Helen Anderson/snakebitesparkles part 3

Re: Helen Anderson/snakebitesparkles part 3

Post by Guest »

Point and fact, she’s supposed to be a ‘lifestyle guru’, whatever that means. There should be some level of originality, but she’s just a mixed bag of a few ‘alternative’ people and edgier, well known trends. She doesn’t like to be criticised because she knows she’s copying others and she lacks the maturity to deal with it. Similar content is fine, trends and tags were always popular, but it’s more than that.

When she became friends with Kat Williams, her house suddenly started morphing into Shauna Haider’s (Nubby Twiglet). If you’re familiar with Gala Darling, I’m certain you’ll know who I mean. She started buying similar items to Kat. It didn’t start or stop there, either.

I don’t think there is a lot of ‘fat shaming’ on this thread. I think there’s a lot of realistic common sense and constructive criticism for someone who seems to be coasting through her ‘job’, as a fashion expert, as though it were a joke. I’m a UK 14 myself and maybe the other ladies here are different. Either way, if I look terrible in an outfit, tell me! Don’t let me walk around like an idiot because you’re afraid to offend me. I’m an adult, I can take it. It isn’t fat shaming, it’s honesty. Size has nothing to do with it. Helen’s fashion choices are questionable at best and all because she seems to want to morph into whoever her current obsession is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ganesa
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Ganesa »

Urlilangelxo1 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:29 am
I can’t remember what video it was but a few months ago she was talking about how much she loved Sammi Jefcoate‘s style and everything. And then she starts wearing bandanas and doing these videos that are literally ripping her off. Sorry Helen, you can’t copy someone with ACTUAL style and class when you look like THAT.
Why aren’t more people calling her out? I don’t understand why everyone licks her arse.
Just went to check Sammi's IG and I swear Helen wasn't following her a month or so ago...

Crazyinlove88
Learner
Learner

Post by Crazyinlove88 »

Glorybox wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:10 pm
Point and fact, she’s supposed to be a ‘lifestyle guru’, whatever that means. There should be some level of originality, but she’s just a mixed bag of a few ‘alternative’ people and edgier, well known trends. She doesn’t like to be criticised because she knows she’s copying others and she lacks the maturity to deal with it. Similar content is fine, trends and tags were always popular, but it’s more than that.

When she became friends with Kat Williams, her house suddenly started morphing into Shauna Haider’s (Nubby Twiglet). If you’re familiar with Gala Darling, I’m certain you’ll know who I mean. She started buying similar items to Kat. It didn’t start or stop there, either.

I don’t think there is a lot of ‘fat shaming’ on this thread. I think there’s a lot of realistic common sense and constructive criticism for someone who seems to be coasting through her ‘job’, as a fashion expert, as though it were a joke. I’m a UK 14 myself and maybe the other ladies here are different. Either way, if I look terrible in an outfit, tell me! Don’t let me walk around like an idiot because you’re afraid to offend me. I’m an adult, I can take it. It isn’t fat shaming, it’s honesty. Size has nothing to do with it. Helen’s fashion choices are questionable at best and all because she seems to want to morph into whoever her current obsession is.

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

spidermaann
Learner
Learner

Post by spidermaann »

Lucy Jane Wood low key responding to people (Helen...) stealing ideas at the 17:13 mark for those who are interested

teablossom
Learner
Learner

Post by teablossom »

spidermaann wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:41 am

Lucy Jane Wood low key responding to people (Helen...) stealing ideas at the 17:13 mark for those who are interested
When it comes to try on hauls, which is what Lucy is doing, they've been done for ages. Lucy is hardly the first person to do them, let alone the first 'average' sized girl to do them. And I think that's what she's trying to say with her answer, but also the whole point of Lucy's videos and ones like them is to help other people who are similar sizes and body shapes see what the clothing looks like on, so wouldn't more people with different body types doing similar videos be good?

lunaluvgood
Informer
Informer

Post by lunaluvgood »

teablossom wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:13 pm
spidermaann wrote:

When it comes to try on hauls, which is what Lucy is doing, they've been done for ages. Lucy is hardly the first person to do them, let alone the first 'average' sized girl to do them. And I think that's what she's trying to say with her answer, but also the whole point of Lucy's videos and ones like them is to help other people who are similar sizes and body shapes see what the clothing looks like on, so wouldn't more people with different body types doing similar videos be good?
I agree, although I did think Helen's jean video was a bit too similar. She basically tried on the exact same stuff Lucy did, although I guess her body type is different even if she's the same size.

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

lunaluvgood wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 pm
teablossom wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:13 pm
spidermaann wrote:

I agree, although I did think Helen's jean video was a bit too similar. She basically tried on the exact same stuff Lucy did, although I guess her body type is different even if she's the same size.
And at least Lucy admits her clothes can range between 3 sizes, whereas Helen would never admit to wearing anything over a size 14 :rollseyes:

Post by Guest »

Is anyone following Josie, Duncan and Connor’s new band, Hex Friends?

https://twitter.com/hexfriends/status/ ... 68128?s=12

This raises a few questions (and an eyebrow) for me and with Josie being front and centre stage for a change...

