Bratayley- Life After Vlogging... Bratayley who? Part 17

ThisIsMeCeej
Talker
Talker

Re: Bratayley- Life After Vlogging... Bratayley who? Part 17

Post by ThisIsMeCeej »

ferriswheel wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:21 am
melihey wrote:I just realized that the bratayley official instagram account's name has been changed to katieleblanc... sorry if I'm late and it's old news Image But why is Katie still naming herself as a Leblanc if she divorced?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Not everyone changes their name back after a divorce, it's not that uncommon.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk
Plus, she may want to keep the same last name as her kids... at least for now.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I never Understood keeping your last name after getting a divorce unless it’s a pain to change it. But she seems disheveled and out of it already, it might be good for her to change her last name so she has a fresh start?

Mark
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Mark »

My mother divorced my dad and kept my last name for 42 years until she passed a few years ago. Why did she keep it? I never asked and really didn't care. I would imagine it's up to the individual.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Mark wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:58 pm
My mother divorced my dad and kept my last name for 42 years until she passed a few years ago. Why did she keep it? I never asked and really didn't care. I would imagine it's up to the individual.
I am sorry for your loss. Yeah i guess it’s up to the individual and it depends on why they got a divorce and the circumstances of it. For some people they fall out of love, others have a more nasty break up. That makes sense. But i feel Like in this case it has more to do with her brand then anything else.

ajackson1993
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by ajackson1993 »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:26 am
I never Understood keeping your last name after getting a divorce unless it’s a pain to change it. But she seems disheveled and out of it already, it might be good for her to change her last name so she has a fresh start?
Yeah, after my parents' divorce when I was a kid, my mom ended up keeping the last name, mainly because she wanted to have the same last name as my brother and I, which I can understand, I guess.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Mark wrote:My mother divorced my dad and kept my last name for 42 years until she passed a few years ago. Why did she keep it? I never asked and really didn't care. I would imagine it's up to the individual.
My kids were little when we split up, and I kept my married last name because it made things easier to have the same last name as my kids. And now, they're grown, but changing your name is a big pain in the ass. All of your accounts, your Social security number, passport, etc. At this point, maybe I am lazy, but I'm just so used to it, and can't be bothered. I have more important things to spend my time on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

rosieposie16 wrote:
melihey wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:17 pm
I just realized that the bratayley official instagram account's name has been changed to katieleblanc... sorry if I'm late and it's old news Image But why is Katie still naming herself as a Leblanc if she divorced?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I've heard it's somewhat of a hassle to change your name, if I had to guess why. Plus she's a "Public Figure"
It is definitely a pain.

And is the divorce final? I think she is keeping it for the "brand". Makes it easier to find if she has the same last name as Annie.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

Another thought, is she might not want to disassociate her last name because it's another connection she has to Caleb.
.......meow.......

Ohioteal
Informer
Informer

Post by Ohioteal »

I thought I saw someone mention that therapy was mentioned in the divorce proceedings. Are those available to see online or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

WTF???Image

alexahayes29
Wanderer
Wanderer

Bratayley- Life After Vlogging... Bratayley who? Part 17

Post by alexahayes29 »

Long time lurker here:
Their family and what they turned into just makes me sad. I started watching them after Caleb died, and they just had so much of a simpler lifestyle back in the day. Their routine consisted of homeschool, going to gymnastics, family time, etc. like your average family. They were a family I could actually relate to. But now they’ve just been brainwashed with fame. I honestly feel that if Caleb hadn’t died they would still be in Maryland, and wouldn’t be living this kind of life. For some reason something about their family just makes so depressed and sad for them. Especially Billy. I know a loss of a child effects both parents severely, but I think it really took a toll on him the most, and he just seems like a lonely person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copper
Learner
Learner

Post by Copper »

I know this is slightly off topic - but Mia Dinoto has just posted a video saying that she's in her 4th day of recovery in having Anorexia. She's doing an outpatient clinic to help get herself back on track and I just feel for her. I remember her going through a lot of hate on youtube and instagram for being 'fake' 'annoying' 'attention seeking' 'stalking annie' etc - and I do wonder if this contributed to her developing this disorder.

Anyway - posted it here because she doesn't have a thread of her own :)

LimeGreenRanger
Talker
Talker

Post by LimeGreenRanger »

Has anyone else thought about what these wonderful parents are doing for an income currently? Nothing is filming right now, they aren't making new Bratayley videos, I don't follow them on Instagram, but I don't think they're doing any ads, and I can't imagine they have a whole lot left in their savings? Can people watching their old videos really make enough to support them right now?

