Bratayley: Annie LeBling keeps the cash rollin' in (Pt 11)

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Bratayley: Annie LeBling keeps the cash rollin' in (Pt 1

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

MindOverNoMatter wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:Do you ever wonder if Annie will look back on her life and think she had it all or wish she was able to do more rather than buy more? Seems like she wants all this stuff but dumps it after 5 minutes. Guess that proves that money can buy nice stuff but it doesn’t buy true happiness.
I'm positive she'll look back and wished she had focused her energy on developing a skill or hobby she *actually* enjoyed. A majority of people, when they grow into adulthood, wish they would have spent their teenage years more fruitfully. However, Annie has it a lot worse because her teenage years will be closely documented in videos, and she'll always have that visual reminder from everyday of her past that she was wasteful with her time and her stuff. I can't imagine it will be fun for her when she gets older.
I know for me, I would agree with that statement 100%. I think that if I had what I have now, 10-15 years ago, I would be a lot further than I am now with the things that I am passionate about. She has everything at her service but uses it to buy hoards of Brandy Melville tops and the newest gadgets. But she doesn’t need to work for anything cause all the things she wants are given to her. A singing career? Handed to her and hoards of fans to boot. Acting career? She gets two shows made just for her in which her characters are the main focus. Despite the fact that she has had zero experience and minimal to no talent in music or acting prior to acquiring these careers. So really she has it all handed to her with the fans and worshipping stans to boot. What more could a 13 year old with low self esteem want? She doesn’t have to work on anything because they will take her at her mediocre and people will still worship the ground she walks on.

Annie to me is a classic wannabe youtube vlogger like Ellie Thumann. Living in LA, shopping at Brandy and UO. She wants to be apart of whatever hobby is trendy. Right now, that’s photography on polaroids and being a hipster. Irk if I would think of Annie as a hipster but she seems to be someone who goes with the trends and doesn’t really grasp her own identity. So when a hobby trend becomes less trendy, it too falls by the wayside in Annie’s world too. I think that’s why we all complain about her new hobby a week habits. She also seems very lazy and doesn’t really have passions for these hobbies which is why they fall by the wayside. So in her future she may not even have passions because she just went with the flow with everyone else. Even if she wasn’t lazy she doesn’t seem all that passionate about these hobbies. She kinda seems to get this idea in her head of something she wants to do, blows money on supplies for this new hobby then does it like once or twice and never touches it again. I think the mixture of her laziness and only desire to do something because some other teen youtuber does it and makes it look good and fresh then she has to do it too. But she doesn’t seem to express any passion that has stuck with her through all of her little phases.

Lauralou_15
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lauralou_15 »

The more time I spend on instagram the more I’m not 100% convinced Annie is this oblivious innocent girl and Billy is the big bad wolf, also I get put off Jayden more and more.

Seen in a post today (and this is not the first time I’ve seen something like this) where Caden has commented to someone that his sister Dylan didn’t leave Annie for Kenzie she wanted to be friends with both of them but when she started being friends with Kenzie Annie refused to be friends with her any more.

I’ve seen other posts saying similar to this as well over and over, I know there are 2 sides to every story and Caden is bound to stick up for his sister but I do think Annie needs to be careful otherwise the only person she is going to be left with is Jayden who I think has clearly dropped Kenzie for Annie as she saw her meal ticket if you will, not that I’m saying that now she’s not a genuine friend but I don’t think she was in the beginning.

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

It’s been pretty eye opening following these kids online. I think the same sort of thing happened with Jayden and Dylan. Kenzie probably didn’t like Jayden hanging out with Annie all the time and Annie didn’t like Kenzie hanging out with Kenzie for even a minute. The difference is I don’t think anyone went after Jayden, but they were ruthless with Dylan. I felt bad for her, but she is probably better off without that group.

Jayden and Hayden both became overnight BFF with Annie. Although I think Annie needs her more than the other way around. Jayden is over the top, but she knows who she is and what she wants and Annie seems a bit lost right now.

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

It’s been pretty eye opening following these kids online. I think the same sort of thing happened with Jayden and Dylan. Kenzie probably didn’t like Jayden hanging out with Annie all the time and Annie didn’t like Dylan hanging out with Kenzie for even a minute. The difference is I don’t think anyone went after Jayden, but they were ruthless with Dylan. I felt bad for her, but she is probably better off without that group.

