Bratayley- Life After Vlogging... Bratayley who? Part 17

Lisatheacrobat
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Bratayley- Life After Vlogging... Bratayley who? Part 17

Post by Lisatheacrobat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:04 pm

I figured it was picked up because I saw a headline saying they grew lighted it which usually means they have at least 1 season. But who knows if it will go over well. I mean Nick gave Fred his own movie and TV series and that didn’t last long. I’m not sure how she will take to working in a more professional setting with longer days plus mandatory school without the help of google and Alexa and pushing it back to binge it last minute. But with Jayden in tow, it may not be so bad for her. She really needed Jayden to get through real school and I’m sure Jayden will shoulder a lot for Annie who will probably only do school legitimately because of her and a tutor. Annie needs to grow up sometime. And maybe having real expectations placed on her will either push her into success or away from this life. Filming 13 episodes before Fall will require long days with little time off. Especially because there needs to be time for editing which can take a lot of time.

But isn’t Asher going away soon for something? Maybe with him away, she can focus on something productive and see if this is really what she wants. It seems pretty obvious that she’s not into the music scene but she actually seems to enjoy acting and maybe she will get into it more seriously and take acting classes and grow her craft. She hasn’t taken that initiative as far as i have Seen with music or acting but maybe if she’s around more professional actors, it will highlights her weaknesses a little more.

I know Even with me, on a way smaller scale that being around more professional actors shows me how much I need to improve. I mean my friend who is a local stage actress, picked up and learned her whole part in our 20 minute show in 1 hour. I was Struggling even after 2 rehearsals to remember my lines and cues. Maybe what Annie needs is to be shown the areas where she needs to work. I wouldn’t At this point be shocked if Netflix gives her a more serious role in the near future since it seems like she gets whatever she wants. But eventually that train will stop and she will need to work on herself.

Chloe from Dance Moms isn’t that far behind her in popularity and she isn’t getting things handed to her. She is taking acting classes and going to school to improve her career. What i don’t understand is how the universe works in favor for Annie when she doesn’t work for anything or even admit she needs improvement.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:41 pm

Asher is going on location in Toronto to film Shazam 2. If Annie is working, she won't be able to jet set off to see him every 5 minutes. It's going to be interesting to see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lisatheacrobat
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:22 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:41 pm
Asher is going on location in Toronto to film Shazam 2. If Annie is working, she won't be able to jet set off to see him every 5 minutes. It's going to be interesting to see what happens.

That’s what happens when you date someone who is an actor or a musician. They have to go on location or be on tour and you can’t just hop on a flight and go be with them every weekend. But times like this are what test relationships. If feelings are strong you get through it. But if they are spending time apart it could cause a drift. It really depends on how much he cares about her. I have seen people in the same city get cheated on. So who knows what will happen. But I’m sure she will have trouble being away from him so much.

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:40 pm

I just looked at Billy’s IG after reading about him “accidentally” uploading to Brataley. The comments were mostly “I got excited at first” “I almost clicked thinking it was Brataley” “I was so disappointed when I realized it was an accident”which I find amusing. The kids were excited UNTIL they saw it was a billy video and then they were disappointed. Nice try Billy.

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:51 pm

chloesweb85 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:40 pm
I just looked at Billy’s IG after reading about him “accidentally” uploading to Brataley. The comments were mostly “I got excited at first” “I almost clicked thinking it was Brataley” “I was so disappointed when I realized it was an accident”which I find amusing. The kids were excited UNTIL they saw it was a billy video and then they were disappointed. Nice try Billy.
My thoughts exactly! His marketing strategy bombed. Probably because his vlogs are boring as hell. I did notice that he mentioned he was going to voice lessons and set a lot. He didn't specify who was singing and filming though. He was so excited that he was invited to his own exclusive events without the girls, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was pursuing a Hollywood career, or if it was for his new family.

Also, if you want to know why they keep Mattager around, he says crap like this to "the best boss in the whole world"....he can't think of a single person in the world who works harder than Annie :roll:
Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 3.58.07 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Notoday
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Notoday » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:23 am

TheLoneStranger wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:51 pm
chloesweb85 wrote:
My thoughts exactly! His marketing strategy bombed. Probably because his vlogs are boring as hell. I did notice that he mentioned he was going to voice lessons and set a lot. He didn't specify who was singing and filming though. He was so excited that he was invited to his own exclusive events without the girls, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was pursuing a Hollywood career, or if it was for his new family.

