Bratayley- Here today. Gone to Maui! (Part 5)

Itsmemustb
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bratayley- Here today. Gone to Maui! (Part 5)

Post by Itsmemustb »

lmmomSD wrote:"Wednesday" is out. It has Brooke asking for a tampon.
And Hayden says "Wait-- what?" And sounds like every other 12 year old boy on the planet. The comments are all about Hannie, and complaining about how short it is. The first comment in the screenshot is just sad.
Two nitpicky things: you can tell these people have never been to a regular middle school, because none of the lockers actually have locks. And what is with all the shots of people walking from the waist down? All these disembodied legs walking around. It's weird.Image

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I would think a good rule of thumb is that if your character is too young to have had a first period then she is too young to worry about having serious relationships with boys. I think Hayden actually does attend some kind of school. He mentioned his first day on his IG and some of the Hannie fans weren't happy about it! I will dm you the review I posted last week since it's not all that good. I really wish someone like the Full House Reviewed guy would get a hold of this "show" and give us some good snark!

Itsmemustb
Talker
Talker

Post by Itsmemustb »

123789s wrote:
montsecll6 wrote:I know Paige is very religious, but to me she's still too young to get married. She's only 22, she still has so much life ahead of her
I know this is a family gossip page I guess, but probably like every other Religious youtuber like Jess & Gabe and Cole and Sav but to have sex.
I have my doubts that Paige is still a virgin, but of course I could be wrong. You can't always judge a book by its cover.

I forgot to mention in my last post about Hayden's acting...there is just something about it that annoys me. It's like he dipped into Annie's Melatonin and he's more than halfway asleep. He needs more energy and to look more interested in what's going on in the scene. I know they aren't giving him great material to work with, but I swear he's the worst one.

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

lmmomSD wrote:I don't know. I guess a song about Caleb is better than all the Hannie BS. But they hardly ever mention Caleb. Am I the only one who finds it a little distasteful that her "first original song" is supposed to be about him? It's almost like they're capitalizing on it.
I'm always on the fence about things like this and how people choose to grieve. I'm not them and I haven't gone through anything like they have gone through but I'm a performer and I write(comedy). A lot of what I write about touches on really personal rough stuff in my life like depression and suicide, and personally it's waaaaayyyyy easier to talk about those stuff when it comes to art vs. actually straight up sharing it with everyone. There is a bit of separation that makes it easier for me than just straight up talking about it. That being said it is Bratayley soooooooooooooooo...... if they were doing it for $$$ it wouldn't be a surprise.

Ddddd12345

Post by Ddddd12345 »

I also feel that they are capitalizing on it and that they don't even realize it. They probably just looked around and thought, 'what can Annie sing about? No, not Hayden; we've done that already. How about Caleb then?'. They're just throwing ideas at Annie and seeing what sticks.

a33QyUy7
Debater
Debater

Post by a33QyUy7 »

I've completely lost touch with this strange weird family, everything keeps changing so fast. What is this tv show that Annie and Hayden are in?

Thanks

PumpkinHead
Learner
Learner

Post by PumpkinHead »

I'm new to this board and haven't had time to read many of the old posts, so forgive me if this has been discussed. But what's going on with Annie and Flippin Katie? Are they still friends? I only ask because pretty much all of the comments Katie's videos are about her and Annie. A few people said that they were together in a some of Annie's snapchats or something? It makes me wonder if they're still friends but are choosing not to appear in each other's videos to avoid comments about Billy.
After the rock your hair concert there was a ton of comments regarding the way Billy treats Annie's friends. Carrying them on his shoulders, picking them up, etc., and I saw numerous comments suggesting that he was grooming them. Perhaps they wanted those comments stop so they just stopped being in each other's videos? Again, sorry if this has already been brought up. I'm just curious, and I can't think of another reason why they would be so weird about this. If they actually weren't friends anymore, why not just say it?