Jayden and Hayden both became overnight BFF with Annie. Although I think Annie needs her more than the other way around. Jayden is over the top, but she knows who she is and what she wants and Annie seems a bit lost right now.

I don’t know about Billy. The things Nicole said plus him liking posts bullying a 12 year old made me lose any respect for him I may have had.

SP261
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SP261 »

Katie literally said in today's vlog that Annie gets sick every couple of months, e.g. at the time of a concert, filming AGNJ and now that school has started. I wonder if they realize that she is probably run down and beginning to burn out from the amount of work she's had as a 13 year old. That in combination with not working out and eating as healthily as she used to. It's only a matter of time before she completely burns out.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I definitely agree about Annie not being blind to the drama and having her hands in it. Annie wants nothing but to be #1 in the hearts and souls of everyone, her family, her friends and her fans. That’s how she gains her self esteem. She isn’t comfortable with who she is (probably due to the lack of individuality and self exploration she has had from a father forcing a career she didn’t want down her throat) and because of this lack of self confidence, she needs to be validated by everyone that she is the best. Which means when people float between friends or someone shows a slightly more interest in someone else (especially Kenz who was forced to be her arch nemesis from fans comparing the two) she gets involved. She copied Kenzie to be like her (or what she knows of her from Instagram and social media, I don’t think they hang out at all) when Hayden showed more interest in Kenzie than her. She has friends who are also jumping ship, it has be a kick in the face to her ego that was built on this wall of “Annie you’re my BEST friend and no one will ever take you away from me. We’re gonna grow old together and move away and go on road trips and we will be attached at the hip for ever and ever and ever” but I am sure and almost certain that Annie is very insecure. It’s possible she picks her crossover friends for information about Kenzie. It has to be frustrating and annoying to be friends with a girl who is so insecure that needed your false promises to make herself feel worthy. I am sure that Annie being insecure drove Hayden to Kenzie. Guys don’t like insecure girls. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kenzie is more laid back, chill, not worried about what other people are doing or think. Kenzie to me, seems like she has always had a sense of self. She was raised in the shadow of Maddie and really no one gets over glorified like Maddie Ziegler. I am sure that forced her to find herself much quicker than someone like Annie. So if friends are leaving Annie for Kenzie, it honestly doesn’t surprise me. I am also not surprised if Annie is in the thick of the drama while kids fight online about Dylan, I wouldn’t be surprised if Annie gave Dylan some s**t for even talking to Kenzie.

Annie at this point has been used and abused for friendship because people know she comes with instant fame. They will tell her what she wants to hear, make the promises and go along with it, gain a few thousand followers, open their own doors and then when it gets to a point where it’s no longer benefiting them, they leave her. Because they were there for the vlog anyways. It’s going to be a culture shock when someone wants to be Annie’s friend and not want to be featured in the vlogs. That may never happen. But I guarantee she is building trust issues with everyone she meets now because of these friends she has made in LA. Her last real true friend was Katie D. When Annie and clan moved and left that behind, she opened up a world of fake friends and people and she wasn’t thick skinned enough to handle any of this. And her father is behind the wheel driving it all, using his daughters self confidence and trust to make money off of. It’s truly sick how he can use and abuse her like that and the saddest thing is I feel like they aren’t even aware of the damage they are doing. I cannot imagine if they knew exactly what their actions now will do to her In the future, they wouldn’t do this. At least I hope they wouldn’t.

Mark
Informer
Informer

Post by Mark »

SP261 wrote:Katie literally said in today's vlog that Annie gets sick every couple of months, e.g. at the time of a concert, filming AGNJ and now that school has started. I wonder if they realize that she is probably run down and beginning to burn out from the amount of work she's had as a 13 year old. That in combination with not working out and eating as healthily as she used to. It's only a matter of time before she completely burns out.
I think it's her way of staying away from things she doesn't want to do.... which seems to be anything involving some sort of work. Throw that whiney look and she gets her way.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Mark wrote:
SP261 wrote:Katie literally said in today's vlog that Annie gets sick every couple of months, e.g. at the time of a concert, filming AGNJ and now that school has started. I wonder if they realize that she is probably run down and beginning to burn out from the amount of work she's had as a 13 year old. That in combination with not working out and eating as healthily as she used to. It's only a matter of time before she completely burns out.
I think it's her way of staying away from things she doesn't want to do.... which seems to be anything involving some sort of work. Throw that whiney look and she gets her way.
Agreed. We’ve seen this tactic before from Annie. If her immune system is that weak that she gets sick every few months from living her life then that’s a HUGE red flag that her health is not up to snuff. Has anyone met a healthy (no pre-existing conditions) 13 year old that gets as sick as Annie does? Could it be all the take out, no exercise and crap she eats?