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Has anyone else seen Annie's IG lately? She has these pictures with DARK eyeshadow on (not a "smoky eye"-- just really dark dark teal eyeshadow all across the lid, very thick) and she seriously looks stoned. I've got no problem with her playing with makeup, bright red lips, 80's looking dark eyeshadow, whatever. She's a teenage girl. But once again, I gotta wonder if Katie is paying any attention to what she's posting on the _public_ IG her 15 year old daughter has.
I guess I'm just a crabby old lady, because I would never have let my children post the kinds of things a lot of tween "influencers" post on public pages.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

lmmomSD wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:59 am
Has anyone else seen Annie's IG lately? She has these pictures with DARK eyeshadow on (not a "smoky eye"-- just really dark dark teal eyeshadow all across the lid, very thick) and she seriously looks stoned. I've got no problem with her playing with makeup, bright red lips, 80's looking dark eyeshadow, whatever. She's a teenage girl. But once again, I gotta wonder if Katie is paying any attention to what she's posting on the _public_ IG her 15 year old daughter has.
I guess I'm just a crabby old lady, because I would never have let my children post the kinds of things a lot of tween "influencers" post on public pages.

I saw those pictures. Personally i just Don’t think it’s cute. It’s just one solid color, no depth. Kinda reminds me of MiMi from The Drew Carrey show. That was what i was doing when I was 10 with my Claire’s makeup palettes except she had cleaner lines. But i just Chalk that up to YouTube and in her specific case Paige teaching her makeup. When i was getting into makeup, all i had Was books describing how to do makeup and take care of my skin. It wasn’t until YouTube tutorials came around that i really learned how to do makeup. I remember learning how to do makeup looks from 10 year olds who could blend better than i ever could. So in her defense it is a much cleaner application than me, but still just the lack of color depth is weird... i wonder Why she thought that was a good idea?

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

LimeGreenRanger wrote:Has anyone else thought about what these wonderful parents are doing for an income currently? Nothing is filming right now, they aren't making new Bratayley videos, I don't follow them on Instagram, but I don't think they're doing any ads, and I can't imagine they have a whole lot left in their savings? Can people watching their old videos really make enough to support them right now?
Chicken Girls and Mani just put out new episodes.
Other than that, I have no idea what they are living on. Because Annie's Nickelodeon show can't be filming.
So, no Asher, no vacations, no trips to the Grove to buy out Urban Outfitters and Sephora. What on earth is Annie to do? What would be great would be if she actually developed an interest in something that was her own interest, not something that she was copying from someone else. That would be so great. Hopefully they really are social distancing (not quarantine-- everyone keeps calling it that, and it's not quarantine unless you are exposed. It's social distancing)
The stoned look in her IG post concerns me, but maybe I'm wrong/overreacting.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

From what i can Tell she is continuing to follow the trends. She mentioned she was watching Criminal Minds which for some reason seems to be trendy amongst the 14-17 year olds. And of course she watched Tiger King cause you can’t be on social media for 2 minutes without seeing someone referencing it. Without the vlogs, it’s impossible to know what she doing since everything she posts seems to be a close up of something that is hard to understand or she just isn’t going into much detail about her activities while in isolation. As far as spending, there is still online shopping and Postmates to be bought. So she probably is still wearing out the expenses to keep her satisfied while she is binging only the trendiest Netflix shows. I can’t Imagine Criminal Minds or Tiger King (granted I didn’t watch) actually interest her that much. Especially Tiger King. I can Kinda understand the crime dramas as i am Known For going down the Law and Order SVU rabbit hole quite often. But Tiger King? I mean I didnt Watch it but from what i have Heard it’s not a family friendly show. And i feel Like she only watched it to laugh at the meme’s. I’m. Sure she is still “doing” school. Especially now that the rest of the world can do what she’s always done which is push it aside and not do it. From one of her stories, it seemed like she had just woken up and it was 10:45 her time. So I’m assuming she’s sleeping in late, binging Netflix, not doing school and eating all her quarantine snacks. Basically the same thing the rest of us are doing. Certainly she could find a hobby she enjoys or perfect the ones she already “loves” but I’m sure there is little to no guitar being played or piano being learnt or hours of song writing. I’m sure she isn’t taking an online acting class cause i know for a fact that there are tons available to her in LA. But what else do you expect from her? She is just doing what the rest of us are doing. You know she isn’t gonna find a deep love for cooking and become the next Julia Child. She’s probably learning Tik Tok dances and spending hours scrolling the app. She wasn’t productive when she had stuff to do why would she start? We all know she isn’t self motivated and she’s lazy. The most productivity she is doing is that teal eye look and taking moody photo’s in her bedroom at night so it looks like a vintage 90’s photo. It’s what most teens her age are doing because most teens her age are lazy and not self motivated and many of them don’t have an activity or hobby that they could be learning during this time. It wouldn’t be fair to hold a higher standard for her but not other kids her age.

