Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Erik Conover/ Jessica Clements

Post by Candicandle »

1873 wrote:
Candicandle wrote:
1873 wrote:He's spending a fortune on rent. Jeez.
how much is he spending?
He said the price of their small studio times three, minus 500. So $3700. I don't know why he had to play a number game, and not just tell us outright since everyone could easily figure it out.

Seems pretty standard for the City. He probably could put it up on airbnb to offset the cost while he is traveling.

manderz123
Talker
Talker

Post by manderz123 »

that's not really a lucky gem of an apartment worth flying to nyc last minute for. you can find a manhattan apartment all year round for that much. from the sound of the family hook up, I would've expected less but yea, I guess he can air bnb that while away.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 1873 »

Candicandle wrote:
1873 wrote:
Candicandle wrote:
1873 wrote:He's spending a fortune on rent. Jeez.
how much is he spending?
He said the price of their small studio times three, minus 500. So $3700. I don't know why he had to play a number game, and not just tell us outright since everyone could easily figure it out.

Seems pretty standard for the City. He probably could put it up on airbnb to offset the cost while he is traveling.
Well, some people were shocked to hear how much Jess was paying and Erik is paying a whole $1,000 more.

And I do believe it is not illegal to do short term rentals of apartments in NYC. I guess that doesn't stop people.

bleachblack110
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bleachblack110 »

Anyone think he might not be living alone? That room he keeps showing (his bedroom) looks converted from the living room. You can see it in one of the shots. When he was with his mom buying furniture he said the living room was already furnished and he just needed bed stuff. I feel like he will yammer on about his new apartment and then eventually admit he has a roommate

spiffy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by spiffy »

Is Erik renting just a room in that apartment? He seems hesitant on showing the rest of the place.
I got a feeling he may be renting a room in an apartment where the owner or main renter is away most of the time.
He will probably have use of the whole place but may explain why the living room and kitchen area are already furnished...so he says.
I doubt Erik could afford the "supposed" $3700 rent himself and be gone a lot of the time. Hotels and hostels and Air B&B's cost and Erik doesn't eat on the cheap.
Yeah,Erik seems to be doing advertising.especially for the Nixon watch. It's why he went on that California ski and surf trip.His airfare was probably paid for but had to share a hotel room with that Matt.guy.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 1873 »

spiffy wrote:Is Erik renting just a room in that apartment? He seems hesitant on showing the rest of the place.
I got a feeling he may be renting a room in an apartment where the owner or main renter is away most of the time.
He will probably have use of the whole place but may explain why the living room and kitchen area are already furnished...so he says.
I doubt Erik could afford the "supposed" $3700 rent himself and be gone a lot of the time. Hotels and hostels and Air B&B's cost and Erik doesn't eat on the cheap.
Yeah,Erik seems to be doing advertising.especially for the Nixon watch. It's why he went on that California ski and surf trip.His airfare was probably paid for but had to share a hotel room with that Matt.guy.
Looks like you are right about the shared apartment thing. In today's vlog you can clearly see a furnished bedroom in the background. And the half wall thing looks like a way to create and extra room out of what was the living room and get around building codes.

I also doubt he can afford the $3700 on his own. He's such a grade A bullshitter. Anything to make his life seem more extravagant and adventurous than it actually is. I bet that's the price of the rent before roommate.

Cherub
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cherub »

sara's voice is so whiny and annoying..

guru_topics
Informer
Informer

Post by guru_topics »

I am over this dude. I am unsubbing :|
--guru_topics

Cherub
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cherub »

Cleaning out my Mac, here's some random screenshots of his old tweets. :P
Image Image Image

Cherub
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cherub »

bleachblack110 wrote:Anyone think he might not be living alone? That room he keeps showing (his bedroom) looks converted from the living room. You can see it in one of the shots. When he was with his mom buying furniture he said the living room was already furnished and he just needed bed stuff. I feel like he will yammer on about his new apartment and then eventually admit he has a roommate
Does he read this? ;)

spiffy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by spiffy »

bleachblack110 wrote:Anyone think he might not be living alone? That room he keeps showing (his bedroom) looks converted from the living room. You can see it in one of the shots. When he was with his mom buying furniture he said the living room was already furnished and he just needed bed stuff. I feel like he will yammer on about his new apartment and then eventually admit he has a roommate
Yep.I noticed that extra furnished bedroom on the side .
Erik tries to impress everyone to the point of being a big bullshit artist.
He mentioned earlier his rent was 3 times the rent minus $500 of the studio he and Jessica once lived in. Jessica and him each paid half the rent so he was responsible for $700 a month then. I'm guessing his portion renting a room now in Midtown Manhattan is 3 times 700 minus 500...so he in reality is only paying 1,600 a month. Now he finally admitted he has a roommate,or should I say he is a roommate of someone else who originally rented the apartment.

nutfreak
Talker
Talker

Post by nutfreak »

Erik needs to stop the game of trying to keep up with the Joneses. Maybe being surrounded by very successful YouTubers like Jon Olson made him insecure. I thought once he came clean about his breakup with Jessica he would stop lying but that's not the case. Pretty shady about the new apartment. You could tell something was off the minute he started filming the space.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ap123456
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ap123456 »

i really think he needs to save the channel by getting a girlfriend. and he has had so many chances to rebound after jessica. if hes used to a pretty girl, he had quinn lake, he even had youtuber danielle mansutti in his video and she had him in hers. she looks like jessica and is really pretty. smh. is he gay or bi? he doesnt act very masculine. a guy his age would be crazy about getting a girl. idk. if he came out, it could get him views. im surprised he hasnt thought of that yet. he could have a clickbait title like "Finally coming out of the closet", but then the video is just him spending time organizing his closet.

