• Advertisement

Bratayley: Operation Free Hayley (Part 9)

Re: Bratayley: Operation Free Hayley (Part 9)

Postby keliza » Tue May 15, 2018 9:47 pm

They shouldn't have to coach her and with with her constantly anyway. She is in 7th grade. If she needs occasional help figuring out a math problem or wants someone to quiz her before a test that is fine. But they shouldn't have to practically sit with her the entire time to get her to just do the work which must be incredibly easy if she can do weeks worth in a day. She just has them completely manipulated. A 7th grader should be able to work independently most of the time for such a directed program. If not, they should get her a tutor that would not take all the crap. Or put her back in school.

I have gotten the sense that she drags her feet enough that the find it easier to do work for her. Katie has said "we're doing social studies" or whatever. We have actually seen Billy basically answer math quiz problems for her because it is late and he is probably tired of reminding her how to do arithmetic (and that is her favorite subject?) I don't think they do the majority of the work by any means but the program has no way of knowing who is doing the work. No proctored exams, no apparent discussion with instructors to confirm she isn't just googling answers or asking her parents.

There is probably no more plan to go to regular high school, but if she did she would sink like a stone having to take actual tests and do homework on time.
keliza
Informer
Informer

Advertisement

Postby lmmomSD » Tue May 15, 2018 9:56 pm

She would also be in complete shock having to turn over her phone (my kids had to) and actually sit in class for several hours a day.
She rolls her eyes every time she has to do school and whines about how "boring" it is. Maybe they should try a different program? She just seems to think life is supposed to be fun all the time and has her parents under her thumb. I wouldn't be surprised if they _are_ doing some of the work for her because she manipulates them into it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Postby musiclover12 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:30 am

lmmomSD wrote:She would also be in complete shock having to turn over her phone (my kids had to) and actually sit in class for several hours a day.
She rolls her eyes every time she has to do school and whines about how "boring" it is. Maybe they should try a different program? She just seems to think life is supposed to be fun all the time and has her parents under her thumb. I wouldn't be surprised if they _are_ doing some of the work for her because she manipulates them into it.

I can't actually imagine her in a public school anymore. A full 8 hour day of classes would be too much for her to handle. They've become way too adjusted to the fabulous L.A lifestyle of theirs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
musiclover12
Debater
Debater

Postby Gossipgirl777 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:36 am

Just found this Instagram account today https://www.instagram.com/calebisaliveproof/ They entire account is dedicated to the belief that Caleb is still alive :( I mean as weird as this family gets i truly believe he is dead because they had his funeral where his body was laid out at the front so his family and friends could say goodbye doubt you could fake that ! Other than that I must say this account has some fairly interesting theories on how Caleb is alive and how he got sent to the Military. Another theory that he was gay and that he got sent away to 'convert' him. How do these kids have so much free time to create such accounts i must say i got pretty hooked reading them all but clearly it's not very true :roll:
Gossipgirl777
Talker
Talker

Postby lmmomSD » Wed May 16, 2018 4:39 am

musiclover12 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:She would also be in complete shock having to turn over her phone (my kids had to) and actually sit in class for several hours a day.

I can't actually imagine her in a public school anymore. A full 8 hour day of classes would be too much for her to handle. They've become way too adjusted to the fabulous L.A lifestyle of theirs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Oh, absolutely. She was sitting there going on about how she had straightened half her hair and the other side was curly, and said it was "homeschool life". She's ruined for regular school. I don't think she can go to anything but an online college (if she got in anywhere). She wouldn't be able to handle actually having to attend classes.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Postby montsecll6 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:07 am

Billy posted this a few days ago https://www.instagram.com/p/BidoPHRgxUw/?taken-by=officiallydadtayley

Billy & Katie are setting her up to fail by not taking her education seriously. She has terrible study habits and, from what we've seen, she's not learning much from that program. As someone above said, they should really get her a tutor who would make her study and explain the things she doesn't understand (clearly she can't do maths without help).
I should probably be working...
montsecll6
Debater
Debater

Postby lmmomSD » Wed May 16, 2018 5:29 am

And I know it's been said ad nauseum, but why do they let them lie in bed or on the beanbag to do school? Sit up, at the counter, and quit whining about how "boring" it is.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bratayley: Operation Free Hayley (Part 9)

Postby Changeofheart » Wed May 16, 2018 5:56 am

I hope the Leblancs don’t see that Calebisalive instagram. I can’t imagine how hurtful it’d be
Changeofheart
Talker
Talker

