager to for the opportunity to become associated with her. And the reality is, people will still do it (I know a girl who loves Tana and probably would have if she still lived in LA). But it's great that she's getting called out, because it will bring attention to a bigger issue.

youngcurls
Talker
Talker

Post by youngcurls »

It’s weird how she alternates between bragging about being rich (in immature clap backs on twitter) and complaining about being poor (“help me keep my lights on, I’m demonetized”) etc. The reality is she has instagram brand deals on at least a weekly basis and can definitely afford to pay someone to do her makeup if she doesn’t want to do it herself.

dalivanpicasso
Talker
Talker

Post by dalivanpicasso »

faketits wrote:
I know I shouldn’t be surprised, but how fucking shady is she for requesting a makeup artist to work for her on an ongoing basis FOR FREE?

She doesn’t even respect other peoples’ time when they’re paying her, I can’t imagine how she’d treat someone she views as her personal servant.

She is at a point in her career where she can and should be paying people for their services.

this! makes me! so! angry! people treat freelancers (especially artists) like shit.

she has MORE than enough money to pay someone to do her makeup regularly. but she knows if she makes a post on social media there's a minion out there who will let her walk all over them and do her makeup for ~clout~. bullshit, tana. pay artists for their work. freelancing is hard and frustrating and one of the least consistent ways to make a living, don't force someone to take time out of their busy schedule to do shit for you for free. i just know she's gonna be a brat about it too.

it makes me so frustrated and sad that there is for sure going to be an mua in her fanbase who is going to underestimate the value of their work and do her makeup for free.

if you want your makeup done for free do it yourself, tana.

Sarahb88
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Sarahb88 »

It’s not like this is the first time she’s done this - hell not this first time this month she’s asked for people to give her things for free or do things for her for free. You’ll notice EVERY time she goes somewhere she asks for a place to stay, things to do, and people to do her hair and makeup. She’s the epitome of the entitle influencers who thinks that people and places would be lucky to be in her presence because she will give them “clout” or help them potentially make money. The reality is though, her audience is young and doesn’t have cash to blow on that type of shit and it isn’t like she is a travel influencers so no one is going to be going to her for tips on where to go/what to do. She known for being a mess and FaceTuning shit to oblivion. Why would anyone want to go to her hair/makeup people given her reputation?

Influencers just need to cut out this entitled shit where they should get everything for free, it’s disgusting and abusive.

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

Sarahb88 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:11 pm
It’s not like this is the first time she’s done this - hell not this first time this month she’s asked for people to give her things for free or do things for her for free. You’ll notice EVERY time she goes somewhere she asks for a place to stay, things to do, and people to do her hair and makeup. She’s the epitome of the entitle influencers who thinks that people and places would be lucky to be in her presence because she will give them “clout” or help them potentially make money. The reality is though, her audience is young and doesn’t have cash to blow on that type of shit and it isn’t like she is a travel influencers so no one is going to be going to her for tips on where to go/what to do. She known for being a mess and FaceTuning shit to oblivion. Why would anyone want to go to her hair/makeup people given her reputation?

Influencers just need to cut out this entitled shit where they should get everything for free, it’s disgusting and abusive.
i think asking for free stuff is so trashy (like the example you used of Tana every time she travels). However, if brands offer an influencer free stuff, I see no problem. It's when they ask or expect it that rubs me the wrong way

mermaid vic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mermaid vic »

didn't she like JUST do the same thing begging for a Coachella house and artist passes in exchange for promo? like she has the money to buy herself shitty designer clothes that she doesn't know how to style properly but can't pay a MUA? makeup is expensive! exposure isn't gonna pay that persons bills even if it did get the MUA new clients she wants them to have flexible and constant availability how are they meant to make money from new clients?

caciawaters
Learner
Learner

Post by caciawaters »

On Twitter she said that a lot of MUA already hit her up about doing it for free and tried to spin it like to start with the payment will be promo...okay then why don't you just reach out to the artists who have already expressed interest? This makes me think of jobs that want you to have a degree but won't pay you lol. I know I'm not her demographic but Tana has never influenced me to purchase anything she promos.

Sarahb88
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Sarahb88 »

mermaid vic wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:02 pm
didn't she like JUST do the same thing begging for a Coachella house and artist passes in exchange for promo? like she has the money to buy herself shitty designer clothes that she doesn't know how to style properly but can't pay a MUA? makeup is expensive! exposure isn't gonna pay that persons bills even if it did get the MUA new clients she wants them to have flexible and constant availability how are they meant to make money from new clients?
She complains about stuff she buys too. Like the Dolls Kill video where she bitched about how she didn’t get very many options for free things and that they would t send her all the things she wanted (only a limited number). She expects that everyone will give her anything she wants.

