Bratayley: Operation Free Hayley (Part 9)

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Bratayley: Operation Free Hayley (Part 9)

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

waterynames wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:Interesting that the blanket sniffing topic was brought back up. So I asked my friend who also has a degree in psychology what might be the reason she does that. Actually her sister who is 21 does a similar thing. So she said that it’s due to a lack of comforting as a child that you grow attached to other things. Like as kids we know the smell of our moms and it’s comforting. Though many kids have blankets as little kids we give them up naturally because we get comfort from our parents. But attachments like Annie’s stem from that lack of comfort. Basically, her parents didn’t give her enough comfort and support as a kid so she grew an attachment to that blanket and now it’s become a habit and source of comfort for her to sniff that blanket. Are we shocked by this discovery that katie and Billy didn’t give Annie enough comfort? But then again, neither Hayley or Caleb had any type of comfort blanket attachment. Hayley has basically teased Annie by saying she doesn’t need a baby blanket to sleep with in like a mockery of Annie cause she does. What do you guys think?
I don't think it's lack of comforting as a child. Now we see Katie as a less than ideal mother, but before Caleb passed I think she was a good mother that cared a lot for her kids, so I don't think Annie lacked comfort, especially given that she's always been the golden child. Actually, I don't recall Annie using that blanket as often as she does now; she basically used it at night. She started to use it all the time after Caleb passed, and I think she would have given it up completely by now had that not happened. Losing her brother was something that she obviously didn't know how to handle so she became attached to the things that she found comforting at the time. After that, when her life was getting back on track, she said she'd only use it in her room and, as I remember, for a while it seemed as if she was starting to not depend on it as much. The problem now, I think, is that her life's changed so much that the only thing that's remained constant is that blanket; it's the only thing that brings her back home, to where everything was familiar and her brother was still with her. I also think that the fact that she doesn't mind being filmed with it is an indication of how much she depends on it. Her stress levels must be so high that she really feels she needs it and that need is superior to every other feeling, including embarrassment.

I also think she's always had a predisposition to this kind of compulsive behaviour because she's a very anxious person. For her, sniffing that blanket is like biting your nails, or emotional eating. I think for her to give up the blanket she'd have to have a stable life, and a comfortable environment where she felt safe and confident. As long as she's insecure, she'll need reassurance. And maybe now it's true she doesn't get that from her parents because they're only interested in keeping their luxurious life going no matter what she feels. Has anybody told Annie she can still go back to her old life if she wants to? That it's totally OK and nobody is going to think any less of her if she does. I don't think she has anyone with whom to talk sincerely and without pressures. Everyone that surrounds her is somehow interested in her continuing to do what she's doing. This family has lost all ability to communicate truthfully amongst themselves and with others and so, in one way or another, I think none of them is truly happy with the life they're leading. It's sad.
Interesting commentary. My first thought was exactly how I am with my doll that reminds me of someone who passed away. Before their death, I never had attachments to anything, I mean I had a favorite pillow I slept with, but this doll is more akin to Annie’s blanket. I am sure that Caleb’s death has a lot to do with the attachment. I didn’t watch the earlier episodes before his death, well I did but not like in depth pr study her behavior before and afterwards. I would say that annie does have unnatural attachments to people which is why anyone in their right mind should have screamed absolutely not in regards to fabricating a fake relationship using her when she already displayed unhealthy attachments to people. Her parents should know by now that hugging people for extra long or being an almost teenager and holding daddy’s hand or hugging him extra long or snuggling with him is not healthy. I mean idk what a normal relationship with a preteen and her father would look like because I didn’t have a good relationship with my dad ever in my life, but I don’t think that being 10,11,12 and still snuggling with daddy is really very healthy. Not too mention how she was with Katie when she was just gonna see her again in the morning. Part of me assumed it was an act that she put on because Mommy Katie thought it was just oh so precious how much they “loved” each other. Oddly enough, we don’t see Katie doing that with her friends now but Annie is still hanging all over Jayden like they are dating and calling each other besties and making best friend bucket lists and talking like they are gonna run off together in a few years. Idk it’s just interesting to see how different Katie D is now to how Annie is. There’s a very clear difference in maturity. I’m not sure either if this is something having to do with just who they are and how much is due to their upbringing? There’s a very clear family dynamic in Katie D’s family compared to Annie’s where Katie’s parents are very clear the parents and Annie’s mommy is still trying to be a teenager herself and be like her daughter which is going to prevent Annie from being able to mature.