Postby Lisatheacrobat » Wed May 16, 2018 6:27 am

Some of you guys are even too hardcore for me. Supposedly Annie makes all A’s with the occasional B. So either she is cheating, getting it done for her, or she is just really smart but hates doing it. I can’t figure out which. My thing isn’t even that she needs to sit up and do it, but just do it so you can have conversations with people about stuff other than makeup and Instagram filters. Not everyone is gonna wanna sit and have superficial conversations about YouTube videos and what outfit you should wear for your next photo shoot for Instagram. I would say I relate to Annie a lot more than most of you guys do. If I was homeschooled, that photo would have been my life. The more I could get others to do it for me, the better. But my parents didn’t sit there and answer the questions or hold my hand while I did homework. It wasn’t until high school and college that I truly decided I wanted to take studying more serious and that had a lot to do with the influence of my best friend. By the time I got to college, I had made friends with people who were really intelligent (I dated a guy who went to get his masters in aerospace engineering at MIT on full scholarship. Imagine those conversations) I learned a lot from talking to them. Now I have grown to enjoy talking to others about stuff and learning more about them and why they feel certain ways on certain topics. Last night, I had a long conversation with my friend about Jesus and the apostle’s and people speaking in tongues and his views were much different than mine and it was interesting to sit there and talk to him about something that wasn’t just a surface level conversation. But I mean at 13, I was a lot more like Annie than most of you guys probably were and I think that’s why I can’t stand her. She is reliving my life except with manipulated fame hungry parents and money. But the lack of drive I see in her was me. I wanted it handed to me. I didn’t learn to work for it until I was older and that’s why I get so angry because it IS being handed to her and she’s being further fed that this is how life works and eventually that’s gonna go away and when’s gonna have to work for something, a job, a friendship, a relationship and she’s not really gonna understand why or even put in the effort cause it’s not what she is used to.
Lisatheacrobat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby brokenwing29 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:38 am

montsecll6 wrote:Billy posted this a few days ago https://www.instagram.com/p/BidoPHRgxUw/?taken-by=officiallydadtayley

Billy & Katie are setting her up to fail by not taking her education seriously. She has terrible study habits and, from what we've seen, she's not learning much from that program. As someone above said, they should really get her a tutor who would make her study and explain the things she doesn't understand (clearly she can't do maths without help).

Aw man, I had wondered where the minions got that pic of poor pitiful Annie on the day all the stuff comes out about her and Hayden, looking all small and forlorn and innocent and hugging a teddy bear. Well played, Billy. Well played.

Oh and also noticed on Billy's IG, he wished his mother a happy mother's day but didn't mention Katie. That's not so strange by itself but it's just another thing that makes me wonder how close they are these days.
brokenwing29
Debater
Debater

Postby montsecll6 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:55 am

Jojo Siwa posted a story on instagram leaving her birthday party with Hayden saying 'Last ones standing. Finally. Bestie's back' so I guess we won't be seeing her with Annie anytime soon lol

I went to Annie's ig to see if she'd been invited and, call me a prude, but that selfie with her lips puckered up is not appropiate at all.
I should probably be working...
montsecll6
Debater
Debater

Postby lmmomSD » Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 am

I think they found the easiest course they could for her. If she's hammering out a few days worth of lessons in a couple of hours, it can't be that difficult. Plus, haven't we seen her googling answers? It's been mentioned here that she does. And the stuff that she doesn't know! It's like she's proud of being a bimbo. Unfortunately except for the Pledge of allegiance, I can't think of specific examples, but I know I have been stunned at some of the things she's said. And they all laugh like it's so cute that Annie is so ditzy.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Postby keliza » Wed May 16, 2018 7:52 am

Annie's homeschool program allows kids to retake quizzes and tests multiple times to ensure they have "learned" the material. So even if she isn't looking stuff up or getting help, of course she can get good grades even if she just memorizes answers then immediately forgets.
keliza
Informer
Informer

Postby Red99 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:45 am

There seems to be a lot of tragedy in this family, I see the girls also had a young cousin who passed away like Caleb did at a very young age.

Also so called Annie fans are so disrespectful, the amount of comments saying “we thought this was Caleb or isn’t Caleb’s birthday in July” - how about read the message and it clearly states David.
Red99
Learner
Learner

Postby lmmomSD » Wed May 16, 2018 10:52 am

Red99 wrote:There seems to be a lot of tragedy in this family, I see the girls also had a young cousin who passed away like Caleb did at a very young age.

Also so called Annie fans are so disrespectful, the amount of comments saying “we thought this was Caleb or isn’t Caleb’s birthday in July” - how about read the message and it clearly states David.
What is even more tragic is that the coroner ruled David's death a suicide. The family still says it was "accidental". Either way, it's horrific.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 am

Bahahaha. I am listening to an 80's station and "Never Gonna Give You Up" just came on. Now I can't not think of Annie and her blanket!