Also, if you want to know why they keep Mattager around, he says crap like this to "the best boss in the whole world"....he can't think of a single person in the world who works harder than Annie :roll:
Mattager makes me uncomfortable for some reason, lol.

Lisatheacrobat
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:59 am

I find It extremely hard to think that someone who has never had anything in the line and worth working for held against her has a work ethic that’s second to none. My god, it pisses me off. I certainly don’t know her work ethic on the clock but off the clock, it’s none existent. We never saw her taking initiative to improve her skills. Work ethic is skipping going to the movies to run lines and work on songs. It’s knowing that even the best singers have vocal coaches and that she was not born with a god given gift for singing. Her talent over the years on Brat has really only made her comfortable regurgitating lines on camera. But as far as character development and making the viewer believe that this fake character is real she has not really excelled in and i realize Nick and Disney don’t always hire the best talent, but i felt It when Lilly called Miley Hannah and how hurt Miley was at that. I can’t Think of a time i ever Watched Chicken Girls and felt anything for Rhyme. I will say she acts better than she sings. But when it comes to work ethic, Mattager needs to hold his tongue because that’s an insult to others who do work hard for their art.

Eventually this girl needs to get a taste of real world. But Mattager is clearly the new Billy. He is obviously the one making the back door deals and i wouldnt Be shocked if Katie wanted him to take over Annie’s career over Billy and that was a problem in the marriage. It’s all screwed up. But one day the real world is gonna hit Annie in the face and it’s going to hurt.

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:53 pm

I have been wondering if their final commitment to divorce was over Annie's career as well. Was Billy forcing them to keep vlogging and intentionally not knocking down doors to get Annie opportunities on "linear programming"? From a financial perspective, it makes sense, you can make millions with virtually no effort on YT. Kiddie programming is much more effort for significantly less payout. Annie seemed embarrassed by her non-glamourous/undeserved path to fame, even stating in interviews she wanted to get away from being a social media star. This would be a reasonable explanation for the tension between Billy and Annie, when there is none with Hayley.

This could also explain why Annie was completely edited out of the Turks & Caicos vlog as well. Maybe she doesn't want to be on social media anymore. Her stans sure were pissed though! It was their "anniversary trip" after all! Her desire to be seen as an adult might be her undoing. She should have just admitted that she was invited to go on the Angel family vacation from the start.

Come to think of it, maybe she already has a Nickelodeon rangler starting to work on her public image, and flaunting "romantic getaways" with older men isn't an approved activity? I suppose it could work the other way around and Asher's team doesn't want his image defined by "romantic getaways" with a young girl. That vlog was intentionally edited to look like a wholesome family vacation. No sultry bikini shots, cuddling on the beach or weird teen couple "engagement" speeches like last time.

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Notoday wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:23 am
TheLoneStranger wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:51 pm
chloesweb85 wrote:

Mattager makes me uncomfortable for some reason, lol.
He makes me endlessly uncomfortable. I really hope Hayley writes a tell-all someday. We still don't know his role in the family day-to-day, or why he suddenly left his job.

I still think it is highly unprofessional to accompany your child client during seemingly every moment of her private life. Family dinners, breakfast cooking lessons, taking her and her boyfriend to paint pottery, going ziplining with her girlfriends in Hawaii, nestling her in your crotch on a tiny plane during a family vacation in Mexico. The only other manager I know who acted similarly is currently defending himself against horrific charges. Granted that is the extent of my knowledge. Maybe they all act like this, and are just smart enough not to endlessly publicize it. Did Matt have incentive to get them off YT as well?

Changeofheart
Debater
Debater

Post by Changeofheart » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:33 pm

Way off topic here but today I came across a tiktok that said “When your parents only care about your other sibling” and it had a bunch of pictures of Hayley. It currently has 84K likes and all the comments are agreeing and talking about how the family changed after moving to LA and how Katie is “obsessed with Annie”
I didn’t see any comments defending them....someone even said Annie is overrated and can’t sing or act, and a self proclaimed Annie fan agreed.
They definitely still have their share of rabid fans but a good portion of ex viewers seem to have outgrown them and are seeing what we have for a while.

