Bratayley- Life After Vlogging... Bratayley who? Part 17

lmmomSD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bratayley- Life After Vlogging... Bratayley who? Part 17

Post by lmmomSD »

nsf555 wrote:Their whole relationship just screams fake to me. These two are not in love. Having a relationship helps their social media presence. And Annie’s captions lately have been making me cringe. “hi i like u!” “i’m in love with u!”. Like is she trying to convince herself to love him? And how hard is it to type out YOU?? Maybe it’s the quirky fun new way for captioning but it just drives me crazy. It just screams fake. And it’s not cute at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She did that when he posted a selfie from the plane. Her comment on his picture was "Hi! I'm sitting right next to u and I love u!"
Weird. Not just the "u" apparently my distaste for that is just due to age, lol. But it sure seems like she is trying very hard to convince _someone_ that she is in love with Asher.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

lmmomSD wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:38 am
nsf555 wrote:Their whole relationship just screams fake to me. These two are not in love. Having a relationship helps their social media presence. And Annie’s captions lately have been making me cringe. “hi i like u!” “i’m in love with u!”. Like is she trying to convince herself to love him? And how hard is it to type out YOU?? Maybe it’s the quirky fun new way for captioning but it just drives me crazy. It just screams fake. And it’s not cute at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She did that when he posted a selfie from the plane. Her comment on his picture was "Hi! I'm sitting right next to u and I love u!"
Weird. Not just the "u" apparently my distaste for that is just due to age, lol. But it sure seems like she is trying very hard to convince _someone_ that she is in love with Asher.

Not sure if that someone is herself or her fans. Her fans believe everything she says despite the fact that almost always her actions negate her words. I don’t Doubt she “loves” him. Like I said, she’s attached to him. It’s whether or not he’s attached to her. And i don’t Think he is. I think Someone like her who attaches herself to people for support is fully attached and obsessed with him to the point where I’m sure she daydreams about their wedding.

Tttttrassh
Informer
Informer

Post by Tttttrassh »

Again, Annie will be the last to know.

She’s a shy, unexceptional 15 y/o who in most respects acts considerably younger. That’s despite eagerly adopting a trendy Instagram lifestyle. For someone who has so much of it, Annie doesn’t seem to understand the nature of clout, or more accurately how to capitalize on clout. That would explain her inactivity on social media compared to her savvier Brat co-stars.

My point? Whether or not it was an arranged showmance, Annie is fully serious about the relationship. Most likely it’s a subconscious attempt at creating a stable family unit after the prior one shattered itself.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Attached yes-- actual, real love, no. She is nowhere near mature enough for real love. Real love requires a maturity that has nothing to do with Instagram posts, saying "I love u!" on social media, traveling to tropical islands, or floral arrangements.
Was it Peyton Lee that Asher supposedly dumped for Annie? Because people shipped them for a while and he kept insisting that they were just friends. The one thing that causes me to hesitate in thinking Annie is Asher's beard is that there was a gay character on the _Disney_ show he was on. It really wouldn't hurt his career, I don't think, for him to be out if he was gay. But maybe I'm naive. Maybe actors do still need beards.
This picture was taken in Turks and Caicos. Is that Annie on the beach behind him? Just seems odd.
ImageImage

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Idk if this still means she is relevant or not, but i passed By a Claire’s store with a sign in the window saying you could win a day with Annie. Interesting how she has never promoted that on any of her social media platforms.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

This is a video about it. It's a "get ready for prom" contest, which seems so weird. She doesn't go to school. She isn't likely to go to a prom. And girls of an age to go to prom probably have no desire to "spend a day" with Annie. They would probably rather spend a day with an actress from Riverdale or something like that...

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

lmmomSD wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:02 pm
This is a video about it. It's a "get ready for prom" contest, which seems so weird. She doesn't go to school. She isn't likely to go to a prom. And girls of an age to go to prom probably have no desire to "spend a day" with Annie. They would probably rather spend a day with an actress from Riverdale or something like that...

It’s like being a senior in High School and getting to spend a day with JoJo Siwa. But then again i have met a few fans who are 17-19. Is there an age requirement to enter? Cause why would a 12 year old win a GRWM for prom contest... i wonder how many entries they have.

MindOverNoMatter
Talker
Talker

Post by MindOverNoMatter »

I get irked when young teen influencers overuse the word "love" for social media; Annie is no exception. Real, true love is NOT just a feeling of happiness and giddiness when the other person is around and being affectionate.