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Postby Red99 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:30 am

lmmomSD wrote:
Red99 wrote:There seems to be a lot of tragedy in this family, I see the girls also had a young cousin who passed away like Caleb did at a very young age.

What is even more tragic is that the coroner ruled David's death a suicide. The family still says it was "accidental". Either way, it's horrific.

Wow, I assumed it was due to the family have that heart defect that another one of them had died. That’s so dark.
Red99
Learner
Learner

Postby Red99 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:04 pm

My last post won’t let me edit it. I wanted to say in the UK ( I don’t know if it’s different in the U.S) if he had not deliberately committed suicide then the cause of death would be something like “death by misadventure”. So the fact it’s down as that would indicate it was not a accident.
Red99
Learner
Learner

Postby keliza » Wed May 16, 2018 12:33 pm

lmmomSD wrote:Bahahaha. I am listening to an 80's station and "Never Gonna Give You Up" just came on. Now I can't not think of Annie and her blanket!

Ha! Another reason she couldn't go to regular school. The blanket would not go over well in 7th grade social studies.

I think the embarrassment of having it vlogged about would be enough to get me to stop. Imagine looking back on that when you are 18 or 22 and seeing how many people watched a 13.5 year old you sniff your baby blanket on camera.

The fact that she has been using it so much especially outside of bed suggests that her life is too stressful (lack of schedule, too much social media, too much travel, lack of exercise and nutrition, being a performer without the skill, unstable social life, etc) and that she doesn't have alternative and more age appropriate methods of coping. If the situation doesn't improve and/or she doesn't learn healthy ways of self regulating she runs the risk of turning to things much more harmful than a blankie. Especially in LA where kids are racing to be "mature" well before they are.
keliza
Informer
Informer

Postby earthcrosser » Wed May 16, 2018 12:56 pm

montsecll6 wrote:I went to Annie's ig to see if she'd been invited and, call me a prude, but that selfie with her lips puckered up is not appropiate at all.

What exactly is inappropriate about that picture? I'm not one to defend the girl, but it seems like a boring, everyday selfie to me.
earthcrosser
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby Lisatheacrobat » Wed May 16, 2018 1:24 pm

Interesting that the blanket sniffing topic was brought back up. So I asked my friend who also has a degree in psychology what might be the reason she does that. Actually her sister who is 21 does a similar thing. So she said that it’s due to a lack of comforting as a child that you grow attached to other things. Like as kids we know the smell of our moms and it’s comforting. Though many kids have blankets as little kids we give them up naturally because we get comfort from our parents. But attachments like Annie’s stem from that lack of comfort. Basically, her parents didn’t give her enough comfort and support as a kid so she grew an attachment to that blanket and now it’s become a habit and source of comfort for her to sniff that blanket. Are we shocked by this discovery that katie and Billy didn’t give Annie enough comfort? But then again, neither Hayley or Caleb had any type of comfort blanket attachment. Hayley has basically teased Annie by saying she doesn’t need a baby blanket to sleep with in like a mockery of Annie cause she does. What do you guys think?
Lisatheacrobat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby Megahump » Wed May 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Lisatheacrobat wrote:Interesting that the blanket sniffing topic was brought back up. So I asked my friend who also has a degree in psychology what might be the reason she does that. Actually her sister who is 21 does a similar thing. So she said that it’s due to a lack of comforting as a child that you grow attached to other things. Like as kids we know the smell of our moms and it’s comforting. Though many kids have blankets as little kids we give them up naturally because we get comfort from our parents. But attachments like Annie’s stem from that lack of comfort. Basically, her parents didn’t give her enough comfort and support as a kid so she grew an attachment to that blanket and now it’s become a habit and source of comfort for her to sniff that blanket. Are we shocked by this discovery that katie and Billy didn’t give Annie enough comfort? But then again, neither Hayley or Caleb had any type of comfort blanket attachment. Hayley has basically teased Annie by saying she doesn’t need a baby blanket to sleep with in like a mockery of Annie cause she does. What do you guys think?

Honestly, that would be shocking. Annie has been the clear favourite from the earliest videos to today.

But then again, maybe it’s because Mr. Billy was away so much in the navy when Annie was very young, which would also explain how clingy she was with him (I don’t watch anymore, so I’m not sure if that is still the case).
Megahump
Learner
Learner

Postby Megahump » Wed May 16, 2018 2:10 pm

For those that still watch, does Mr. Billy still do that baby-talk voice of his? That was getting out of control when I quit watching last year. So disturbing listening to a 40 year old man talk like a 3 year old girl... “Dat widdle, itty-bitty, baibee wabit is sooooo cute.” That crap gave me nightmares. Can’t imagine Katie ever feeling sexual attraction towards him again after hearing that.
Megahump
Learner
Learner

