.......meow.......

ClaireField61
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: In the Nick of Time: Staying Afloat is an Oar Deal Pt. 41

Post by ClaireField61 »

Love the new title! Following right now.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Following

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Did anyone else watch Hayley’s calling fans video? She has to ask if she is allowed to mention the second season of Annie vs Hayley so I assume that Matt-ager is nearby. He is probably force feeding her what to say. Hayley doesn’t seem to have a filter so it’s probably age to be there so she doesn’t say what she isn’t allowed to say. But still the whole having a production team come in to film a 6 minute video is a waste of money.

ClaireField61
Talker
Talker

Post by ClaireField61 »

Haven't watched it, but I'm not surprised that she has to be told what to say. It seems she's used to it and unless if she's being told to be the evil sister, I trust that she doesn't see it as a big deal to promote her "Saint of a sister" She's planning her escape already, lmao.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

FYI I had to take Bratayley out of the thread title, otherwise it would've been too long and get cut off anyway. So, hopefully there's no confusion for anyone looking for the newest Bratayley thread.
.......meow.......

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

In one of the vlogs from The Bahama’s, someone says that Annie was upset that her singing video got featured on musically. Does anyone know how she got featured? I never figured out how features worked except that it was usually people who were really talented at the app like new how to work effects or just we’re really good at the timing of the lip syncing. A lot of times really good singers were featured. But I followed Annie on musically and saw the videos she did with singing and they were even more atrocious than her current singing. It wouldn’t get featured by the app if it was for deaf people never mind for the rest of us. If I remember that far back it was her singing Justin Bieber’s “Baby” and it was awful. I am wondering if the feature was cause of the traffic she got from being on Bratayley and so they featured her or if Billy had some kind of scheme in getting her featured to help create this “musically star turned singing sensation” image that they seem to want for her.

I’m really trying to figure out how they went from gymnast to singer when there have been no mentions of wanting to be a singer until AFTER the musically feature. There is a vlog where Katie and Annie write a song about traffic and she sings it (and yes it’s awful). Then after that she all of a sudden developed this obsession with the piano and then the guitar and then wam bam thank you ma’am, LDYK is released and all of a sudden she is a “singer”

They were obviously trying to make this look like a seamless transition into wanting to be a singer and making it look like this was what Annie wanted and the minions bought it. But it doesn’t make sense. Why would you go from being upset and embarrassed that your singing was featured on musically (assuming that you have some ambition to be a singer) and that your dad left it in your vlog. If she was interested in pursuing a career, those things would have been great, but she seemed genuinely embarrassed and now here she is a singer...

QueenPeen69
Debater
Debater

Post by QueenPeen69 »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:In one of the vlogs from The Bahama’s, someone says that Annie was upset that her singing video got featured on musically. Does anyone know how she got featured? I never figured out how features worked except that it was usually people who were really talented at the app like new how to work effects or just we’re really good at the timing of the lip syncing. A lot of times really good singers were featured. But I followed Annie on musically and saw the videos she did with singing and they were even more atrocious than her current singing. It wouldn’t get featured by the app if it was for deaf people never mind for the rest of us. If I remember that far back it was her singing Justin Bieber’s “Baby” and it was awful. I am wondering if the feature was cause of the traffic she got from being on Bratayley and so they featured her or if Billy had some kind of scheme in getting her featured to help create this “musically star turned singing sensation” image that they seem to want for her.

I’m really trying to figure out how they went from gymnast to singer when there have been no mentions of wanting to be a singer until AFTER the musically feature. There is a vlog where Katie and Annie write a song about traffic and she sings it (and yes it’s awful). Then after that she all of a sudden developed this obsession with the piano and then the guitar and then wam bam thank you ma’am, LDYK is released and all of a sudden she is a “singer”

They were obviously trying to make this look like a seamless transition into wanting to be a singer and making it look like this was what Annie wanted and the minions bought it. But it doesn’t make sense. Why would you go from being upset and embarrassed that your singing was featured on musically (assuming that you have some ambition to be a singer) and that your dad left it in your vlog. If she was interested in pursuing a career, those things would have been great, but she seemed genuinely embarrassed and now here she is a singer...
if i’m not mistaken, she was embarrassed about the singing musically being featured because it was her and her friends singing that james bay song let it go. i wanna say it was her, katie, sydney m, aaliyah, arden and mia and people were bullying them because it obviously didn’t sound good. and they definitely tried to make it seem like a seamless transition when it definitely felt forced and more directed to her rather than her wanting to do it. i still don’t think her singing is up to par with way they hype it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