Real love is a choice through the hard times, the uncertain times, the wonderful times, the crazy times. And fully grown adults struggle with this concept, much less teens on Instagram.

I wish Annie and Asher the best, really. But for anyone to allow them to have an adult-level relationship as teenagers is to invite a whole lot of issues when the inevitable break-up happens. And it will. Are they really going to be the same people in 5 years? 10? I know that I'm (thankfully) a much improved and changed version of my 15-year-old self. I'm sure they will be, too.

Annie and Asher are like a mini-married couple, and I don't think the parents should be encouraging it. They BOTH need to develop emotionally and mentally independent of a serious relationship.

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Oh, and choosing Annie to represent "expressing yourself through your personal style" is a really bad choice.
Billie Eilish has a distinctive personal style. Annie does not. She is as vanilla as they come. There's nothing wrong with that. But _pretending_ to be a trendsetter and someone who "expresses herself through her personal style"-- that I take issue with.
How much is she dropping on these photo shoots trying to look like a Vogue cover? Does she think Anna Wintour is going to see her Instagram and weed through the photos of her sticking her tongue out and leaning on Asher, and see the stylized images and suddenly decide that Annie is the next Gisele, and send a jet for her?
I just don't understand why she is spending the money on it. She is pretty, but she isn't tall enough, skinny enough or honestly pretty enough to be a model.
If she can't get a job on Nick or Disney, I wonder if she would consider working in commercials. As far as I know, the level of acting skill required isn't as high (although Nick and Disney don't require Streep or Fanning level of ability)

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

MindOverNoMatter wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:21 pm
I get irked when young teen influencers overuse the word "love" for social media; Annie is no exception. Real, true love is NOT just a feeling of happiness and giddiness when the other person is around and being affectionate.

Real love is a choice through the hard times, the uncertain times, the wonderful times, the crazy times. And fully grown adults struggle with this concept, much less teens on Instagram.

I wish Annie and Asher the best, really. But for anyone to allow them to have an adult-level relationship as teenagers is to invite a whole lot of issues when the inevitable break-up happens. And it will. Are they really going to be the same people in 5 years? 10? I know that I'm (thankfully) a much improved and changed version of my 15-year-old self. I'm sure they will be, too.

Annie and Asher are like a mini-married couple, and I don't think the parents should be encouraging it. They BOTH need to develop emotionally and mentally independent of a serious relationship.

Only 2% of relationships that young last to marriage. I know Someone who met her husband in high school and just celebrated their 1 year anniversary. But they are both mature for their ages and laid back. Their personalities mesh well together and he is only a year older than her and they both were abstinent til marriage. Also my pastor met his wife in high school. But i think the majority of us can say the people we were at 14/15 were different. But i had A conversation my bff about the resources available to kids these days. Like I didn’t know how to properly do makeup until YouTube came around in college. I was learning how to do a Smokey eye by a 10 year old when i was in college. So i think they are maturing at least on the exterior faster than it did for us at 15/16 in the 90’s 2000’s. They are following influencers older than them and wanting what they have and copying their ways. It’s just that parents are really the ones who need to be setting more boundaries and rules for their kids and letting your children have as much freedom as Katie and Ashers parents do, is where it becomes problematic. Any relationship for many girls can be harmful when it ends if they put their whole selves into it. Because Annie has nothing else going for her right now and her personality is surrounded by him, she will find herself extremely empty when it all ends and because he is clearly not into her, it will end.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

MindOverNoMatter wrote:I get irked when young teen influencers overuse the word "love" for social media; Annie is no exception. Real, true love is NOT just a feeling of happiness and giddiness when the other person is around and being affectionate.

Yes! You said what I was trying to say earlier when I said that she may be attached to him, but she doesn't have the maturity needed for real love. Infatuation-- that I believe she feels for him. But infatuation isn't love. I remember thinking I was in love with a guy I was seeing in my twenties. I was infatuated. We hit a rough patch, and if we had really been in love, we might have made it through. But because it wasn't really love, it didn't pan out.
My aunt and uncle met when she was 14 and he was 16. They just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. But they weren't able to marry early on because he went to the Naval Academy. So they couldn't get married until he graduated. They are the exception. Most couples who get together that young don't stay together. Maybe
Yes, love is something that requires maturity and more than a Pinterest page of wedding ideas. I hope the Angels are allowing the "closeness" so that they can keep their eyes on things. Because we know Katie is checked out and Billy is busy with his new and improved family. Hopefully someone is watching!