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

RazzleDazzle46 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I don't know. I guess a song about Caleb is better than all the Hannie BS. But they hardly ever mention Caleb. Am I the only one who finds it a little distasteful that her "first original song" is supposed to be about him? It's almost like they're capitalizing on it.
I'm always on the fence about things like this and how people choose to grieve. I'm not them and I haven't gone through anything like they have gone through but I'm a performer and I write(comedy). A lot of what I write about touches on really personal rough stuff in my life like depression and suicide, and personally it's waaaaayyyyy easier to talk about those stuff when it comes to art vs. actually straight up sharing it with everyone. There is a bit of separation that makes it easier for me than just straight up talking about it. That being said it is Bratayley soooooooooooooooo...... if they were doing it for $$$ it wouldn't be a surprise.
I absolutely see your point. And I don't know what I would do if one of my children died. And how people grieve is such a touchy subject. And I definitely get that sharing it in art is easier than just talking about it. If we had seen Annie writing poetry or even trying to learn how to write songs, I would find all of this a lot less disingenuous. But what "art" have we seen Annie produce?

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

The dialogue on CG is so unrealistic. Who just casually chats about periods out loud in class? The fuck?

ACarATorchAJess
Learner
Learner

Post by ACarATorchAJess »

Okay, random. But some video clip of Annie popped up on my TL on IG and wow she can't act. Lol

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

waterynames
Talker
Talker

Post by waterynames »

She can't act at all. She makes all these exaggerated expressions to try and show a wide range of emotions but it comes out as forced and unnatural. Somebody should tell her that subtlety is the key to acting. These people are so full of themselves they think everything they do is great, and it's just not. Actually, Chicken Girls is the equivalent of doing a school play but with lots of money and no talent.

blacksheep95
Informer
Informer

Post by blacksheep95 »

I feel like the acting keeps getting worse and worse. So awkward.

I watched a clip from another show called Mani by the same production company and, even though it also stars "social media famous" kids, the acting is much more believable and even the dialogue seems much better. It's nothing highbrow, but at least it's not as cringe inducing
I should probably be working...

Itsmemustb
Talker
Talker

Post by Itsmemustb »

montsecll6 wrote:I feel like the acting keeps getting worse and worse. So awkward.

I watched a clip from another show called Mani by the same production company and, even though it also stars "social media famous" kids, the acting is much more believable and even the dialogue seems much better. It's nothing highbrow, but at least it's not as cringe inducing
I have watched a little of Mani also and I agree. The little girl on that show, while not professional-good, can act rings around Annie. The show itself is terrible. I mainly dislike it because it seems to be bent on teaching kids bad things like cussing and bullying and making it seem all cute and funny. Chicken Girls is a bad show in a whole other way. There is very little character development (why should we care if TK likes Rhyme or not when the writers haven't even let the audience get to know anyone enough for US to like them?), stilted and unrealistic dialogue, a ton of cliches, etc. I will say, though, that I enjoy watching Annie as Rhyme more than I enjoy watching Annie as this new Hollywood diva real life Annie. She's more likable and her own person.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Itsmemustb wrote:
montsecll6 wrote:I feel like the acting keeps getting worse and worse. So awkward.

I have watched a little of Mani also and I agree. The little girl on that show, while not professional-good, can act rings around Annie. The show itself is terrible. I mainly dislike it because it seems to be bent on teaching kids bad things like cussing and bullying and making it seem all cute and funny. Chicken Girls is a bad show in a whole other way. There is very little character development (why should we care if TK likes Rhyme or not when the writers haven't even let the audience get to know anyone enough for US to like them?), stilted and unrealistic dialogue, a ton of cliches, etc. I will say, though, that I enjoy watching Annie as Rhyme more than I enjoy watching Annie as this new Hollywood diva real life Annie. She's more likable and her own person.
You are so right about the character development! They skimped on that because they figure everyone watching already cares about Annie and Hayden and Hannie. But they don't get that it isn't supposed to be Annie. We're supposed to care about this total stranger-- Rhyme.

I still think that the one girl, who plays Brooke's older sister, I think, (the "hot guy's" ex girlfriend) isn't bad. Maybe it's just because she's surrounded by worse actors. The scene by the locker with the jelly beans was actually believable. I'd rather watch her.
The sad thing is that the minions are eating it up. "Queen Annie! Slay acting! Yasssss!" I'm paraphrasing, but I am not far off from the actual comments. The only thing they're complaining about is how short the "episodes" are. They can't see how awful the show is because they're blinded by their adoration of Hannie. And of course everyone around them is telling them how great it is, because they want to keep getting their paychecks. And they're wondering why, if Annie is so amazing, she can't get a job at Nick or Disney. I wonder how many auditions she's actually been on...