Also while we here are rooting for her to find some normalcy, if Annie gave up acting and singing and moved back to Maryland to be a normal girl, you know for a fact all the children fans would be having coronary heart attacks and attacking her for that. It would not go over well.

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by chloesweb85 »

I don’t think katie should have brought up that Annie was giving up the blankey. For many thinks this would be fine, but at this point it is almost an addiction to Annie. It’s like a smoker or as someone said emotional eater going cold turkey. She needs to learn other coping strategies to take place of the blankey so that she doesn’t need it. Her sniffing it before putting it at the end of the bed shows she still “needs” the thing and isnt ready to give it up.

Katie said in a recent blog “I’m so excited for the new shows!! And I think Hayley and Annie would agree” wtf?! Did you even ask them if they were excited or just assume? I’m sure they never sit down with her and say “is this still what you really want?” Out of the two I actually think Hayley is enjoying all this more. She has real friends on Mani like Txunamy and seems to be having fun with it. Annie seems like the one who would be happier back home.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Mark wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:Some of you guys are even too hardcore for me. Supposedly Annie makes all A’s with the occasional B. So either she is cheating, getting it done for her, or she is just really smart but hates doing it. I can’t figure out which. My thing isn’t even that she needs to sit up and do it, but just do it so you can have conversations with people about stuff other than makeup and Instagram filters. Not everyone is gonna wanna sit and have superficial conversations about YouTube videos and what outfit you should wear for your next photo shoot for Instagram. I would say I relate to Annie a lot more than most of you guys do. If I was homeschooled, that photo would have been my life. The more I could get others to do it for me, the better. But my parents didn’t sit there and answer the questions or hold my hand while I did homework. It wasn’t until high school and college that I truly decided I wanted to take studying more serious and that had a lot to do with the influence of my best friend. By the time I got to college, I had made friends with people who were really intelligent (I dated a guy who went to get his masters in aerospace engineering at MIT on full scholarship. Imagine those conversations) I learned a lot from talking to them. Now I have grown to enjoy talking to others about stuff and learning more about them and why they feel certain ways on certain topics. Last night, I had a long conversation with my friend about Jesus and the apostle’s and people speaking in tongues and his views were much different than mine and it was interesting to sit there and talk to him about something that wasn’t just a surface level conversation. But I mean at 13, I was a lot more like Annie than most of you guys probably were and I think that’s why I can’t stand her. She is reliving my life except with manipulated fame hungry parents and money. But the lack of drive I see in her was me. I wanted it handed to me. I didn’t learn to work for it until I was older and that’s why I get so angry because it IS being handed to her and she’s being further fed that this is how life works and eventually that’s gonna go away and when’s gonna have to work for something, a job, a friendship, a relationship and she’s not really gonna understand why or even put in the effort cause it’s not what she is used to.
I think what you may be missing in our statements is that some of us are older than you and see things a bit differently. Also, Annie's parents aren't your typical middle class or even lower middle class parents. They're well to do parents. I think that's what aggravates many on here is how those parents allow this shit to go on in Annie's life/education when they literally have anything they want at a drop of the hat. Education is primo. Not to them.

In the end, it always goes back to $$$$ for Bully and Katie..... and how "cute" it is (whatever it is).

