Hannah Maggs / The Michalaks - Part 3

auntiflo13
Has thanked: 0

Re: Hannah Maggs / The Michalaks - Part 3

Post by auntiflo13 »

jassie_gal_au wrote:Stef posted their landlord is selling the house. I wonder if it's true or an excuse to move. We called it!!! Will they stay in Bath they presumably love son mis h yet never talk about?

I hope Stef isn't lying because us investigators on here can soon check if it actually goes up for sale or if it's re-advertised as a rental !!! :rofl:

Someone's asked him on IG if he still has the campervan....

I saw a song on Youtube that's gone viral and it sounds a bit like Hannah and Stef:

"There he sits inside your local coffee shop
sporting a man bun and facial hair
Somehow he believes although he has no job
that by his thirties he will be a millionaire" (forties in Stef's case)

Chorus : M I L L E N N I A L - Gotta love millennials

"She posts lots of selfies on her Instagram
with a quote that's inspirational
Hopes to change the world while wearing yoga pants
Armed with her dreams and knowledge of essential oils" (it should be 'knowledge of flat lays' :rofl: )

Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Sorry for the double post but, they're trying to sell that £12.00 'Let it go' LED wall sign for £149.99 - it's NOT neon but, they're charging for neon. My 14 year old son got some LED rope and a connector pack (£12.00 altogether) and made a sign for his bedroom. I feel sorry for any wally who paid the £199.99 for it when first released ! :?

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

how on earth do they deal with the uncertainty of their living situation? when i was in second year uni i didn't have anywhere to live until the last minute (and also in third year due to circumstances out of my control) and i was freaking out!! I don't even have children. Feel bad for Grayson and hope his school place isn't tied too closely to where he lives.
auntiflo13 wrote:Sorry for the double post but, they're trying to sell that £12.00 'Let it go' LED wall sign for £149.99 - it's NOT neon but, they're charging for neon. My 14 year old son got some LED rope and a connector pack (£12.00 altogether) and made a sign for his bedroom. I feel sorry for any wally who paid the £199.99 for it when first released ! :?

I LOVE that sign but I refuse to pay that price for it. Why would I when I can do what your son did? sure it'll take a bit of time but I'd save at least £100. no wonder their finances are down the shitter

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Ahhh !! Wantfeed is basically an Amazon wish list. Here's a video of Stef trying to promote it three years ago :

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

auntiflo13 wrote:Ahhh !! Wantfeed is basically an Amazon wish list. Here's a video of Stef trying to promote it three years ago :

it seemed like an alright idea, and I like that you can use numerous sites as Amazon will never stock the Zara clothes I like, but it's just taken way too long to get off the ground. If it was going to, it would have IMHO. I study Economics and we're always told you need the market to be right for you, and I think it's just moved on too far for Stef. I tried using the site and it seemed as though you'd only make money if you were a popular person? I'm not that! It was quite difficult to use as well. My mac is quite old (8 years!! I'm poor) but it runs really well. Not Wantfeed though! I just like to keep a list of stuff I want. For that, I can use Excel and send it to relatives.

Also his pitching is really bad.....the jokes are terrible! Ha ha Hannah loved to shop! Classic woman!! Are men not allowed to use the site?? I'd never use this site, jesus. Also laughing at him discussing selling data... aged well!

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

so they had a week off because they had a massive barney?? do they do this every time? because they have a lot of weeks off... also when me and my boyfriend argue we still go to work. we work together, and had a massive argument about work. but I still went to work with him the next day lol

also hannah being all 'ha ha i just saw you look like a deflated dad doing whatever the wife says' ...hannah my boyfriend looks the same when i force him to let me paint his nails and do face masks. it's not a dad thing!! not everything is a mum life/dad life thing!!