Post by Guest »

Glorybox wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:02 am

This raises a few questions (and an eyebrow) for me and with Josie being front and centre stage for a change...

Ooooh interesting!! They have got a few gigs under their belt already. I'm assuming Box of Light has disbanded?

Post by Guest »

emmer_mo wrote:
Glorybox wrote:

Ooooh interesting!! They have got a few gigs under their belt already. I'm assuming Box of Light has disbanded?
It seems so. Things appear to be going well and I’m sure the song ‘pinky promise’ isn’t anything to do with their situation, but it sure lands as a nice soundtrack to the whole situation. I genuinely like their music and prefer Josie’s vocals. Reminds me of a lot of the female fronted punk bands from the 90s that I still listen to today. Good stuff.

What I find really unfortunate in all of this is that she has a decent following online and given that these are her former band mates, I would have expected Helen to support her friends and help promote their single and now their EP, which was only released last week. It’s been radio silence from Helen.

Considering Connor helped her put music together for her annual favourites videos, beyond BOL and Josie was roped into photographing her royal narcissus and gave her vlogging content for almost a year, I should think a bit of promo and doing all she could to help them gain a bit of support would be the LEAST she could do.

I’ll also assume since it ended the way it did, that Helen didn’t see fit to pay Josie in any way for her participation in her vlogging channel. Selfish Helen, yet again.

lunaluvgood
Informer
Informer

Post by lunaluvgood »

emmer_mo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:29 am
Glorybox wrote:

Yeah I think so. In the end it was just her and Connor but then she claimed they'd be making/releasing new stuff in 2017...and that didn't happen. I wonder if she regrets the tattoo lol.

Its a shame tbh as I feel like when Box of Light was a thing is also when she was most likeable.

souplessbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by souplessbitch »

Who wants to bet the other members voted her out because she cared more about taking pictures than putting in the actual work/practice (anyone else remember that photoshoot with Josie?)

Also it's so obvious she actually doesn't care at all about Star Wars...She said the name of the new park wrong every time, so pretty sure that footage won't be used in any promotional materials.

Interesting Mark didn't join her on the trip, and also she was wearing that ring she bought after the break up (and not again since Mark has been in the picture I believe.)

hellohappiness
Informer
Informer

Post by hellohappiness »

Wait, did I miss something? Has Helen been dropped from Box of Light? :rofl:

souplessbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by souplessbitch »

hellohappiness wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:41 am
Box of Light has been dead for at least a month or two, she said it in one of her vlogs.

Urlilangelxo1
Learner
Learner

Post by Urlilangelxo1 »

souplessbitch wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:06 pm
hellohappiness wrote:
Box of Light has been dead for at least a month or two, she said it in one of her vlogs.
Box of Light hasn’t been around in at least 2 years. I can remember Helen saying in a video at the beginning of 2018 she was making a new band but looky here hex friends hasn’t got your majesty involved. Thank fuck. I reckon everyone got fed up with her diva attitude wanting to be a “rock star” and just made a band for fun. How it should be.

Can I also point out the lack of friends? Helen has bo one but her boyfriend now. Yes she occasionally sees people but where’s everyone gone? Wake up, Helen. What the hell are you doing

Post by Guest »

Urlilangelxo1 wrote:
souplessbitch wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:06 pm
hellohappiness wrote:
Box of Light hasn’t been around in at least 2 years. I can remember Helen saying in a video at the beginning of 2018 she was making a new band but looky here hex friends hasn’t got your majesty involved. Thank fuck. I reckon everyone got fed up with her diva attitude wanting to be a “rock star” and just made a band for fun. How it should be.

Can I also point out the lack of friends? Helen has bo one but her boyfriend now. Yes she occasionally sees people but where’s everyone gone? Wake up, Helen. What the hell are you doing
Her constant self-aggrandising must be exhausting. I don’t think Helen knows how to work well with others. She shouts over everyone, wants to be the centre of attention and everything she does appears to require the level of praise you would give a 5 year old. Complete diva, who probably didn’t take into account that studio time is expensive and more than likely spent half of it flouncing around like a tit.

I used to wonder how the dynamic would work within the band when she moved in with Matthew. They disappeared then, too. You’re right, it seems to be happening all over again. I doubt she’ll be able to keep buying her way out of things. Her friends all seem like decent, down to earth people with no interest in being anything like her, while she gives off the vibe that she thinks she’s better than them.

Frigg
Talker
Talker

Post by Frigg »

Her newest ad on Instagram. She's right in saying she doesn't wear makeup all the time but minimal makeup? I dont think she understands what the word minimal means.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hellohappiness
Informer
Informer

Post by hellohappiness »

Should read: As someone that mostly wears clown like makeup shoveled on with a trowel

LipstickLashes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LipstickLashes »

as if she uses Olay when she gets all that Khiel's stuff given to her !

SadSalt
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SadSalt »

Kind of completely off topic but does anyone follow Helens sister Hayley? Anyone else think her new man looks kinda young? Not hating, just curious as I’m bad at placing peoples ages.

Return to “Helen Anderson”