Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Book Twitter

Post by Annaj001 »

eggiwa wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:18 pm
boobootwo wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:49 am

Emery comes off as so bitter and sad, always looking for an argument and someone to blame.
tbh I completely agree. I was so excited for meet cute but the way he acts on twitter, making everything about himself, the way he talked about mentals ilnesses and even some of the things he said during the Brazil exclsuive giveaway of his book, turned me off SO much to this book. he's just making his image worse and worse everytime he tweets.
Do tell! I don’t think I’ve heard about this!

eggiwa
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by eggiwa »

Annaj001 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:56 pm
eggiwa wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:18 pm

tbh I completely agree. I was so excited for meet cute but the way he acts on twitter, making everything about himself, the way he talked about mentals ilnesses and even some of the things he said during the Brazil exclsuive giveaway of his book, turned me off SO much to this book. he's just making his image worse and worse everytime he tweets.
it was deleted now, but someone explained how his pronouns could be interpreted in different ways in portuguese and he completely disregarded it and now he has just "e" in his bio referring to masculine pronouns in portuguese when the correct way would be "ele"? it kinda felt like he did it to pander to the brazilian audience instead of listening to us y'know. but it could be just a personal preference, and in that case it's alright, it just felt odd after the whole conversation. also, one of the rules was no giveaway accs but a giveaway acct won anyway :?

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

eggiwa wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:06 am
Annaj001 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:56 pm

it was deleted now, but someone explained how his pronouns could be interpreted in different ways in portuguese and he completely disregarded it and now he has just "e" in his bio referring to masculine pronouns in portuguese when the correct way would be "ele"? it kinda felt like he did it to pander to the brazilian audience instead of listening to us y'know. but it could be just a personal preference, and in that case it's alright, it just felt odd after the whole conversation. also, one of the rules was no giveaway accs but a giveaway acct won anyway :?
Is there a drama he isn't participating in lately? last several Book ComuniTea videos his tweets are always involved somehow. Some people have so much free time hanging out on twt I sometimes envy them.
edit: And I'm definitely not reading his book I don't want to support toxic and negative people.

TheBookishBabe

Post by TheBookishBabe »

oh_do_tell wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:24 pm
eggiwa wrote:

Is there a drama he isn't participating in lately? last several Book ComuniTea videos his tweets are always involved somehow. Some people have so much free time hanging out on twt I sometimes envy them.
edit: And I'm definitely not reading his book I don't want to support toxic and negative people.
I passed on an e-arc of the book. Publisher sent me a widget asking if I would review. I was already annoyed he was complaining about Black reviewers not promoting him enough. But not any of his other identities.

fennecreads
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by fennecreads »

oh_do_tell wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:24 pm
eggiwa wrote:

I actually ended up removing his book from my tbr after what felt like the millionth thing. I felt like I've removed authors for less and his book's description didn't wow me that much.

TurtleTurtle
Learner
Learner

Post by TurtleTurtle »

Don't sell ARCs! Here are 4 Limited Edition ARCs!

fennecreads
Talker
Talker

Post by fennecreads »

TurtleTurtle wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:01 am
After a lot of people a few months ago unretweeted their approval of his new book because of his past behavior.

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

fennecreads wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:33 am
TurtleTurtle wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:01 am
After a lot of people a few months ago unretweeted their approval of his new book because of his past behavior.
While I won't be surprised when it release and the hype is back up because of a few books boxes alreay getting approved for it

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

This thread is locked. Please continue with: viewtopic.php?f=531&t=38124 :toss:

Return to “Twitter”