Bratayley- The "Mature" and the Ignored (Part 7)

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Bratayley- The "Mature" and the Ignored (Part 7)

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

britishbeaver wrote:The bedroom thing is just bizarre. Who make their kids share a bedroom to sleep in but then declares another room is for one of the children only? It makes no sense. Why can't Princess Annie sleep in her room and Hayley have a room to herself?

In the previous blog when they got the bunk beds Hayley was saying she wanted the top, then as she was about to climb up the ladder Annie knocked her out the way and went up instead. Poor Hayley even made a face to Katie, who ignored the whole thing. Hayley said again she wanted the top.

I wasn't exactly surprised when Annie woke up on the top at the start of the next vlog. That girl tramples all over Hayley and Katie is enabling it.
I will never understand the bedroom situation. However, in an earlier response, I mentioned that they may have wanted to share a room. First of all, upstairs is a loft so it's open to the rest of the house, so you lose some privacy. Second, Annie and Hayley originally planned on sharing that downstairs bedroom and Annie decorating half her way and Hayley decorating her side her own way. But Hayley, as we know is a bit of a messy person. I mean so is Annie, but Hayley is pretty messy and Annie didn't like that. Plus all of their stuff can't fit into that one bedroom. Annie alone has enough clothes to fill one closet by herself, never mind try and split it with her sister who has equally the same amount of clothing. Not too mention their shoes. She has just as many shoes in LA as she does back home in Maryland. So it's not so far fetched for Annie to have her own closet because their habit of shopping can't be controlled resulting in having more than enough clothes to wear. However, having the rest of the space deemed "hers" will only create an idea in Annie's head that she's the ruler of that space so if she doesn't want Hayley there, she will feel entitled to push her out because it's "Annie's" space. So in that case, I do think it's ridiculous since Annie can encroach on Hayley's space but Hayley can't do the same with Annie's. If Annie gets to have one and a half spaces and Hayley only has her bed and the room, then Hayley should have been allowed to pick which bunk she wanted and Annie could have gotten over it. But Katie's so focused on creating content for a vlog that she just finds their bickering to be good content. She isn't parenting her children because she is behind a camera the whole time and not dealing with the situation or worse laughing and calling it "cute." Katie needs to wake up and realize she's a 37 year old woman raising two human beings who will eventually have to make it on their own in this world. She's raising one to believe that her name entitles her to get and have whatever she wants when she wants it, which will backfire when she realizes being "Annie LeBlanc" Isn't going to matter to anyone else in this world and the other to resent her older sister because she's been pushed so far into her sisters shadow, forced to be a circus clown for her parents monetary gain and not encouraged to grow and express herself. Hayley is going to feel like she can't relate to her own family- if she doesn't feel that way already.

Funny enough, in the beginning, when Caleb was still alive, and even a little while after his passing, I never got that typical stage mom vibe from Katie. She just seemed like a normal mom recording her kids on a channel that was never really meant to take off but did (and blew up after Caleb's passing) but watching them in LA, I see stage mom more and more. First of all, Katie is just as much LA-obsessed as her kids are. She pouted about not having a postmates in Maryland because making your own food or God forbid she has to go out and get food is SO beneath her. Her whining about needing to get pedicures and laying out in the sun. Not too mention her weird obsession with being "one of the kids." It's SO obvious now that this is HER dream and not Annie's and DEFINITELY not Hayley. The thing is Annie is going to do it because the perks to being a celebrity and famous are beneficial to her. Who doesn't want free swag? Who doesn't want 5M people following your social media account (I mean almost the whole day in last nights vlog, she was so obsessed with the numbers getting bigger and bigger on her second account). Who doesn't want loads of money to drop on anything you want, when you want it? Does she like the actual acting? Maybe. She might enjoy acting cause it can be fun. So can singing and performing. But all the work that goes behind acting and singing does not interest Annie at all. Hence why she's not really grown much in either art form. She does it when she has to and when she's not doing it she's not thinking about it. She's off shopping, getting her nails done, taking selfies and making musically's and not learning an instrument or taking singing/acting lessons. She's not auditioning for any and every opportunity she can while she's in LA. She's in LA to film chicken Girls and when they aren't filming they blast outta there, as they are getting ready to do in the recent vlogs. If she was serious about acting, they would move to LA (seeing as there's nothing in Maryland for them anymore) and when she's not filming Chicken Girl's she's auditioning for whatever she can. I believe that it is or was recently pilot season. So there was PLENTY of opportunity to be able to act and audition. But either they know Annie's not talented enough for the real LA or Annie doesn't care enough to go out and audition. I'm not sure which. I would venture to say both.