I watched an old vlog the other day when Annie was around 11 or so. It's amazing to see the difference from two years ago.
Yup. I remember when they went to Disney World a month or two before Caleb’s passing and they had to wake up at 3 am to catch their flight home (my guess is the flight is roughly an hour and a half from Orlando to Baltimore. Since the flight from Orlando to Boston was just under 2 hours). Katie asked if anyone was gonna sleep on the plane and Annie raised her hand then said she was gonna go to gymnastics when they got home and then go home nap and do school that night. It cuts to their house in the middle of the day and Annie and Hayley are sharing a beach chair doing school. You could see a very clear difference in her attitude back then. She didn’t whine or anything. But shortly after Caleb’s death, she began whining about school. But back on Maryland it seemed like she was doing school at the table or the bar, or somewhere where she was able to focus. It wasn’t until 6th grade when they switched front Abeka Academy to Bridgeway that Annie began laying on the couch to “do” school. It seems like Abeka is more lecture focused and Annie who has such a short attention span probably doesn’t get much out of lessons if all she is doing is listening to lecture after lecture for hours on end. Not everyone can learn from lectures only. Some kids need different learning styles and hands on stuff to help grasp concepts. Even if it’s asking fellow classmates to explain concepts to you because sometimes something your teacher explains you may not understand until someone else explains it differently and then all of a sudden you get it. But she’s only at the mercy of Katie and Billy to help her. Katie isn’t exactly a walking Wikipedia so she’s kinda not too good for help. Billy seems to be relatively intelligent, but he may not always be able to explain things in a way she understands. So it seems like she is getting held back because she’s not getting the same experiences other kids are getting. She is just listening to lectures all day. That may also be why she is getting through so many classes so quickly. Cause it may only consist of lecture, quiz, lecture, test, etc. she mentioned having to write a paper once, who grades that? She has to have connections to real life educators, right? I just don’t understand how she is getting away with just laying on the couch and staring at a screen is considered “getting an education”

blacksheep95
Informer
Informer

Post by blacksheep95 »

earthcrosser wrote:
montsecll6 wrote: I went to Annie's ig to see if she'd been invited and, call me a prude, but that selfie with her lips puckered up is not appropiate at all.
What exactly is inappropriate about that picture? I'm not one to defend the girl, but it seems like a boring, everyday selfie to me.
To me, everything. Her pose, the lips sticking out, the make up... It'd be perfectly fine if she were twenty-somthing, but she's still thirteen. I know there's people her age doing much worse things, but I still don't find it appropiate.

Besides, some creep is already posting pictures of her (innocent ones but that can be taken the wrong way if you have a dirty mind) on tumblr. This one picture is intentionally "flirty" (for lack of a better word; english is not my first language) so just imagine this guy's reaction. Of course it's not Annie fault that they sexualize her while she's living her life, but when you such a large social media, you have to be careful with what you post because you never know who's watching. I'm sure there's several MiamiDans lurking in the shadows.

http://rick227.tumblr.com/tagged/annie-leblanc
I should probably be working...

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

The weird thing is that she looks still so much like a child and yet she’s dressing and posing in ways that I would be even mildly creeped out by a 16 yr old doing. But she’s 13 and you still see it. Yet she’s dressing in ways that sexualize the prepubescent body she has. Even that pic of her and Jayden on the Route 66 sign, her legs open just ever so slightly... yeesh. Creeps me out.

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by keliza »