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Totally agree EmilyK ! Life goes on no matter what..... even when a close family member dies - you're allowed something like 2-3 days off and have to be back at work the same week (this happened to me 18 years ago when my brother was killed in a motorcycle accident at the age of 34).... So, for them to not upload for a week because of some argument is just insane! I honestly think they chose the wrong career - it can't be that financially secure. Talking of financially secure, one subscriber on instagram said that they should buy the house that they're renting when the landlord puts it up for sale (LOLOLOL) - yeah because they can get a mortgage for £2 million :rofl:

It would make more sense for them to move somewhere cheaper like Yorkshire until they can save up enough money to ? return to London (which is what I think the argument may have been about - the landlord is selling up - Hannah probably wants to stay in Bath and Stef is itching to go back to Hipster London) ........

We also need a new thread name ...I thought of 'insufferable hipster parents' :love2:

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

auntiflo13 wrote:Totally agree EmilyK ! Life goes on no matter what..... even when a close family member dies - you're allowed something like 2-3 days off and have to be back at work the same week (this happened to me 18 years ago when my brother was killed in a motorcycle accident at the age of 34).... So, for them to not upload for a week because of some argument is just insane! I honestly think they chose the wrong career - it can't be that financially secure. Talking of financially secure, one subscriber on instagram said that they should buy the house that they're renting when the landlord puts it up for sale (LOLOLOL) - yeah because they can get a mortgage for £2 million :rofl:

It would make more sense for them to move somewhere cheaper like Yorkshire until they can save up enough money to ? return to London (which is what I think the argument may have been about - the landlord is selling up - Hannah probably wants to stay in Bath and Stef is itching to go back to Hipster London) ........

We also need a new thread name ...I thought of 'insufferable hipster parents' :love2:
Exactly! I was sick before work yesterday, but we were understaffed so I still went in! I had to. Real life doesn't stop for you, but if you're in YouTube, clearly they can afford to take time off even though they say they're doing badly.... Ha! I wouldn't mortgage them for £5! ;)

Yorkshire is SO lovely. I moved back home from London as I've recently finished uni and need to save, best thing I've ever done. I'm not too far from Leeds, York, there's always stuff going on. I live in the City of Culture (kind of lame) and there's always stuff going on. It's not as Cool as London was but the amount of money I'm saving is amazing. There's always Harrogate which is like a little Bath. London is 2.5 hours away and Yorkshire has so much nice scenery. It's not the worst place to live in my opinion.

Sted is definitely not the kind of guy to settle down with a house is he? Some people just give off that Vibe. Think he needs the excitement and fun of London, whereas Hannah wants the family life. Why don't they just go live in zone 5? Although me typing that has probably upset them!

I love that!! The Michalaks: Insufferable Hipster Parents

jassie_gal_au
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by jassie_gal_au »

But how can they afford to take so much time off? Especially if they had to let go of Tom due to finances and then they are so lazy with their vlogs.. how can that look good to brands and sponsors? They are so entitled and stupid.
I also ageee Stef wants to go back to London he's going to need a real job soon and it would be harder in Bath.
I also do not get the appeal of Bath at all. Lots of people say that they unsubbed due to their move out of London

How are they paying rent every week.. it's a mystery to me. They also both look so depressed.

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

jassie_gal_au wrote:But how can they afford to take so much time off? Especially if they had to let go of Tom due to finances and then they are so lazy with their vlogs.. how can that look good to brands and sponsors? They are so entitled and stupid.
I also ageee Stef wants to go back to London he's going to need a real job soon and it would be harder in Bath.
I also do not get the appeal of Bath at all. Lots of people say that they unsubbed due to their move out of London

How are they paying rent every week.. it's a mystery to me. They also both look so depressed.
a month ago: wow guys our finances suck please keep watching as we need the subscribers and we need to be able to afford rent
this week: we were sad so took a week off but came back to film a #sponsor video... hope u all understand....

Dewdrop2004
Talker
Talker

Post by Dewdrop2004 »

Guessing the sponsor video paid for their week off?!

How right I was about the tension I saw between them the video before this week's. Hannah even admits she can't hide her feelings...she says Stef can though ('act ' as she put it). Honestly, how I would love to have a week off work every time my husband and I have an argument lol...they need to get real. I guess if they can afford to be lazy then that's what they do. A perk of the job!? Perhaps they are much better off than we tend to think they are - I have a feeling that's the case.