Postby waterynames » Wed May 16, 2018 2:23 pm

Lisatheacrobat wrote:Interesting that the blanket sniffing topic was brought back up. So I asked my friend who also has a degree in psychology what might be the reason she does that. Actually her sister who is 21 does a similar thing. So she said that it’s due to a lack of comforting as a child that you grow attached to other things. Like as kids we know the smell of our moms and it’s comforting. Though many kids have blankets as little kids we give them up naturally because we get comfort from our parents. But attachments like Annie’s stem from that lack of comfort. Basically, her parents didn’t give her enough comfort and support as a kid so she grew an attachment to that blanket and now it’s become a habit and source of comfort for her to sniff that blanket. Are we shocked by this discovery that katie and Billy didn’t give Annie enough comfort? But then again, neither Hayley or Caleb had any type of comfort blanket attachment. Hayley has basically teased Annie by saying she doesn’t need a baby blanket to sleep with in like a mockery of Annie cause she does. What do you guys think?

I don't think it's lack of comforting as a child. Now we see Katie as a less than ideal mother, but before Caleb passed I think she was a good mother that cared a lot for her kids, so I don't think Annie lacked comfort, especially given that she's always been the golden child. Actually, I don't recall Annie using that blanket as often as she does now; she basically used it at night. She started to use it all the time after Caleb passed, and I think she would have given it up completely by now had that not happened. Losing her brother was something that she obviously didn't know how to handle so she became attached to the things that she found comforting at the time. After that, when her life was getting back on track, she said she'd only use it in her room and, as I remember, for a while it seemed as if she was starting to not depend on it as much. The problem now, I think, is that her life's changed so much that the only thing that's remained constant is that blanket; it's the only thing that brings her back home, to where everything was familiar and her brother was still with her. I also think that the fact that she doesn't mind being filmed with it is an indication of how much she depends on it. Her stress levels must be so high that she really feels she needs it and that need is superior to every other feeling, including embarrassment.

I also think she's always had a predisposition to this kind of compulsive behaviour because she's a very anxious person. For her, sniffing that blanket is like biting your nails, or emotional eating. I think for her to give up the blanket she'd have to have a stable life, and a comfortable environment where she felt safe and confident. As long as she's insecure, she'll need reassurance. And maybe now it's true she doesn't get that from her parents because they're only interested in keeping their luxurious life going no matter what she feels. Has anybody told Annie she can still go back to her old life if she wants to? That it's totally OK and nobody is going to think any less of her if she does. I don't think she has anyone with whom to talk sincerely and without pressures. Everyone that surrounds her is somehow interested in her continuing to do what she's doing. This family has lost all ability to communicate truthfully amongst themselves and with others and so, in one way or another, I think none of them is truly happy with the life they're leading. It's sad.
waterynames
Learner
Learner

Postby lmmomSD » Wed May 16, 2018 2:38 pm

waterynames wrote:

I don't think it's lack of comforting as a child. Now we see Katie as a less than ideal mother, but before Caleb passed I think she was a good mother that cared a lot for her kids, so I don't think Annie lacked comfort, especially given that she's always been the golden child. Actually, I don't recall Annie using that blanket as often as she does now; she basically used it at night. She started to use it all the time after Caleb passed, and I think she would have given it up completely by now had that not happened. Losing her brother was something that she obviously didn't know how to handle so she became attached to the things that she found comforting at the time. After that, when her life was getting back on track, she said she'd only use it in her room and, as I remember, for a while it seemed as if she was starting to not depend on it as much. The problem now, I think, is that her life's changed so much that the only thing that's remained constant is that blanket; it's the only thing that brings her back home, to where everything was familiar and her brother was still with her. I also think that the fact that she doesn't mind being filmed with it is an indication of how much she depends on it. Her stress levels must be so high that she really feels she needs it and that need is superior to every other feeling, including embarrassment.

I also think she's always had a predisposition to this kind of compulsive behaviour because she's a very anxious person. For her, sniffing that blanket is like biting your nails, or emotional eating. I think for her to give up the blanket she'd have to have a stable life, and a comfortable environment where she felt safe and confident. As long as she's insecure, she'll need reassurance. And maybe now it's true she doesn't get that from her parents because they're only interested in keeping their luxurious life going no matter what she feels. Has anybody told Annie she can still go back to her old life if she wants to? That it's totally OK and nobody is going to think any less of her if she does. I don't think she has anyone with whom to talk sincerely and without pressures. Everyone that surrounds her is somehow interested in her continuing to do what she's doing. This family has lost all ability to communicate truthfully amongst themselves and with others and so, in one way or another, I think none of them is truly happy with the life they're leading. It's sad.
I think you are spot on. And that if Caleb hadn't died, she would have long since given up that blanket.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Bratayley
VigLink badge