We used to see this even when she was in gymnastics. She was missing meets and practices because she was sick and Katie would bring her home and then like Magic she was all better and bouncing on the trampoline. People called her out for it and then what happened? She quit gymnastics. I don’t think Annie likes all this work in a job she never wanted but unlike gymnastics she can’t feign illness and go home in acting. You gotta suck it up and do it. Celine Dion recorded My Heart Will Go On in one take cause she had a stomach flu. So you just do what you gotta do and Annie’s “I’m sick” excuses aren’t really gonna fly. Maybe it will get her out of school but even then that can’t become a habit because you get in trouble and way behind in your classes and she can’t just marathon study and call it doing school. Katie and Billy either need to say you know a kid who gets sick every few months is not a healthy child and we should get her checked out or realize that she is using it as an excuse to get out of doing stuff and buckle down and say no you have to go to school or set or whatever she is trying to get out of. It’s ridiculous how much those parents let Annie rule over them.

Mark
Informer
Informer

Post by Mark »

Annie has anxiety when she has to do something. Getting sick is her way of getting out of whatever it is. She's not sick. She, as you said, does this all the time. She either really has anxiety problems or she's just playing sick. She gets her way every damn time. So, she knows it works. Hence...........

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Mark wrote:Annie has anxiety when she has to do something. Getting sick is her way of getting out of whatever it is. She's not sick. She, as you said, does this all the time. She either really has anxiety problems or she's just playing sick. She gets her way every damn time. So, she knows it works. Hence...........
It’s definitely a mix of her using it as a way out and knowing it works. Katie isn’t a tough love kind of parent. I’m not really sure either how involved she is with this whole school thing as far as like knowing she has a test this Friday and then Friday morning she acts all sick so Katie keeps her home just for Annie to act normal after she gets her way. We saw this loads towards the end of her gymnastics career. She knows how to get her way and her parents haven’t figured it out or don’t honestly care that she is manipulating them. She manipulated them all the time. I just can’t tell if it’s them not really being parents anymore or they truly are oblivious to the fact that annie is manipulative. You woulda thought they woulda figured it out back in the gym days.

If she has anxiety that it makes her sick, she needs to see a doctor. Because if she thinks this is how life works she is going to be surprised when she gets laid off job after job for calling out sick once a week. This is the time she has to learn that life doesn’t go Annie’s way because otherwise she is going to have a rough adulthood.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Mark wrote:Annie has anxiety when she has to do something. Getting sick is her way of getting out of whatever it is. She's not sick. She, as you said, does this all the time. She either really has anxiety problems or she's just playing sick. She gets her way every damn time. So, she knows it works. Hence...........
It's always a stomach ache or a headache, which are classic anxiety, "I don't want to do this", vague symptoms. She never has anything quantifiable like a fever. And has been said, once she is "safe" from having to do whatever it is that she doesn't want, she miraculously feels better. And Katie, instead of saying "no, if you're sick, you can't go jump on the trampoline/jump off the ledge", just laughs and films it. "Oh, look! She's feeling better!"
Notice when Hayley doesn't feel well, she needs to suck it up. But Annie lays around and whines and they wait on her hand and foot.
But of course, it is just the way it is in that household.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

It's always a stomach ache or a headache, which are classic anxiety, "I don't want to do this", vague symptoms. She never has anything quantifiable like a fever. And has been said, once she is "safe" from having to do whatever it is that she doesn't want, she miraculously feels better. And Katie, instead of saying "no, if you're sick, you can't go jump on the trampoline/jump off the ledge", just laughs and films it. "Oh, look! She's feeling better!"
Notice when Hayley doesn't feel well, she needs to suck it up. But Annie lays around and whines and they wait on her hand and foot.
But of course, it is just the way it is in that household.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

waterynames
Talker
Talker

Post by waterynames »

I wondered how long it would take Annie to play the 'sick' card to avoid going to school, but this is sooner than I expected. It's so obvious she says she's not feeling well whenever she doesn't want to do something, and I can't understand why Billie and Katie reinforce it by letting her get her way. It's true that every kid her age has tried this, it's the oldest trick in the book, but the parents' aren't supposed to fall for it every time. On the other hand, if it's not to avoid an exam or something exceptional and it's happening as frequently as it does with Annie, the parents should sit down with her, have an honest conversation and find out what's the matter. If a girl who had never dealt with this kind of anxiety is struggling with it now on a regular basis, it means that either it's time for a change of lifestyle, or it's time to consider therapy.