Tttttrassh
Learner
Learner

Post by Tttttrassh » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:52 pm

They lost a lot of fans by ending the vlogs.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:39 pm

TheLoneStranger wrote:I have been wondering if their final commitment to divorce was over Annie's career as well. Was Billy forcing them to keep vlogging and intentionally not knocking down doors to get Annie opportunities on "linear programming"? From a financial perspective, it makes sense, you can make millions with virtually no effort on YT. Kiddie programming is much more effort for significantly less payout. Annie seemed embarrassed by her non-glamourous/undeserved path to fame, even stating in interviews she wanted to get away from being a social media star. This would be a reasonable explanation for the tension between Billy and Annie, when there is none with Hayley.

This could also explain why Annie was completely edited out of the Turks & Caicos vlog as well. Maybe she doesn't want to be on social media anymore. Her stans sure were pissed though! It was their "anniversary trip" after all! Her desire to be seen as an adult might be her undoing. She should have just admitted that she was invited to go on the Angel family vacation from the start.

Come to think of it, maybe she already has a Nickelodeon rangler starting to work on her public image, and flaunting "romantic getaways" with older men isn't an approved activity? I suppose it could work the other way around and Asher's team doesn't want his image defined by "romantic getaways" with a young girl. That vlog was intentionally edited to look like a wholesome family vacation. No sultry bikini shots, cuddling on the beach or weird teen couple "engagement" speeches like last time.
If she has a Nickelodeon wrangler, they better work on getting her to dress more appropriately. That purple teddy (because face it, that's basically what it was) was really inappropriate, especially for a meet & greet with mostly 12 year old fans. And for someone who says she "doesn't want to be a social media star", she posts a lot of pictures of herself and her boyfriend, and a seemingly endless stream of Tik Toks.
She just doesn't want to have to do any work; she just wants the money. Which is going to make the Nickelodeon show interesting...

Lisatheacrobat
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:07 pm

I think from a business perspective, if they have a wrangler of any sort whether Mattager or someone else grooming her for “big girl” jobs. Then they need to be pushing her towards work ethic and drive. Her talent on screen is nothing like the skills of Millie Bobby Brown who is 16. Anyone in the industry should be telling her that her acting isn’t up to snuff with other actresses vying for jobs. She isn’t going to be booking jobs outside of children’s programs. Even kids on grown up programming such as Sarah Hyland on Modern Family or MBB are able to create characters with depth and stories. Certainly there are a lot of kids on grown TV shows who aren’t as finessed as their adult costars, but they are also in acting classes. Annie has been told her entire career that she is the best of the best. If someone tells you that you’re never gonna think oh maybe i need Improvement. And I’m not sure why professionals are telling her these things while she says she wants to get away from social media, when it is significantly a higher paycheck compared. Especially because she won’t be booking jobs that make a million per episode. But being an Instagram model which seemed to be something she genuinely liked doing would make her way more money than making $20k an episode on a show that will most likely get canceled after a season or two.

Right now internet media is where the money is at. I watched A video that basically said that internet models can make over 1.2 million dollars a year, while traditional models might make $60,000. There are youtubers who make that in a single video. So thinking you want to get away from that on a business level is actually incredibly stupid. She has it all right there and she wants to get away from it for traditional television that is not going to excel her in not movies working with successful names like Tom Hanks or Meryl Streep. Her skills are not where they need to be to help her become successful. Especially when kids now a days watch YouTube and Netflix exclusively and very few even have cable networks anymore. So whoever is telling her to walk away from the biggest market is doing her dirty because in the end, she won’t find success off the internet. That’s her niche and she needs to stick with it. Unless she really improved since i last Saw her which admittedly was a long time ago, but if her acting is like her singing, she’s gonna need to dig down deep and connect to her feelings cause that girl is dryer than a saltine cracker on camera.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:19 pm

Changeofheart wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:33 pm
Way off topic here but today I came across a tiktok that said “When your parents only care about your other sibling” and it had a bunch of pictures of Hayley. It currently has 84K likes and all the comments are agreeing and talking about how the family changed after moving to LA and how Katie is “obsessed with Annie”
I didn’t see any comments defending them....someone even said Annie is overrated and can’t sing or act, and a self proclaimed Annie fan agreed.
They definitely still have their share of rabid fans but a good portion of ex viewers seem to have outgrown them and are seeing what we have for a while.
Can you link the TikTok here? I would like to see it.

Changeofheart
Debater
Debater

Post by Changeofheart » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:55 pm

ItsAndrew wrote: Can you link the TikTok here? I would like to see it.
Here you go

Lisatheacrobat
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:31 am

That song is so cringe her voice is so bright and tinny. How did people think she would win shows like The Voice and American Idol??