waterynames wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:Interesting that the blanket sniffing topic was brought back up. So I asked my friend who also has a degree in psychology what might be the reason she does that. Actually her sister who is 21 does a similar thing. So she said that it’s due to a lack of comforting as a child that you grow attached to other things. Like as kids we know the smell of our moms and it’s comforting. Though many kids have blankets as little kids we give them up naturally because we get comfort from our parents. But attachments like Annie’s stem from that lack of comfort. Basically, her parents didn’t give her enough comfort and support as a kid so she grew an attachment to that blanket and now it’s become a habit and source of comfort for her to sniff that blanket. Are we shocked by this discovery that katie and Billy didn’t give Annie enough comfort? But then again, neither Hayley or Caleb had any type of comfort blanket attachment. Hayley has basically teased Annie by saying she doesn’t need a baby blanket to sleep with in like a mockery of Annie cause she does. What do you guys think?
I don't think it's lack of comforting as a child. Now we see Katie as a less than ideal mother, but before Caleb passed I think she was a good mother that cared a lot for her kids, so I don't think Annie lacked comfort, especially given that she's always been the golden child. Actually, I don't recall Annie using that blanket as often as she does now; she basically used it at night. She started to use it all the time after Caleb passed, and I think she would have given it up completely by now had that not happened. Losing her brother was something that she obviously didn't know how to handle so she became attached to the things that she found comforting at the time. After that, when her life was getting back on track, she said she'd only use it in her room and, as I remember, for a while it seemed as if she was starting to not depend on it as much. The problem now, I think, is that her life's changed so much that the only thing that's remained constant is that blanket; it's the only thing that brings her back home, to where everything was familiar and her brother was still with her. I also think that the fact that she doesn't mind being filmed with it is an indication of how much she depends on it. Her stress levels must be so high that she really feels she needs it and that need is superior to every other feeling, including embarrassment.

I also think she's always had a predisposition to this kind of compulsive behaviour because she's a very anxious person. For her, sniffing that blanket is like biting your nails, or emotional eating. I think for her to give up the blanket she'd have to have a stable life, and a comfortable environment where she felt safe and confident. As long as she's insecure, she'll need reassurance. And maybe now it's true she doesn't get that from her parents because they're only interested in keeping their luxurious life going no matter what she feels. Has anybody told Annie she can still go back to her old life if she wants to? That it's totally OK and nobody is going to think any less of her if she does. I don't think she has anyone with whom to talk sincerely and without pressures. Everyone that surrounds her is somehow interested in her continuing to do what she's doing. This family has lost all ability to communicate truthfully amongst themselves and with others and so, in one way or another, I think none of them is truly happy with the life they're leading. It's sad.
Agreed as well...she has an anxious temperament which is also reflected in being physically clingy with friends, wanting to share a bed with her parents, etc. She didn't just want the blanket with her but the sniffing and rubbing it on her lips is sensory soothing when she is stressed or tired or bored. Just like eating sweets or hair twirling or whatever else. A parent interested in her well-being might ask why she needs it so much right now, and think about calming down her life for a while and getting her some assistance in learning how to cope without relying on the blanket. And dealing with her grief if she hasn't had help there. If she needs it to sleep that is not a very good sign. (I say this as someone who has both body-focused repetitive behaviors and insomnia but fortunately does not need a comfort item. That would be super awkward during stressful meetings at work!) If she doesn't learn this she may well replace the blanket with even more shopping, or when she is older, become someone who HAS to have a drink or three to calm down at the end of the day.

It is too bad they don't live with their dogs because pets can be good therapy in these situations.

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

Agree with everyone. Dogs actually could be emotional support for Annie (not just to get one to fly for free, but actual support).

The first video I ever saw from brataley was after I Heard about Caleb. I sort of remember seeing some videos that my niece showed me, but I had no clue who they were and they blended in with all the other YouTube families.

The first one I actually payed attention to was Annie and Hayley were at the kitchen table doing school and Katie comes in with the camera and Annie is clearly distraught and doesn’t want to do school. She looked like she was ready to throw her laptop at Katie. And Katie just blogged away “what’s wrong with Annie doesn’t want to do school?!” I just remember being so confused like, wait this is after the brother died, of course the kid is upset, why is the mom acting like it’s about school, why is she still filming? Looking back, Annie’s emotional needs after Caleb were not being met and she was clearly needing help but didn’t know how to ask. She was just a kid and her mom pretended not to see it.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Also Loren Gray acts and dresses like some 60 yr old mans bimbo trophy wife and I don’t think she’s 16 yet. So I mean Annie’s tame in comparison to some girls but still it’s still too much for a 13 year old. At least cover up the stomach and shoulders. Have SOME level modesty.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