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

I'm really bad at reading balance sheets etc but I did a quick look at I think 2016-2017 the Squeaky G company net worth dropped by like 6k.

Sweetnpeaceful
Informer
Informer

Hannah Maggs / The Michalaks - Part 3

Post by Sweetnpeaceful »

Funny coincidence that after my comments in here last week saying “I wonder if arguing gets in the way of them filming and uploading” that they address their relationship.

Kudos to them for being honest. As it’s been becoming kinda obvious anyway. You can always see when there is tension between them.

I just don’t like how they did that thing that some unstable couples quite often do and try to normalise it by saying “all couples argue” and go through rough patches. Because that isn’t reality for us all. It’s that thing where you say that to try and convince yourself it’s normal.

Couples that are right for each other get on. They go through rocky patches in life sure that’s normal for us all but it’s not normal to being getting at each other regularly and generally being miserable around each other like they seem to be. What they were describing is reasons why couples break up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

Sweetnpeaceful wrote:Funny coincidence that after my comments in here last week saying “I wonder if arguing gets in the way of them filming and uploading” that they address their relationship.

Kudos to them for being honest. As it’s been becoming kinda obvious anyway. You can always see when there is tension between them.

I just don’t like how they did that thing that some unstable couples quite often do and try to normalise it by saying “all couples argue” and go through rough patches. Because that isn’t reality for us all. It’s that thing where you say that to try and convince yourself it’s normal.

Couples that are right for each other get on. They go through rocky patches in life sure that’s normal for us all but it’s not normal to being getting at each other regularly and generally being miserable around each other like they seem to be. What they were describing is reasons why couples break up.
That was my thinking! Yeah me and my boyfriend argue but it's not all the time and only when we really, really need to. Otherwise, we're all good. They seem totally unstable.. do they spend any time together that isn't filmed? Does Stef actually want more kids? It seems like he didn't want to move to Bath and now resents Hannah for it, and Hannah resents him for being so busy. That's just my thoughts though. I have nothing better to be doing on a Sunday afternoon, obvs

Dewdrop2004
Talker
Talker

Post by Dewdrop2004 »

Bloomin' Ada! That dress Hannah's wearing in the vlog, spaghetti straps with pale blue and white stripes, is £108.44!! Along with her striped t-shirt and backpack bag it was from LLBean. I didnt check the other prices of things but what a lorra money for something which, although quite pleasant to look at, is also rather plain/nothing special. Talk about over priced!
Last edited by Dewdrop2004 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

Dewdrop2004 wrote:Bloomin' Ada! That dress Hannah's wearing in the vlog, spaghetti straps with pale blue and white stripes is £108.44!! Along with her striped t-shirt and backpack bag it was from LLBean. I didnt check the other prices of things but what a lorra money for something which, although quite pleaseant to look at, is also rather plain/nothing special. Talk about over priced!

oh my god i'm 99% sure i've seen similar in topshop.... she has no money but spends £108 on a dress!? although maybe she got the outfit for free??

Dewdrop2004
Talker
Talker

Post by Dewdrop2004 »

I think LLBean gave them the bag, t-shirt and that over priced dress amongst other things (loan of the campervan and tickets to Timber Fest). Part of the sponsorship I would think.

They had the gall to moan about the aesthetics of the newer version of the campervan they'd been loaned this time and how they preferred the older version. Cheeky sods. I would be pissed off with them about that if I was their sponsors. Be grateful you cheeky sods.
Last edited by Dewdrop2004 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

Dewdrop2004 wrote:I think LLBean gave them the bag, t-shirt and that over priced dress amongst other things (campervan and tickets to Timber Fest). Part of the sponsorship I would think.

if a brand told me I could get an outfit I wouldn't get the one I could easily buy on the high street lmao. sucks for her