Sorry for the rant, I realize I was responding to your comment about her room and went off on a tangent. This whole Annie being an entertainer thing just irritates me so much. I see so much talent being involved in the arts my entire life and seeing so many talented young actors and singers and not getting the opportunities Annie gets because they don't have a wildly popular family vlog channel when Annie's clearly not talented and not interested in it. I would like Annie a lot more if they stopped trying to make her a carbon copy of Mackenzie and if Annie was her own personality. It sounds like a lot of the viewers would like that too.

lmmomSD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by lmmomSD »

The whole "we're such nerds" thing is so far-fetched. They are so far from nerds, it's not even funny. They have no interest in anything intellectual, or expanding their horizons at all. All they're interested in expanding is their bank account and subscriber numbers.
Just for grins, I looked up the Webster definition of "nerd": an unstylish, unattractive or socially inept person, especially one slavishly devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits.
Doesn't sound like Katie, or the girls, or anything they would aspire to. Except for the "socially inept" part. That, I would buy from Katie. I still don't understand why she wants so desperately to fit in with a bunch of LA tweens. I wonder if the other kids laugh at Katie behind her back. I can definitely see Hayden making fun of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Bratayley- The

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

lmmomSD wrote:The whole "we're such nerds" thing is so far-fetched. They are so far from nerds, it's not even funny. They have no interest in anything intellectual, or expanding their horizons at all. All they're interested in expanding is their bank account and subscriber numbers.
Just for grins, I looked up the Webster definition of "nerd": an unstylish, unattractive or socially inept person, especially one slavishly devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits.
Doesn't sound like Katie, or the girls, or anything they would aspire to. Except for the "socially inept" part. That, I would buy from Katie. I still don't understand why she wants so desperately to fit in with a bunch of LA tweens. I wonder if the other kids laugh at Katie behind her back. I can definitely see Hayden making fun of her.

The word “nerd” has been coined nowadays as almost being cool. Though they call it “hipster.” Most nerds don’t have to be smart necessarily. But someone who has a fascination over things that aren’t considered cool or popular or trendy. People who play video games, watch anime, read books. Nerds aren’t people concerned with what’s trending. They spend their money at Thinkgeek not Sephora. They have more Star Wars and Harry Potter shirts than they do Supreme shirts (not that anyone can afford that). They don’t have to have the latest and greatest iPhone because everyone else has it. Nerds don’t want what everyone else has. They don’t care. Annie is so far from nerdy. She has nothing she is obsessed with that isn’t “cool.” Literally all she does is play on social media and do school. She briefly liked 2k probably because Hayden played it. But she seemed so disinterested in Fortnite when Hayden was playing it. She was glued to her phone and flaunting her onesie to the camera. True nerds would be wanting to play if not already know how to play it. I know plenty of nerds and nerds come I. All shapes and obsessions. But the ones I know are mostly gamers and love anime. Annie is the quintessential basic white girl. She’s so much like everyone else and doesn’t stand out in the slightest. That’s probably why all the girls are obsessed with her because she’s so basic that she appeals to a majority of young girls. Basic white girls and nerds wouldn’t be caught dead together. Being nerdy isn’t cool or trendy so it doesn’t appeal to basic girls. All Annie cares about is her phone, social status, looks and clothing. Where is the nerdy pRt of Annie? Did I miss something?

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

I can't believe that no one has said anything about Annie's screaming and whining while Hayley was trying to nap because she didn't feel well. And making Katie drag her along the hallway because she didn't want to put laundry away. But Hayley is the "drama queen"? How does Katie think this is good footage of her daughter to upload? Who would want to work with her? And she was more concerned about the filming angle than the fact that her sister was feeling bad.
She's becoming insufferable.
I'd hate to see how the minions defend her.

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by keliza »

lmmomSD wrote:I can't believe that no one has said anything about Annie's screaming and whining while Hayley was trying to nap because she didn't feel well. And making Katie drag her along the hallway because she didn't want to put laundry away. But Hayley is the "drama queen"? How does Katie think this is good footage of her daughter to upload? Who would want to work with her? And she was more concerned about the filming angle than the fact that her sister was feeling bad.