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

lmmomSD wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:27 pm
Oh, and choosing Annie to represent "expressing yourself through your personal style" is a really bad choice.
Billie Eilish has a distinctive personal style. Annie does not. She is as vanilla as they come. There's nothing wrong with that. But _pretending_ to be a trendsetter and someone who "expresses herself through her personal style"-- that I take issue with.
How much is she dropping on these photo shoots trying to look like a Vogue cover? Does she think Anna Wintour is going to see her Instagram and weed through the photos of her sticking her tongue out and leaning on Asher, and see the stylized images and suddenly decide that Annie is the next Gisele, and send a jet for her?
I just don't understand why she is spending the money on it. She is pretty, but she isn't tall enough, skinny enough or honestly pretty enough to be a model.
If she can't get a job on Nick or Disney, I wonder if she would consider working in commercials. As far as I know, the level of acting skill required isn't as high (although Nick and Disney don't require Streep or Fanning level of ability)

How tall is Annie? Last i heard she was 5’4” and that was a few years ago. She is still growing and no she won’t be 5’11 and look like a Russian. But neither does Cindy Crawford who is also shorter than most super models. And really for print work you don’t need to be super tall. You just have to know how to work the camera. There are plenty of models that i look at and think they are not pretty. That Cara Dela... whatever her name is... is one of them. She’s not pretty but she gets work. Not that Annie isn’t capable of being a model, but it’s still work. It still requires growth. And maybe she likes that. But she will only get print work at most. She won’t be much taller than 5’6 if that by the time she stops growing. She won’t be tall enough for runways and she’s not exotic or skinny enough to be a VS angel. Plus have you seen what they eat? Annie isn’t gonna eat salads, egg whites and hot lemon water every single day. Being a model requires work on and off the clock. The workouts, the diets, the intense skin care routines. Being lazy isn’t gonna cut it as a model.

Alycat_2001_uk
Learner
Learner

Post by Alycat_2001_uk »

All of you stressing out over whether or not Annie and Asher will last and how deluded she is in how she acts towards him - didn't you think your relationships were super serious at that age? I think most teenage girls think their relationship is the romance of the century, so she's just being normal.
As far as that family goes, it must be incredibly lonely being Hayley or Annie. Not going to school stops them from making any real friendships. Their parents are divorcing and I can't see anyone in their lives who could truly support them through it. They don't have any real prospects for their future, because they are unlikely to get industry careers but are equally not being set up for regular jobs.
I wish their parents would put them in to school, maybe after school clubs for dance or whatever. Let them make friends, develop hobbies and generally be normal.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I never thought my relationships were remotely serious at 15 because my mom wouldn’t let me so much as hold hands with a boy and go as far as the Taco Bell down the street. She would have NEVER let me go alone (his family there or not is regardless) on a tropical vacation with him ESPECIALLY if he was 17 and i was 15. No way in Hell would my mother let me have even a tenth of the freedom Annie has with Asher at her age. My first serious relationship wasn’t until 23 and it lasted 4 years and still I didn’t think it was gonna last. And I am a day dreamer. I had picked out names for our kids. I grew up with structure and had parents who were mindful of the freedoms i had in life. Between me and my sister and brother, none of us had a relationship like theirs until college. And i think most teens in relationships are not that serious. And most parents won’t allow their kid to fly back and forth to visit him every weekend or go on vacations with him and have the loose kind of control that Annie and Asher get. Their parents let them treat it like an adult relationship. And in the world of social media, seeing what “big girl” relationships are like, it’s cute photos on the beach and kissy photos and boomerangs of you cheers-ing your glasses at an evening picnic and cuddling watching Netflix. They don’t know the ins and outs of what a real relationship at the adult level is like. Heck i lived With my bf for 4 years and still don’t know what a real adult relationship is like. They see the good stuff about dating and the cuteness of having someone to squish and cuddle with and make tik tok’s with. They don’t see the fighting and the struggles or the trying to see eye to eye or talking about money management and all the stuff that you don’t talk about on social media.