She also has the audacity to then fucking sell all the stuff she buys or gets for free to her fans. I know with UK influencers there’s this shady dealing where influencers will be given gift cards to shop at stores/on sites so that they can technically say that they bought things themselves (but it’s still sponsored...), wouldn’t be surprised if she does that shit too. Just so sleezy to demand things for free only so you can rip off your fans for their hard earned money.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

Fuck what a chancer. Hope she gets someone with trisha paytas's skills in beauty

sarstar112
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sarstar112 »

OT lol and not sure if it was discussed but did Tana get a puppy? She’s been showing a pomeranian in her IG and snap stories but idk if it’s hers. It’s so cute!

Daenerys_Librarian
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Daenerys_Librarian »

sarstar112 wrote:OT lol and not sure if it was discussed but did Tana get a puppy? She’s been showing a pomeranian in her IG and snap stories but idk if it’s hers. It’s so cute!

I hope the fuck not. Whatever happened to Lumen?

sarstar112
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sarstar112 »

Daenerys_Librarian wrote:
sarstar112 wrote:OT lol and not sure if it was discussed but did Tana get a puppy? She’s been showing a pomeranian in her IG and snap stories but idk if it’s hers. It’s so cute!

I hope the fuck not. Whatever happened to Lumen?

Oh shit I forgot about Lumen...yeah nvm Tana def shouldn’t have a pet. I saw in a snap she called the puppy her son. If it is hers she prob got it to distract herself from Brad

cheekybones
Talker
Talker

Post by cheekybones »

mermaid vic wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:02 pm
exposure isn't gonna pay that persons bills even if it did get the MUA new clients she wants them to have flexible and constant availability how are they meant to make money from new clients?
exactly! exposure won't mean shit until they're no longer working for her, because when they are, they will be expected to drop everything whenever she decides she needs their services. it's crazy to expect that kind of 24/7 dedication from someone who isn't getting paid. it will only end with them hating each other and probably a story time from one or both of them, like that alyssa girl who was her assistant

NLB
Lurker
Lurker

Post by NLB »

She was hanging out with Loren who she called he”little sister” at Coachella who has two Pomeranians. They could be hers

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

ballys404 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:27 am
manged wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:28 am
faketits wrote:
Unfortunately A LOT of people feel this way about artists, so this doesn't surprise me. She probably thought one of her fans who can do makeup would hop into her DMs eager to for the opportunity to become associated with her. And the reality is, people will still do it (I know a girl who loves Tana and probably would have if she still lived in LA). But it's great that she's getting called out, because it will bring attention to a bigger issue.
i know a girl who did her makeup while she was in my city, she got a shoutout on tanas IG got like nothing more than 100 followerrs from it.
LMFAO What a scam!!!
The instagram makeup community is SOOOO saturated with muas that simply doing a face for a YouTuber isn't going to be enough to grab peoples attention and make them follow you. Anyone who thinks doing Tana's makeup for a sprinkle of clout is going to jumpstart their career is delusional.

teresateresa
Debater
Debater

Post by teresateresa »

I might be super late about this, i'm not really caught up, but is her collab channel trash still a thing?

Post by Guest »

teresateresa wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:11 am
I might be super late about this, i'm not really caught up, but is her collab channel trash still a thing?
No, Trash ended sometime in like 2017 I'm pretty sure. Tana said something along the lines of it being a good concept, but not going the direction she wanted it to, being too much work, and she really had only wanted to be the "face" of it and give a platform to smaller creators versus being really in charge of it. So...after plenty of missed uploads, drama between members, crap content, and Tana taking no responsibility...it ended lmao.

lacraycray
Learner
Learner

Post by lacraycray »

The video she just posted has Brad in it. Is she already back together with him? Or was it pre filmed?

If not. Major lols
:HK:

ermar226
Talker
Talker

Post by ermar226 »

lacraycray wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:25 am
The video she just posted has Brad in it. Is she already back together with him? Or was it pre filmed?

If not. Major lols
It's a couple weeks old at least. I only watched literally the first 2 mins and she mentions going to the 1 star hospital or whatever for Morgan's ringworm so yeah, very lol.

Return to “Tana Mongeau”