They have some narrative that she and Caleb "wrote songs together in the basement and dreamed of being singers".
I don't buy it. Unless it's the typical singing into your hairbrush microphone that tons of kids do, and they're turning that into some story about them "dreaming of being singers"
Because it was never mentioned until all the singing actually started.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

QueenPeen69
Debater
Debater

Post by QueenPeen69 »

yeah, i don’t think i ever heard them mention her wanting to sing since their connection with RYH and then they kind of just ran with it. it would’ve made more sense had she wanted to play an instrument being that she had already started learning guitar when she was little but the singing came out of left field.

also, didn’t she buy herself an expensive ass keyboard and she used it all of what? a month maybe??? i don’t know. the whole singing career and it being “annie’s dream” feels far fetched because for the longest time her dream was to do collegiate gymnastics. it feels more like they were money hungry and did it at the expense of their kids because let’s not forget that hayley went back to homeschooling because of annie’s schedule

QueenPeen69
Debater
Debater

Post by QueenPeen69 »

yeah, i don’t think i ever heard them mention her wanting to sing since their connection with RYH and then they kind of just ran with it. it would’ve made more sense had she wanted to play an instrument being that she had already started learning guitar when she was little but the singing came out of left field.

also, didn’t she buy herself an expensive ass keyboard and she used it all of what? a month maybe??? i don’t know. the whole singing career and it being “annie’s dream” feels far fetched because for the longest time her dream was to do collegiate gymnastics. it feels more like they were money hungry and did it at the expense of their kids because let’s not forget that hayley went back to homeschooling because of annie’s schedule.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

QueenPeen69 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:56 am
Lisatheacrobat wrote:In one of the vlogs from The Bahama’s, someone says that Annie was upset that her singing video got featured on musically. Does anyone know how she got featured? I never figured out how features worked except that it was usually people who were really talented at the app like new how to work effects or just we’re really good at the timing of the lip syncing. A lot of times really good singers were featured. But I followed Annie on musically and saw the videos she did with singing and they were even more atrocious than her current singing. It wouldn’t get featured by the app if it was for deaf people never mind for the rest of us. If I remember that far back it was her singing Justin Bieber’s “Baby” and it was awful. I am wondering if the feature was cause of the traffic she got from being on Bratayley and so they featured her or if Billy had some kind of scheme in getting her featured to help create this “musically star turned singing sensation” image that they seem to want for her.

if i’m not mistaken, she was embarrassed about the singing musically being featured because it was her and her friends singing that james bay song let it go. i wanna say it was her, katie, sydney m, aaliyah, arden and mia and people were bullying them because it obviously didn’t sound good. and they definitely tried to make it seem like a seamless transition when it definitely felt forced and more directed to her rather than her wanting to do it. i still don’t think her singing is up to par with way they hype it up.

That’s right! That was featured on meme accounts. I think F***jerry featured it and yes people in the comments were brutal but there were a few stans who came to try and defend Annie but they were pretty mawled by meme followers. Was kinda funny.

As for the narrative about this being her way of honoring Caleb because they wrote songs in the basement. Was that ever talked about in early vlogs? Did Annie ever make it known that she hoped to honor Caleb by taking the songs they wrote and making music with them? I don’t buy that narractive. But of course abuse your power by exploiting your deceased son in order to make money. They took music lessons when they were young but they didn’t continue much more than a few lessons. There was never a clear narrative that Annie or Caleb ever wanted to pursue music. From all the vlogs I have watched and I admit they are a lot but all, I have never gotten the impression that she or Caleb were interested in seriously pursuing music.

And the quick switch seemed to happen fast. They were still pushing Annie the athlete narrative until all of a sudden she was doing LDYK and then it she was “I hate meets” and quitting gymnastics. Even Hayley quitting was cause she wanted to dance with Ms. Carrie and that never happened.