i think he might read this forum. ERIK GET A GIRLFRIEND AND RECREATE WHAT YOU HAD. REALIZE WHAT PEOPLE CAME FOR. 95% OF YOUR SUBSCRIBERS CLICKED SUBSCRIBE WHEN IT WAS THE ERIK AND JESSICA SHOW.

blahblahwe21
Lurker
Lurker

Post by blahblahwe21 »

ap123456 wrote:i really think he needs to save the channel by getting a girlfriend. and he has had so many chances to rebound after jessica. if hes used to a pretty girl, he had quinn lake, he even had youtuber danielle mansutti in his video and she had him in hers. she looks like jessica and is really pretty. smh. is he gay or bi? he doesnt act very masculine. a guy his age would be crazy about getting a girl. idk. if he came out, it could get him views. im surprised he hasnt thought of that yet. he could have a clickbait title like "Finally coming out of the closet", but then the video is just him spending time organizing his closet.

i think he might read this forum. ERIK GET A GIRLFRIEND AND RECREATE WHAT YOU HAD. REALIZE WHAT PEOPLE CAME FOR. 95% OF YOUR SUBSCRIBERS CLICKED SUBSCRIBE WHEN IT WAS THE ERIK AND JESSICA SHOW.
What? He just got out of a long term relationship. It's completely normal to not want to get into a relationship immediately. Doesn't mean he's gay. Also, just because he hung out with those girls he needs to get with them. They probably only hung out so they can get new viewers.

Dixen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dixen »

blahblahwe21 wrote:
ap123456 wrote:i really think he needs to save the channel by getting a girlfriend. and he has had so many chances to rebound after jessica. if hes used to a pretty girl, he had quinn lake, he even had youtuber danielle mansutti in his video and she had him in hers. she looks like jessica and is really pretty. smh. is he gay or bi? he doesnt act very masculine. a guy his age would be crazy about getting a girl. idk. if he came out, it could get him views. im surprised he hasnt thought of that yet. he could have a clickbait title like "Finally coming out of the closet", but then the video is just him spending time organizing his closet.

What? He just got out of a long term relationship. It's completely normal to not want to get into a relationship immediately. Doesn't mean he's gay. Also, just because he hung out with those girls he needs to get with them. They probably only hung out so they can get new viewers.
Agree dont see why he should be in a rush to get a new gf - he just got out of a relationship and seems to be happy living the way he does now with lots of travelling ect.

starlightcity
Learner
Learner

Post by starlightcity »

I don't know why you guys are defending Erik now. He objectified Jessica. And I realized through reading stuff online that Jessica's only beautiful because she doesn't have thin lips, has almond shaped eyes and somewhat thick brown hair, with fat on her body/ass. Compared to other white girls I mean. Other than that she's not as pretty when others take pictures of her

ap123456
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ap123456 »

idk which post to quote, just referring to all of you..im just saying that i came to subscribe to his channel because of his relationship with jessica. seeing a model with a regular guy. i mean shes a regular girl but the media always objectifies beautiful women to the point that it makes them seem out of this world and dehumanizes them to where you cant imagine that these women have normal lives and date someone real. we usually only hear about who models date if they are dating someone famous or rich. but in reality there are beautiful women out there that are real people and date regular guys.

erik and jessica made for an interesting video. now erik meets random people that we hardly ever see again, and they all lack personalities. they just exist to push their own youtube channels., since the break up all his videos have just been about "hey look at me meeting this other youtuber, subscribe to them too", i want real things and real emotions and the drama that comes with a relationship.

pilottw
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by pilottw »

update: erik started dating sara.
Sara is amazing girl.
Just what he insisted and experienced before, hope they won't put their relationship too much on youtube and maintain healthy relationship.
wow.

Cherub
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cherub »

he said in the video they're not dating

blahblahwe21
Lurker
Lurker

Post by blahblahwe21 »

starlightcity wrote:I don't know why you guys are defending Erik now. He objectified Jessica. And I realized through reading stuff online that Jessica's only beautiful because she doesn't have thin lips, has almond shaped eyes and somewhat thick brown hair, with fat on her body/ass. Compared to other white girls I mean. Other than that she's not as pretty when others take pictures of her
For me, I defended him when it came to the idea that he needs to date already. I think many people need to take some time to get to know themselves before jumping into a new relationship. Especially if you just got out of a long term relationship. Also, the new person is likely going to be a rebound and it isn't fair to them as well. Not saying it's that way for everyone though. Also, dating someone hot just to get views wouldnt be fair either.

Yes I agree with you about using Jessica's body to get views. Personally, if it were me, I'd be turned off if my boyfriend did that. However, if it bothered Jessica, she would have told him not to do that. I'm sure she liked putting herself out there as well. I do think she's pretty though. We don't need to compare her face to other people to see her level of prettiness. But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I can also see why people wouldn't be attracted to her.

I mean other than those points, I agree that Erik has some issues he needs to work on. Like, how he deletes or blocks a comment he doesn't like. Also, I started watching other vlogs and I noticed that they seem more genuine than Erik because hey don't seem to take themselves too seriously like Erik does.

Return to “Erik Conover”