I do agree that her mother at this point needs to see that her kids aren’t going to become anything more than what they’ve become. But the problem is at least in Annie’s case, she has been held back so much in school that she probably would not test into 9th grade in a traditional school. Like i said, the kid didn’t know why 9x0 was 0 and not 9. I think a 4th grader can tell you why and she was in 8th grade at the time. So if Katie said she had to go back to school, she would most likely be held back a grade or two because they have let her slack so much in school. Remember when she did a months worth of school in a week because she was going to have to meet with a set teacher? She most likely did that because like real teachers they don’t let you google or cheat your way through lessons and tests. Like why she couldn’t manage 3 months in a school that was 4 hours long that started at 9 am and was catered to fit her busy work schedule. She was so heavily relying on Jayden to do the work for her but was probably flunking tests and I ‘m sure teachers noticed since the website for her school said the ratio is 10:1. That’s smaller than even most private schools. So a teacher is gonna notice if a kid is passing the homework and flunking the tests that’s a problem. Of course on the vlog they will say the teachers were mean or she didn’t like it. But teachers weren’t mean they probably noticed that she didn’t understand the material and maybe even called her out for cheating. And as parents Katie and Billy let her leave the school, dragged Hayley out with her and put her back on the same thing of doing online school in her bed with the door closed and her phone next to her with the whole internet at her fingertips to help her during tests. So even if they said Annie and Hayley needed to go back to being normal teens, Annie is soooo behind in school she would most likely be back in 7th grade. And they won’t do that to Annie. She’s too famous in their eyes to humiliate her like that. School is a lost cause for her. She needs a strict one on one tutor who will help her get up to grade level. She does need hobbies but she’s probably not in shape for a sport and what hobbies are there for teens in Santa Clarita, California that isn’t attached to a school? She has been so isolated from having chances to grow herself that at this point, it’s almost impossible to go back to normality and there’s very little growth to be had where they are right now.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

ETA (I can’t edit my previous post): also on the topic of dating, imagine if Asher’s career does take off and he is at work 10-12 hours a day everyday with little to no time off filming movies or going on tour and her not being able to tag along because there’s no room for her on the bus and he is gone 9 months out of the year because he is on a tour. Is she going to handle being away from him? Is she going to trust he won’t cheat on her? She seems concerned about the fluff in the relationship. But if Asher’s career is going to take off in the next year or two, she is going to find out that he will be away from her less and less and that will put a strain on the relationship. Dating a musician is hard and to add being away so much, you have to really love that person to be okay not seeing them as much. And i just don’t Annie or quite frankly most people are able to handle that stress and loneliness it takes to love a person who is never home. It’s the same for military spouses. Talk to someone whose SO is in the military and gone a lot. It’s really hard. My sisters husband is a marine and while he was gone for months at school it was hard for her. He was in North Carolina and she was in Florida and didn’t get to see each other. Imagine 15/16 year old Annie not being able to fly to wherever Asher is to see him while he’s on tour for months. She’s not strong enough for that.

Alycat_2001_uk
Learner
Learner

Post by Alycat_2001_uk »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:06 am
I never thought my relationships were remotely serious at 15 because my mom wouldn’t let me so much as hold hands with a boy and go as far as the Taco Bell down the street. She would have NEVER let me go alone (his family there or not is regardless) on a tropical vacation with him ESPECIALLY if he was 17 and i was 15. No way in Hell would my mother let me have even a tenth of the freedom Annie has with Asher at her age. My first serious relationship wasn’t until 23 and it lasted 4 years and still I didn’t think it was gonna last. And I am a day dreamer. I had picked out names for our kids. I grew up with structure and had parents who were mindful of the freedoms i had in life. Between me and my sister and brother, none of us had a relationship like theirs until college. And i think most teens in relationships are not that serious. And most parents won’t allow their kid to fly back and forth to visit him every weekend or go on vacations with him and have the loose kind of control that Annie and Asher get. Their parents let them treat it like an adult relationship. And in the world of social media, seeing what “big girl” relationships are like, it’s cute photos on the beach and kissy photos and boomerangs of you cheers-ing your glasses at an evening picnic and cuddling watching Netflix. They don’t know the ins and outs of what a real relationship at the adult level is like. Heck i lived With my bf for 4 years and still don’t know what a real adult relationship is like. They see the good stuff about dating and the cuteness of having someone to squish and cuddle with and make tik tok’s with. They don’t see the fighting and the struggles or the trying to see eye to eye or talking about money management and all the stuff that you don’t talk about on social media.
I completely agree that her parents let her do too much (going away with him etc) but that's a fault of the parents. Her attitude (as though they are some serious power couple) isn't out of the ordinary for teenagers. I work with kids that age and a little older, and every relationship seems to be the most serious thing ever (and then major drama when they split up).
The difference between Annie and any other kid her age is her parents and the way they let her live. If she had parents who treated her normally, she'd be a normal kid.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Oh yeah. It’s 100% her parents. No one is shaming her for dreaming this boy is her one and only Prince Charming. Most girls her age and older day dream about having the perfect relationship. But most parents are not letting their 15 year old daughter fly back and forth to see their boyfriend every weekend, go on beach vacations, sleep in the same bed together, have alone time in the guest apartment let alone let their daughter move into the guest house. 100% it’s Katie at fault. But it’s Asher’s parents too. They seem to be just as loose as Katie is and Billy is off with his new family now.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I think For the most part, people here are concerned for her well being and mental state when this relationship ends. Any relationship is hard when it ends. But this girl has put everything into this boy. She has few friends now, spends almost all of her time with him and treats it like they are married and together forever. So when this relationship does end, she is going to be not only heart broken but left empty. I mean What does Annie have that she can identify with that isn’t him? She isn’t a musician or an actress. She isn’t taking voice lessons or acting classes. She doesn’t have any other hobbies outside of Pinteresting her dream wedding in which he is the one at the end of the aisle. I know We see a very very very small amount of her life now without the vlogs, but she doesn’t show herself doing anything that isn’t with him or about him. I mean she works out maybe twice a month because she has to show us every time she does. But what else does this girl have that she can identify with that isn’t about Asher? So when this ends, she is going to have a very hard time coming back to peace because she will lose herself with him. That’s the problem and that’s the concern we all are talking about right now. It’s not that her feelings for him are in any way bad, it’s the fact that she’s been allowed to treat him like her husband that we have the problem with

