booksandquills

july111
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: booksandquills

Post by july111 »

Ugh I do not want to actually watch her videos to find out, so does anyone know why she calls her monthly series in February 'helmikuu'? I know it's Finnish for February but why did she choose this language. I'm Finnish and I haven't figured out what significance it has for her.

kowabunga
Informer
Informer

Post by kowabunga »

I think she and Marion are just really good friends although I do get some lesbian vibes from Sanne.

She talked about helmikuu in a vlog recently. She wanted to challenge herself to make as many vids as possible in the month of February and while looking for a name for that challenge she hung out on the international section of wikipedia and looked up the word February in different languages. She thought the Finnish pronunciation was hilarious so she chose that one.
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

humdrume
Informer
Informer

Post by humdrume »

The last video an absolutely sponsored one...well I understand she is not gonna change direction...

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish »

kowabunga wrote:I think she and Marion are just really good friends although I do get some lesbian vibes from Sanne.
Same tbh but on her twotter she went to Paris with some guy... and she seems either too overly excited to be there or that's the forced cringy smile she shows in thumbnails.
English is my 2nd language, so, please, bear with me.

humdrume
Informer
Informer

Post by humdrume »

^wow cos I think Marion is....very interested in her. I must be "lost in transtlation"[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

promiseandprecision
Learner
Learner

Post by promiseandprecision »

Marion has a boyfriend, he was in her Vlogmas videos and flew back to America with her for Christmas. It does annoy me though when straight girls (or at least girls who aren't actually a romantic couple) do the boyfriend/girlfriend tag it is just so cringe, do the best friend tag instead.

TheLondoner
Learner
Learner

Post by TheLondoner »

Hey guys, I'm not coming with any trash really, but now that I'm not allowed to just lurk anymore I might as well post what I've been wanting to post! I actually met Sanne last year, I interviewed her for my Journalism module at uni! :) She was very nice and professional, I just emailed her, saying that I was a fan and had to write an interview with someone interesting. We have a common native tongue, Dutch, and I explained that I found her interesting both because of her Booktubing and because she works in publishing, which is a field I might want to get into. We met at a cafe close to her job and spoke for over an hour, she was really chatty and lovely AND got me a first for my interview :) Just my two cents about her personality!

I don't really keep up with her videos nowadays anymore, only if something looks superinteresting. I do agree she seems to buy/get giften a shitload more books than she reads.

humdrume
Informer
Informer

Post by humdrume »

^Nice hearing that. It is what I like to think about her but her videos are too short lately that I find hard to connect to her. Hope she "chats" more in her videos cos I really enjoy listening to.

getinmymachine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by getinmymachine »

She posted her 5th "these books have pretty spines, I haven't read any of them" video today. :?

humdrume
Informer
Informer

Post by humdrume »

^Yeah, she is not in the age of YA anymore...

But I like when she talks about some clasics and feminist books.

Most of her YA books are BS imo.

TeaNBiscuits
Talker
Talker

Post by TeaNBiscuits »

Okay, it kind of annoys me she had like four graphic novels in her favorites of 2016. I love graphic novels, but four of them in your whole year seems like code to 'didn't read that many books'

manymeows
Learner
Learner

Post by manymeows »

I liked her because she's like the only youtuber i'm subbed to who focuses on books! but i agree her videos are so boring and i do think she seems pretentious as well. plus i just feel like if you didn't read that many books or don't have much to say then make a video when you do??? or focus on a few books but go into depth about your actual opinions on them.... or do some giveaways of all the damn books you get for free?? i think i'm going to unsub tbh. does anyone have any suggestions for book youtubers who are not annoying? lol

rachel_clare88
Learner
Learner

Post by rachel_clare88 »

I normally quite enjoy Sanne's videos, but I couldn't;t stop being distracted by the HORRENDOUS foundation tideline on her forehead in her latest video.

Petty, but true...

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

(Lol no one has posted here since 2018, but whatever I'm going to post anyway...)

Generally, I like Sanne, but I just don't understand why she would leave Penguin Randomhouse to "Freelance." Don't get me wrong, freelancing can be great, but I don't think she really has a clear business model for herself...she just pieces together her income through vid editing and other random "social media" tasks. Even when she made that vid about freelancing, I still didn't really get what she does (even after she tried to describe it). Idk how sustainable this is for her tbh...especially living in London.

Also, not trying to be mean, but I find her vids with Marion annoying. Mainly because I just find Marion to be kind of standoffish and awkward (not in an endearing way).

Return to “BookTube”