Snooze
Learner
Learner

Post by Snooze »

emilyk wrote:
auntiflo13 wrote:Totally agree EmilyK ! Life goes on no matter what..... even when a close family member dies - you're allowed something like 2-3 days off and have to be back at work the same week (this happened to me 18 years ago when my brother was killed in a motorcycle accident at the age of 34).... So, for them to not upload for a week because of some argument is just insane! I honestly think they chose the wrong career - it can't be that financially secure. Talking of financially secure, one subscriber on instagram said that they should buy the house that they're renting when the landlord puts it up for sale (LOLOLOL) - yeah because they can get a mortgage for £2 million :rofl:

Exactly! I was sick before work yesterday, but we were understaffed so I still went in! I had to. Real life doesn't stop for you, but if you're in YouTube, clearly they can afford to take time off even though they say they're doing badly.... Ha! I wouldn't mortgage them for £5! ;)

Yorkshire is SO lovely. I moved back home from London as I've recently finished uni and need to save, best thing I've ever done. I'm not too far from Leeds, York, there's always stuff going on. I live in the City of Culture (kind of lame) and there's always stuff going on. It's not as Cool as London was but the amount of money I'm saving is amazing. There's always Harrogate which is like a little Bath. London is 2.5 hours away and Yorkshire has so much nice scenery. It's not the worst place to live in my opinion.

Sted is definitely not the kind of guy to settle down with a house is he? Some people just give off that Vibe. Think he needs the excitement and fun of London, whereas Hannah wants the family life. Why don't they just go live in zone 5? Although me typing that has probably upset them!

I really envy you! My in laws live in Yorkshire (between York and Whitby) and I cannot wait to visit them again at the end of the year for hopefully two weeks. The countryside is spectacular and so diverse and I always have new things to see and do. We try to go at least once a year but it is still not enough.

I am actually not surprised that a big argument affects their ability to put out a video. We all noticed the tension between them. They do not just work together- they film their life. If something is off it obviously works itself into the product. The only option would be a video with almost no interaction between them- which people would notice too. I think they downplayed it massively though. My guess is they had a huge argument, Wantfeed, their channel tanking, Bath and those are only three topics on top of my head.

I will say that I liked the video though. No big rant, nice pictures (I am one of the few who like the "lame" shots of nature or slowmos), they are outside doing something for once.
Was quite surprised when suddenly Grandma showed up and had to sleep in a tent. Was her being there actually planned or did they call her on short notice to mind the kids?
I am also always surprised how little they show off their sponsor sometimes. A two minute segment (if even) explaining the shop seems a bit sparsley. Some posters commented she wore a dress from the shop, but if you don't look it up you would never know what the store actually sells. Why don't they show what they picked from them and then at the spoke about which items they really liked or something like that?

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

Snooze wrote:
emilyk wrote:

I really envy you! My in laws live in Yorkshire (between York and Whitby) and I cannot wait to visit them again at the end of the year for hopefully two weeks. The countryside is spectacular and so diverse and I always have new things to see and do. We try to go at least once a year but it is still not enough.

I am actually not surprised that a big argument affects their ability to put out a video. We all noticed the tension between them. They do not just work together- they film their life. If something is off it obviously works itself into the product. The only option would be a video with almost no interaction between them- which people would notice too. I think they downplayed it massively though. My guess is they had a huge argument, Wantfeed, their channel tanking, Bath and those are only three topics on top of my head.

I will say that I liked the video though. No big rant, nice pictures (I am one of the few who like the "lame" shots of nature or slowmos), they are outside doing something for once.
Was quite surprised when suddenly Grandma showed up and had to sleep in a tent. Was her being there actually planned or did they call her on short notice to mind the kids?
I am also always surprised how little they show off their sponsor sometimes. A two minute segment (if even) explaining the shop seems a bit sparsley. Some posters commented she wore a dress from the shop, but if you don't look it up you would never know what the store actually sells. Why don't they show what they picked from them and then at the spoke about which items they really liked or something like that?

I hope you enjoy it! Yorkshire in winter is my favourite <3

I don't know how they do it. Their lives are so entangled (more than the usual married couple who would have jobs to fall back on if they divorced) and appear to spend all their time in the house/together.

I had no idea what LL Bean was... thought it was a hipster coffee place... whoops

Return to “Hannah Maggs”