AlexVause
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AlexVause »

I'm so thankful for Brooke taking sweet Hayley under her wing :love2:

tomorrow100
Informer
Informer

Post by tomorrow100 »

AlexVause wrote:I'm so thankful for Brooke taking sweet Hayley under her wing :love2:
Brooke is so nice, has a charming personality and she's got a good voice too! Tbh sometimes I think Brooke is overlooked because she's not Hayden. As soon as Hayden appears, its all about him and Annie!

But even with Brooke, Hayley still needs her own friends her age, not to keep tagging along with Annie's.

Also I think with CG, Hayden underacts and literally carries the same emotion, same tone of voice, expression throughout the whole thing and Annie overacts, over exaggerating the emotions and facial and body expressions.
They need acting lessons before moving on to S2!!

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

"We had a Jannie ring, but we lost it, so we have to get a new one."
First of all, it's always "we", like she and Annie are one person.
And no, we can't teach Annie to take care of her things. We'll just buy her new stuff when she loses something that's supposedly important to her.
And did Jayden flip that guy off who had the temerity to interrupt their special handshake by walking by? I swear it looked like she turned around and flipped him off with both hands. She held up _A_ finger to him-- it looked like a middle finger.

Itsmemustb
Talker
Talker

Post by Itsmemustb »

tomorrow100 wrote:
AlexVause wrote:I'm so thankful for Brooke taking sweet Hayley under her wing :love2:
Brooke is so nice, has a charming personality and she's got a good voice too! Tbh sometimes I think Brooke is overlooked because she's not Hayden. As soon as Hayden appears, its all about him and Annie!

But even with Brooke, Hayley still needs her own friends her age, not to keep tagging along with Annie's.

Also I think with CG, Hayden underacts and literally carries the same emotion, same tone of voice, expression throughout the whole thing and Annie overacts, over exaggerating the emotions and facial and body expressions.
They need acting lessons before moving on to S2!!
It's too bad that Brooke is overlooked by the fans for Hayden because she is about a million times more talented than he is at singing. She is more talented in acting too, even though she isn't a good actress. Hayden is just THAT bad at acting.

Jayden annoys me because she fawns so hard over Annie and Annie does NOT need one more person giving her a big head. Jayden seems more like an obsessed fan who somehow was allowed beyond the rope than a close friend. It all seems fake too. Annie didn't even know how to pronounce Jayden's last name and they are supposed to be such super great bffs. Seems more like an act for the cameras. Annie also called Spencer her best friend (in their handshake song). I know she is young but she plays fast and lose with those words.

I just watched yesterday's vlog and can't tell what finger Jayden held up, but she did look annoyed at the guy for just walking by. I guess Annie's friends get full of themselves just by association of being near her. Even if they know intelligently that they aren't the ones the fans are clamoring for, they seem to feel superior just being allowed in her zone.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

If she didn't use _the_ finger, that's what she meant. The guy came up the stairs, checked which level he was on, then walked to the escalator. He didn't look at them, or anything. But he ruined their special handshake moment. Just by existing in their space. So he had to be dissed. She gave the camera this "who the hell does he think he is?" look, and turned and held up one finger of both hands. It may not have actually been her middle finger, but it may as well have been. And not one word from the adults, and it got included in the vlog. Lovely. Entitled behavior FTW, Katie!

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

She did the hand signs for rock and roll (aka "horns"). I feel like the look she gave was more like "this is awkward" because he walked right by while they were doing that weird handshake/dance thing.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Summersby wrote:She did the hand signs for rock and roll (aka "horns"). I feel like the look she gave was more like "this is awkward" because he walked right by while they were doing that weird handshake/dance thing.
Thanks for clarifying the hand thing. Still rude, I thought. I guess it's just perception. Because I got a totally different vibe from the look she gave Katie. Why make any gesture at him? He was oblivious of their presence. He didn't even glance at them. And I don't think they were embarrassed at all. They film themselves every day. They run around and act out in public all the time. Annie used to do handstands everywhere, with people around. Odd to suddenly become self conscious.

Return to “Bratayley”