I still feel like there were some birdies whispering in Billy’s ear the money that could be made from this singing stuff cause it all seemed like they didn’t plan on doing this and then all of a sudden they were in LA. And it wasn’t cause Annie’s career took off. Even though LDYK did well, it was primarily because of Hannie that it became a success.

bratayleyundercover
Learner
Learner

Post by bratayleyundercover »

Following. Although I no longer Stan the Leblancs (I was never a hardcore fan anyways) I still have my fanpage up. I think I’ll use it to go undercover and figure out what’s up with the crazy stans and why they act how they so towards Annie. I’ll keep y’all posted.

mzkitteh

Re: In the Nick of Time: Staying Afloat is an Oar Deal Pt.16

Post by mzkitteh »

LOL I just realized I put part 41. Wish I could edit that. LOL Oops.
.......meow.......

youtube_obsessed843
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by youtube_obsessed843 »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:15 am
Did anyone else watch Hayley’s calling fans video? She has to ask if she is allowed to mention the second season of Annie vs Hayley so I assume that Matt-ager is nearby. He is probably force feeding her what to say. Hayley doesn’t seem to have a filter so it’s probably age to be there so she doesn’t say what she isn’t allowed to say. But still the whole having a production team come in to film a 6 minute video is a waste of money.
I watched it. Also wanted to respond to your post about it on the other thread but didn't get a chance. Your comment about the videos being like Disney channel "breaks" is spot on. I didn't even think of that but it is so so true. In terms of the payment situation, I've toyed with the idea that maybe they don't pay these people much or are given some kind of discount for their services due to working with them before, whether it be with RYH or Brat? Or maybe it's people who are new to the industry and don't have much credit or experience? I mean, Hayley's new video is just basic level editing skills. And I've also mentioned on here how Matt-ager has an insane list of prior employers, I think the numbers were like 12 different employers in 10 years? That's a lot of moving around. I wonder if he's even paid much, or thinks that there may be room to grow since Annie career is "just taking off?" Regardless, it is a waste of money and it does take away from the entire point of youtube being a creative platform for CREATORS but with their current financial situation, I just wonder how much they really pay for.

I do think Hayley has a big mouth. There have been soooo many videos where Katie says something along the lines of "am I allowed to say that?" "Are we allowed to disclose this?" "I'm not sure if we're allowed to say this but..." Katie is definitely part of the problem.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Katie for sure loooooves to tease the kids like dogs with a begging strip. Dropping that “we are doing something super awesome but it’s top secret and you can’t know, but it’s gonna be AWESOME” is what Katie does best. Then it comes about and it’s like some 30 segment on Nickelodeon in between the real shows that nobody ever watches. Did anyone even figure out what Camp Nick was? So of course the child will do the same thing. Hayley is always just upbeat and happy. So spilling tea like that would be something she would. Because she’s a child for one and doesn’t understand the logistics of the entertainment industry. But when your mom is constantly taunting the viewers about their super secret projects we can’t know about that turn out to be not super awesome.

They still have to pay somewhat of a living salary. Even nobodies in LA charge a pretty penny. Monica Church (fellow youtuber) is a photographer and she charges $150 per hour to take photo’s. I assume the set up and take down fee’s cost, plus getting the right lighting and stuff takes time. They probably charge $150-300 per hour. As far as I know about agents is they only get paid when you get work. Also, agents aren’t family friends and don’t hang out at your house holding your second cousins newborn. Matt-ager weirds me out. In like a creepy uncle sort of way. Why is he always at the house? While $300 per hour isn’t much. It could take 2 hours to set up film and strike one video. And I think there were 2 or 3 people “on set” when Hayley clarified in her story that she was filming a video and that she wasn’t hacked. So that’s still $1,200 wasted when she w
Could have set that up and filmed it herself in her bedroom and had Billy edit it for her. Like you said, it was basic editing. And if they paid an editor, that’s another few hundred dollars. That they could do for free. They seem to think that they will be doing this for the rest of their lives. They truly think that Annie is going to become the next Anna Kendrick. What are they gonna do when Annie becomes the next washed up Nick “Star” the world forgot about? She’s not even a nick star. She is barely relevant.

jroda
Learner
Learner

Post by jroda »

youtube_obsessed843 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:20 pm
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:15 am

I watched it. Also wanted to respond to your post about it on the other thread but didn't get a chance. Your comment about the videos being like Disney channel "breaks" is spot on. I didn't even think of that but it is so so true. In terms of the payment situation, I've toyed with the idea that maybe they don't pay these people much or are given some kind of discount for their services due to working with them before, whether it be with RYH or Brat? Or maybe it's people who are new to the industry and don't have much credit or experience? I mean, Hayley's new video is just basic level editing skills.
I suspect that's the case.