In response to the calming her life down, I do wonder if the hyper focused work mindset and being a well loved celebrity is a coping mechanism. Slowing down life allows for them to really sit in their emotions from losing Caleb and it’s more the parents than the girls. We have said over and over that both parents show distance between each other, an unhealthy obsession with the girls mainly Annie and not getting proper grief counseling and help after such tragedy that if they were to slow down it would really begin to set in just how messed up they are. Having something completely different of Caleb and Maryland and anything that has anything to do with that time in their lives helps them to run away from their issue. It’s why we never see Katie any time they go back to Maryland. I feel like this new LA Bratayley is like their brand new family. A new house, new cars, new careers, new friends. A clean slate and now they are gonna be a celebrity family. Before Caleb passed they were the typical everyday American family. Kids did sports and played with friends and did normal kid stuff but now everything from that time reminds them of him and so they can’t handle it so they run from it and basically take on new identities and refurbish themselves as completely new people in order to mask the fact that they never dealt with their grief and Annie’s addiction to blankey is definitely a clear sign that she is stressed, anxious, overworked and mommy is pushing it on her. All because they are lying to themselves that taking on a new identity will help them cope.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

chloesweb85 wrote:Agree with everyone. Dogs actually could be emotional support for Annie (not just to get one to fly for free, but actual support).

The first video I ever saw from brataley was after I Heard about Caleb. I sort of remember seeing some videos that my niece showed me, but I had no clue who they were and they blended in with all the other YouTube families.

The first one I actually payed attention to was Annie and Hayley were at the kitchen table doing school and Katie comes in with the camera and Annie is clearly distraught and doesn’t want to do school. She looked like she was ready to throw her laptop at Katie. And Katie just blogged away “what’s wrong with Annie doesn’t want to do school?!” I just remember being so confused like, wait this is after the brother died, of course the kid is upset, why is the mom acting like it’s about school, why is she still filming? Looking back, Annie’s emotional needs after Caleb were not being met and she was clearly needing help but didn’t know how to ask. She was just a kid and her mom pretended not to see it.
I know exactly the scene you are describing, Katie tries to distract her by saying that she should tell everyone about the bear she got after Caleb died, the very reason she is upset in the first place. It was kinda like digging her nail deeper into the wound. I don’t understand how grown adults can’t think that those girls need some kind of help. I’m sure several friends probably mentioned grief counseling especially for Annie who was showing very obvious attitude issues during that time. I don’t understand how Katie could have possibly thought that a month or so after losing her brother that’s annie should be back to bein her usual self and question WHY she’s acting that way. I mean I can not imagine she’s THAT stupid, right?

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:In response to the calming her life down, I do wonder if the hyper focused work mindset and being a well loved celebrity is a coping mechanism. Slowing down life allows for them to really sit in their emotions from losing Caleb and it’s more the parents than the girls. We have said over and over that both parents show distance between each other, an unhealthy obsession with the girls mainly Annie and not getting proper grief counseling and help after such tragedy that if they were to slow down it would really begin to set in just how messed up they are. Having something completely different of Caleb and Maryland and anything that has anything to do with that time in their lives helps them to run away from their issue. It’s why we never see Katie any time they go back to Maryland. I feel like this new LA Bratayley is like their brand new family. A new house, new cars, new careers, new friends. A clean slate and now they are gonna be a celebrity family. Before Caleb passed they were the typical everyday American family. Kids did sports and played with friends and did normal kid stuff but now everything from that time reminds them of him and so they can’t handle it so they run from it and basically take on new identities and refurbish themselves as completely new people in order to mask the fact that they never dealt with their grief and Annie’s addiction to blankey is definitely a clear sign that she is stressed, anxious, overworked and mommy is pushing it on her. All because they are lying to themselves that taking on a new identity will help them cope.
I've thought this for a long time. I think Katie especially is running from her grief. I don't think any of them got any help in dealing with Caleb's death, and the spike in fame after he died, and all the conspiracy theories until the funeral didn't help. There were a bunch of people saying they thought it was a hoax, and that must have been incredibly painful. And Billy just seems to have withdrawn.
And now they're using Caleb's death to sell magazines? The dysfunction is just tragic.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Do you think they even realize all of this? All of the dysfunction and disconnect? Do you think they realize that Annie’s intense clinginess is more than just a personality trait? Or that her lack of schooling needs to be more structured? If as adults they are hurting over the loss how could you think it’s not hurting the girls? I just can’t imagine how you could be so money and fame hungry that you can’t even see the issues your running away from your issue has caused your kids that you now just consider quirky personality traits and it’s so cute.