Idk much about how online schooling is working, but it sounds like even teachers aren’t doing a whole lot except putting work online and posting YouTube videos on how to do the work. At least that’s how Jacy and Kacy made it seem in their video talking about it. Sounds like online school is not 7 hours long and can be done on the students time (within reasonable timing of course). Plus Annie never was very studious. So what are other 15 year olds doing in this time? From what i have read from other teens her age, Netflix, google hangouts, Tik toks, social media. Just being lazy and chilling at home. I am Sure Annie is doing the same.

BeautyGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by BeautyGirl »

Copper wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:24 am
I know this is slightly off topic - but Mia Dinoto has just posted a video saying that she's in her 4th day of recovery in having Anorexia. She's doing an outpatient clinic to help get herself back on track and I just feel for her. I remember her going through a lot of hate on youtube and instagram for being 'fake' 'annoying' 'attention seeking' 'stalking annie' etc - and I do wonder if this contributed to her developing this disorder.

That is so sad. I’m glad she’s getting help. I feel so bad for her. She was the one who always said she wanted to be an actress. While I’m sure she supports Annie in her career it still must not have been easy to watch her just be whisked off to LA, move into a mansion be on the cover of poster mags and have a serious (though too serious) relationship with a guy who at least puts on the appearance of worshipping her. I wish things came that easy to Mia since those are things she always wanted. I don’t Annie ever truly wanted to be an actress and go all Hollywood or shall I say Hollyweird. I remember when Mia first went out there, she had to change everything. Her hair got bleached blonder, she got her eyebrows done, changed her wardrobe, she started working out a lot. I remember seeing it all in her videos thinking, geez she looks fine the way she is. I remember getting the impression that it was her manager or agent who was pushing her to make those changes. Now look what’s happened to this beautiful kid.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

BeautyGirl wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:13 pm
Copper wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:24 am

That is so sad. I’m glad she’s getting help. I feel so bad for her. She was the one who always said she wanted to be an actress. While I’m sure she supports Annie in her career it still must not have been easy to watch her just be whisked off to LA, move into a mansion be on the cover of poster mags and have a serious (though too serious) relationship with a guy who at least puts on the appearance of worshipping her. I wish things came that easy to Mia since those are things she always wanted. I don’t Annie ever truly wanted to be an actress and go all Hollywood or shall I say Hollyweird. I remember when Mia first went out there, she had to change everything. Her hair got bleached blonder, she got her eyebrows done, changed her wardrobe, she started working out a lot. I remember seeing it all in her videos thinking, geez she looks fine the way she is. I remember getting the impression that it was her manager or agent who was pushing her to make those changes. Now look what’s happened to this beautiful kid.
I feel like there is a standard makeover that happens when anyone moves to LA and especially when someone wants to be seen as a teen idol. Think that scene in Princess Diaries when Paolo turns Mia into her Princess look. Even Annie went through this albeit her makeover wasn’t the best, but the bleach blonde hair, the urban outfitters wardrobe, the heavy makeup, working out at the popular gym. There really is a lifestyle that is unspoken that you live when you move there. An extreme diet that is almost impossible to maintain, workouts that cost an arm and a leg to attend, skincare from the most prestigious lines. Eyelash extensions, bleached hair, teeth whitening sessions. All of this stuff that gets leaked to the rest of the world that can’t keep up financially. Hollywood is really a facade... i know Not everyone is like that, but especially from what i have Seen from female influencers, they all aspire for this hard to maintain aesthetic and it can easily lead to serious issues like Mia went through.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

So the best Annie could get is an animal adventures special where she goes to various zoos and plays with animals while they talk about the animals? Lmao. It’s very PBS KIDS of her. Like some mid episode break of a show meant for preschoolers on Nick Jr or PBS. Has anyone else seen it?

Return to “Bratayley”