Ooh, that bugged me too. If I said be quiet your sister is trying to sleep and my kid screamed in response there would be some kind of consequence. Of course right up until then Katie had also been so loud it was kind of a moot point.

Annie should also not need so much help keeping her stuff organized. She is old enough to manage it. And better not immediately go complain about not having any clothes. She did say she doesn't have any swimsuits except one which is clearly not true.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

lmmomSD wrote:I can't believe that no one has said anything about Annie's screaming and whining while Hayley was trying to nap because she didn't feel well. And making Katie drag her along the hallway because she didn't want to put laundry away. But Hayley is the "drama queen"? How does Katie think this is good footage of her daughter to upload? Who would want to work with her? And she was more concerned about the filming angle than the fact that her sister was feeling bad.

Not even gonna lie. I'm THAT person who leaves laundry in the dryer for days and just pulls stuff out as needed until eventually someone needs it and I'm forced to pull it out and put it away. I would say laundry is my least favorite chore. Dishes are second. But I would definitely have been pulled across the house to have to do laundry like that when I was 13. However, her screaming at Hayley when Hayley was lying down and Katie as always laughing because everything Annie does is hilarious and precious with little to no disregard to Hayley. Idk how Hayley puts up with it. If I was her and my sister did that to me, I would have punched her. You can't expect her to be a prim and proper adult at 13, but she should have some basic manners and have parents who enforce certain rules and when those rules are broken she doesn't get dragged across the house laughing cause it's funny. Her mother needs to be a mother, turn off the camera and deal with the lazy, bratty child she created.

Post by Guest »

It's Miya and Keira's birthday, and Julianna is in the thumbnail. :roll: Benji didn't even include Keira in his Instagram story. :roll:

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

randumperry wrote:It's Miya and Keira's birthday, and Julianna is in the thumbnail. :roll: Benji didn't even include Keira in his Instagram story. :roll:
Wrong thread

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ImageImageImage

Mark
Informer
Informer

Post by Mark »

Today's vlog opens with Annie all wrapped up in a blanket. Of course, she's not doing school. Katie asked her what time she woke up. Response? 8:30. : eye roll:

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by keliza »

In the event that you are wondering about today's vlog it consists of children doing school in bed, children eating junk food, and Hayden teaching Annie how to play a video game while she shrieks and plays helpless.

So, the usual.

But they are going home tomorrow! Who wants to guess how long until they see a Maryland friend and how long (or how few days are left) before Annie's token visit to Luna. Oh, and how long before Annie goes shopping because "she doesn't have any clothes."

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Or, they go shopping because they "have to get out of the house

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Oops sent too soon. Meant to say because they have to get out of the house, and can't think of anything else to do. Katie said she wanted to do something because they were leaving California. So what did they do? Sit around the apartment with Hayden and play video games. Sigh.

tomorrow100
Informer
Informer

Post by tomorrow100 »

keliza wrote:In the event that you are wondering about today's vlog it consists of children doing school in bed, children eating junk food, and Hayden teaching Annie how to play a video game while she shrieks and plays helpless.

So, the usual.

But they are going home tomorrow! Who wants to guess how long until they see a Maryland friend and how long (or how few days are left) before Annie's token visit to Luna. Oh, and how long before Annie goes shopping because "she doesn't have any clothes."
Luna will probably be visited once, followed by a riding lesson by one of the worst trainers I've seen. I'm surprised they still have Luna, a year on and they only visits like 5 times.
I've visited my horse once/twice a day every day I in the past year.

I don't get how Annie goes through pile and piles of clothes. Literally every few months she had giant piles to get rid of...

I know she's growing but I only went shopping once maybe twice a year as a child and I had major growth spurts. It's not like she buys cheap brand clothing either.

Post by Guest »

Does anyone else think the girls get sick a lot?

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

Wow, they are actually leaving LA? For how long? Do they say? I can't be bothered to watch the vlog. But maybe I'll have a reason to watch now that they're going back to Maryland.
.......meow.......

PumpkinHead
Learner
Learner

Post by PumpkinHead »

Is it just me or does Annie's new music video feel like a knockoff of Taylor Swift's 'Wildest Dreams' video?