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

As far as modeling goes, it's true that she doesn't have to do runway work to be successful. But she does have to work. And modeling for a job is different than scheduling a photo shoot at your own convenience and picking out the outfits you want to wear and ending it when you've had enough. She would have to get up when the client tells her to, and keep working even when she is tired, or cold, or bored. I have heard models talk about how they have to model summer things in the winter, and work long hours. It's not as glamorous as Annie probably thinks it is.

And I didn't believe I was going to marry my boyfriend at 14 and 15. As others have said, my parents had a grip on reality and made sure I did as well. I wasn't allowed to jet set around with my boyfriend or spend the night at his house. I agree 100% that any illusions Annie may have, and any questionable behavior can be laid at Katie's feet. Billy too, except that he wasn't hanging posters of Annie and her boyfriend on the wall, or keeping framed pictures of the couple on his bedside after they broke up.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Any job whether it looks glamorous or not is work. It’s going to require your time when you don't want to give it and especially true for modeling, time when you are not being paid for it. I habitually watch Sanne Vloet who is a VS model. She is constantly up early something Annie clearly hates. She works out daily or twice daily depending. Her eating habits are very clean, vegan, lots of veggies and low sugar. Even when Annie was eating “healthy” it was mainly fruit and protein. Fruit in high concentrations still has a lot of sugar in it. They rarely eat junk and fast food. Even on travel days they bring their own food with them and eat that over going to a restaurant in the airport or grabbing a bag of Doritos. As Annie gets older, the more her metabolism will slow down and while she won’t need to worry about this until probably 25, the habits she builds will continue to carry on with her as an adult and changing those habits will be a lot harder. I think all of us can relate to having some kind of bad eating habit. But many of those models wake up early to work out before going to work.

Modeling is not just having people primping you while you play games on your iPhone or take photo’s of yourself getting made up then going out and having a camera person tell you how amazing you are and how much of a natural you are and yes you don’t get a say in what you wear, how you pose or when you go home. But i think she is some accustomed to that as she has been on many photo shoots. I think as far as the environment and the job surrounding it, she is probably well aware of it having done it a lot. But i think The strict lifestyle is not for her. She will either not like it and still want Taco Bell, a family size bag of Doritos and Starbucks Frappuccino drinks at 300 calories a bottle. But she did have some healthy habits. She is often seen drinking water. She does eat a lot of fruit. But she also eats a ton of junk food and they always buy the most of it. Like once in the apartment, they came home from grocery shopping with 2 family sized bags of Doritos for just Annie, they bought a 4 pack of those coffee drinks for her, a bunch of snacks and junk. If Annie wants to be a model, she has to grow up a lot. She has to understand how shitty the industry is, how a photographer or editor may tell you to lose 10 pounds when she’s already under weight. How strict they eat will already be a complaint for her. It’s not as glamorous as it may seem. It is more than a job, it’s a lifestyle and if you can’t live the lifestyle, you won’t get the work.

Return to “Bratayley”