REEL MIKE JONES PRODUCTIONS - ReelMikeJones & MBennz CREATED IT
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 5bdL22zYBP

Search the page (Ctrl-F) for "LeBlanc", and you'll see a lot of Annie and Hayley's vlogs. (May not be updated with the latest.)

"MBennz" is probably Michele Bennett. She calls herself & Mike the girls' production team here (7:34 - 7:52):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSWqIEP0TB0&t=7m34s

Mike Jones wrote:The S.T.A.R. Kidz aka Sent To Awaken & Revolutionize KIDZ. We believe in The Law of Divine Oneness which says we are all connected.
#STARKIDZ #UNICORNS4UNITY #MBENNZ #REELMIKEJONES
https://www.starkidzla.com/
https://www.instagram.com/reelmikejones/
#FILMMAKER #Director #VideoEditor

He doesn't seem to have industry background, so it could be a mutual benefit thing.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Even if it’s a scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours kind of thing, how are these Mike and Michelle people making a living in the most expensive area of America? Unless they are living with the LeBlanc’s?! Gas alone is $5 a gallon and food is more expensive there. If they aren’t getting paid or getting paid very little, how are they making a living?

Idk. I know the LeBlanc’s are good at keeping kids engaged and wanting more and more but what are they gonna do when those and their own kids grow up? An 8 year old isn’t gonna care what 18 year old Annie is doing and 18 year old Annie isn’t going to be playing Camp Nick games and Annie vs Hayley forever. And getting her music outside of Radio Disney is going to be impossible when there is a real talent pool out there and real radio stations aren’t gonna care how many Instagram followers you have. Name anyone in top 40 radio who sings like Annie? Nobody. Even some incredibly talented bands struggle to break out. What makes them think that with the talent Annie has her wannabe Camila Cabella sound is gonna make her the next Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift? I mean Annie is really on her way out. Her songs haven’t been charting like they used to and her monthly listeners on Spotify are pretty low compared to a lot of other artists. So I’m not sure how they plan to grow out of this but it doesn’t look like she is going very far.

Even her own fans were complaining about it and saying she wasn’t very good at singing and acting. They just come up with excuses for her cause she is Annie. But when it comes to the future, they are either gonna shove the washed up Annie aside in favor of fresh and new teen Hayley or they will all disappear into the darkness never to be seen or heard from again.

bratayleyundercover
Learner
Learner

Post by bratayleyundercover »

Annie’s music career is definitely going nowhere. They think she’s this amazing singer but in reality, without the auto tune her voice is just average. Like the level of the people that were in my middle school chorus, where she should be. At school. At what level do they put their education? It seems like it’s money first, singing/“acting” second, and school third. It’s crazy. I still can’t believe Hayley had to switch back to homeschool for princess Annie’s life to be easier. It’s so pathetic the mindset these people have

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

bratayleyundercover wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:07 am
Annie’s music career is definitely going nowhere. They think she’s this amazing singer but in reality, without the auto tune her voice is just average. Like the level of the people that were in my middle school chorus, where she should be. At school. At what level do they put their education? It seems like it’s money first, singing/“acting” second, and school third. It’s crazy. I still can’t believe Hayley had to switch back to homeschool for princess Annie’s life to be easier. It’s so pathetic the mindset these people have
So I’m curious... you said you were a Stan of Bratayley in the past. What was it about them that you liked? And what is it about them that made you fall away from them? I know for me, while I don’t consider myself a Stan of any fandom, I did like their channel. I liked that they were normal people living a relatively normal life. But I think the Shaytards fame hungry lifestyle sparked the same in the LeBlanc’s. Katie seemed to have always wanted some kind of fame. But it wasn’t until a few years ago and post Caleb, that they really began forcing their kids to do things they didn’t want to do. We have talked around her about how Billy approached Annie about singing and she said no. He asked her several times and she said no every time until he basically said you’re doing it. I think there was a lot of outside influence that really spoke to them about the potential that they could get out of pushing Annie into fame. Cause like I said, that happened quickly with no real lead into it and i assume that it was because there was opportunity and they seized it.

Return to “Bratayley”