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Honestly, I was surprised she was up at 8:30. That’s usually what time I wake up. That’s the beauty of not having kids and working from home. This vlog wasn’t too bad, though I just can’t get over how drab and boring Hayden is. Why is this girl into him other than the public pushing them together? He isn’t funny or charming. He isn’t exceptionally attractive. He kind of acts like a tool. He seems like he tries so hard to be like Justin Bieber. There’s just nothing about him that is remotely intriguing. However, her overdramatic screaming because of a video game and fear of talking to someone she already knew on headsets was just weird? Idk maybe cause I’m a gamer and I am used to chatting on discord while I play League of Legends or H1 is normal to me. But it’s literaly like talking on the phone. What’s so scary? Maybe she was showing off her girlish flirting in the form of being a damsel in distress? Idk.

Hayley was super adorable. I pray that that girl never loses her charm. The way she grabbed the camera and was whispering come on kids, was just too cute and her little Q and A was so cute talking about her squishy’s. She hasn’t yet been transformed into the world of vanity and worrying about looks and likes yet. I just don’t wanna see Hayley become Annie in 2-3 years.

I didn’t see too much eating at all except the ice cream. But t that’s not a regular occurrence. At least not shown on the vlogs. Hayley had some cereal. Basic kids foods you can’t expect them to eat shredded wheat and carrots all the time.

I don’t really hate the kids too much. I find them to be kinda cute, Hayley more than Annie. I just find this whole Annie being a singer/actress thing frustrating because she’s not very good at it and it’s causing her to get a big head. She just isn’t deserving of it and didn’t even work for it. It was just handed to her. I do like Annie’s style. I like that jogger/tank top/hoodie look she goes for. I just would like them a whole lot more if they realized that they are never gonna make a career for Annie outside of the Brat world or the world of youtube. She’s not going to become the next JoJo Siwa. She’s not even going to become the next Mackenzie Ziegler. Not like Kenzie is fmdoing a whole lot with her life anymore. What is she up to?

Post by Guest »

mzkitteh wrote:Wow, they are actually leaving LA? For how long? Do they say? I can't be bothered to watch the vlog. But maybe I'll have a reason to watch now that they're going back to Maryland.
The Maryland vlogs are now worse than the LA vlogs IMO. It's mostly video of the dogs, plus the usual trying to drag Annie & Hayley out of bed to do school. They lay around the house like a bunch of zombies and at some point go out to eat. A real snoozefest ZZZzzz. Long gone are the fun vlogs with gymnastics and lots of friends.

Mark
Informer
Informer

Post by Mark »

keliza wrote:But they are going home tomorrow! Who wants to guess how long until they see a Maryland friend and how long (or how few days are left) before Annie's token visit to Luna. Oh, and how long before Annie goes shopping because "she doesn't have any clothes."

And how long before they dart off to LA..... again? Those poor dogs probably hate their owners by now.

Honestly, I can't see how anyone in good faith could do that to their pets.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

GspGrl6666 wrote:
mzkitteh wrote:Wow, they are actually leaving LA? For how long? Do they say? I can't be bothered to watch the vlog. But maybe I'll have a reason to watch now that they're going back to Maryland.
The Maryland vlogs are now worse than the LA vlogs IMO. It's mostly video of the dogs, plus the usual trying to drag Annie & Hayley out of bed to do school. They lay around the house like a bunch of zombies and at some point go out to eat. A real snoozefest ZZZzzz. Long gone are the fun vlogs with gymnastics and lots of friends.
I do agree which is why I don’t understand why they don’t just move to LA? Sell the horse and the house. Pack up the dogs and the rabbit (maybe, idk if bunnies travel well) and make your life in LA. Orrealize that you’re not destined to be Hollywood starlets and move out of LA, back to Maryland and become normal teenagers. Let Hayley dance and bake and go to regular school like she wanted to do. Find something for Annie to do like cheer or recreational gymnastics. I think that they would find more popularity in their vlogs if kids felt like they could relate to Annie and Hayley more like they used to. Their views dropped a lot since they became more and more stationed in LA.

Does anyone watch any other family vlog channels? What do the families do? Are the kids like Annie and are focused on sports? I can’t imagine a vlog is much fun to watch if the kids are in regular school all day then come home and watch tv do homework eat dinner and go to bed? I mean how do you create entertaining and relatable content? It seems like they were doing a great job of that when Annie was in gym and had friends and they played around the house. But now it just seems like they have no friends (even the LA friends don’t seem to have the same connection like Liv and Katie and them). That one girl Mads. Idk she seemed so fakey and irritating. Watching the Disneyland vlog, she was just kind of fake and annoying.

Return to “Bratayley”