I feel sorry for Annie, and I don't like the path she's taking: right now she's basically just a self-centred and superficial person. But she's young, and it's still in her parents' hands to try to help her become a better, smarter, happier and more confident person. If they don't help her now, they'll definitely regret it later when she's out there making stupid decisions and they can't do anything about it.

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by keliza »

They should have given the girls some time to adjust to school without a bunch of Brat and Famous Birthdays garbage. (Is Annie going to grow up and say wow, I sure missed a lot of school, but at least I made it to my interview with Famous Birthdays!). Considering the short school day, tiny school, and apparently light homework loads so far, if Annie is already so exhausted/anxious/bored to have one of her "sicknesses" then something is not right.

Katie lists off the things Annie was sick for and doesn't seem to make the connection that she doesn't get sick when they are just hanging out doing whatever, or road tripping, etc. She should probably think about those patterns a bit more. Annie may not be consciously faking it but it does seem psychogenic. (Happens to me too... and is a sign I am not healthy and need to get on that.)

There could be a lot of family stress we don't see around the house hunting. I don't remember them explaining why they went from three options to starting over so I'm guessing the market is a bit more challenging than they thought. Add in the finality of buying a house/permanently moving and there is a lot of stress there.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Yeah but house hunting and housing markets should not be a stress pit on a 13 year old. Not to this kind of level. Like we said, Annie is self centered. She doesn’t wanna do something, she will make herself ill to get out of it. She needs to learn that behavior won’t fly in the real world.

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

I think sometimes it’s anxiety and sometimes she just fakes it. Katie and Billy have to know this, but they just don’t think it’s a big deal.

Looks like Jayden was working in NYC this past weekend. She probably had to miss some school for it. I think that is why Annie was “sick”

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

chloesweb85 wrote:I think sometimes it’s anxiety and sometimes she just fakes it. Katie and Billy have to know this, but they just don’t think it’s a big deal.

Looks like Jayden was working in NYC this past weekend. She probably had to miss some school for it. I think that is why Annie was “sick”
If Annie faked being sick cause her friend wasn’t at school, then she needs to have parents who say no. You have to go to school. It’s *insane* how laid back Katie and Billy are about their children’s education. Do they honestly think that Annie is going to want to continue this career when she is no longer having it handed to her? She can’t even motivate herself to go to school, do you really think she is going to be driven enough to go to every casting call just to hear no thanks more times than yes IF she gets a yes? She isn’t thick skinned enough to be able to do that. She would go home and say what’s the point. She is so conditioned to everything being catered to her that the moment it’s no longer about her, she won’t know what to do and most likely give up on it. Like she does with everything once it gets too hard.

LimeGreenRanger
Talker
Talker

Post by LimeGreenRanger »

chloesweb85 wrote:I think sometimes it’s anxiety and sometimes she just fakes it. Katie and Billy have to know this, but they just don’t think it’s a big deal.

That makes perfect sense. I'm wondering how the kids at school are treating her and if that has anything to do with it.

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by keliza »

It sounds like Jayden is tutoring Annie pretty intensively. Annie says math is her favorite subject but she has no idea how to do her homework until Jayden talks her through every problem over an hour and a half. She mentioned getting confused about multiplication facts during a timed test and second guessing 9x0 and 9x1. That is not a good sign for an eighth grader who had supposedly been getting A's all along. Maybe she was exaggerating in her "I am so ditzy I fail to notice the obvious" way. But since I am sure the first week of math is review it doesn't sound like homeschool was keeping her up to grade level.

I wonder if they have parent teacher conferences. I hope so ... Billy and Katie need a wake up call. And professional tutoring for Annie to get her caught up and make sure she isn't relying a bit too much on Jayden's kindness (and availability).

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I would be strongly concerned if you’re 9th grader got confused on 9x0 and 9x1... those are downright simple. So either she was stressed about the test being timed and just wasn’t thinking clearly but it does sound like she is on an elementary school learning level and that seems very concerning for her parents..

Return to “Bratayley”