Copper
Learner
Learner

Post by Copper » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:58 am

https://vm.tiktok.com/bW5NcU/

Has anyone seen this? The comments are an interesting mix.

Lisatheacrobat
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:11 am

Nia was never the strongest dancer on the Aldc. But she’s like 18 now. Annie is 15 and i realize That’s the kind of stuff Kenzie dances to as well. But it’s just weird to see a high school freshman half naked dancing to songs saying p****y and throwing it back like that. I just Don’t understand lazy parenting.

bcfc999
Learner
Learner

Post by bcfc999 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:24 am

Copper wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:58 am
https://vm.tiktok.com/bW5NcU/

Has anyone seen this? The comments are an interesting mix.
I love Nia's tiktoks - it's so nice to see her having fun (with dance and life in general) and having a good friendship group around her. The bs that girl had to put up with in ALDC, she deserves it.
This song though I reeeeally don't like, the lyrics and the dance make me cringe. Nia's 18 so she can do what she wants but with the younger ones you see doing it.. Yikes. I think Kenzie looks less weird doing it cos she's cultivated a personality that's older than she is, but it's still cringey and makes me worry for her. Annie more so. She comes across as very young in a lot of ways and I get that (like most teens) she wants to be older than she is, so I can't really criticise her for that, but it still makes me uncomfortable.

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:34 am

Man I wish I had an account now to read the comments. I kind of viewed it differently. The grandma chic thing that is in right now (highwater pants up to your boobs with clunky orthopedic shoes), combined with the awkwardness doesn't make her look edgy or sexy. It reminds me of the "before" shots in a 'She's All That' type makeover montage movie where Nia is trying to teach her how to hang with the cool kids. All she needs is oversized grandma glasses that she can tear off when she puts on heels and pulls her pants down to her waist for the big reveal.

Lisatheacrobat
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:15 am

She just can’t dance... it’s not a big deal if she isn’t trying to take it seriously. Which it doesn’t look like she was cause she was laughing. But we all know she loooooves Kenzie and Kenzie actually can dance so idk if she tries to do it like Kenzie or Charli but she just isn’t a great dancer and she’s too shy and reserved to be throwing it back like that. But i mean, if she’s having fun that’s fine. Just as long as she knows she can’t do it like Charli and Kenzie... Nia can’t even do it like Charli can.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:30 am

Lisatheacrobat wrote:She just can’t dance... it’s not a big deal if she isn’t trying to take it seriously. Which it doesn’t look like she was cause she was laughing. But we all know she loooooves Kenzie and Kenzie actually can dance so idk if she tries to do it like Kenzie or Charli but she just isn’t a great dancer and she’s too shy and reserved to be throwing it back like that. But i mean, if she’s having fun that’s fine. Just as long as she knows she can’t do it like Charli and Kenzie... Nia can’t even do it like Charli can.
But her little stans tell her she can dance... They tell her how amazing she is. Image

Lisatheacrobat
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:16 pm

Of course they tell her that. Because they think she will see their comments and say “omg let’s be best friends” but then they watch Charli’s dances and they know Annie can’t dance...

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:39 pm

She's reposted pictures from a photo shoot. WTF is she hoping to accomplish with these, besides posting them on IG and the stans gushing over how "beautiful and perfect" she is (even though it's obvious that along with carefully done makeup and lighting, there's filtering and photoshopping done). If you look at her candid pics, especially when she isn't controlling the angles, she looks very different from the professional pictures. ImageImage

bcfc999
Learner
Learner

Post by bcfc999 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:14 am

lmmomSD wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:39 pm
She's reposted pictures from a photo shoot. WTF is she hoping to accomplish with these, besides posting them on IG and the stans gushing over how "beautiful and perfect" she is (even though it's obvious that along with carefully done makeup and lighting, there's filtering and photoshopping done). If you look at her candid pics, especially when she isn't controlling the angles, she looks very different from the professional pictures. ImageImage

It's her insta, why wouldn't she repost glam photos of herself? I know if I'd had a fancy photoshoot I'd be reposting the pics straight away! Obviously she doesn't look the same, I'm sure she knows that, nobody does with a load of professionally-done make-up. Unpopular opinion maybe but I don't see the issue.

Return to “Bratayley”