NotSure
Debater
Debater

Post by NotSure »

Annie looks so awkward with her new cast. Like awkwardly doesn’t fit with the age group of the cast. She looks way too young to be “friends” with the girls and everyone. And her “acting” don’t get me started on that with that. She doesn’t flow or mesh well with them.

Tired of whoever trying to cast her older than her age.
Just watch she will be 13 dating some 19 year old next.
In life there are no such things as mistakes... only happy little boo-boos.

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

NotSure wrote:Annie looks so awkward with her new cast. Like awkwardly doesn’t fit with the age group of the cast. She looks way too young to be “friends” with the girls and everyone. And her “acting” don’t get me started on that with that. She doesn’t flow or mesh well with them.

Where are you seeing her with the cast of her new show? Is it in the new vlog? And I agree, even on Chicken Girls there were only a couple of kids who were her age or only a year older. And with all those more developed, older-looking girls Rhyme was the one all the boys lusted after. Just seemed weird and not at all realistic.

Harlow_1971
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Harlow_1971 »

Ok I had to make an account to say this. Did I seriously just watch a 9 year old get acrylics?? That kid is NINE YEARS OLD. These parents are doing those girls such a disservice, they truly have no idea.

Also, Billy’s baby voice is hands down the most cringeworthy thing I’ve heard all week. Does he not watch the videos back and think to himself “hmm... I should probably not talk like I’m 4 years old”? I honestly cannot handle these people.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

NotSure wrote:Annie looks so awkward with her new cast. Like awkwardly doesn’t fit with the age group of the cast. She looks way too young to be “friends” with the girls and everyone. And her “acting” don’t get me started on that with that. She doesn’t flow or mesh well with them.

But they had a “chemistry read” don’t you remember when Katie was all giddy to be using industry terms? Even Hayley (or Annie) made fun of Katie for being so giddy and into this whole thing. Just like in the recording studio while Annie was fretting about what filters to use on her Instagram post, Katie was flipping out over the new song that annie wrote and how amazing it was to see her in the recording booth. You would think if part of the audition process was to be able to have chemistry wouldn’t you think Annie SHOULD be able to mesh well with the cast? Isn’t that how chemistry reads go? It’s called chemistry for a reason.

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by keliza »

Yep, I saw that and thought "well, all those boys will be after her character and not the girl who actually looks like a teenager."

That and here is her new set of temporary friends. Sure are getting rid of the old crew.

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

keliza wrote:

Yep, I saw that and thought "well, all those boys will be after her character and not the girl who actually looks like a teenager."

That and here is her new set of temporary friends. Sure are getting rid of the old crew.
I am going to call that they are going to try to push the littlest boy with Hayley, both on and off screen.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

keliza wrote:

I was surprised to see her hanging out with Mads and Riley. Though Mads has been insanely sucking up to Annie. I find it weird that all of these girls hang off each other like they are together. Jayden and Annie, Mads was doing it. For those who have teen daughters, is this a common thing for girls to do now? I mean I get that we are for the most part accepting of all sexualities now, but is it common for teen girls to walk around holding hands and hugging each other and wrapping arms around each other like they are a couple?

tomorrow100
Informer
Informer

Post by tomorrow100 »

Did Hayley not get invited to JoJo's party?

Return to “Bratayley”